A/N: When I do page brakes I’ll just put in the number of days later at the end of the row of Xs. That sounds confusing but it’s really not. Now as I doubt anyone is actually reading this on to the story! Is the formating removing the bold? Cause if it is I'll make the claim convos diffrent.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX1

It was close to two in the morning, when Spike suddenly felt a huge wash of fear, annoyance, and adrenaline wash through him. Since he was just sitting in a bar he, made a wild guess that something was happening with Buffy. He quickly followed her emotions back to her mind, strengthening the claim until he could see, hear, and smell Buffy’s surroundings as if he was standing there himself. What he saw greatly angered him, a small brunette was mercilessly beating on a vamp that she should have long ago dusted, if the rolled back into his head state of his eyes was anything to go by. Then he saw Buffy, she was reaching for a piece of wood while two vamps came dangerously close to her neck. Desperate, Spike feed her a lot of his strength she sent him a quick Thanks before shoving the vamps off her and staking them. Confident that Buffy could give the girl what-for all by herself, Spike pulled out and trusted that she would tell him all about it when she was alone again. Oddly tired he headed back to his crypt after dissuading a few demon girls from following him back.

So then she goes, ‘I thought you could handle yourself’ like she hadn’t done anything to get upset about! It was two hours since the almost deadly patrol in the ally and Buffy was busy complaining to Spike about Faith, as no one else would listen to anything bad about the ‘cool, new Slayer’. Slayer’s are supposed to kill vamps not beat them to a bloody pulp! It’s supposed to be a fair fight, same strength, same speed, and the same endurance. Slaying is not supposed to be about torturing vamps it’s about getting the job done.

Yes Slayer you’ve been saying the same thing for hours. If you want me to, I’ll kill her when I’m down there.

I wish you could. But I have this weird feeling I’m going to need her for something later.

Whatever you say Buffy. Actually I think I’m going to come up there sometime . . . she interrupted him And you know what else she did! She’s totally hitting on Scott!

Scott?

That guy Willow’s been setting me up with.

And that’s a bad thing?

Well no.

Wouldn’t it be a good idea to let her have him, then Red would stop trying to push you two together. Unless of course you actually like this guy. Buffy wasn’t as stupid as she looked, she instantly registered Spike’s insecure tone and hastened to reassure him. NO! It’s not like that it . . . it just feels like she’s becoming me. She’s wooing everything that’s mine over to her side. First my friends, then my Watcher, then my mom, then the guy I’ve been getting set up with. I feel like she’s taking over all my stuff. Can’t I be a little ticked?

Sure Slayer. If it makes you feel better I’ll hate her too. Anyway I was thinking that I’d come up in about a week or so. Is that ok?

Why wouldn’t it be? I really miss you. It’s really hard going from living together and seeing each other every day to never seeing each other.

Trust me love I know what you mean, but there is a way we can relieve the frustration. The talking portion of the evening quickly ended after that.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX1

I think I understand Faith a lot better now. Buffy began their nightly convo. I realized today that I’m not the only person in the world that has gone through stuff. Just because Faith wasn’t forced to kill her ex doesn’t mean that she doesn’t have issues too. And who am I to refuse her special treatment when I make everyone give it to me? I know I’ve been a bitch and I want to apologize.

All is forgiven love. So what happened to make you have this revelation?

There was this guy Kissing toast or something and it turned out that he had tortured Faith’s watcher right in front of her. I never had to deal with someone I love getting hurt and not be able to do anything about it. I think I can begin to understand more about her. We’ve reached a sort of wary truce now and we’re happy.

That’s good. Ten days till I come up.

Yeah! Right now though I just want to sleep. Goodnight!

Love you.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX6

Slayer I’m back!

Oh good! How was the hell dimension? Who was it that got married?

Hot, learned lots of new demonic things though. This one howler demon married a vampire. I was only invited because I’m the Master’s Son. It was formal and ughhh. Reminded me of the kind of parties I used to go to before I was turned. Boring as, well, hell. What happened with you?

Ran for homecoming queen, lost. Survived the SlayerFest ’98 – Thanks for the heads up – and had a creepy candy make all the adults do the flashback to when they were young.

Sounds like a normal week in the life of the Slayer. How many nasties went down?

Five vamps, two demons.

So I’m heading up to Sunnydale. I’ll probably be there Monday. Three more days!

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX1

Hey Faith has a new watcher! She’s all evil. Well not really but she is so annoying she keeps ragging on Giles, Faith and me about our slaying. She’s horrible!

What’s this bird’s name? Maybe I’ll make sure she meets with an unfortunate accident well I’m there.

Gwendolyn Post. Don’t kill her, maybe you could like rip out her tongue or something.

There’s my blood thirsty Slayer.

Ha. Seriously she is so annoying. She’s really worried about finding that glove of whatever so that Large-os what’s-him-name doesn’t.

This wouldn’t be Largos?

I guess.

He’s a seriously evil dude, Slayer. What’s this glove’s name?

My-hen-gone?

Myhnegon. If you find it don’t touch it! It doesn’t come off until death. Dru wanted it once for her birthday. I couldn’t find it searched every cemetery in Sunnydale; this was before you of course. I didn’t look through the Restfeild before we had to leave. It’s probably there.

Hey cool! I’ll look. Love you!

Love you.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX1

Guess what!

What?

Gwen was evil! I was right again!

Really now?

Yep. She was after the my-hen-is-gone glove all for herself.

Your life should be a TV show Slayer. You just can’t get board with your life story.

Tell me about it. So how was your day?

Not that interesting I got the Desoto out of storage. I should be there tomorrow night.

I can’t wait. I miss you so much.

Until then, my love, I love you.

I love you too Spike.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

Chapter 4
Lover's Walk

A/N: Does anyone know where Faith is supposed to be during Lover’s Walk? I re-read the transcript like eight times before I realized that she just seems to have disappeared. So that’s how mine is going to work, which I realize is a really sad excuse but putting Faith in would just be way confusing and I’m lazy.

There is no Xander / Willow tension! That couple always screamed incest to me.

Thought is italic. Claim convo is bold italic.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

When Spike pulled in to town on Tuesday night, he couldn’t resist plowing through the large ‘Welcome to Sunnydale’ sign as he had before. The slight itch under his skin told him he had a good five hours before sun rise. Anxious to see Buffy, he sent out thought waves to find out where she was.

Which cemetery are you in luv?

Restfeild. Why are you here!

Just pulled in, where should we meet?

Even though they could easily have figured out their plan using the claim, they needed to see each other, long distance relationships were hard enough to maintain without ever seeing each other. They also needed to reestablish the claim, so that the distance didn’t weaken it. So fifteen minutes later Slayer and vampire could be found in a passionate embrace inside the old factory. It was hard to say who was hugging whom harder, though there was no question that any human would have been crushed by the forces.

We should make a plan.

Later.

Not arguing with that.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

Two hours later, claim renewed and bodies sated, (at least for now) they began concocting a brilliant plan. As in tune as they were, they still fought. After all fighting was one of the best parts of their relationship. Eventually though they came to an impasse. Spike wanted to kidnap Willow and Giles, and Buffy wanted Willow and Xander.

“Why would I take Xander? He’s not going to do me any good. Giles knows everything. Besides I hate Xander!”

“What if Willow and Xander were walking down the street together? Then you just grab the two that are easiest.”

“I wouldn’t take the whelp if he was lying, already knocked out on the side on the road! Can you imagine having that excuse for a human being swirling around in your insides? Bleck! Giles makes way more sense.”

“I just . . . I’m not sure if Giles is still right in the head after the whole Angel thing. I don’t think he’ll be Ok going through something like that again, and I need him!”

Sighing Spike gave in, “Alright, Slayer. But I reserve the right to say I told you so.” Buffy laughed,

“That’s fine.”

An hour later they had the whole plan hammered out. Buffy would pretend she heard a fledgling bragging about the Son of the Master, causing a research session that only Xander and Willow would be able to attend. Easy enough because Giles was going to some retreat, Cordelia had sworn off research and Oz had band practice on Thursday nights. As the two Scoobies left Buffy’s house Spike would jump out from behind a bush and carry them off to the factory. There he would then tell them all about his sadness with Dru dieing and then tell them how he blamed Buffy. He would then tell Xander to get Buffy and no one else or Willow would die. Buffy and Spike would meet for their final showdown. Willow would run and the couple could finally have some alone time. The last thing they decided was to let Joyce know about their relationship. Buffy was hoping that it would make up for her being the only one that didn’t know about the Slayer thing.

Suddenly realizing how late it was they ran back to the Summers’ house before sunrise.

Joyce handled the news of their relationship a lot better than either of them had expected. According to her they had had chemistry during the truce. She made Spike slept on a cot in the basement to avoid the sun, and she refused to let him sleep in a crypt as he had planned.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX1

The next school day went as well as can be expected, Buffy was so distracted she sat in her English classroom for five minutes without realizing it had ended. Willow noticed her obvious distraction, but the Slayer would not say what she was thinking about . . . or with. The real reason for her distraction was the fact that with out the distance between them she could slip in to Spike’s thoughts a lot easier then she remembered it being, even when they had been together in LA. Her distraction was in the fact that Spike had frequent, hot dreams during the day causing her to stare off into space frustration building as the day went on. ‘Stupid horny vampire!’ She ranted as she walked into the library after school. She shifted uncomfortably as Giles told her where he would be, how to reach him and various warnings about patrol. She had his entire caution speech memorized by now and spoke the last sentence with him, “If you get seriously hurt go directly home. I know Giles you’re only going to be gone three days it will be fine.” She smiled at him reassuringly walked him to his car and watched him leave. As soon as he was out of her eyesight she ran full speed to the factory where she knew Spike would be waiting.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX1

The next day Buffy told Willow all about the annoying vamp with whom she’d fought the night before.

“It was so annoying! He kept going, ‘The son of the Master will avenge my death, for tomorrow he comes!’ uhh. I staked him just to get him to stop.”

Willow was worried that it might be a real threat, “Who’s the Son of the Master?”

“Like I know.”

“We should research it.”

Buffy sighed and tried to look regretful, “I guess. We should meet at my house though because the new principal will not be happy with us staying the night.”

That planned out Buffy went off to enjoy a lovely day at school.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

After a two hour research session with Buffy Xander and Willow walked out the front door and out top the street.

“Did Buffy seem more . . . relaxed to you Willow?” Xander asked.

“She seemed kinda, glowey. Like ya know how she’s been all stretched since she came back from LA? Ever since yesterday she seems more together, at peace. You think she’s finally getting over last year?”

Xander looked at her oddly, “No. I thought that she recently got laid, but maybe it’s your thing.”

Hiding in the bushes Spike listened to their conversation. He felt a mix of guilt and happiness that Buffy was so affected by their distance. Pushing aside the feelings he jumped in front of Willow and Xander, first knocking Willow to the ground where she lay unconscious, then turning his attention to Xander he couldn’t resist a dramatic, “She’ll pay.” before knocking him out too.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX1

‘This plan is going perfectly’ Spike thought as he ignored Xander’s repetitive speech about how Buffy was going to save them any minute. This particular speech had been going on for two whole bloody hours! He vowed to himself, (loudly so Buffy would hear) that the Slayer would pay for this. His only response was a giggle and a naughty suggestion of punishment. Finally tiring of Xander’s insistent prattle Spike slapped him hard upside the head.

“The Slayer doesn’t even know you both are missing yet!” He exploded. “If you keep annoying me like this I might be tempted to spell my message for the Slayer in bruises!” He paused to make sure his threat was understood then continued, “I’m only keeping you long enough to worry her anyway. She will be out of her mind with worry that her poor weak friends are missing, until you crawl up to her with the message to meet me in the mansion.” Taking a deep pull from his brown bag covered water he continued. “Then I’ll beat the living daylights out of the women that killed my Dark Princess.” He ended on a very theatrical moan, falling to his knees in fake anguish. Xander took this as an opportunity to run for the door. Before he got halfway he was met with a very angry vampire before the dark claimed him again and he succumbed to unconsciousness.

XXxxXXxxXXxxXXxxXX

A little while after Spike’s angry threat Buffy was in fifth period when she felt Spike’s panic. Quickly slipping into his mind she barely held back a gasp of surprise, ‘This is so not according to plan!’

TBC . . .