Author's Chapter Notes:
Well here you go so go on and read and let me know what you think. kuddos!
** Disclaimer in full effect **



“So are you ready for the big night?” Willow asked from the makeup chair next to Buffy.


Buffy looked at her through the mirror and smiled warily. “I think so, but I’m kinda nervous,” she admitted.


Willow gave her a comforting smile and squeezed her hand. “You’ll be great out there, besides it’s not like you haven’t done this hundreds of times.”


“Well the concert thing yeah, but letting Will know I want to move to LA to be with him is another story.”


“From what you’ve told me Buffy I think he’s going to be ecstatic,” Willow assured her with a giddy smile.


“What do you think Amy?” Buffy asked her makeup/hair artist.


“I think Willow’s right. Will is gonna be completely stoked about you moving to be with him,” Amy agreed.


“I know but I just want this to be perfect you know.”


Willow grinned. “Well writing a song to him is pretty damn romantic if you ask me,” she teased.


“Hey you swore you wouldn’t tease me about that,” Buffy pouted.


Willow let out a full laugh. “Oh come on, you know I couldn’t resist.”


“See if I tell you anything anymore,” Buffy sulked as she crossed her arms over her chest.


“Stop; you’re gonna give yourself wrinkles,” Amy scolded Buffy as she pointed a finger at her in the mirror.


Buffy quickly relaxed her face and looked over at Willow with an amused look. “Yes because premature wrinkles are definitely something I should worry about right now.”


“Hey you joke now but you’ll be thanking me ten years down the road missy,” Amy stated matter of factly.


Buffy and Willow fell into a fit of giggles. “Oh Amy what am I going to do without you,” Buffy sighed and then let a sad look cross her face as it started to dawn on her that she was really going to leave New York and all her friends behind.


Amy felt her eyes begin to mist over and shook her head. “Don’t you start. I just did your makeup and I won’t go having you wreck your face from crying,” she scolded in a tear tight voice.


Unable to hold back her emotions, Buffy got up from her chair and pulled Amy in a tight hug. “Oh Amy I love you,” she gushed as tears rolled down her cheeks.


“I told you not to do that,” Amy whined as her own tears took over when she returned Buffy’s hug.


“Oh I have to join in,” Willow sighed and wrapped her arms around two of her best friends, letting her own tears fall. All three girls were so caught up in their moment they never noticed the soft knock on the door or the slightly confused person standing awkwardly in the doorway.


“Uh, I don’t mean to interrupt here but I was wondering if maybe I could wish my girl good luck before the show?” William asked as he walked in the room and held out the dozen red roses he had for her.


Buffy pulled herself out of her friends’ arms. “Will,” she greeted with a million dollar smile. Taking the flowers from him she brought them to her nose. “These are amazing,” she gushed, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him down for a sweet kiss.


William returned Buffy’s kiss pulling her into her arms. When he pulled back and rested his forehead against hers he noticed the tear tracks on her cheeks and frowned. “Luv why were you crying?” he asked concerned as he wiped at her cheeks with the pad of his thumb.


“We always cry before a show, you know, a girl thing,” Willow covered.


William looked down at Buffy and gave her a look that said ‘not even gonna ask.’ “Okay…..”


“So are you going to introduce us?” Amy asked knowing full well who the gorgeous man was at Buffy’s side.


Buffy disentangled herself from William’s arms and turned to introduce him to her friends. “Oh I’m sorry. Will this is one of my best friends and hair and makeup girl, Amy.”


“So you’re the one responsible for making my girl look even more gorgeous than normal,” William commented with a gorgeous smile. “Nice to meet you,”


“That would be me,” Amy chirped and smiled back. She could definitely see what Buffy saw in this guy. He could charm the pants off of just about anyone. “Oh and you’re even better looking in person,” she teased with a wink.


“Amy!” Buffy admonished with a pointed look.


“Well Buffy she’s not wrong,” Willow commented with a giggle. “Hi, I’m the other best friend, Willow,” she said with a little wave.


William pushed back his embarrassment and shook his head knowingly. “So I take it you girls saw my pictures in the magazines.


“Oh yeah,” Amy murmured suggestively under her breath earning a nudge in the side from Willow.


“Well I think we’ll just leave you two alone,” Willow said a bit too hastily and pulled Amy along with her out the door.


“Nice to meet you,” William chuckled as the door shut behind them.


“Sorry about that,” Buffy apologized.


“What, that your friends have the hots for me? No worries, I get that all the time now,” William replied casually with a shrug.


“Well it’s good to see you haven’t let the media attention go to your head or anything,” Buffy commented dryly as she swatted at his chest.


William pulled Buffy into his arms and kissed her forehead. “Now sweetheart would I ever let that happen,” he quipped.


Buffy snuggled against William’s chest and sighed. “I’m glad you’re here.”


“No where I would rather be luv,” William replied adoringly.


Buffy looked up at him with big eyes and placed a chaste kiss to his lips. “So are your sister and them here yet?”


William nodded. “Met them outside just before I came on back and they told me to tell you good luck with the show tonight.”


“That was sweet of them.”


“So are you nervous?” William asked.


“Yeah, you could say that,” Buffy replied with a nervous laugh.


“Well you’ll do great luv, no worries,” William assured her and kissed her firmly on the lips.


Buffy let all her nerves wash away and deepened the kiss. When William parted his lips, she let her tongue mingle against his and reveled in the warm sensations it caused in the pit of her stomach. Just when things were starting to get a bit carried away, there was a soft knock at the door.


“Buffy can I…oh I didn’t realize you had company,” Lindsey said as he averted his eyes from the kissing couple.


“Lindsey hey, I was just about to come out and see if it was show time,” she said hesitantly already sensing William’s unease with the situation.


William kept a possessive arm around Buffy’s waist never taking his eyes off of Lindsey. He knew he had to keep his temper in check tonight so he was doing everything in his power to keep the urge to say something to Lindsey for barging in on them to himself.


“Take your time, you have about ten minutes before I need you out with the band,” Lindsey replied and shut the door behind him.


Buffy turned to William and smiled up at him. “Thank you.”


William furrowed his brow. “For what?” he asked quizzically.


“For not saying anything to Lindsey.” When William went to respond she placed a finger over his lips. “I know how hard it is for you to deal with me working with him considering our history but you’ve been nothing but supportive, so I just wanted to say thank you for sticking with me even though it wasn’t always easy.”


William gazed down at Buffy and could truly see how much she had grown in just the short time they had been back together. “Buffy you’re right, it is hard for me knowing that Lindsey’s the one who gets to see you day in and day out but I keep telling myself that it won’t be forever and I’ll wait for the day when it’s just me and you, the way its meant to be,” he confessed honestly

At that very moment Buffy knew that her decision to move to LA was the best thing she had ever done. Looking up at him with a watery smile, she kissed him tenderly and murmured against his lips. “You couldn’t have said anything more perfect right now.”


“Well it’s the truth,” he whispered softly as he held Buffy to him.


Buffy snuggled in William’s arms and smiled to herself knowingly because at the end of the night it was finally going to be just the two of them, the way it was meant to be.



************************************************************************



William stood on the side lines of the stage and watched Buffy in complete awe. She was completely in her element out there giving the fans what they wanted and he knew that all the shit they had gone through wasn’t completely in vain. Buffy had found her dream and made it a reality and that was something he had always wanted for the woman he loved.


Looking over the crowd he spotted his mother, sister, and Kennedy enjoying the show. Kennedy was bouncing around wildly to the beat while his sister just laughed and be-bopped right along with her, but it was his mother’s response that had him most intrigued. She had a huge smile on her face and looked as if she was waiting for something very exciting to happen at any moment. Chalking it up to just enjoying Buffy’s performance he returned his attention back to his golden girl who was now in center stage setting up behind a piano.



Lindsey saw William watching Buffy with the same look of unconditional love he had held for her all those years and sighed. Buffy was going to be completely taken from his life after tonight and he wanted to make sure that if somewhere down the road their lives ever happened to cross again that there would be no ill feelings, and that meant he needed to clear things up with the man that would always and forever have Buffy’s heart.



Buffy looked over to the side of the stage where William was watching her with a huge smile on his face and felt her stomach do flip flops. She had everything all worked out and the band had worked all afternoon getting this song right. So now, all she had to do was put everything she had into this moment and show William once and for all that she was ready to come back home.




Much luv to gotkona, slayercaro, Laura, MidnightGirl, daisy, Nicki, Mali, spufette, cordykitten, Saya, PhotographyNut, vitalis, secretguest, DaniD, buffster1985, willowmouse, SarahandJamesFanatic, and Opal for the amazing reviews y'all continue to leave!