Author's Chapter Notes:
Some of you may have read this story before as well as others i'm going to post.
I lost all my fics on here, but now i have found them yay. Because the chapters are short i'm posting this two parts.
**********

Buffy opened up her closet, and took a peek at the clothes she had; She sighed racks and racks of nothingness. "What the hell am I gonna wear," she pouted picking out a black micro skirt.

Her knee length boots, propped up against the back wall of the closet. Tonight was an important night, Riley was gonna meet her at the Bronze. Willow had called earlier saying that she would meet her there.

Xander had been at work all day at the site. He was due to pick up Anya and meet them they’re later. She carefully applied her make up, and smoothed down her blue shirt leaving the two top buttons open. She took one last look in the mirror, picked up her black jacket and headed out the door.

Sunnydale had its secrets. She didn’t find out until she arrived and became "numero uno" slayer. A stake twirled in her hand, proving that this was no ordinary girl taking a stroll late at night.


She reached the Bronze, the music hitting the alleyway when the door opened. The club was packed; various moulded against each other, as she past to get to the bar. Willow spotted her from the balcony, and headed her off at the bar.

Buffy leaned over, trying to get the barman’s attention. Her skirt rising as she leant over. Willow stood next to her, a drink in her hand she sipped quietly. Buffy turned round to find Willow standing looking uncomfortable.

" Hey will, you okay," Buffy played with the straw in her diet coke.

" Yeah, I’m okay I got a letter from Oz today," Buffy’s eyes widened in recognition.

" Oh, do you wanna talk about it?" She led her best friend to a couch and sat down.

" I don’t know… I thought I was doing okay. Then the letter came…and now I’m all blergh " Willow threw up her hands and made shaking gestures. Buffy placed a hand on her arm. She smiled in encouragement, and spotted Riley watching her.


Things had been tough lately, Buffy patrolling every night, sometimes she wanted to be on her own but Riley had insisted on being there. She resented him, she wanted to be alone … and tonight was make or break time.

" Honey, I’m just gonna go to ladies room," Buffy stood up, and then leant down and hugged her friend.

Her neck tingled, letting her know a vampire was near. She scanned the crowd and looked towards the balcony, she couldn’t see anyone that resembled a vampire. She shrugged and took off for the bathroom.

Spike stood closer to the balcony, watching the slayer talk to her red headed friend. He also noticed the ponce with his friends. If he weren’t chipped he would gladly kick the crap out of him.

" Wanker" he whispered. And continued to watch Buffy. He tilted his head as he watched her walk swaying her hips in time to the music. He couldn’t stop thinking about her, ever since that damn spell. Just the feel of her in his arms, her lips on his. He shook his head, and took off down the stairs.

Buffy stared at her reflection in the mirror, guiding her fingers through her hair. Spike’s face popped into her thoughts, she shaked her head violently. Took a deep breath and headed out the door.

Spike caught glimpse of the door opening; her scent waded towards him through the crowd. He descended on the door and dragged her by the arm, pulling her out of the exit, and into the alley.

" What the hell…Spike I could easily fit you into an ashtray," Buffy stared in his blue eyes, seeing a familiar warmth.

" Well Slayer, look I think we need to talk," He reached into his pocket and retrieved his cigarettes and lighter.

"What about, " She watched Spike inhale the cigarette, and blow out rings of smoke.
" The spell, " Buffy turned away she wasn’t ready to talk about that yet. Because she wasn’t ready to let go just yet.






Chapter 2


Spike watched Buffy, as she turned away and broke from his grasp. He watched her pace back and forth. Muttering as he spoke to herself.
"She really was an odd girl," He thought to himself. He waited patiently listening to her ramblings. She abruptly turned around and opened her mouth.

" Look, I don’t know what you think but it was just a spell and it’s totally over," Buffy threw her hands in the air.

Spike inhaled the last of his cigarette; he walked forward to invade her space. He leaned down placed his lips on her cheek. He could hear her heartbeat race; she shivered slightly from the touch.

Buffy felt the cool lips on her cheek and shuddered, she wasn’t about to tell him she thought about him. Couldn’t stop thinking in fact ever since the dreaded spell. Buffy almost fell into him.

Spike moved back and searched her face, he noticed her cheeks flushed. She placed a hand on her cheek, feeling the warmth.

" What the hell, do you think you’re doing," She stepped forward.

" I’m trying to prove a point, that ever since that spell…they’re has been something there,"

" You’re deluded it was a spell end of story," She turned around to walk towards the opening of the alley. He grabbed her arm and swung her back round to face him.

" Don’t turn away from me, I know you feel something," He looked at her with those clear blue eyes. "Eyes of a killer" she mentally reminded herself.

" Whatever it was…finished when that spell ended,"

" Hah…so you do admit to something," Spike stood there triumphant his cocky smirk now showing on his face.

" Yes, I admit I hate you," She spat, releasing her arm from Spike’s hold and walking away. Spike’s muscle clenched in his cheek, his anger evident. He looked up to the sky, and silently cursed the powers for making him feel this way.
He followed after her, stopping her from exiting the alley. He pushed her against the wall, and placed his hand on the wall next to her head.

"I’m gonna show you, I’m not imagining this," Buffy frowned, he advanced so quickly her reflexes were slow. Cool lips pressed against hers, hands enveloped in her hair. Her mind screamed "Vampire" But the warmth that coursed through her body took over.

Buffy did the unthinkable, she kissed Spike back. The first thing Spike was aware of was he wasn't’ dust. He then felt, warm slayer hands reach under his shirt. His hands moved down, to lift the slayer in his arms.

Riley stood at the bar, a beer now in his hands waiting for Buffy, Willow had told him, Buffy went to the ladies room, and to pass a message that she would see her later. He scanned the crowd looking for the familiar blonde hair, he looked at his watch 20 minutes had passed. She knew that he wanted to talk about their relationship. Maybe she was, slaying a vamp. He drank the rest of his beer and headed out to the exit.


Buffy felt Spike’s lips advance, down her throat and she froze. He looked up with lust filled eyes.

" I won’t bite…unless you want me too," He smirked and kissed her. She kissed him back and wrapped her legs around his waist.
The door to Bronze opened, two very intoxicated college boys fell out. They stood up and noticed the couple making out against the wall.

Riley put his hand on the door, and pushed. He stepped outside.

" Riley, help us out buddy," His friend Forrester called from the pool table. Riley smiled and headed towards the centre of the club completely unaware that Buffy was in the alley.

Spike heard the scuffle of feet behind him, he turned around and his eyes flashed yellow. The two witnesses watched in horror and scampered out of the alley. "The Big Bad still has it, " he thought. He turned back to the writhing slayer in his arms.

Buffy’s mind reeled; her she was kissing Spike. Shouldn’t she be with Riley saving their relationship? She leaned back further against the wall; Spike rested his forehead against hers.

"This is wrong," Buffy whispered. Spike sighed and released his hands so that Buffy slid back down against the wall.

" Buffy, we have both proved that there is something between us," Buffy stared at her enemy.
" Yeah, maybe there is something. I’m not saying what, but nothing can come of this," Buffy’s eyes glowed with lust, her breathing erratic. Spike growled in frustration and closed his eyes.

"Slayer, you’re a fool," He pushed away from the wall and stomped down the alleyway his duster billowing behind him.











Buffy smoothed her hair, and took a deep breath. She opened the door and walked back into the club. She searched for Riley and found him at the pool table. She walked closer… she couldn’t stop thinking, the kiss in the alleyway. She didn’t have those feelings with Riley; everything with him felt…boring.

Spike continued towards downtown Sunnydale, he needed a drink nearest place was "Willie’s". He neared closer, as a demon was thrown out of the door landing at his feet.
"Looks like a good night," He mumbled and walked into the bar.

The door opened and Willie looked up, nervousness etched on his features. He held his hands up.
" Spike, I don’t want any trouble," He wiped the pool of beer that was on the bar.

" I don’t have a big clientele left, what with the Initiative," Spike looked up from counting his money.

" Shut up, and just give me some whiskey," He threw the $ 20 dollar bill on the bar. Willie rolled his eyes and grabbed a bottle. He may not want any trouble but he still had a business to run.

Willie placed the bottle on the bar and snatched the money. " So, women trouble, " Spike looked up and grabbed him by the collar.

" I’m the big bad, I don’t have women trouble," Willie gulped and stepped back when he was released from Spike’s hold.
He walked away leaving the vampire to his own thoughts; Spike pulled the cork off with his teeth.
He tipped the bottle back and let the amber liquid enter his throat.

Buffy stepped closer to the pool table waiting, Riley stood with his back to her, and he laughed.
" Yeah, she knows how to do this little twitching thing makes you shiver," Riley laughed and saw his friends not laugh with him. His smile faded… and he turned around to find a very pissed off slayer.

" Are you revealing slayer secrets?" She folded her arms across her chest.

" Oh no, defensive body language not good," Riley thought.

" Buffy, I…" She held up a hand to his face.

" You know what Riley, this was a mistake. You need to just grow up" Riley turned around to give his friend his beer.

" Look, I’m sorry, " He held out his arms.

" Consider this our talk, I can date someone who talks like this behind my back," She walked off leaving him stunned and embarrassed in front of his friends.

She stepped into the cool night air, not sure where she was going. Her one thought eventually leading to a certain blonde vampire. She walked down the street thinking of the one place he would be.

Spike was slumped against the bar, after finally finishing 3 bottles of whiskey. Willie had tried to stop him after bottle of and half. Spike’s only reply, was a digit held up in the air. He mumbled something about slayers that he couldn’t quite work out.

Willie saw her before she got to the door; he hid the extra money he had saved from the kitten poker earlier that night. She walked in through the door scanning the bar. A few demons that were singing at the kareoke machine, she crinkled her nose in distaste. Spike in the meantime had now slumped to the floor.

" Willie, have you seen Sp…" Buffy stumped her foot on something and she looked down to find a very inebriated vampire.

" For god’s sake, get rid of him slayer… he’s making my establishment look shabby," Willie continued to dry the glass with the dirty rag.
Buffy looked at the rag and then back down to Spike " You know, you do that all by yourself," she leaned down and picked Spike up throwing him over her shoulder and walked out of the bar and into the street.

Riley was fuming being humiliated like that in front of his friends. "Just who does the hell does she think she is?" He kicked a can that was lying on the road. His shoved into his pockets, he tried to think of a way to get her back.

Buffy heard Spike mumbling, she stopped and waited.

" Mmm slayer, she loves me I know it. I’m the big bad, I’m gonna make her see," Spike promptly passed out, leaving Buffy to carry him all the way to his crypt. She giggled the scenario was funny a drunk vampire being carried by a slayer.





Chapter 4











Buffy kicked open the door, to the dark and musty crypt and placed Spike on top of the sarcophagus. He mumbled and turned over; Buffy stood there and hugged herself with the cold.

She never did like waiting, she prodded Spike in the arm and he awoke falling over the other side of the sarcophagus. He stood upright and blinked.

"Bloody hell," He then held his hand to the side of his head. Buffy smirked "Serves, him right for getting drunk," She stood her ground.

" What… are you doing here slayer," Buffy looked everywhere else except for the person in front of her.

" Well, I thought we should…uh, continue our conversation we had earlier," Spike’s eyes opened wide in what his enemy was implying.

Buffy blushed, the rose colour creeping up he neck and settling on her cheeks. Spike clicked his tongue against his teeth and stepped forward.

" Well, slayer so you admit. There is something?"

" No, all I’m saying is that maybe something was left over from the spell," Buffy forced her chin upwards in defiance, she didn’t know why she had these feelings but it was time to stop.

Spike breathing was laboured, he advanced afraid she would change her mind. He placed bot ands on her arms holding her close. Buffy gasped at the closeness of the vampire. Her heartbeat banging erratically in her ribcage.

Spike leaned forward and placed his cool lips against hers, the electricity flowed between the two bodies. Buffy leaned into Spike’s embrace, her arms moved up to the collar of his duster.

Riley walked into the graveyard, a bottle of whiskey held in his left hand. He swayed against the gate. He was never one for drinking and aprubtly retched. His hand flew to his clammy forehead and passed out.

" How about, we have a drink," Spike held up a bottle and shook the contents.

Buffy bit on her lip; she walked over to where Spike stood.

" I’m, fed up of being slayer girl with priorities. I wanna be bad," Spike laughed, as she snatched the bottle from his grasp, she sat on the floor and tipped the bottle to her lips. She shook her head as the alcohol invaded her brain dulling her senses. Spike walked over to where she sat and grabbed the bottle.

Buffy opened her eyes; the first thing she noticed was that she was lying on the sarcophagus. She looked down and saw the sheet that adorned her naked body. She clutched it tighter to her chest, she then realised she was not alone.



Spike turned around and realised instead of being cold he was warm, His eyes snapped opened and checked. " No, there’s no sunlight," he told himself. His head hurt, he also felt fulfilled. "Did he feed, impossible he was chipped, there was only one other explanation," he thought to himself.

He heard the groan next to him, he closed his eyes and mentally kicked himself, and he turned his head to find a very blonde slayer clutching the sheet against her chest. He looked down and then at Buffy, noticing they were both was buck-naked.






Chapter 5



Spike looked away and smiled, he had been hoping this would be the outcome. He wouldn’t admit to Buffy, he wanted this more than anything. Buffy looked over at Spike and sat up pulling the sheet closer to her chest.

"Luv, what is it?" he looked toward her blushed face.

Buffy turned to him, his blue eyes seeking hers. She sighed and lowered her head. Spike had placed his arm on her arm.

"Spike, things have changed already. I don’t have the urge to stake you. And everyone is gonna know about it," She brushed her hair away from her face.

" Is, that all you’re worried about," Spike felt relieved he moved in closer.

"No, Spike you don’t get it I’ve been trained to kill you," Buffy sat up and wrapped the sheet around her back to him.

" I-I… have feelings for you. But I don’t know what yet," Buffy’s raised her shoulders and then lowered them.

Spike rubbed his eyes walked over to his duster; he picked up his jeans and rummaged for his cigarettes. He clicked the lighter and inhaled, Buffy heard the zip of his jeans and turned around. Spike had finished buckling his belt; he walked over to her.

She felt his arms envelop her, she leaned her head back and took comfort in his embrace. So many thoughts were going through her head she felt dizzy, mostly how her friends would react if she told them she was in love with yet another vampire.

" Buffy, your friends would eventually understand," Buffy turned around and stared at him.

" How is it, you always know what I’m thinking," He brushed a strand of hair that fallen across her cheek.

He shrugged her shoulders, and smiled. They stood in their embrace for a while neither wanting to go back to the real world.

" Maybe, we should keep this to ourselves," Buffy bit her lip, she was not sure she wanted to.

"Ok, I’m gonna give you 2 weeks. And then I want an answer," he walked over to the fridge and pulled out a jar of blood. Buffy watched in keen interest.



Riley groaned, he wiped his eyes with the back of his hand. He opened his eyes and was attacked with the bright sunlight. Realising he was outside, he sat up. He then noticed he was in the cemetery, and thought it was odd no one fed on him. He noticed the empty bottle next to him, and that’s when he remembered.

Buffy humiliating, him in front of his friends last night at the Bronze, he was determined to win her back. He staggered, and held on to the side of the crypt. He took a few short breaths and lifted his head. He had to go and see Buffy’s watcher she would listen to him.

Riley passed a crypt; he stopped when he heard Buffy’s voice. Shaking his head, thinking he had drunken too much passed the crypt completely oblivious to the occupants inside.

Buffy lifted her jacket from the chair and slipped it on. Spike walked her to the door, wondering if she would choose him.

She opened the door, sunlight shining on her long blonde hair. Buffy looked up at Spike who was hidden behind the door.

" Well, I guess I better go. I have missed a few classes," Buffy stood between the door and Spike.

" Well, you are late. You might as well go for a half day," Spike raised his eyebrow. Buffy smiled the realising the lust in his eyes. She bit her lip and scratched her head.

" Well, another hour wouldn’t hurt," giggling she closed the door as Spike held her hand.



Chapter 6



Buffy walked into the class, and took her seat. While the professor talked, Buffy daydreamed about Spike. She noticed Willow signalling her, she mouthed to meet her for a drink.

Buffy sat across from Willow, and stared at her coffee. Willow took a sip, and frowned.

" Buffy, what’s up. You’re very quiet," Buffy looked up when she heard Willow.

"Huh, oh it’s nothing," Willow looked down at her coffee waiting for Buffy to say something.

"Well…you see the thing is, I’ve met someone else and broke up with Riley,"

Willow spluttered on her coffee, burning her lips. She put her coffee cup down.

"When did this happen…I mean I know you guys had a few problems, but I was sure you would work it out,"

Buffy nodded her head, and looked out the café window; she could hear Willow talking how they were the perfect couple.

" I-I think I’m falling for a vampire," and for the second time Willow choked on her coffee.

"Buff… It’s not Angel is it?"

"No, it’s not Angel, I still don’t know… how I feel about him yet," Buffy threw her head down on the table making the coffee cups jump. Willow ruffled her hair, and smiled.

" Aw, Are you gonna tell me about him?" Buffy looked up she could always count on Willow to be excited. Her green eyes sparkled.

Spike watched from the alleyway, he was safe the sun had cast over the opposite building. He had watched Buffy walk into the coffee shop with the witch.

He took a drag on his cigarette, and frowned as he watched "Soldier boy" walk into the shop.

Buffy and Willow were laughing, when Buffy caught sight of Riley walk in through the door. Willow’s smile faltered when she saw Buffy’s frown.

She stood up and walked passed him; Willow followed and gave him an embarrassed smile.

Buffy took a few deep breaths, wondering did she make the right decision. The tingle crept up her back, and settled on her neck. Her eyes darted to where a vampire would lurk, she looked towards the alleyway and spotted the familiar black duster, She lifted her hand and cautiously waved.

Spike stood his cigarette hanging limply from his lips; he blinked while his brain registered.

" Well…Well, I do believe the slayer just waved, wonders never cease," Spike chuckled and walked back to the sewer entrance.



Buffy sat at the table with Xander, Anya and Willow were dancing. She hadn’t heard from Spike in a week, she only had another week to decide whether it was Spike she wanted.

Xander stood up and grabbed Buffy’s hand; She giggled and was led to the dancefloor. She listened to the beat, and let her hips moved Xander as usual was doing his crazy dance. Anya swapped positions feeling threatened, Buffy just giggled and moved over to Willow.

Spike watched from the balcony, He noticed the slayer dancing with the whelp, and couldn’t feel jealous it wasn’t him. He looked away and spotted a girl approach him; he accepted the beer she gave him a smile.

Buffy saw the interaction; she frowned in anger and excused herself from her friends. She charged up the staircase to have it out with the obnoxious vampire.