Author's Chapter Notes:
Well here y'all go! I will try to post as often as possible, but you know how it is when you are away from your own PC. Well enjoy!
Buffy had a pale look on her face as she sat at the bar in the kitchen talking to her sister-n-law about the wonderful world of childbirth.


“Okay so never having babies,” Buffy insisted after hearing Cordelia’s horror stories.


“Yes you will,” Cordelia insisted.


“Not after hearing you say how painful it is.”


“Buffy you forget all about the pain when you see that precious baby for the first time,” Cordelia replied looking down at Abigail lovingly.


Buffy gazed at the tiny baby that was nestled snugly in her mother’s arms. She looked like a little sleeping angel. “She does make me want one,” she confessed.


“See, now all you and Will have to do is quit acting like a bunch of idiots and have one,” Cordelia pointed out.


“I don’t think we’re quite ready to go there,” Buffy stated matter of factly. They had just gotten past the I love yous and she didn’t think it would be a good idea to start talking about babies just yet.


“But you do want kids right?”


“One day,” Buffy shrugged.


“Well Buffy you’re not getting any younger so I suggest you get on the ball.”


“Hey!” Buffy cried incredulously. “I’m only twenty-eight,” she pointed out as she scowled.


“I know but the longer you wait the harder it is,” Cordelia shrugged knowingly.


“You weren’t that much younger than I am now when you had Stephen,” Buffy pointed out.


“Yeah and then we waited three years to have Connor and now here I am at thirty starting all over again.”


“Is it really that hard?” Buffy asked wondering if she really had put off having children too long.


“Some days I wonder what the hell I was thinking,” Cordelia chuckled. “But I wouldn’t trade my life for the world.”


“Well if it makes you feel better you make it look easy.”


“That’s only because I have Angel to help me,” Cordelia replied with a big grin.


“I think if Will and I ever had kids he would be a great dad,” Buffy whispered conspiratorially.


“I’ve seen how he is with the boys and I think he would make a great father,” Cordelia agreed.


Just then the guys walked in the kitchen laughing at some inside joke. Angel walked over to his wife and kissed her cheek before placing a sweet kiss to his daughter’s head.


“The boys in bed?” Cordelia asked her husband.


“All tucked in waiting for mommy to come up and give them a kiss goodnight.”


Cordelia passed Abigail to her father. “Well let me go finish tucking them in real quick,” she said walking out of the kitchen.


“So what were you pea hens talking about?” Angel asked while making faces down at his now awake daughter.


“The usual, childbirth horror stories, that sort of thing,” Buffy shrugged.


William shuddered. “And you chits say men talk about gross stuff.”


“It’s not gross Will,” Buffy chuckled.


William sat down next to Buffy and pulled her into his lap. “Well I hope you two are done cause I for one do not want to hear about it, makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it.”


“Thank God it’s not you that has to have the baby otherwise we’d never have kids.” William looked at Buffy with wide eyes. Did she really want to have a baby?


Buffy realized what she had just said by the stunned look on William’s face. She hadn’t meant to say that out loud but her mouth moved before her brain had a chance to think it through.


“Buffy can I talk to you alone for a moment?” William asked once he finally found his voice.


Angel glanced between the two blonds and cleared his throat. “I’m just gonna go wait for Cordelia in the living room.” Once Angel was gone, Buffy looked at William and worried her bottom lip nervously.


“Do you want us to have a baby?” Willaim asked hesitantly.


“Not now, but someday,” she answered honestly.


William was absolutely stunned. He had always wanted to start a family with Buffy but after things had gone so wrong with them he assumed it would never happen, but now here she was telling him that she had considered having children with him.


William captured her lips in a tender kiss. “Buffy do you know how happy this makes me?”


Now it was Buffy’s turn to be surprised. “Will are you saying that you want a baby?”


“Well like you said, not now, but in the near future.”


“Like how near future?” Buffy asked starting to get a bit excited by the idea.


“I don’t know, I the next few years maybe?”


“Wow,” was all Buffy could manage.


William gazed adoringly up at the tiny blond that had captured his heart from practically the first moment he had laid eyes on her.


“Buffy I’ve always known that one day we would have children together so if you told me tomorrow that you wanted to have baby I wouldn’t even have to think twice,” he confessed honestly.


“I never knew you felt this way,” Buffy replied still stunned.


“Well I didn’t want to scare you,” he explained.


Buffy grinned. “Well what do you say that in the mean time we just enjoy practicing?”


William smirked. “I thought you’d never ask.”


************************************************************************


The two couples sat cuddled on the couch watching television when Buffy’s cell phone rang. Grabbing it off the end table, she looked at the caller ID and frowned. It was almost ten o’clock and everyone should have been gone by now.


“Hello?”


“Buffy it’s Lindsey.”


“Uh, Lindsey, hi,” she answered hesitantly.


William turned to Buffy with a look of pure rage on his face. What in the fuck was he doing calling her at nearly ten at night.


Buffy sent William an apologetic look. She knew he was beyond mad but if Lindsey was calling from the office it must be business. “So what’s up?”


“I just got off the phone with Mark Jacobs and we scheduled the Europe tour,” Lindsey informed her excitedly.


“Are you serious?” Buffy gasped. This was the break they had been waiting for. “When does the tour start?”


William stared at Buffy intently as he listened to her conversation.


“Well that’s the thing; we’d have to leave first thing next week so I need you back here tomorrow.”


Buffy felt her face fall. She was supposed to spend the next few days with William before heading home. “Oh,” she replied dejectedly.


“Buffy this is what we’ve always wanted. If I tell them no, I can’t guarantee a chance like this will come up again.”


Buffy knew that this tour was instrumental to her career but was she willing to put it before William? “How long?” she asked flatly


“Buffy listen, I know this is none of my business, but if whatever you have with Will is important it will be there when you get back,” he told her gently. He couldn’t stand back and let her make a mistake that could screw up everything she had worked so hard for.


“How long Lindsey?” she asked again a bit more desperately.


“Three months,” he informed her.


Buffy closed her eyes and sighed heavily. William had told her he loved her and that he would be there for her no matter what so if she agreed to this it was going to be the true test of how strong they really were.


“Okay,” she agreed sadly. She didn’t want to do this to William but she really didn’t have a choice.


“Alright, I’ll get things started tomorrow and I’ll see you first thing when you get back,” Lindsey said excitedly and hung up.


Buffy closed the phone and looked up to see three sets of eyes on her. Two looking at her expectantly and one set that looked as if his entire world had just been taken away from him.


“William, we need to talk.”


************************************************************************


William paced the front porch running his hands through his hair irritably. He had gotten the gist of Buffy’s conversation and he was none too pleased. She was leaving him again.


“Will can you please stop pacing,” she asked gently.


William stopped and turned to Buffy. “So when do you leave?” He asked tersely.


“I have to fly back to New York tomorrow and then we leave for Europe first thing next week.”


William slammed his fists on the porch railing. “Fuck!”


Buffy jumped at his surprise outburst. “Will please don’t be mad with me, I don’t have any other choice,” she pleaded desperately.


“How long will you be gone?” William asked mournfully unable to look at her.


Buffy felt tears roll down her cheeks. She knew this was going to kill him. “Three months.”


William snapped his eyes to hers. “What?! Three months!” he shouted.


Buffy got up and threw her arms around him. “William please don’t make this any harder,” she begged.


“Buffy I don’t know if I can stand being away from you like that,” he confessed in a tear tight voice. Just the idea of Buffy being away from him for one day was something he didn’t think he could handle after the few days they had spent together.


Buffy pulled back and looked him straight in the eyes. “Come with me,” she demanded. She knew it was crazy but she had to at least try.


“What?!” he asked incredulously. “Buffy I can’t just up and leave for three months to Bloody Europe,” William insisted.


“I know,” she groaned. “I just don’t know what else to do.” She wished things didn’t have to be so damn difficult.


William pulled Buffy close to him and sighed. He knew this was something she had to do and if he wanted to be with her he had to let her do this without putting up a fight.


“Go Buffy,” William said gently.


Buffy pulled back and looked up at him hurt and slightly confused. “What?”


“This is your dream Buffy. You have to do this or one day you’re gonna wake up and wonder what could’ve been, and I don’t want to be the reason for that.”


Buffy shook her head. “Will I would never-,” but he placed a finger to her lips to stop her.


“Buffy I love you, and I’ll be her waiting for you when you get back,” he replied honestly looking down at her with all the love he held in his heart for her.


Buffy let her tears fall down her cheeks unchecked. “William I can’t tell you what it means to me to hear you say that.”


He pulled Buffy into his arms and kissed the top of her head. “You don’t have to luv, I already know.”


William knew in his heart that this was the right thing to do but it was killing him to have to let her go. What was the old saying? If you let something go and it comes back to you it was truly yours all along? He had faith that Buffy would come back to him. He just had to or otherwise he didn’t think his heart would survive this time.




Huge thanks MidnightGirl, daisy, spikeshunny, Laura, Brunettepet, secretguest, cordykitten, Debbie, willowmouse, Kimber, Phantom reviewer ....., SarahandJamesFanatic, Nicki, Renee', DaniD, spufette, mer, and Briana for all teh lovely reviews, y'all are the absolute best!