Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chap for y'all. I want to wish everyone a safe and fun St. Patties day tomorrow, but just remeber if you plan on going out be responsible and have a DD! Now that I played the mom card, LOL, I will let y'all go on and read ;) Kuddos!
**Disclaimer in full effect**


William walked in the door of his father’s house and slipped quietly into his room before he could run into his father. Pulling a change of clothes out of his bag, he grabbed his toiletries and headed for the bathroom.


“Bloody hell!” He yelled, as his father seemed to materialize before him. “Give a bloke a sodding stroke why don’t you.”


“Well I didn’t hear you come in,” Giles apologized.


“I think I might look into some sort of cowbell to put around your neck when I visit so you can’t bloody sneak up on me all the time.”


Giles rolled his eyes. “Very funny William,” and then he furrowed his brow. “William did you change clothes?”


William looked down at his shirt and then up at his father. “Well better get that shower,” he said quickly and brushed past his father into the bathroom.


Giles looked at the shut door in confusion and the shrugged his shoulders. “Well I’m leaving to go over to Joyce’s so I will see you shortly,” he called through the door.


“Whatever.”


“Make sure you turn off all the lights and lock up behind you.”


“Da’ I’m not twelve, I know what to do before I leave the house,” he called back agitatedly.


“Sorry, old habits die hard,” Giles apologized half-heartedly. He waited for his son to make some snide remark but all he heard was the sound of the shower. Grabbing his keys and the bottle of wine he had picked out, he walked out the door.


************************************************************************



“Okay guys, I know this is supposed to be your day off but there is something I need to talk to you all about,” Buffy said to her fellow band members that were sitting with very expectant looks on their faces. They all knew this had to be big news if Buffy was having a meeting during their free time.


“Go for it Buffy,” Devon encouraged her.


Buffy took a steadying breath and went straight in for the kill. “After this tour I’m going to be taking some personal time off.”


Everyone in the room sat in silence as they let this new information sink in. “So what happens to Blue?” Devon asked wondering if he was still going to have a job.


“I don’t know,” Buffy replied in a small voice.


“How long are you taking off?” Oz asked calmly.


“Well that’s the thing, I’m not sure. I have some things in my personal life that I need to take care of first and then I can think about the band and touring.”


“So what do we do now?” Devon wondered out loud.


“You make this the best damn tour ever,” Lindsey spoke up.


Buffy gave him an appreciative smile. “That’s right. We go out there and we give our fans a tour they’ll never forget,” Buffy replied optimistically.


“So is that everything?” Oz asked.


“Yeah,” Buffy replied with a nod of her head. “You guys should get out and enjoy the rest of your afternoon.”

“Buffy I need to make a call; can you wait a minute so I can talk to you?” Lindsey asked.


“Sure,” Buffy agreed.


“I’m out,” Devon said and disappeared out the door.


Oz stood up and looked down at Willow “You ready?” he asked his wife.


Willow sat with a thoughtful look on her face. “I just thought of something.”


Buffy furrowed her brow. “What?”


“Well just because you’re on a break doesn’t mean you guys can’t work together,” she pointed out.


“Wills that is sort of the point of a break,” Oz pointed out gently.


Buffy gave her friends a sad smile. “I really am sorry about this guys but I need to do this,” she apologized.


“Don’t be sorry. You have to do what you have to do,” Oz assured her.


“I know but I feel bad about leaving you guys like this.”


“Well maybe in a few years after everything is settled you can come back,” Willow tried.


“I would like to think so,” Buffy replied with a soft smile.


“I still think you guys could work something out,” Willow insisted.


“How? I was planning to move back to California,” Buffy finally confessed.


“Well I heard this crazy rumor that they have these really big music companies out there,” Willow teased.


“Ha, ha,” Buffy replied dryly. “I know they do but you guys live in New York.”


“Well maybe it’s time for a change,” Willow shrugged and then was quick to say, “If you wanted to keep on with the music thing that is.”


Buffy thought this was almost too good to be true. If her band decided to go to L.A then she could be with William and have her career as well.


“You guy would do that?” She asked hopefully.


Willow looked to her husband for his reaction and when he gave her his nod of approval she looked back at Buffy. “Yeah, we would.”


Buffy let out an excited squeal and then realized something. “What about Devon?”


Oz actually let out a chuckle. “Are you kidding me? All you have to do is mention California girls and he’s there,” he pointed out knowingly.


Willow gave her husband a scathing look. “And what do you know about California girl’s mister?”


“Or so I’ve heard,” he quickly covered and gave Buffy a secret look that said they had nothing to worry about.


Buffy held back a giggle and nodded her head approvingly. “I think this could actually work, well if we can find a label out there.”


“What’s all the excitement?” Lindsey asked walking over to the small group.


“Blue is moving to California,” Willow blurted out excitedly.


“What?” Lindsey asked disbelievingly.


“Yeah, everyone seems keen on the idea of moving to the west coast,” Buffy explained.


“But what about labels” Lindsey felt the need to point out.


“Well that’s where you come in,” Buffy informed him.


“So you want me to find you a label in California?”


“That would fall under your job description,” she replied.


“Can I talk to you for a second in private Buffy?” Lindsey asked stepping to the side.


“Well I think we are gonna head out so we’ll talk to you later Buffy,” Willow said and gave her friend a hug. “It’ll all work out if it’s meant to be,” she assured her and then left with Oz.



“Okay the floor is yours,” Buffy sighed knowing that whatever Lindsey had to say was going to be very drawn out and long winded.


Lindsey ran his hands through his hair and paced the floor. “We’ve been together a long time,” he started, getting his thoughts together.


“Worked together,” Buffy clarified.


Lindsey looked up at her with wounded eyes but quickly pushed his feelings away. “Right. Well there’s no doubt that I can make the right calls and get you a label now.”


“But,” Buffy asked knowing there was some sort of catch.


“No buts Buffy. If you want me to find you a label I will. I want what’s best for you and if that means giving you up completely then so be it.”


“What do you mean completely?” Buffy asked hesitantly.


Lindsey stopped his pacing and raked his hand through his hair. “Buffy I know we aren’t together anymore and I’ve accepted that, really I have. But I still had you in my life through work,” he confessed honestly.


“Lindsey,” Buffy tried but he put up a hand to stop her.


“Don’t. I know it was stupid of me to try and keep a part of you, but what was I supposed to do Buffy. I can’t just wake up one day and decide I don’t love you anymore. I don’t work that way.”


Buffy sighed. “It wasn’t stupid Lindsey. We were together for a long time so I don’t expect you to just stop feeling the way you do, but you have to let it go now,” Buffy insisted gently.


“Well this would be the final step to letting you go,” Lindsey said in a sad voice.


“Then I think this is best for both of us,” she pointed out offering him a warm smile.


Lindsey nodded his head. “I’ll make some calls and let you know what I come up with.”


Buffy gave his hand a grateful squeeze and smiled. “Thank you Lindsey.”


“Hey it’s my job right,” he joked lightly trying to mask the hurt he was feeling at finally loosing all of the girl that had captured his heart.


“Knew I was paying you for something,” she joked and left the room to do a bit of sight seeing herself.


Lindsey pulled out his cell phone and dialed one of his connections. “Hey Paul, I have a band I’m going to be sending your way.”


************************************************************************


William rubbed at his full stomach and sighed. “Joyce that was bloody fantastic,” he complimented her on the meal they had just eaten.


“Why thank you William.”


“Indeed Joyce, that was a lovely meal,” Giles thanked her with an affectionate smile.


William noticed the exchange between his once mother-n-law and father and grinned. “Well I’m gonna step outside to have a smoke,” he said excusing himself and giving the other two adults time alone.


“That really is a disgusting habit William,” Giles scolded and stood to help start clearing the table.

William ignored his father’s comment and stepped out into the cool night air enjoying the way it caressed his face. He had to admit he missed the life he had when he lived in the small town of Sunnydale. Everything had been so easy back then. He and Buffy had everything planned out and thought nothing could come between them, but oh how wrong they had been.


“William?” Joyce asked from the doorway cautiously seeing he was in deep thought.


“Yeah?”


“I have desert if you’d like some,” Joyce offered.


“Sure.”


Joyce stepped out onto the porch next to William. “You were thinking about Buffy weren’t you,” she asked knowing.


“Yeah, was thinking about when we still lived here in good ol’ Sunny-D.”


“You know it wouldn’t be the same if you two moved back,” she pointed out gently.


“I know,” he agreed softly.


“So why did you fix up the house then?” Joyce asked curiously.


William gave her a sheepish grin. “Did it for Buffy. She always loved that house. As a matter of fact, when we went to settle for our divorce she put up this huge fight over me tryin’ to sell it.”


“I remember her telling me about that. She had said you were just willing to throw it away as if it meant nothing to you,” Joyce replied.


“I should have known that it was wrong to try and sell her house.”


“William it wasn’t because she thought it was her house that she wanted to keep it, it was because it was yours together that made it so special.”


“Oh believe me, I know this now,” William replied remembering that day at the law firm. “Did Buffy ever tell you how she got me not to sell the house?”


Joyce shook her head. “No, all she said was that you simply gave in.”


William let out a laugh. “Well that’s one way of puttin’ it.”


“What happened?” she asked now fully intrigued.


“Well Buffy and I went back and forth for what felt like hours. Finally our attorneys had to take a time out and left us to ourselves. Well while they were gone our shouting match turned into a full face off and I almost kissed her.”


“Well that was one way to do things,” Joyce teased.


“You know I was never one to think things through properly,” he shrugged.


Joyce laughed at that and then let a serious look cross her face. “Well look how it all worked out. You and Buffy are working at a relationship so I think it’s fair to say it was for the best,” she replied optimistically.


William smiled. “You’re right. I know it seemed like a bad decision in the beginning but it all really did work out for the best.”


“Let’s go and get us some of that desert I mentioned,” Joyce suggested pulling him in the house.


“Sure,” William agreed and then smirked down at Joyce. “Besides my da’ is probably in there wonderin’ if I’m tryin’ to snake on his girl,” he teased.


Joyce blushed slightly and grinned. “I think it’s pretty safe to say he has nothing to worry about.”






Huge thanks to Spikeshunny, SarahandJamesFanatic, Renee', daisy, ChrissNicole, sarah g, MidnightGirl, DaniD, Debbie, cordykitten, willowmouse, Opal, Laura, PhotographyNut, vitalis, gotkona, slayercaro, Nicki, spufette, Brunettepet, Phantom reviewer ...., and last but not least secretguest for all the amazing reviews y'all have been leavin' me. I love y'all to bits! Kuddos!