Author's Chapter Notes:
Well aparently I have ruffled a few fearthers with this one. It was brought to my attention that I never warned against the Spike/other, but I went and checked and I did put the warning in the summary of the FIC not that chap since there was nothing physical. I do hope you will follow me because like I said before, I am planing on going somewhere with this and as always I will have a spuffy ending, I just have to work my way up to it. Well enjoy and let me know what you think. Kuddos!
Buffy sat on the ground outside of her old house for God knows how long when she saw a familiar car pull in the drive. Not even bothering to hide her tears she looked up with tear-swollen eyes at her brother who was staring down at her with a concerned look on his face.


“Buffy get up,” Angel demanded softly as he reached down to help the broken blond off the ground.


Buffy absently grabbed Angel’s hand and tried to pull herself up. When she got to her feet, she swayed slightly and was caught by two very strong arms. Looking up at her brother’s big chocolate brown eyes, new tears sprang forth and she felt her throat constrict.


“He’s gone,” she choked out in a tight whisper.


Angel hugged his sister and tried to soothe her with his words. “It’ll be okay Buffy, you’ll see.”


Buffy pulled herself from Angel’s arms and shook her head. “No. It won’t ever be okay,” she stated adamantly.


“Buffy I know it seems that way now, but you’ll see, it’ll get better, besides you still have Lindsey,” Angel pointed out.


Buffy looked at Angel with wide-eyes. She had forgotten about Lindsey in all this mess that was her life. “Oh God! He’s at Mom’s still isn’t he?”


“Well yeah, and I don’t think he’s too happy right now,” Angel commented knowingly. Lindsey had been a force to be reckoned with before he had left. It took everything Angel had to keep Lindsey from going out and finding Buffy himself.


“What did he say?” Buffy asked meekly.


“That when he found Will he was going to show him once and for all whom you belonged to,” Angel replied verbatim. He wasn’t a huge fan of Lindsey so if what he said pissed his sister off enough for her to break up with Lindsey it wouldn’t be any skin off his nose.


Buffy stared at Angel wide-eyed. “He said what?!” She knew Lindsey could be a bit jealous, but he had never gone as far as to ‘claim’ her.


Angel held up his hands in surrender. “Hey I’m just telling you what he said.”


Buffy felt pure rage boil inside her. She belonged to no one. “How dare he say that I ‘belonged’ to him. What is this, the fucking cave man days?” she snapped.


Angel couldn’t help the grin that crossed his face. Buffy may be tiny, but God help you if you pissed her off. All he could say was that he was glad he wasn’t on her radar.


“I have to go,” Buffy stated quickly before she walked over to Angel’s car.


“Hey if you’re gonna run off somewhere take Mom’s car.” Angel yelled.


“I’m going back to Mom’s. I think I need to have a little chat with Mr. McDonald,” Buffy hissed through clinched teeth.


“Alright I’ll meet you there,” Angel said as he walked over to his mother’s car.


Just as Buffy was about to get in the car, she called out to her brother. “Hey, how did you know where to find me?” she asked curiously.


Angel let a smile curl at his lips. “I didn’t, just had to take my chances,” he replied with a shrug.


Buffy gave him a quick nod and got in her car, speeding off in the direction of her mother’s house.


Angel quickly got in his mother’s car and followed Buffy home. This was something he wouldn’t miss for the world.



******************************************************************************



William pulled into the upper-class apartment complex and shut off the engine. The whole ride over he had questioned himself if going to see Drusilla was the right thing to do.


He had met Drusilla Childes at a convention his law firm hosted a few years ago and was immediately drawn to her by a force he couldn’t quite explain. She was dark and mysterious yet she carried herself with such grace.


When William had approached her, she had looked him straight in the eyes and told him point blank that his sunshine was gone and that she could feel the darkness around him.


William had thought her insane and simple turned to walk away from her, but was stopped by a surprisingly strong delicate hand. He turned to look at her and was lost in her trance-like gaze.


Drusilla pulled him to her and whispered seductively in his ear, “She can’t hurt you anymore; mummy will make it all go away.”


Feeling completely unnerved by this woman that was on the brink of her sanity, he pulled away from her and avoided her for the rest of the convention. When he had returned to work on Monday, he was stunned to find the woman who had so strangely captivated him sitting in his office. He had walked in eyeing her wearily as he asked how he could help her.


Drusilla had simply let out an eerie cackle and tsk’d her slender finger at him saying that he was the one in need of help.


William got irritated and told her to leave if she wasn’t interested in his law services, showing her the way out.


Drusilla had simply smiled and slipped a card in his shirt pocket as she slipped out of his office with cat like grace.


William had reached in his pocket and read her card with wide eyes. The woman, who’s name was Drusilla Childes, was a divorce attorney. Looking out his office door at the woman who was being concealed behind closing elevator doors, he shook his head in bewilderment. How in the bloody hell did she know about his broken marriage?


It took weeks for him to call and ask Dru how it was she had known about his problems, but after the first phone call, Dru was someone that William found he could confide in. Their relationship was never physical other than a comforting embrace from time to time, but that’s as far as it ever went.


Dru made it clear that if he ever wanted more she was more than willing to oblige, but that he would have to be the one to initiate things. So now here he was, standing outside her door, hands shoved in his pockets waiting for her to open the door so he could take things to the next level.


Drusilla opened the door and smiled mischievously. “Ah, my sweet William, do come in.”


William nodded his head and walked into her apartment. Every time he walked in her flat a chill ran down his spine. Her apartment was always so cold and empty feeling. The living room was open and had very little furniture, but what she did have was all leather and black. Taking a seat on the couch, he let out a sigh. “Dru I need your help,” he started.


Drusilla came to sit next to him on the couch and trailed a long pointed nail down his arm. “What can mummy do to help?” she purred seductively.


William turned to look at Drusilla and found himself entranced by the deep dark look in her black eyes. He shook his head trying to keep his thoughts straight.


“I need you to be my attorney,” he stated flatly.


Drusilla tilted her head and studied him. “My William’s been to see his sunshine,” she commented with a far off look in her eyes.


William hung his head. “She was in Sunnydale this weekend,” he replied dejectedly as he went over the weekend from hell.


Drusilla got up from the couch and began to sway to the sound of music only she could hear. “Sunshine has found someone else to warm with her rays. Has for sometime now,” she rambled.


“That’s right, found out she’s warmin’ someone else’s bed too,” he commented bitterly.


Drusilla stopped her dancing to look at William with vacant eyes. “So you’ve come to mummy so she can make it all better,” she cooed as she held her frail hand out to him.


William took her small hand in his and stood from the couch. “It just hurts so badly, the pain, its gut wrenching luv. I just want it to stop,” he pleaded desperately.


Drusilla cradled William’s head to her chest and began to sway them slowly. “Shhh my sweet boy, mummy can make the pain stop. Do you want me to make it stop?” she cooed in an eerie voice.


William closed his eyes and clutched Drusilla to him. “Yes luv, just make the hurt go away,” was his muffled plea.


Drusilla pulled William from her chest and caressed his chiseled cheek as she gazed into his cerulean eyes.


William closed the distance between them and captured Drusilla’s lips in a fiery kiss, plundering her mouth with his tongue.


Drusilla lead them to her room, never breaking the kiss. When she felt William’s knees hit the edge of the bed, she pulled back and stared at him.


“Gonna show you the darkness, make you crave it,” she purred as she leaned in and kissed and suckled at the tender flesh on his neck.


William closed his eyes and tried not to think about Buffy. He hadn’t been with another woman since the first time he had kissed Buffy nearly twelve years ago. Shaking away his thoughts, he roughly threw Drusilla on the bed and pinned her with his weight as he nipped at her neck.


Drusilla let out a maniacal laugh. “My boy wants to be rough with his dolly. Mmmmm make it hurt.”


William broke away from her neck and looked down at Drusilla with dark eyes as he tore her shirt from her chest and exposed her small breasts to his hungry gaze. He had never been an aggressive lover with Buffy and right now it was about pure raw animalistic need.


Drusilla let out another laugh and thrashed her head back and forth. “In the dark is where you belong sweet William. Show mummy you don’t need your sunshine,” she hissed as she brought her hand between her legs and rubbed herself.


For some reason her words brought him back to what was happening. What was he doing? He didn’t want Dru like this. This wasn’t him at all. He pulled away from Drusilla with a horrified look on his face.


“Dru, I’m so sorry. I... I can’t do this,” he mumbled as he backed away slowly to the door.


Drusilla let her hand fall from between her thighs as she sat up, not bothering to cover her exposed chest. “You can William, but you won’t,” she stated calmly.


William stopped and looked up at Drusilla with sad eyes. “You’re right. I could very easily warm your bed tonight and leave it in the morning, but I won’t. Not just because I don’t want to ruin our friendship, but…,” he trailed off as his eyes became glossy with unshed tears.


“Because you still need your sunshine. Still need to feel the sun on your face,” Dru finished in an unusually calm and sane tone of voice.


William nodded his head. “Because if I do this then I can never be able to look Buffy in the eyes and tell her that it’s only ever been about her,’ he stated matter of factly.


Dru tilted her head and patted the spot next to her on the bed. “Come sit,” she demeaned gently.


William sat next to Drusilla and hung his head in shame. Drusilla ran her fingers through his soft hair and pulled his head to her chest.


“My sweet boy. So lost he is. There’s nothing mummy can do now,” she cooed softly as she stroked his hair.


William turned into her chest and realized she wasn’t wearing a top. Feeling very uncomfortable, he pulled away and grabbed her ripped shirt from the floor to cover her chest.


“Dru I’m so sorry, I don’t know what came over me,” he apologized feeling ashamed for being so rough with her.


Drusilla shook her head and stood in front of him, cupping his chin. “All is forgiven. Miss Edith told me you wouldn’t go through with it,” she replied in a child-like voice.


William looked at her with a confused look. “Your dolly said I wouldn’t sleep with you?” He had to admit, Dru was completely off her nut.


Drusilla smiled brightly. “Yes, and she also told me other secrets, but I promised not to tell.”


He could only imagine what Dru was really talking about. With a heavy sigh, he stood up from the bed and looked at Drusilla with sad eyes.


“I should probably go,” he said as he placed a quick kiss to her pale cheek.


William walked out of her room and was almost out the door when Drusilla called out to him.


“William, you will stand in the light again,” she stated.


William looked up at Drusilla and shook his head. “No Dru, I won’t. My days in the sun are over.”



A/N : You didn't think I would actually let him go through with it now did you? Yes it was evil on my part to make you think that I would let Will actually sleep with her, but I love a good cliffhanger!




Thanks to Spikesluv, cordykitten, jeanie, Debbie, Angi, DaniD, Meagan, DaniD, frederique, duckies2005, dusty273, dragontiff, gotkona, spufette, Pam S, SarahandJamesFanatic, ChrissieLinnit, ................ ( you know who you are), caatje, Kimber, Nicki, and MidnightGirl for reviewing adn letting me know what you think. I know not everyone was happy with the last chapter but its all in the name of the plot line. Kuddos!