Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to my amazing beta Gotkona who has been my rock on this fic; I can't thank you near enough sweets! Also thanks to everyone that has supported me in this fic, y'all are the best a girl could ask for! Kuddos!
**Disclaimer in full effect**






Buffy stood in the doorway shell-shocked. Blinking a few times, she focused on the man standing in front of her. “William!”


“‘Ello luv,” William purred giving her a sexy smile.


Buffy flung herself in his arms. “Oh my God! What are you doing here!”


William wrapped his arms around Buffy and buried his face in her hair. God she smelled good. Pulling back slightly, he placed a tender kiss to her lips.


“I had to see you,” he stated simply.


Buffy buried her face in the crook of his neck. “I’m so glad you’re here,” she sighed. There weren’t words to describe how excited she really was.


William noticed two small scowling faces staring at him and pulled Buffy out of his arms. “Uh, I think we have an audience luv,” he said gesturing to the boys.


Buffy took a few steps back and looked down at her very protective nephews. They were the spitting image of Angel at that very moment. She wondered if Angel had been showing them how to scowl like that.


“Who is this?” Stephen questioned, turning to glare at William. Who did this man think he was with his hands all over his aunt like that?


Buffy paled. How was she supposed to explain this? Uh, this is your uncle? Well technically not anymore since we’re no longer together but we were having phone sex in your bathroom? No, that probably wouldn’t go over well at all.


William saw the panicked look in Buffy’s eyes and came to her rescue. “I’m an old friend of your mum and dads.”


Connor turned his head and studied the man in front of him. “You know my daddy?”


William bent down so he was eyelevel with the toddler. “That’s right and your Aunt Buffy too,” he nodded in agreement.


Connor looked up at Buffy. “Is he your friend?” he asked in conformation.


Buffy nodded. “He’s a very good friend of mine.”


“Daddy says not to let strangers in the house,” Stephen commented petulantly.


“Stephen,” Buffy scolded lightly.


William stood and turned to the older of the two boys. “Hello there, my mane is William, but you can call me Will if you’d like,” he said offering his hand in a manly gesture.


“Stephen,” the boy offered warily shaking William’s hand.


“Well now we’re not strangers anymore.”


Stephen looked up at Buffy. “I guess its okay.”


“Well thanks,” Buffy replied dryly before rumpling his hair.


Buffy stepped aside to let William in. “Come on in,” she offered.


William picked up his bags and walked inside. Looking around he grinned. It looks like Angel had done a bit of alright for himself. Taking off his coat, he hung it up on the wall.


“I can’t believe you’re here,” Buffy said still in awe.


William shrugged. “Well I pulled a few strings and I got a business trip here so I thought I would spend some time with you.”


Buffy’s face fell a bit. “So you’re here working?” disappointment evident in her voice.


William grinned. “Not until next week.”


Buffy’s smile returned instantly. William had come early just so he could see her. Remembering her manners, she offered him something to drink.


“No, I’m good, but I could stand to use the loo,” William said and then raised his brow suggestively. He knew that Buffy had escaped into the bathroom earlier by the echo over the phone.


Buffy blushed and began to fidget at the mention of the bathroom, then scowled. Oh he was so going to get it.


“What’s a loo?” Stephen asked confused.


William chuckled. “I’m sorry, could you please show me where the bathroom is.” Stephen shrugged and led William to the bathroom.


Connor looked up at his aunt with big innocent eyes. “Aunt Buffy do you have to go to the potty too cause your doin’ the pee pee dance.”


Buffy suppressed a groan and shook her head. “No Connor I’m fine.” Why did kids have to be some damn observant?


When Stephen came back with William in tow, she looked at the clock and saw it was well past lunch time. “You guys hungry?”


Stephen and Connor both nodded.


“How about I take you all out to lunch, my treat,” William offered.


“You don’t have to do that,” Buffy insisted.


“Nonsense. We can go where ever you’d like.”


Buffy looked down at her now very excited nephews. “Okay boys where will it be.”


Stephen and Connor both looked at each other and then to William. “Pizza World!”



************************************************************************



Buffy and William sat on the park bench watching Connor and Stephen play. They had all stuffed themselves with pizza and the boys had decided they wanted to play before heading home.


William looked over at Buffy and asked, “Have a good time today pet?”


Buffy turned and smiled. “Yeah I did, thank you for taking us to lunch, it was sweet of you.”


William shrugged. “I know it wasn’t exactly the fanciest meal, but the boys seem happy.”


“I think they had a good time.” Buffy giggled as she watched Connor chase enthusiastically after his brother.


“I can tell Stephen takes after his father,” William mused.


“How’s that?” Buffy asked quizzically.


“Every time I tried to get near you he would send me the same warning look Angel did back when we were dating,” William chuckled.


“Yeah he can be a bit protective of me. Back when I was with Lindsey he would come and sit in the middle of us to make sure Lindsey couldn’t get close to me.”


William tensed at the mention of Lindsey.


Buffy realized she had just brought up the one person she really shouldn’t have and winced. “Sorry.”


“S’alright, I know you were with Lindsey,” William said trying unsuccessfully to mask his jealousy.


“I know, but I know it’s a sore subject, I shouldn’t have said that,” Buffy replied apologetically.


“You’re with me now, so it doesn’t matter,” William stated possessively.


Buffy felt a delightful chill run through her at the possessiveness in William voice. Taking his larger hand in hers, she gave it a gentle squeeze. “That’s right, I am with you, and that’s all that matters.”


William settled back on the bench and smiled. Buffy was his and there was nothing in this world that was going to change that, at least not if he had anything to do with it.



************************************************************************


Angel walked in the front door and listened for signs of his family. When he heard the TV in the living room, he walked in and stopped dead in his tracks. “Will?” He asked stunned at the sight of his old friend sitting on the couch with his oldest son.


“Angel,” William said standing up nervously. Apparently when Angel had called and checked in earlier Buffy hadn’t mentioned him. He was going to have to talk to her about that later.


“What are you doing here and where is Buffy?”


“Oh uh, I’m here on a business trip and Buffy is upstairs giving Connor a bath,” William explained.


“Stephen why don’t you go on upstairs and help Buffy,” Angel asked his son who quickly agreed and headed upstairs.


Once Stephen was gone, Angel turned to his friend with a knowing look. “So you’re on business huh.”


William wasn’t sure how to answer him. If Buffy hadn’t told him he was here, then how much other stuff had she not told him. “Uh yeah, got an account here in Boston that I’m helping Wesley with,” he replied vaguely.


“So this account has nothing to do with Buffy being here in Boston this week,” Angel asked with a grin. His friend couldn’t bullshit a bullshiter.


“Nope,” William lied as he rolled back on his heels.


“You do know I know you’re full of shit right?”


“So why the bloody hell did you ask then,” William groused.


Angel laughed. “Just to see you squirm.”


“You know you always were an ass,” William pointed out.


“And you were always a bad liar.”


“Did Buffy tell you about us?” William asked hopefully. If she had told Angel about them then that would mean she wasn’t trying to keep them a secret.


“Nah, saw your bird chest on the cover of a magazine,” Angel snickered.


William couldn’t help but feel hurt. Buffy was trying to keep their relationship a secret. Well he had done it again; he had put himself out there only to be smacked in the face all over again.


“So how long are you in town?” Angel asked completely unaware of William’s change in mood.


“‘Til the end of next week,’ he said tersely.


“Well maybe we can get lunch and catch up,” Angel offered.


“Sounds good,” William replied putting on a fake smile.


Buffy came bouncing down the stairs, boys in tow and stopped at the sight of an amused looking Angel and a pissed off looking William.


“Angel, you’re home.”


“Well I was just coming to tell you that Cordy had the baby, little girl, Abigail Marie, six pounds eight ounces,” Angel beamed.


Buffy went and hugged her brother. “Congratulations!”


“Congratulations Angel,” William said giving Buffy a look.


Buffy frowned. What was William mad about? Had Angel said something to him to make him mad?


Angel pulled away from his sister and turned to his sons. “You boys want to go and see your new sister?” At their eager nods, Angel ushered them out of the room to get them ready to go.


Buffy turned to William. “What’s wrong?”


William gave her a blank look. “Nothing.”


“You’re lying to me,” Buffy stated becoming slightly concerned. Not just ten minutes ago he was sitting on the couch playing with Stephen.


“Did Angel say something to you?”


William snorted. “You could say that.”


“Don’t worry I’ll talk to him,” Buffy assured him going to wrap her arms around him but William side stepped her.


“No luv, Angel was fine, it’s you you should worry about,” William replied coolly.


“I don’t understand?” Buffy replied timidly.


“You never told Angel about us,” He spit at her.


Buffy had the decency to look ashamed. She knew she should have told her family about their relationship, it’s just that it was all so new and she wasn’t even sure about it herself until just recently.


“William I can explain,” she tried.


“Buffy he found out from a bloody magazine,” William hissed through clenched teeth.


Buffy winced. “William I was going to tell him, honest I was,” she pleaded.


“When? Once you felt the need to tell him?”


Buffy scowled. “That’s not fair William.”


“No, what’s not fair is that I let you do this to me again,” William hissed.


“Do what?” Buffy asked indignantly.


“I put myself out there Buffy and look what you did, you hid me like some dirty secret,” he snapped at her.


“William that is not true and you know it. The only reason I never said anything was because I wanted to make sure this was going to work,” Buffy snapped back.


William was fixing to lash back at her when he noticed Angel standing in the doorway.


“I better get going, I’ll call you later,” he said quickly and headed for the door.


Buffy ignored the expectant look on her brother’s face and followed after William. “Wait, you don’t have a car.”


William cursed under his breath and turned to Angel. “Do you mind taking me to my hotel on your way to the hospital?”


“No problem,” Angel agreed.


“I’m just gonna go put my things in the car then,” William said and headed out the door.


Buffy watched as William left and closed her eyes. How had things gone so wrong? Today had been perfect and just because of her not telling her family about him it had all gone to hell in a hand basket.


“Buffy?” Angel asked placing a hand on her shoulder.


Buffy blinked away her tears and turned around. “Yeah?” she replied in a falsely chipper voice.


“Are you going to be okay?” Angel asked, able to see through his sister’s brave bravado.


Buffy shook her head as her lip began to quiver. “No.”


Angel pulled Buffy in his arms and rubbed soothing circles on her back. He hated to see his sister like this. He knew Buffy and William were meant to be together it was just going to take a bit of time for them to see it too.


“Aunt Buffy why are you crying?” Connor asked in a tiny voice.


Buffy wiped her tears and bent down to the boy’s level. “I’m just happy about the new baby is all,” Buffy covered with a small smile. This apparently appeased the young boy as he smiled back.


Angel gave his sister a comforting squeeze to her shoulder. “Do you wanna come with us to visit Cordy?”


“Would you mind if I borrowed your car and came a bit later?” Buffy asked hoping Angel would understand.


Angel nodded in understanding. Calling up the stairs for his oldest son, he put on Conner’s coat.


“Cordy’s on the fifth floor room 516 when you decide to come up.”


Buffy gave him a grateful smile. “Thanks Ang.”


Stephen came barreling down the stairs saying a quick goodbye before he was out the door.


Angel shook his head and ushered Connor out the door. Just as he was about to close it behind him, he looked at his sister one last time.


“Everything will workout Buffy, you’ll see.”


Not feeling near as confidant as Angel, she sighed. “I hope you’re right Angel.”







A/N Okay I know there was a bit of angst at the end there, but I promise it won't last forever, there will be plenty of spuffy for their time in Boston, LOL!






Huge thanks to Suzee, Kimber, MidnightGirl, spuffette, amanda, kim, DaniD, Gotkona, cordykitten, Debbie, willowmouse, SarahandJamesFanatic, frederique, Briana, and Laura for the amazing reviews! I love y'all to bits, kuddos!