Author's Chapter Notes:
Well since y'all were so sweet to leave me all those lovely reviews I decided to stay up a bit late to post this next chap. It's not as long as the other's but here it is all the same. Kuddos!
** Disclaimer in full effect **




Lindsey knocked on Buffy’s door and then looked down at his watch. He had been trying to get a hold of her all day and nothing. More than likely she was off somewhere with William but he had been faxed a contract for her to look over from the label that was interested in Los Angeles and he really wanted to talk with Buffy so he could fax them back before quitting time.


After waiting another five minutes, Lindsey gave up and was about to slip the envelope under the door when he heard fumbling down the hall. When he looked up he saw Buffy and William groping at one another like it was their last night on earth. Yes he knew there was no hope for him and Buffy, but damn if seeing his ex with the man he could never compare to didn’t sting a bit.


“Well, I guess this is why you never returned any of my calls,” he commented slightly bitter.


Buffy heard Lindsey’s voice and managed to bring herself back to her surroundings and looked over at him with surprised eyes. Well this moment couldn’t get any more awkward now could it.


William narrowed his eyes at Lindsey and placed Buffy back on her feet. “I’m not sure what it is you’re doing outside of my girlfriend’s room but I think it’s time for you to be on your way,” he warned.


“I was just dropping off some paperwork,” Lindsey explained coolly.


“Well isn’t that just convenient,” William scoffed.


“Will I can handle this,” Buffy spoke up with a gentle hand on his chest.


William pulled Buffy out of earshot and scowled down at her. “Listen Buffy, I’ve held my tongue about you working with that git but I’m not gonna sit back while he makes lame ass excuses to move in on my girl,” he insisted.


Buffy smiled adoringly up at him and cupped his cheek. “William I’m yours and there isn’t anything Lindsey or any other guy for that matter can do to change that,” she assured him.


William looked deep in Buffy’s eyes to see if he could see she meant what she was saying and found nothing but love staring back at him. With a heavy sigh he nodded. “Fine. Find out what this is all about and then send him on his way,” he agreed reluctantly.


Buffy placed a tender kiss to William’s full lips and smiled up at him brightly. “Thank you William.”


William looked at Buffy and then over to Lindsey who was just staring at them intently. “Yeah well I think we’re even now for tonight,” he groused.


Buffy let out a chuckle and shook her head. “Fine we’re even,” she agreed as she took his hand in hers and walked back over to Lindsey. William plastered a smug look on his face as he eyed Lindsey letting him know exactly who Buffy was with now.


Lindsey pushed back the urge to knock the arrogant look off William’s face and turned his attention to Buffy. “I talked to Paul and he said everything was good to go,” he relayed to her flatly.


“Okay great, I’ll just have a look at those papers and get back to you tomorrow,” she said quickly hoping Lindsey wouldn’t say anything else.



“Well I kinda need you to do this now Buffy,” Lindsey pushed.


“Listen mate, she said she would do it in the morning so bugger off,” William hissed having had enough of the wanker for one evening.


“Why don’t you just stay out of this alright,” Lindsey challenged.


William saw red flash before his eyes as pure unadulterated rage filled him. “I don’t know who the fuck you think you are but I’m about to put you in your place,” he growled as he shoved Lindsey up against the wall, pressing his forearm across his throat with just enough pressure to let him know he was done playing games.


“Listen man you got about two seconds to get off me,” Lindsey warned in a strangled voice.


Buffy grabbed William in an attempt to get him off of Lindsey. “William stop!” She couldn’t believe this was actually happening.



William released Lindsey and looked at him with utter contempt. “You stay away from Buffy do you here me?” he warned maliciously.


“Listen man, we work together so I think that might be kinda hard,” he replied cockily as he rubbed at his throat.


William stepped over to the man he wanted nothing more than to beat the shit out of and leveled him with a sadistic glare. “Well not if I have any say in it.”


Lindsey didn’t back down and returned William’s glare. “Well it’s really not up to you now is it,” he challenged.


Buffy couldn’t take this male pissing contest anymore. “Enough already,” she hissed through clinched teeth. William and Lindsey continued to stare one another down in a battle of wills.


“Lindsey go,” Buffy stated adamantly.


William let a smug grin cross his face as he backed away and went to Buffy slipping a protective arm around her waist. “Well mate you heard the lady,” he said cockily.


Buffy had to suppress an eye roll at William’s obvious satisfaction of being the alpha male in this situation. Men could be such cavemen sometimes.


Lindsey looked at Buffy with pure agitation. “Buffy this is really important if you want this LA thing to happen,” he informed her.


William looked down at Buffy with a confused look on his face. “What?”


Buffy wanted nothing more than to kick Lindsey in the teeth. She had wanted to wait and tell William about this once they were alone and she knew for a fact this was all going to work out but now Lindsey had screwed that up.


“Will we’ll talk about this later,” she insisted pleading with her eyes to not make a big deal out of this.


William hated that Buffy was hiding things from him. They were supposed to be in a relationship and you didn’t keep things from the one you loved. “Buffy,” he pushed wanting to know what the hell was going on.


“Will I swear I’ll explain things once we’re alone,” Buffy tried, emphasizing on the alone part.


William didn’t like this one bit but nodded tersely in agreement. When he looked up he noticed the smug look on Lindsey’s face and had to use every bit of self control he had not to just say the hell with it all and knock the shit out of him.


Buffy let out a sigh of relief and then turned to Lindsey with a look of pure anger. Oh she was so going to rip him a new one at tomorrow’s meeting. “Just give me the damn papers and go Lindsey,” she hissed at him.


Lindsey handed her the envelope. “I need these back in the next hour,” he informed her flatly.


“Whatever,” she replied and turned away from him to take William’s hand in hers. “Come on Will, let’s go in.”


William accepted Buffy’s hand and opened the door to her suite. Once Buffy was inside he turned to Lindsey with a deadly glare. “I mean it, you stay the fuck away from her or I swear when they find you no one, not even your own mother, will be able to recognize you,” he warned and shut the door behind him leaving a very pissed off Lindsey on the other side.


Buffy paced the room wondering how she was going to explain this without giving everything away. She had planned this whole thing out perfectly. She would have William all alone and they would have a romantic dinner in her suite then they would make love all night ending with her telling him that she loved him more than life itself and was moving to LA so she could be with him everyday for the rest of their lives, but now none of that was going to happen.


William walked into the small sitting area and stopped Buffy from her pacing. “Alright, tell me what it is you’ve been hiding from me?”


Buffy sighed. “Will I’m not hiding anything from you,” she assured him.


“Then what was Lindsey talking about?”


“Well it’s just some business stuff I asked him to look into,” she replied vaguely.


“Business in LA?” William asked cautiously. He didn’t want to get his hopes up too much before Buffy had explained everything.


“Maybe,” Buffy replied with a grin.


“Buffy,” William warned.


“This was supposed to be a surprise,” she pouted.


“What kind of surprise?” William asked getting a bit excited.


Buffy shook her head. “Not telling. You’ll just have to wait and see,” she insisted playfully.


William let a mischievous grin light up his face. “Well I bet I could persuade you to tell me,” he purred suggestively.


“Well we’ll just have to see about that,” Buffy taunted saucily.


William let out a low growl and scooped her off her feet and over his shoulder before she could blink. Stalking towards the bedroom, he swatted her bottom playfully and chuckled deviously. “Oh you have no idea what you’ve just done.”



A/N : Oh you knew it was going to be Lindsey trying to screw everything up, LOL! But have no fear 'cause our favorite couple won't let him bring them down.... HINT HINT!!!!!!!






Huge thanks to Mali, MidnightGirl, spikeshunny, jeanie, DaniD, PhotographyNut, Laura, cordykitten, vitalis, Suzee, secretguest, slayercaro, Briana, SarahandJamesFanatic, and willowmouse for the wonderful reviews; y'all are way too good to me! Smooches!