Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay this is my little V-Day gift to all of y'all that have been so sweet in leaving me reviews. I hope every one got lots of smooches from that special some one!Y'all enjoy! Happy Heart Day! kuddos!
Buffy sat on her couch eating her favorite Ben & Jerry’s while flipping through the channels on the television. She was waiting patiently for William to call, but was starting to get antsy.


It had been a little over a week since everything had come out about their relationship in the tabloids and she was still a bit nervous about howWilliam really felt about the whole situation.


Just when Buffy couldn’t take it any longer, the phone started to ring. With a giddy squeal, she picked up the phone and looked at the caller ID. Her shoulders slumped when she saw Angel’s number flash instead of William’s.


“Hello?” Buffy all but groaned.


“Well hello to you too little sister.”


“Hey Angel,” Buffy greeted disappointedly.


“Don’t sound too excited to hear from me,” Angel teased.


“It’s not that, I was just expecting a call is all,” Buffy explained.


“Well it must have been someone very important then,” Angel mused.


Buffy quickly changed the subject. “So what do I owe the pleasure of a call out of the blue from my one and only big brother?”


“Nice try Buff, who were you expecting?” Angel pushed, having a good idea already who she was wanting to hear from; after all he didn’t live under a rock.


Buffy was sure Angel had heard about her and William, but that didn’t mean she was ready to talk to him about it. “Is there a reason you called, or did you just have to get your fill of being a pain in my ass?” she asked sarcastically.


Angel knew how stubborn his sister was and knew there was no getting her to budge when she was dead set on keeping quiet. “Fine, I called to see if maybe you could come stay with the boys next week while Cordy has the baby?”


“Next week?” Buffy asked hesitantly. She was supposed to have the next week off from the studio, but she was planning on flying to LA to see William.


“Yeah, Mom had a last minute showing that she can’t get out of.”


“What about Cordy’s mom?” Buffy tried hopefully. It’s not that she didn’t want to watch her nephews; it’s just that this was going to be the only time she would have off to spend some real time with William.


“Somehow the idea of putting hot pokers in my eyes seems like a better plan then bringing Gwyneth Chase to come and stay to help with the boys.”


“Angel! I thought you liked Cordelia’s mom?”


“Don’t get me wrong, I love the woman, but I love her more at her house, and not at mine.” Angel said matter a factly.


“That bad huh,” Buffy sympathized. She knew Cordy’s mom all too well. She was a nice woman, but like Cordelia, she had no problem telling you exactly what she thought, and especially when it came to Angel and how he had made her precious daughter a mere suburban housewife.


“Oh yeah, Gwyneth Chase is a down right…. Wonderful woman who I wouldn’t trade as a mother-n-law for the world,” Angel said a bit too brightly.


Buffy let out a full out laugh. “Cordy walked into the room didn’t she?”


“What was that about my mother Angel?” Cordelia asked, hands firmly placed on her hips.


“Oh I was just telling Buffy that I wish your mother could come and stay but she has so much stuff going on with all the wonderful charities and all that it would be selfish of me to ask her to come and stay with us,” Angel lied through his teeth.


Buffy let out another bout of laughter at her brother’s lame ass attempt to get out of hot water with his wife.


Cordy cocked a perfectly sculpted brow at her husband. “Is that so? So it wouldn’t have anything to do with rather poking your eyes out with hot pokers now would it?”


“Oh you are so busted!” Buffy relayed through her fits of laughter.


“Sweetie I was just kidding,” Angel chuckled nervously.


“Uh huh, right,” Cordelia said not believing her husband for a second and walking out of the room.


Angel let out a sigh of relief that his very pregnant wife didn’t rip him a new one. “I swear that pregnancy must enhance your hearing,” he commented in a conspirators tone.


“I heard that,” Cordelia called from the next room.


“I think your right,” Buffy agreed hearing her sister-n-law over the phone.


“So do you think you can come and stay? It’ll only be for a few days.”


Buffy wanted to see William, but family came first. “Sure, when do I need to be there?”


“They induce Cordy Wednesday, so if you want to come Tuesday evening that would be great,” Angel replied happily.


“Alright, I’ll get a ticket tomorrow to fly in Tuesday evening,” Buffy agreed.


“Alright, call me with the details of your flight so I know when to pick you up.”


“I’ll call tomorrow.”


“Alright Buffy, talk to you then. Love you, bye.”


“Love you too, bye,” and Buffy hung up. With a heavy sigh, she punched in William’s number to tell him that she was going to have to change her plans. She just hoped that he understood.



************************************************************************



William had just walked in the door and the phone was already ringing off the hook. He was seriously thinking about changing his number after all the calls he had gotten from different tabloids wanting details on his relationship with Buffy. Without looking at the caller ID, he picked up the phone and gave a clipped greeting.


“Yeah?”


“William?” Buffy asked hesitantly. He didn’t sound like he was in a very good mood and she wondered if this was a bad time to tell him she wasn’t coming to visit next week.


William heard Buffy’s voice and all traces of aggravation left him instantly. “Well ‘ello there gorgeous,” he purred as he loosened the knot of his tie.


Buffy felt the butterflies in her stomach surge into flight at the tone of William’s voice. He really could turn her into a pool of goo in just one word. “Hey,” she replied almost shyly.


“Was thinking about you today,” William confessed.


“Oh really?”


“Yep, got next week all planed out. Gonna show my girl a good time.” William said already unable to wait.


Buffy felt her heart sink. She hated to do this on their first attempt at a chance to get to know one another better, but Angel needed her.


“That’s kinda why I called,” she informed him glumly.


William let his shoulders sag. “But I thought you said you were going to be off all week,” he pouted.


“I know, but Angel called and needs me to come and stay with the boys next week while Cordy has the baby,” Buffy explained.


“Can’t your mum go?” William grumped.


“Will, you know I would come to LA if I could, but I already told Angel I would go to Boston. Please don’t make me feel worse than I already do,” Buffy pleaded.


“I know you would, but I was just really excited for you to be coming is all,” William replied gloomily.


“I promise as soon as I get some more time off it will be me, you, and a room with a view, how’s that sound?” Buffy tried.


“Alright kitten, but just as soon as you have time off,” William conceded. He was still disappointed, but there was really nothing he could do about it, or was there?


“Hey Buffy I just remembered I need to make a call,” he said quickly coming up with a plan.


“Oh, okay,” Buffy said feeling slightly hurt that William was ready to get off the phone with her.


“Call you later luv.”


“William?” Buffy asked timidly.


“Yeah pet?”


“You’re not too upset with me that I’m not coming to LA?” Buffy asked insecurely.


“I’m not upset with you, promise, I just need to make a call,” William assured her, secretly smiling.


“Alright then, goodnight.”


“Night kitten, sweet dreams.” Once William had hung up with Buffy he quickly dialed the phone.


“Hello?”


“Hey Wes, how would you like to have the week off to spend with that lovely wife of yours?” William asked his law partner.


“I’m not sure I understand William,” Wesley replied somewhat confused.


“You know that account you have in Boston, how about I go in your place,” William suggested. If Buffy couldn’t come to him then just maybe he would go to her.


“As tempting as that sounds, I really need that account,” Wesley said hesitantly.


“The account will be yours, I’ll just be standing in for you,” William all but begged.


“Why so desperate to go to Boston?” Wesley asked curiously.


William let a grin curl at his lips. “Got to go see about a girl.”



************************************************************************



Buffy grabbed her luggage from the turnstile and started heading towards the lobby of the Boston airport. She tried to push her thoughts of William away, but was finding it more difficult than she had expected. Seeing Angel, Buffy smiled brightly and walked over to him and gave him a big hug.


“Hey kiddo how was your flight?” Angel asked, taking her bags and leading her towards the car park.


“Good actually,” Buffy sighed. Her flight had been for the most part uneventful except for the odd fan here and there.


“Cordy and the boys are waiting for us at home with dinner so I hope you’re hungry.”


Buffy scrunched her nose. “Cordy didn’t cook did she?”


Angel chuckled, “No, we got take out.”


Buffy sighed in relief. There were lots of things Cordy was good at, but cooking was not one of them. “Oh thank God ‘cause I’m starved,” she gushed.


“I love you too much to subject you to Cordy’s cooking,” Angel teased as they came to the car.


Buffy climbed into the big SUV and tried to let herself relax. Just because she couldn’t be with William didn’t mean she couldn’t enjoy herself.


************************************************************************


“Babe we’re home,” Angel called out as he and Buffy walked in the door.


Buffy couldn’t help the smile that crossed her face. Angel and Cordy’s home always gave her the same warm fuzzy her mother’s house did. There were toys scattered in the living room and small coats hanging on the wall low enough for the boys to reach themselves. This is what she had wanted with William, a place to call home. With almost a sad smile, Buffy looked up to see a very pregnant Cordelia standing in the hall practically glowing.


“Buffy, it’s so good to see you,” she gushed as she wrapped her arms around her sister-n-law as best she could.


Buffy returned her hug and pulled back to take Cordelia in. “Cordy you look amazing,” she gushed as she reached out a hand to rub Cordelia’s swollen middle.


“Please, I’m not even sure I have on matching shoes theses days,” Cordelia waved off before giving her husband a quick kiss.


“The boys are just out back Angel, so go and call them in so we can get dinner underway.” Cordelia delegated as she waddled into the kitchen.


“Yes dear,” Angel replied with a lopsided grin and kiss to his wife’s temple.


Buffy shook her head. “You are so whipped,” she teased.


Angel watched Cordelia in the kitchen as she pulled out the things for dinner and beamed. “Yep,” he agreed and went to call the boys in for dinner.


Buffy let out a chuckle and went to the kitchen to help Cordy. “Here let me get that,” she offered as she saw Cordy battling with reaching for the dinner plates.


Cordy let out a puff of air and settled on a barstool. “Thanks.” Getting comfortable in her seat, she grinned at Buffy “So how have you been?”


Buffy knew that look anywhere. That look said Cordy wanted dirt. “Good,” she replied vaguely.


“Uh huh, so I’ve read,” Cordy teased.


Buffy couldn’t help the blush that crept into her cheeks. “It’s not like that,” Buffy defended weakly.


“Oh, so I didn’t see Will looking absolutely lickable on the cover of some magazine?” Cordy asked with a raised brow.


Buffy gasped. “Cordy!”


“What? I’m married not blind,” Cordilea replied looking like the picture of innocence.


“Well that picture was taken totally out of context,” Buffy stated matter of factly.


“Okay, say it was for argument sake. What’s the deal between you two?”


“We’re just getting to know each other again,” Buffy clarified.


“I bet you are,” Cordy said under her breath.


“Cordy it’s not like that, honest.”


“So you two are just two married people who are what, friends?” Cordy asked disbelievingly.


“We’re not married.” Buffy admitted timidly.


Cordelia about had her baby right then and there. “What?! You and Will are divorced!”


“I know I should have said something, I just wasn’t sure how,” Buffy tried to explain.


“Okay, let me see if I have this straight. You and Will are divorced but now you are seeing each other?”


Buffy thought it over and then nodded her head. “Yep.”


Cordy stared at her sister-n-law as if she had grown three heads. “Okay Buffy that didn’t make a lick of sense.”


“I know it’s kinda confusing, but for now it works.”


“Does Angel know about this?”


Buffy shook her head adamantly. “No and you aren’t going to tell him either.”


“You’re right, I’m not. You are.” Cordelia stated resolutely as she scooted off her stool.


“Not now I’m not,” Buffy replied adamantly. There was no way she was telling her brother about William while she was stuck there for the week.


“Buffy you better not put it off too long because you know things have a way of sneaking up on you when you least expect it.”


************************************************************************



William packed the last of his things for his trip with a goofy grin on his face. He could not wait to see the look on Buffy’s face when he surprised her in Boston.


He had called Joyce and got Angel’s address using the excuse that he had wanted to send flowers for Cordelia so no one could spoil the surprise. Yep, this was going to be a week they wouldn’t forget.





A/N I know that when people get divirced that it is public record but I have decided to keep that tid bit out of the papers. Yes I know not very realistic but I did it for story line purposes. Sorry! Well I will post again tommorrow afternoon . Kuddos!





Huge thanks to Debbie, spuffette, MidnightGirl, Kimber, DaniD, cordykitten, vitalis, Laura, SarahandJamesFanatic, Briana, Raspy_Luv, frederique, and willowmouse for the amazing reviews. I really appreciate them! Kuddos!