Author's Chapter Notes:
Well only a few more chaps after this one :( . I know, I know, it sucks huh, but we get to see how everything works out with our favorite couple ;) . I hope y'all enjoy, kuddos!
** Disclaimer in full effect **


Buffy heard the sound of the alarm on her cell phone go off and quickly grabbed it from the nightstand. Looking at the time she groaned and turned it off. She was currently cocooned in the warmth of William’s arms and the idea of getting up to go to sound check was more than unappealing. Knowing she couldn’t be late, she slipped out of bed and carefully made her way to the bathroom to grab a quick shower.


As the warm water washed over her body her mind flitted back to the night before. She and William had made love all night long and only stopped when both of their bodies had absolutely refused to move. With a goofy grin, she finished up her morning routine and pulled on some clothes. The sooner she got this done and over with the sooner she could return to the man she was most definitely head over heals in love with.


With a short note saying where she was, she kissed William tenderly on his still kiss swollen lips, and tiptoed out the door.



************************************************************************



William rolled over on his side and reached out only to find the other side of the bed cold and empty. Bringing himself to consciousness, he furrowed his brow and looked around the dimly lit room to see if maybe Buffy was somewhere else in the suite. When he heard no other signs of life, he sat up and rubbed at his sleepy eyes. He was just about to get up and find his phone when he noticed the note that was on the pillow next to his.


William,

Sorry I didn’t wake you before I left but you just looked so cute (yes, I said cute!) all snuggled up in the covers that I couldn’t bring myself to disturb you. I’ll be at the concert hall for sound check until around noon but I’ll call you later. I miss you already, love you!

XOXO,
Buffy



William grinned, setting the note on the nightstand. Slinging his legs over the edge of the bed, he stretched his muscles and headed for the bathroom to start his day.





************************************************************************



Buffy looked at the clock on her cell phone and swore under her breath. She hadn’t take into account the London traffic this morning so she was seriously running behind. Tossing her bag and jacket in the corner, she joined the rest of her band and crew to hear what Lindsey had to say.


Lindsey looked over at Buffy with an expressionless face. “You’re late,” he pointed out flatly.


“Sorry I got caught up in traffic,” she excused.


“I bet you did,” Lindsey commented under his breath as he continued to go over the day’s schedule.


Buffy let her mouth fall open and then promptly shut it when she noticed everyone pretending not to look at her. Oh no, she was not going to stand for this at all. “Lindsey can I talk to you?” she demanded and walked off to the far side of the stage.


“Buffy I don’t have time for this right now. You’ve already put us behind for the day,” he replied flippantly not even bothering to turn around.


“Well this can’t wait,” she hissed and glared at his backside. Oh she was beyond pissed right now and she was so going to let him have it.


Lindsey let out an exasperated sigh and looked up at everyone. “Y’all go ahead and get set up,” he instructed and went over to talk to a seething Buffy.


Buffy paced back and forth clinching her tiny fists at her side. How dare Lindsey talk to her like that, and in front of her crew and band mates no less. When he finally approached, she stopped her pacing and looked at him with deadly eyes.


“What the fuck was that Lindsey?!”


“What?”


Buffy snorted. “Oh I don’t know, maybe the snide comment you made. It was completely uncalled for and you know it,” she stated matter of factly.



“I thought you said this was important?”


Buffy narrowed her eyes and lowered her voice to make sure no one would overhear them. “Listen, I know you’re still pissed about last night but that doesn’t give you the right to treat me like shit. So if you can’t be professional about this then I suggest you get the next flight back to New York.”


“I’m not the one being unprofessional here darlin’. This is your fucking job, not some vacation Buffy. You knew exactly what time you had to be here so don’t give me some line about how you got stuck in traffic ‘cause we both know it’s bullshit. ” he hissed back at her.


“You know what Lindsey, I could care less if you believe me or not ‘cause really it’s none of your damn business what I do anymore, and you know why? BECAUSE WE AREN’T TOGETHER ANYMORE!” she screamed at him.

Lindsey could feel what little bit of control he had slipping away. Buffy had no fucking clue why he was so damn mad and that just seemed to piss him off even more. Sure it bugged him to no end that he knew for a fact what she and William were doing last night, but the real reason he was so damn mad was because she hadn’t even bothered to take the time to look at the contract he had went to great lengths to get for her.


“You know what Buffy you’re right, we aren’t together anymore and I have no say in what you do, but when it comes to business, I’m still your manager. I not gonna sit back and watch you throw away an opportunity, one that I went out of my way to get you might I add, of keeping your career afloat,” he barked at her defensively.


“This is not about work and you know it,” she accused angrily.


“Buffy who you fuck now isn’t my concern, but it’s kinda hard not to notice when it’s thrown in my face.”


“Well maybe if you weren’t skulking outside my room that wouldn’t have happened,” she yelled at him.


“Do you honestly think I want to know about yours and William sexscapades?” he yelled back.


Buffy realized that everyone was now staring at them and felt her cheeks burn with embarrassment. Lowering her voice back to a whisper, she glared at him. “Listen, what I do on my own time is my business.”


Lindsey lowered his voice as well and returned Buffy’s glare. “Fine whatever, but I went out on a limb for you Buffy and you couldn’t even bother to open the damn envelope.”


“How do you know I never opened it?” she asked irritably.


Lindsey held out the envelope for Buffy to see. “Because it was taped to your door still sealed and with this lovely little message,” he commented snidely as he pointed down at William’s note.


Buffy snatched the envelope out of Lindsey’s hands and read the note that was in William’s handwriting. Buffy’s a bit ‘tied’ up now, so fuck off. Looking up at Lindsey with wide eyes and cheeks tinted a very unbecoming shade of red. There were no words to explain how completely mortified she was right now.


“I have to go,” Buffy said quickly taking off in the direction of the door.


“Buffy get back here! We have a concert tonight,” Lindsey yelled after her.


Buffy ignored Lindsey and grabbed her things avoiding eye contact with everyone in the room. There was no doubt they heard every word she and Lindsey had said and she was way too embarrassed to face any of them right now.


“Buffy what about rehearsal?” Devon called to her before she could go out the door.


“I’ll be back in a bit,” she called over her shoulder.


“Buffy stop!” Lindsey yelled and ran after her out the door.


Buffy whipped around and glared at him. “Lindsey how can you expect me to stay after you humiliated me in front of everyone?” she hissed at him.


“Listen I don’t have time for you to act like a spoiled ass brat Buffy. If you leave now we’ll have to cancel the show tonight and then you can definitely kiss your chances of a label in LA goodbye,” he informed her heatedly.


Buffy knew they couldn’t afford anymore wasted time and sighed. “Fine,” she agreed reluctantly.



“Good, now get your ass in there and do your job while I call Mark and try to convince him to not change his mind,” Lindsey sighed in frustration.


“Thank you,” she grumbled. She hated the fact that really all of this mess was her fault. If she had just taken the few minutes it would have taken to look over the contract and sign it none of this would be happening.


“Yeah well don’t thank me just yet, I still have to talk to Mark,” Lindsey replied matter of factly starting to let some of his anger go.


Buffy just gave him a quick nod and headed back in to the concert hall to face the very expectant faces that were probably wondering what the hell was going on.


“Buffy you might want to actually sign it this time.”


Buffy grabbed the contract from Lindsey, flipped to the last page and scrawled her name handing it back to him.


“Aren’t you even going to read it? You could have just signed your life away and you wouldn’t even know it,” Lindsey questioned.


Buffy shrugged. “I know you would never do me wrong when it comes to business Lindsey,” she confessed honestly.


Lindsey was surprised to say the least. “Right, well I better go make that call,” he replied in a slightly stunned voice.


“Just let me know what the deal is,” Buffy turned to walk away.


“Hey Buffy?” Lindsey called to her.


“Yeah?”


Lindsey shoved his hands in his pockets. “I’m sorry about how I handled things this morning, but I was just…...” he trailed off hoping Buffy would understand his feelings without actually having to say it.


“I know Lindsey,” Buffy assured him. “Let’s just forget it happened alright.”


“Seriously?” Lindsey asked stunned. He figured he would have to deal with a pissed off William before the day was out.


Buffy sighed. “There’s no point in dragging this out. Tonight is our last concert so let’s not bring it down with something stupid.”


“You’re right,” Lindsey agreed. “So you aren’t going to tell Will about our fight?” Lindsey asked just to know if he needed to be on his guard or not.


Buffy gave him a knowing look. “Have you forgotten the way he reacted with you just being outside my door?”


“Point taken.”


“Well let me get this underway before we waste the rest of the day,” Buffy sighed and went back to the crew.


Lindsey watched as Buffy walked away. It sucked that things had gone down the way they had but it was exactly what he had expected. Pulling out his cell phone, he called Mark and used the ol’ McDonald charm to set the deal. Oh yeah, he still had it.



************************************************************************



Buffy had managed to avoid the awkward subject of her and Lindsey and gotten straight to work. It was now going on two o’clock and they were finally getting back on track. Just when they were about to call lunch her phone started ringing. Looking at the caller ID, she gave the call for lunch and answered her phone.


“Hello?” she answered in a slightly irritated voice.


“Baby what’s wrong?” William asked concerned.

Buffy reminded herself she wasn’t going to mention to Will about her argument with Lindsey and sighed. “Nothing, I’m just tired is all,” she covered.


“Are you sure? You sound irritated about something,” he pushed.


Buffy sat down on the edge of the stage. “Will why did you decide to leave that envelope Lindsey brought to me on the door?” she asked in a calm voice.


“So I take it Lindsey showed you huh?” he asked guiltily.


“Oh yeah.”


“Buffy I know I shouldn’t have messed with your business stuff but I wanted to make sure we weren’t interrupted,” he explained desperately.


“No William you shouldn’t have,” she agreed. “Your little jealous stunt could have cost me big time Will.”


“Buffy I’m sorry, I had no idea baby. You know I would never do anything to jeopardize your career,” he confessed honestly.


Buffy knew there was no point in getting mad with William since everything worked itself out but she wanted him to know she didn’t like what he had done. “I know you wouldn’t William, but promise me from now on you won’t take it upon yourself to take care of things.”


“I swear Buffy, it won’t happen again.”


“Thank you.”


“So you still love me?” William asked in a pouty voice.


Buffy waited just long enough to make him squirm before reassuring him. “Yes Will, I still love you.”


“Buffy I really am sorry,” William apologized again.


“Well you can make it up to me later,” Buffy teased suggestively.


“Well I think that can be arranged,” he purred back to her.


Buffy felt her insides turn to mush and let a shiver run down her spine. “Okay none of that mister, I still have work to do,” she scolded.


William chuckled. “Yes ma’am.”


“Well I better let you go so I can grab something quick to eat before everyone gets back.”


“Will I see you before tonight?” he asked hopefully.


Buffy looked at the clock on the wall and sighed. “Afraid not. How many tickets do I need to leave at the box office for your family?”


“Just enough for me and the girls.”


“Well you’ll be backstage so you won’t need a ticket just a pass.”


“You want me backstage?” William asked a bit surprised.


Buffy grinned. “Of course, the boyfriend of the star always waits backstage.”


“Well that’s where you’ll find me then,” William replied with a goofy grin.


“Alright, well I gotta go but I’ll see you tonight Will, love you.”


“Love you too pet, so much,” William gushed.


“Alright bye,” Buffy said giddily and hung up. Feeling the pre show jitters go into flight, she jumped up and went to get things ready for the night that would change things forever.




Huge thanks to spikeshunny, Laura, slayercaro, daisy,Debbie, Mali, Opal, Brunettepet, gotkona, cordykitten, MidnightGirl, PhotographyNut, secretguest, Nicki, vitalis, Scooter, DaniD, Renee', and SarahandJamesFanatic for the amazing reviews. I'm seriously gonna miss them when this all over with. I know, I'm such a review junkie, LOL! Smooches!