Author's Chapter Notes:
*Sits back and tries to act cool but fails miserably and jumps from chair to do the happy snoopy dance* HOLY CRAP!!!! I BROKE 900 REVIEWS!!!!!! okay now that I have completely spaz'd, LOL! Seriously guys, totally blown away here. I never would have thought this fic would have gotten this much attention but as always y'all have proved me wrong. Well only one more to go! kuddos!
** Disclaimer in full effect **


“You’re one lucky guy Will,” Lindsey commented as he came to stand next to William.


William kept his cool and never took his eyes off Buffy. “Luck had nothing to do with it,” he replied tersely.


“No I guess not,” Lindsey replied knowingly.


“Is there something you wanted to say to me?” William asked glancing at the man next to him from the corner of his eye warily.


Lindsey shoved his hands in his pockets. “Will I know you don’t like me; hell if I was you, I probably wouldn’t like me either,” he chuckled mirthlessly.


William turned to Lindsey and looked at him as if he had grown a third head. “Don’t like you? Lindsey you were sleeping with my fucking wife for five years. I don’t think dislike even begins to explain my feeling towards you. The only thing keeping me from not knocking your head off right now is the fact that tonight is about Buffy and I’m not about to ruin it on some pathetic sod who can’t get over a woman who has nor ever will love him.”


Lindsey just stood there unable to say anything because everything that William had said was true. He did still love Buffy, hell maybe he always would, but he knew she was gone to him. As a matter of fact, she was about to tell over ten thousand people just exactly who she belonged to.


************************************************************************


Buffy sat on her piano bench taking a deep breath before she looked over to where William was standing and felt her stomach drop. Lindsey was standing next to him and from their body language alone she could tell they had exchanged words. Sending out a prayer that they didn’t kill one another before she could get off stage, she turned and addressed her audience.


“First off I want to say what an amazing time I’ve had with you all tonight.” The crowd went wild and Buffy beamed back at them. “Well I have a bit of an announcement to make tonight and I wanted you to all hear it from me personally.”


Lindsey closed his eyes and listened as Buffy gave her announcement. It was killing him on the inside to really let her go but he knew it was the only choice he had. She loved William and he would never have any place in her life as anything more than an old friend.



“Tonight will be my last concert for a good while. I have truly enjoyed my time with all of my fans but there is something, well more like someone that I need in my life right now.”


William just stared at Buffy with wide eyes. What in the hell was she talking about? Was this the secret she had been keeping from him? He was completely thrown at the moment and just stood there waiting for some sort of explanation.


Buffy saw the shocked look on William’s face and couldn’t help but smile. “This next song is one that I wrote for someone very special in my life. William, this is so you know just exactly how I feel.”



“You win man,” Lindsey stated simply and walked off to let Buffy and William have their moment together.


As the soft piano music filled the hall William focused on Buffy and everything else faded away.



Another summer day
Has come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home
Mmmmmmmm…

Maybe surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Oh I miss you, you know


William felt his throat tighten at the possibility of what Buffy was saying to him. Looking down at the crowd he saw his mother with a huge smile on her face. With a shake of his head he chuckled to himself and turned his attention back to Buffy.


Buffy continued to sing her heart out never once taking her eyes off William, expressing everything she was trying to say through her eyes


Another areoplane
Another sunny place
I’m lucky I know
But I wanna go home
Mmmm, I’ve got to go home

Let me go home…
I’m just too far from where you are
I wanna come home…


“Man that’s some song huh?”

William turned to see an amused looking Willow standing next to him and grinned. “Yeah whoever this William guy is he’s one lucky bloke,” he quipped.

“Must be if she’s willing to give up everything to be with him,” she replied seriously.

“Is she really gonna give all this up?” William asked a bit stunned still.

Willow smiled. “Yep, she really is.”


And I feel just like I’m living someone else’s life
It’s like I just stepped outside
When everything was going right
And I know just why you could not
Come along with me
But this was not your dream
But you always believed in me…

Another winter day has come and gone away
And even Paris and Rome
And I wanna go home
Let me go home…

And I’m surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel alone
Oh, let me go home
Oh, I miss you, you know

Let me go home…
I’ve had my run
Baby, I’m done
I gotta go home
Let me go home...


Buffy felt her throat begin to tighten as she prepared to sing the last words of her song. Closing her eyes, she all but whispered the last lines.

It’ll all be alright
I’ll be home tonight
I’m coming back home…



William wiped at his eyes hoping Willow didn’t notice the unshed tears in his eyes and swallowed the knot on his throat.


Willow brushed away her own tears and looked up at William. “Go on out there and get your girl,” she told him pushing him slightly onto the stage.


“I can’t go out there,” he argued as he struggled slightly to stay concealed backstage.


“Yes you can, now go,” Willow pushed.


Buffy noticed Willow pushing William on stage and waved for him to come out. When he shook his head adamantly Buffy let out a chuckle. “How many of you would like to meet William?” she asked the audience. The crowd went wild and Buffy grinned at him mischievously.


William sent Buffy a scathing look and all but tripped as Willow gave him one last good shove. Getting himself together, he swaggered over to Buffy wincing slightly at the screams coming from the crowd.


Buffy took his hand in hers and pulled him to her. “Everyone this is William, the love of my life and the man I hope to spend the rest of my life with.” There were collective awes all around and then Buffy laughed. “And William, this is everyone!”


William blushed slightly and waved at the audience earning more than a few cat calls. Ducking his head down he all but had to yell in her ear, “You do know I’m gonna kill you for this right.”


Buffy laughed. “You know you love me.”


William pulled Buffy in his arms, waggled his brows at her, and dipped her. “Damn right I do,” he said before he crushed his lips to hers in a searing kiss.


Everyone in the audience went wild snapping pictures. William stood Buffy up and turned her to face her audience so they could all see her flushed face. “After that little display I think we should take a bow,” he teased.


Buffy let out a laugh and shook her head as she dramatically took William’s hand in hers and took her bow. “Well guys that’s it. I love you all and maybe somewhere down the line we’ll meet again. Good night London!” she yelled and pulled her and William off stage.


“I can’t believe you actually came out there,” Buffy laughed once completely off stage.


“Well Red there didn’t give me much choice,” William replied pointing in the direction of Willow. Willow gave a tiny wave and a mischievous grin and went back to her conversation with one of the crew.


“Buffy you have a standing ovation, you need to go out and do your final call,” one of the crew members informed her. Buffy gave him a quick nod and then turned to William. “I’ll be right back. See if you can find your family before it gets crazy back here.”


William grabbed her arm before she could walk off. “Buffy are you really done?” he asked hopefully.


Buffy smiled up at him and nodded her head. “I want to come home William.”


William pulled Buffy into his arms and kissed her passionately before leaning his forehead against hers. “Do you know how bad I’ve wanted to hear you say that?”


“Well it’s been long overdue,” Buffy sighed happily. There weren’t words to describe how happy she was at that very moment.


William placed one last kiss to her lips before letting her go. “Go on, they’re waiting for you,” he said nodding in the direction of screaming fans.


“I’ll be right back.”


William let a goofy grin cross his face as he watched Buffy walk away before turning around to the sound of his very excited niece.


“Uncle Will!” Kennedy squealed before she ran over and jumped in his arms.


“Well hey there sweet pea,” he said before giving the small girl a big squeeze.


“That was the best concert ever, even better than the one grandpa took me to!”


“Is that so? Well you’ll have to be sure to tell Buffy that when she comes back,” William replied putting Kennedy back on her feet.


“I have to agree that was an amazing show,” Cecily said coming over to her brother and giving him a hug. “I knew it would all work out,” she whispered in his ear before she pulled away.


William smiled and turned to his mother. “So mum, what did you think?”

“It was a wonderful concert, I especially liked that last number,” she replied with a wink.


“And wasn’t it cool when Buffy called you out on stage like that?” Kennedy giggled.


“It was bloody embarrassing is what it was,” William groused half heartedly. Truth be told, it was kind of exhilarating to have thousands of people calling your name. He could definitely see why Buffy was so drawn to the spotlight.


“Well you never would have guessed by the little show you put on,” Cecily teased her younger brother.


William blushed at the thought of thousands of people, his mother included, seeing him all but grope Buffy on stage.


“Leave William be, I think it was very romantic,” Anne insisted.


“Well thank you Mum,” William replied and wrapped his arm around his mother’s shoulder and sticking his tongue out childishly at his sister.


“Uncle William and Buffy sittin’ in a tree,” Kennedy sang through her giggles.


William narrowed his eyes and scooped his niece up tickling her mercilessly. “Not so funny now is it?’ he asked as Kennedy squirmed and squealed in his arms.


“Okay, okay, I take it back!” Kennedy shrieked.


“William really, you have everyone staring at us,” Cecily scolded as she smiled nervously at all the amused spectators.


“I should have known it was you causing the commotion over here,” Buffy teased playfully.


William put Kennedy down and wrapped an arm around Buffy’s waist. “Well you know I’m just a big kid at heart,” he replied with a wink.


“First hand,” Buffy chuckled.


“That was the best concert ever Buffy,” Kennedy beamed up at her.


“Well thank you. I wanted it to be extra special since it was the last one for a while.”


“So on to LA now?” Anne asked with a conspirators wink.


“As soon as I get everything settled in New York I am definitely LA bound,” Buffy stated matter of factly.


“So are you completely giving up music?” Cecily asked hesitantly. All her mother had told her the night of Kennedy’s party was that Buffy was going to move to LA to be with her brother, nothing more.


“Well not totally. I have a new label out on the west coast that is willing to let me record for the time being and then if and when I decide I want to tour again we’ll work something out,” she explained.


“I think that’s absolutely wonderful dear,” Anne said approvingly.


Buffy looked up at William and smiled. “Well like I said before, I have someone that I need more in my life than all of this.”


William couldn’t hide the giddy smile on his face and captured her lips in a passionate kiss showing her just how happy she had made him.


“Well I think we should be going now. You two have a nice night and we’ll see you both before you leave,” Anne said motioning for her daughter and granddaughter to head out to give the two lovers some privacy.


Buffy realized that she and William were both getting a bit carried away and pulled away blushing slightly. “Sorry,” she apologized.


“Don’t apologize, you two have lots of time to make up for,” Anne replied with a knowing wink.


“Call me so we can get that shopping trip in,” Cecily said giving Buffy a hug. “And William I’ll talk to you later,” she added giving him a hug as well.


“I will,” Buffy told Cecily and then leaned over with her arms outstretched. “Can I get a hug before you leave?” she asked Kennedy.


Kennedy wrapped her arms around Buffy’s neck. “I’m glad you and Uncle Will are back together,” she whispered in Buffy’s ear before letting go and hugging her Uncle. Buffy looked at William with wide eyes and opened and closed her mouth like a fish out of water.


William gave her a quizzical look before he shrugged it off turning his attention to his niece. “See you later sweet pea.”

“Good night Uncle Will,” Kennedy replied and then sent Buffy a knowing look.


Everyone said their goodbyes leaving William and a very bewildered Buffy behind. William noticed the dazed look on Buffy’s face and frowned. “What is it luv?”


“Kennedy, when she gave me a hug, she said that she was glad we were back together,” Buffy explained.

“You mean she said she was glad we were together,” William corrected.


Buffy shook her head. “No Will, back together.”


William looked over at his families’ retreating backs and shook his head. Well I’ll be damned, that girl is smarter than she lets on. “Well I guess you can’t put anything past her now can you,” he chuckled.


“No, I guess not,” Buffy replied still wondering how the little girl had figured it all out.


William pulled Buffy in his arms and grinned down at her. “Well now that it’s official, what do you say we go home.”



Lyircs are from Micheal Buble's song "Home" and all rights belong to there rightful owners.




Big thanks to Mali, MidnightGirl, Gotkona, Laura, PhotographyNut, DaniD, Wikka Tara, luxferi, cordykitten, Opal, ChrissNicole, Debbie, Spuffy6, slayercaro, vitalis, secretguest, willowmouse, SarahandJamesFanatic, and Nicki for all your lovely thoughts and reviews. Without y'all I would have no reason to put this out there! Smooches!