Author's Chapter Notes:
Hello all.. .I hope you enjoy my first attempt at Spuffy - please review :)
The big moments are gonna come.... You'll see what I mean

When she watched the scenery pass her
by she didn’t feel it. When she lugged her over-packed
suitcases and trunk up the 5 floors, she didn’t feel it. Not even when she hugged her mother goodbye and waved to her as she drove around the corner did she feel it. It wasn’t until everything was unpacked and she saw her favourite posters and stuffed animals littering a new room that she felt it. Her life had changed.


Here she was at eighteen years old staring at the horizon of her new life. It was cheesy but true. Buffy was attending Richardson College. It was a school different from all the other schools in California. It was small and community driven and was modeled after many of the more tradition schools that were found in Boston and Philadelphia, however it got to keep that California charm; meaning no cold winters to suffer through. Buffy had fallen in love with it the first time she had seen it when she was twelve years old on her way to Sunnydale from L.A. When she turned sixteen she had visited for the first time and she could feel that it was the right place for her.

Her high school friends did not understand why she wanted to go there when she could have gone with all of them to UCLA. At that school there were guaranteed keggers, all-nighters and a ridiculous amount of jocks to fawn all over them. That kind of thing was no longer important to Buffy. There had been a time when she had been concerned with the latest designer, and gossip and new colour of lip gloss. But as she got older, she became more interested in pursuing her dreams of being a photo jounalist, then worrying about what other people thought of her.

She changed her mind especially after her terrible breakup with her ex- boyfriend Angel; she had wanted to forget all about that lifestyle. Angel had been Buffy’s first and up to this point only love. He had been a couple years older, a senior to Buffy’s sophomore. He was tall, dark and totally gorgeous. They had dated seriously for over a year and had been so happy together. Everyone saw them as the perfect couple and thought that they complimented each other so well. Buffy had thought the same thing. He had been her world right up until the moment she had proved her love for him by finally sleeping with him. It was an amazing night complete with candles and romance and they had both seemed to enjoy it. Telling each other over and over how much they loved one another. The next morning Angel had changed. Buffy awoke to find Angel gone. She had no idea where he was and when she finally caught up with him, he had acted as if nothing monumental had happened. He started acting out, being rude and running with another crowd. Almost in the blink of an eye he broke up with Buffy and started dating some skank named Darla. It had broken Buffy’s heart and it had taken her a long time to get over it. The entire ordeal was humiliating for Buffy, everyone in her school seemed to know all of her business. Thankfully she had Cordy to help her through the hard times.

Buffy’s best friend Cordelia had just about disowned her when she found out that they would not be roommates in university. Although Cordy could be cruel and petty she had always been there for Buffy through the good and the bad times. They both knew that it would be hard to move on, but at the same time they knew that it was important to grow as individuals, besides they weren’t really that far away from each other and could visit at any time.


By physical standards Buffy was your average all-American girl. Plain by no means she was blonde haired with hazel eyes and quite pretty. Built on a tiny frame she was fragile-looking but anyone that knew her well enough knew that this was not true. There was a fire that burned inside her that showed through her eyes. She was incredibly active and talented at track. She was hoping to join the team once she got settled at Richardson. Although she was different than what many people suspected she was in many ways your average freshmen; she was scared. She had no idea what to expect, especially now that she was out on her own. Although out on her own really meant a supervised dorm, complete with a roommate, and in actual fact her school was only two hours away from her mother's home, but still she was out on her own, fending for herself, grabbing life by the balls and all that rot.


One of the things that she was seriously worried about was the roommate situation. Growing up as an only child she never really had to share her space with anyone. After her parents divorce she and her mother had moved to Sunnydale, California from L.A. into a spacious home. Now here she was standing in a room about the size of a sardine can and she was expected to share it with someone. As if! She had envisioned all of the horrifying roommate scenarios that everyone goes through: the Goth, the freak, the foreign exchange student that doesn’t speak any English and cooks smelly food. She imagined the millions of bad habits that they could have: like cutting their toenails and leaving them on the floor, drinking the last of the milk, listening to Cher or Celine Dion, etc.

So you can imagine her surprise when her door burst open and the most gorgeous man that she had ever seen stood standing there dressed in a red button down shirt and jeans complete with combat boots and bleached hair. Buffy barely had time to catch her breath when the gorgeous stranger uttered the words that would leave Buffy altered for the rest of her life.


“Hello cutie”.