Author's Chapter Notes:
Well here you guys go, hope you enjoy! Kuddos!
**Disclaimer in full effect**




Buffy sat in her hotel room staring out the window. She was still confused as to what the hell had happened that morning. One minute she was yelling and screaming back and forth with Will, the next she was in his arms about to kiss him.


She hadn’t been able to go through with it. So here she sat, divorce papers on the small table staring her in the face. Lilah had told her she was crazy to not just go ahead and sign since William had agreed to her terms, but Buffy had simply told her another day wasn’t going to make any difference.


She needed to talk to him one last time to make sure this was really the right thing. The way he had looked her in the eyes had sparked something inside of her that she thought was dead and gone. Her only problem was that William was not taking her calls. She called his cell phone only to get the voice mail and when she had called his office, his secretary told her he was out for the rest of the day. Not knowing what else to do, Buffy grabbed her purse to make one last effort to try and make sense of this whole situation.





******************************************************************************



William sat in his apartment alone, in the dark, and a glass full of Jack Daniels in hand as silent tears tracked down his finely chiseled cheeks. He watched as the light from the street slipped in the room from the window and glinted off the gold wedding band that sat on the table mocking him.


The things that came to light in that small room today had his head spinning. Buffy wasn’t willing to quite let go of their past. He knew it wasn’t much, but he had thought that maybe there could have been a flicker of hope, that was until she had turned away from him making it clear she didn’t want anything to do with him.


He had turned off his phone altogether after Buffy had called consistently for almost an hour. He didn’t think he could bear the thought of hearing her say that it was done and over with. Bringing his glass to his lips, he let the fiery liquid slide down his throat in the hopes it would numb the pain in his confused head and his breaking heart.


When the soft knocking on his door brought him back to reality, he turned to look at it briefly and then went back to his mournful state. Whoever it was, he wasn’t in the mood for company.


Buffy stood outside of William’s apartment, her stomach in knots. She rubbed at her arms fighting off the chill that she wasn’t sure came from the cool California night air, or the nerves that were racking her to the core. When she got no response, she knocked a bit harder and called out to William through the door.


“Will, can we please talk? I know you’re here, I saw your car in the parking lot,” Buffy pleaded, desperation evident in her voice. If she could only get him to talk to her.


William heard Buffy’s voice and fused his eyes shut. Why in the bloody hell could she just leave him be? He thought that maybe if he sat there quiet enough she would think him not home and just give up, but that didn’t seem to be the case. The longer he sat there, the more persistent she became.


“Will I’m not going away until you talk to me,” Buffy said determinedly. She would sit on his front step all night if she had to. There were things that needed to be said once and for all.


With a frustrated sigh, William got up from his seat and walked over to the door. He knew for a fact how damn hard-headed Buffy could be and if he didn’t give in and talk to her, he wasn’t going to get a moments peace.


“Bloody hell woman, can’t you take a hint,” he groused as he pulled open the door.



Buffy took in William’s appearance and felt her heart break. From the dim light on the street she could tell his eyes were slightly swollen from crying and there was still damp tear tracks marring his beautiful face. Suddenly everything Buffy wanted to say became a jumbled mess of words in her head and she was left standing there with her mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.


“Well?” William asked expectantly, face void of all emotion.


“Uh, can I come in?” Buffy asked meekly once she had found her intelligence.


William stared at the small blond before him. He wanted nothing more than to just shut the door and pretend like she was never there, but as he goosebumps coat her tiny arms, he knew he couldn’t just leave her out there. With an exasperated sigh, he opened the door further and let Buffy in.


Buffy stepped into the dark apartment. Unconsciously, she inhaled deeply, taking in the smell of William’s home. It was something she could only describe as masculine. Closing her eyes, she reveled in the warm feel it caused in her stomach.


William flipped the light switch and without a word walked over to the couch and took up his previous position.


Buffy opened her eyes and took in her surroundings. If she had walked in the apartment, unaware of who lived here, she could tell without a shadow of a doubt who the owner was.


The hardwood floors were covered with rich colored rugs that you could tell were anything but cheap. The leather couch that sat on the far side of the room was a rich coco brown color and was accented with pillows in the same deep shades as the carpets. The only thing unfamiliar to her was the large paintings that hung on the wall. Buffy had never known William to be an art connoisseur and to her surprise he was a very good one.


“Theses are beautiful,” she commented gesturing to the paintings on the wall.


Without turning to look at her, William talked over his shoulder. “Were a gift,” he replied emptily.


Buffy furrowed her brow. “A gift? From who?” She couldn’t help the jealousy that coated her words.


William got up from his seat and crossed the room to stand directly in front of Buffy.


“I know you didn’t come here to talk about the art on m’walls, so just go ahead and say what you came to say,” he stated.


Buffy felt a chill run through her. His words were so cold and uncaring. She was beginning to wonder if coming here was a bad idea. Swallowing hard, Buffy gathered her courage.


“Fine, I’ll get straight to the point,” she started, looking down at her feet.


When she looked up, the intense eyes that were staring at her became too much, so she turned away and went to sit on the couch. It was unnerving that William still could manage to see straight to her soul after all this time.


William let out a huff. “Please have a seat,” he said dryly as he sat in a chair across from her. He just wanted to get this done and over with.


Buffy tried not to let his ill mood get the better of her, and took a deep breath. Just when she was about to open her mouth to say her piece, she noticed the wedding band sitting on the table. On reflex, she grabbed at her chest where under the cover of her shirt she wore her tiny wedding band on a chain around her neck.


William looked at Buffy expectantly. When he realized she wasn’t saying anything, he scowled at her and then noticed where her line of vision was. Buffy was staring at the gold band sitting on the table as she clutched at her neckline. With lighting speed, he grabbed the object of Buffy’s fascination and stared at the small blond that was sitting on his couch.


Buffy looked up at William with wide eyes. Before she could stop herself, she asked,” Do you still wear it?”


With emotionless eyes, he looked down at Buffy and replied simply, “No.”


Buffy felt as if someone had just kicked her in the gut, his words stinging her more than she wanted to admit. The ring that hung at her neck now felt like it was burning her skin. She wanted to yank the chain from her neck and throw it in his face and tell him she hated him and that she was sorry she had ever met him, but she knew for a fact it would be an out an out lie, so all she did was look down at her lap and let out a soft, “Oh.”


William fought back the urge to apologize for the obvious hurt he had just caused her and sat back down. They sat in silence for what seemed like lifetimes, but was really only a matter of minutes. Remembering why she came, Buffy pulled out the papers from her purse and put them on the table.


“Is this really what you want?”


William looked from the papers to Buffy. “You didn’t sign,” it was a statement not a question.


“I needed to know for sure this is what you really wanted William,” Buffy said softly.


William looked at Buffy with cautious eyes. Why all of a sudden her change of heart?


“Buffy what are you getting at?”


Buffy let out a heavy sigh and decided it was time to put all her cards on the table.


“Will after what happened today….” Buffy started, but trailed off not knowing exactly how to put into words what she was feeling.


“Buffy I’m sorry, it was wrong,” he apologized.


Buffy looked up at William with hurt eyes. “What?”


“When we almost kissed today, it was wrong,” he clarified becoming confused by the hurt look that crossed her face, but it was soon replaced with one of anger.


“You’re right, it was a mistake,” she said quickly and grabbed the papers from the table, getting up to leave. Well I guess she got her answer.


William quickly stopped Buffy before she could get to the door. “Buffy where are you going?” he asked as he held her upper arm in a firm grip.


Buffy yanked her arm away. “Let me go,” she hissed. “God how stupid am I?” she laughed sardonically as she reached and tried to open the door.


William slammed it shut and turned Buffy so he could see her face. “Buffy what are you talking about?” he questioned as he looked her dead in the eyes searching for some sort of answer.


Buffy tried to free herself from his hold, but he held strong. With pure defiance, Buffy jutted out her chin. “Nothing, so let me go.”


“Not until you tell me what the hell you’re talking about,” he pushed, shaking her slightly for emphasis.


“Why should I? Nothings changed apparently,” she replied in a tear tight voice. She mentally berated herself for sounding so weak.


William loosened his grip on her arms and furrowed his brow. “What do you mean, nothing’s changed?”


Buffy let a tear fall down her cheek as she looked up into the stormy blue eyes of the man she knew she would love forever.


“Us.”


“What about us Buffy?” William asked almost pleadingly as he instinctively wiped the tear from her cheek with the pad of his thumb.


Buffy closed her eyes at his gentle touch. God how she missed this. Why couldn’t they just forget the last eight years and go back to the way things were?


“Open your eyes,” William demanded gently.


Buffy did as she was told looking deep into William’s azure eyes. Without thinking, she crushed her lips to his in a demanding kiss and felt electric heat run straight through her body down to her womb.


As soon as her lips met his, William’s eyes went wide with surprise, but he quickly recovered and rolled his eyes shut, pulling Buffy’s slender body flush against his. He let his hands dance at the small of her back as he rubbed his now painfully hard shaft against her stomach.


Buffy let a throaty moan escape her lips only to be swallowed by William’s mouth as he delved his tongue into her accepting mouth. They both battled for dominance, neither willing to submit to the other.


Buffy slowly began to feel the effects of lack of oxygen and unwillingly tore her lips from William’s. She looked up at him with wide eyes as the reality of what she had done began to sink in.


William panted for air as he gazed at Buffy. There was a swirl of emotions churning within him but the one that was concurring all was lust. Before he could think the situation through, he pulled Buffy back to him and covered her mouth with his, pouring everything he felt into their kiss; confusion, anger, want, desire, but most of all need. He needed Buffy in a way he hadn’t thought possible. It had been so long since he had felt the warmth and softness of a woman and he’d be damned if he was going to turn it away.


Buffy tuned out the voice in her head that was screaming at her that this could only lead to trouble and let her body lead the way. William felt too good and she wasn’t going to let anything get in her way of what she had been wanting for so long. Tangling her finger’s in William’s hair, she submitted to him, letting him take control.


William tore his lips from Buffy’s and trailed kisses down her jaw to the spot right behind her ear that he knew she couldn’t resist as he murmured huskily in her ear. “Fuck you feel so bloody good.”


Buffy tilted her head to the side and let out a breathy moan. “Ah Will, I want you,” she pleaded. She knew it was wrong, but God help her, she wanted him now more than she ever had before.


With a growl, William lifted Buffy by her thighs and wrapped her legs around his waist as he met her lips again leading them to his room.


William knew he was probably going to regret this in the morning, but at that moment it didn’t matter. He had Buffy in his arms and was going to have her in his bed, and for now, that was good enough.





Thanks to Meagan, cordykitten, DaniD, willowmouse, jeanie, chrissnicole, Nicki, Debbie, Briana, .... ( are you ever going to reveal yourself, LOL), MidnightGirl, Reiskye, spufette, SarahandJamesFanatic, spikeshunny, kim, Spikesluv, and Kimber for the awsome reviews! I can't tell you enough how much they mean to me. Kuddos!