Author's Chapter Notes:
Well I won't say too much cause I don't want to give any thing away, but I hope you all like the way things turn out. Kuddos! Also a huge thanks to my beta Vicki who has worked so ahrd on this fic so y'all could enjoy it, so be sure to send her some luv. Thanks sweetie, you're the best a girl could ask for!
**Disclaimer in full effect**





Buffy was in a whirlwind. One minute she was arguing with William, the next she was sprawled out on what she assumed was his bed. Looking up with lust filled eyes, she pleaded desperately, “Need you Will.”


William quickly pulled his shirt over his head and gazed down at the woman in his bed. “God Buffy, I’ve wanted you so bad,” he rasped as he slowly crawled up her body.


Buffy pulled him down in a demanding kiss as she arched off the bed and rubbed her aching center against him. “Uh Will,” she moaned against his lips.


William slid his hand down Buffy’s side and grabbed the material of her shirt in his hands, bringing it up and over her head tossing it to the floor. He leaned back so he could drink in the goddess before him, letting his eyes wander over her taunt flesh, licking his lips in desire.


“So bloody gorgeous you are, been too long,” he rasped as he dipped his head down and took a lace-covered nipple in his mouth, bringing it to a stiff peak.


Buffy gasped and arched off the bed. “Ah….God yes, too long,” she agreed in a throaty moan.


When William left Buffy’s breast to unclasp her bra he caught sight of the small ring that pooled in the hollow of her throat. It was as if reality came crashing back to him at that very second. What the bloody hell was he doing? Quickly getting up, he grabbed Buffy’s shirt and handed it to her, turning away in shame.


Buffy sat up and stared at William in confusion. “Will what’s wrong?”


“Buffy what are we doing?” he whispered in a tight voice, unable to look at her.


Buffy felt her heart ache. “Will, I don’t understand, I thought…,” but she couldn’t finish because the tears were causing her throat to close.


William finally turned to look at Buffy. “Thought what? That we’d have one last night together? That we could just sweep everything under the rug?” he questioned letting his raw emotions bubble to the surface.


“No, I…,” but Buffy stopped. What did she think? Well she hadn’t thought at all. She just wanted to have that feeling back again and she didn’t care at what price.


“Buffy you should go,” he suggested mournfully.


Buffy let her hurt turn to anger. “So what, you bring me to your bed in an attempt to make me look like some cheap whore to get back at me?” she spat accusingly.


William stared at Buffy with wide eyes. “What, no?! How could you think that?” he asked incredulously.


Buffy let her tears fall. “Because that’s exactly how I feel right now,” she cried.


William pulled Buffy into his arms and held her tight. “Buffy, don’t cry. Please luv, you know I can’t stand to see you cry,” he cooed in her ear.


Buffy pulled out of his embrace and sniffled. “Then why did you pull away from me?” she asked meekly as she wiped at her tears.


William reached out and grabbed the ring around her neck. “Because of this.” He held up the ring for her to see. “It reminded me that things will never be the same between us,” he replied honestly.


Buffy ran a finger over the curve of the metal. “Why does it have to be like this?” Buffy thought out loud.


William lifted Buffy’s chin with his finger so she could look into his eyes. “Buffy tell me something.” Once he knew he had her attention he asked, “If we had slept together tonight, would things be different between us?”


“Yes,” she answered him honestly.


“Yes?”


“Yes things would change between us Will, I’m just not sure how,” she said turning to walk away from him.


William felt raw panic grip him at the thought of Buffy walking out that door. In a fit of desperation, he grabbed her arm and turned her to face him. “Tell me you want me Buffy, tell me anything to change my mind about letting you walk out that door,” he pleaded.


Buffy turned and looked at William with wide eyes. He was asking her to give him a reason to let her stay. She wanted him so much that the thought of him not touching her caused her heart to ache.


“You know I do,” she told him honestly.


William let himself believe her and pulled her body so it was flush with his. Leaning his forehead against hers, he closed his eyes. “I don’t know what I would have done if you would have walked out that door,” he confessed.


Buffy unclasped her bra letting it fall to the floor, and quickly rid herself of her jeans and panties. “Then let’s not find out,” she whispered as she brought William’s hand to her breast.


William closed his eyes and kneaded the soft flesh in his hand. How could this be wrong? This is all he had thought about, dreamed about, and now it was right before him. Who was he to turn such a thing away?


Buffy brought her hands to the waistband of William’s pants, pulling the button free. Slowly she pulled the zipper down and slid his pants down his slender hips to pool at his feet. Cupping his firm bottom in her hands, she said the only thing that made sense.


“Make me forget William, make me forget all the bad things we’ve said and done,” she pleaded as she pulled his body to hers so she could feel his fully hard cock pressed against her stomach.


When his flesh met Buffy’s warm flesh he let out a gasp. He could cum from just being this close to her naked body. Not wanting to deny himself any longer, he captured Buffy’s lips in a tender kiss and backed her to the bed.


Buffy felt the bed behind her knees, and leaned back into it. Once her head hit the mattress, she wrapped her arms around William’s neck and pulled him so he was on top of her.


William wrapped an arm underneath Buffy’s waist to bring her further up the bed and rested his weight on his arm as he brought his other hand to gently caress her hip.


Buffy deepened the kiss and let her tongue glide over William’s in a seductive dance that he had taught her years ago. As their mouths continued their slow erotic dance, William let his hand wander to her sex, massaging her tight bundle of nerves with his thumb.


Buffy tore her mouth away and gasped as little tingles coursed through her. “Ohhh, oh God!”


William abandoned her clit and let two fingers delve into her dripping core and pumped them in a steady pace as he looked deep into her eyes. “Tell me how good it feels,” he demanded.


Buffy held his hand in place and clamped her eyes shut. “Uh Will, feels so good,” she moaned as she rode his fingers, desperately seeking her release.


William watched with lust hooded eyes as Buffy pleasured herself on his fingers. No longer was she the shy lover he once knew, but was now a woman who knew what she wanted and wasn’t afraid to take it.


Buffy felt her inner muscles begin to flutter and arched off the bed with a strangled cry as her orgasm consumed her.


“Uhn….yes Will…so good…..Ahhhhh!”


When Buffy calmed beneath him, William removed his soaked digits from her scorching heat and brought them to his lips. He couldn’t suppress the moan that escaped his lips. “Fuck, you taste so good,” he rasped.


Buffy brought William’s fingers to her own lips and sucked his fingers into her mouth as she locked eyes with him.


William let out a soft groan and dipped his head down to capture her lips. Buffy lifted her hips and rubbed her dripping center on his shaft, enjoying the throaty noises she was eliciting.


“Bloody hell Buffy, gonna make me cum if you keep that up,” William mumbled as he buried his face in the crook of her neck as he thrust his hips forward.


Buffy took William’s throbbing cock in her hand and guided it to her entrance, teasing the head at her slit.


“Buffy!” was his strangled cry as she mercilessly tortured him to the point that if he wasn’t buried inside of her soon he would combust.


With her free hand, Buffy grabbed his ass cheek firmly and pulled him forward so his hard shaft entered her in one swift move. They both gasped at the sensation and stilled their movements, him to gain his bearings and her to adjust to his girth.


When William finally gained control, he pulled back until he was almost out of her and then thrust in deep to the hilt, circling his hips to rub at her engorged clit.


“Oh God!” Buffy moaned as she felt the stirrings deep within her womb. “Dear God please don’t stop!”


William tucked Buffy’s shoulders under his arms and gripped her shoulders as he plunged into her depths in a steady rhythm. It had been so long since he had been with a woman, let alone one that he knew so intimately already.


“Uhn…so bloody good,” he grunted as he picked up his speed. Buffy felt way too good and he wanted to make sure his girl was left satisfied.


Buffy met William thrust for thrust as her body began to quake. Like a gun going off, her orgasm broke loose causing her to cry out in pleasure.


“Oh, oh, oh, ahhhhh, William!!!!!!!!”


The sound of his name coming from her lips in a cry of ecstasy sent him over the edge. With a few more thrusts, he buried himself to the hilt as he let his seed flow deep with in her.


“Ah….Fuck!!!!!”


When William’s arms finally gave, he fell on top of Buffy and panted heavily, burying his face in the crook of her neck.


Buffy stroked his damp hair and sighed contentedly. She hadn’t felt this sated since the last time they had made love. Made love? Buffy stiffened beneath William and stopped her hand mid-stroke. Wait is that what had just happened?


William felt Buffy stiffen and used what energy he had left to hold himself up. “Buffy?” he questioned. When she looked at him with wide eyes, he wondered what had caused her to go from completely relaxed to tense in a matter of seconds. Then he realized they hadn’t used a condom. Was that why she looked so panicked?


“Buffy talk to me,” he pleaded.


“I…I uh,” she fumbled but didn’t know how to put it into words. How did you ask the man whose heart you broke if you had just made love or just simply fucked?


“Buffy are you worried because we didn’t use protection?” He questioned hesitantly. He prayed that she was still on the pill.


William’s question seemed to break her out of her thoughts. “Huh?”


William realized he was still nestled inside of Buffy and carefully rolled to his side. “Buffy are you on the pill?”


“Oh, yeah,” she quickly assured him. “That’s not what I was thinking about.”


“Then do you mind tellin’ a bloke what’s got you so freaked out, cause not very comforting after what just happened luv,” he said as he tucked a stray hair behind her ear.


Buffy worried her bottom lip. Well when in doubt, say the first thing that pops in your head.


“Will did we just make love?”


William was taken aback by Buffy’s forward question. Yes, he still loved her, but what they had done, was it making love? In order for it to be making love didn’t both people have to be well, in love?


“Uh, well…” he trailed off, not knowing how to answer her question.


“You know what forget I said anything,” she said quickly trying to get up. Of course they hadn’t made love, it was just sex and nothing more, right?


William grabbed her arm so she couldn’t get away. “Buffy wait, we need to talk about this,” he demanded. He wasn’t about to let her just run away this time. She was going to talk whether she liked it or not.


Buffy sighed and lay back down. “Okay, let’s talk,” she relented.


“Do you think we made love?” he asked, turning her question on her.


Buffy felt tears begin to spring forward as she looked William in the eyes. “I don’t know,” she whispered meekly. She knew in her heart that at least on her part it was, but she didn’t know if she could handle telling him that and him rejecting her.


William could see now that sleeping with Buffy had just made everything ten times worse. Now not only was he confused about how he felt, but he was even more confused about how she felt too.


“Buffy do you regret what happened tonight?” he asked needing to know for sure before he put his heart on the line.


“No,” she answered honestly. “But I’m not sure where this leaves us now.”


William understood completely what she meant. They couldn’t just turn back the clock and forget the last eight years, but they also couldn’t throw away all the years they had spent together happy. “Buffy I think it might be best for us to start over,” he suggested.


“Start over?” she asked confused.


“Yeah, you know a clean slate, start from scratch,” he tried to explain.


“But how can we do that? We’ve done so much to hurt each other.” Buffy replied.


“Well that’s the whole point of starting over, if we want to do this we have to forget all the things from the past and start completely over.”


Buffy thought about this for a moment. How were they going to do this? They lived over three-thousand miles apart and led two totally different lives. With skepticism evident in her big green eyes, she asked, “Will how can we do this?”


“Well we get to know each other again,” he suggested hopefully. If Buffy was willing to give this a go, then by God he was going to do everything in his power to try and make things work.


“Okay, but how do you suggest we do this when I live in New York and you live here in Los Angeles?” She knew she sounded pessimistic, but she wanted to point out how difficult this could really be.


William knew that the distance thing was not in his favor, but maybe, just maybe they could work around that issue. “Buffy if you want to we can make this happen, but it has to be something you want,” he said resolutely.


Buffy let out a sigh. “Will it’s not that I don’t want to try, I really do, it’s just are lives are so different now,” she pointed out.


“Well then Buffy I don’t know what to tell you then, I can only do so much,” he snapped irritably as he got out of bed, pulling his pants on.


Buffy sat up and found William’s shirt on the floor, pulling it over her head. “I don’t want to fight with you William, I just want to know how we’re gonna do this?” she pleaded.


William grabbed his cigarettes from his dresser and lit one up. How was it that Buffy could make him so happy but then make him so damn mad that he wanted to wring her pretty little neck all at the same time.


“Bloody hell, why does everything have to be so difficult with you?”


Buffy planted her hands on her hips. “How is me asking a very important question me being difficult?” she asked indignantly.


William shook his head. “I must have been crazy to think for even two seconds that you would actually try and work things out,” he said looking up at the ceiling.


“Okay William, say I said we start over, what are you going to do when I have to be gone for months at a time, or when your life gets turned upside down with reporters asking you questions about our personal life huh, what are you gonna do then?” she asked.


“What do you mean reporters asking questions?” he asked incredulously.


“My personal life is constantly in the media Will witch means if we’re together yours will be too,” she reminded him.


William had forgotten about Buffy’s busy life style as a musician. He didn’t like the idea, but if he loved her as much as he told himself he did, then he would have to accept it.


“I guess we would just have to work that out when we get to that crossroad,” he replied diplomatically.


Buffy was shocked to say the least. She had expected a big argument, but he had surprised her with his acceptance instead. With a smile on her face, Buffy closed the distance between them and wrapped her arms around his waist looking him deep in the eyes.


“You really think we can do this?” she asked with renowned hope.


William tucked a stray hair behind Buffy’s ear and smiled down at the woman he loved more than life itself. “Yes I do, but I’m not fooling myself for one minute that this is going to be easy,” he replied as he brushed his knuckles across her soft cheek.


“So what’s the first step to this clean slate?” Buffy asked laying her cheek on William’s chest.


William smiled as he rested his chin on the top of her head. “First things first, we get ourselves divorced.”


Buffy looked up at William aghast. William simply chuckled at her and brought her head back to rest on his chest.


“Clean slate luv, that means we start from the beginning and the only way to start over is to put our past behind us,” he explained.


Buffy knew William was right; the only way to start fresh was to start at square one. With a heavy sigh, Buffy looked up at William. “Well Mr. Giles, welcome to the world of divorce.”


A/N Well is this spuffy enough for you, LOL! I know you are all thinking who is going to be the first to mess things up but I promise most of the angst is done......for now *evil grin*, no just kidding.....well maybe ;) !





Thanks to spuffette, Spikesluv, Amanda, Spikeshunny, cordykitten, Spikegirl, Lau, Debbie, Klai, MidnightGirl, gotkona, kim, DaniD, vitalis, willowmouse, prophecygirrl, SarahandJamesFanatic, Kimber, Nicki, jennybean, and Laura for the awsome reviews! I can't believe we aren't even half way through and I've already broken the 400 mark! Y'all kick some serious ass!!!!!!! Kuddos!