Author's Chapter Notes:
wow...thank you all for your fabulous reviews. And thanks to my beta-you rock!
Chapter 24: Wedding Bells


“…I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

The room erupted in a cheer as Xander dipped Anya Hollywood-style and kissed her in front of all the guests.

Buffy wiped a stray happy tear off her face, silently thanking god for inventing waterproof mascara. Her eyes went to Spike standing across from her, a big smile on his face as he watched the newlywed couple walk down the aisle.

His gaze shifted to Buffy and the pair exchanged grins as Spike stepped forward, offering Buffy his arm. She took it and they walked down the aisle as well, followed by Willow and Gunn.

“Well,” Spike began, watching Xander and Anya in amazement. “They did it.”

“You’re surprised?” Buffy asked as they exited the wedding room and walked into the reception hall.

Spike shrugged. “The whelp seemed nervous, like he wasn’t sure.”

Buffy shook her head. “Nah, he just needed a reminder.”

Spike looked down at her, a smirk playing on his lips. “And it was you who gave him the reminder?”

“Yep,” Buffy replied, “just call me ‘Dear Buffy.’”

Spike snorted. “You giving advice?” At Buffy’s look he corrected himself quickly. “I mean, uh, you’d be fantastic luv.”

Buffy poked him playfully. “That’s what I thought.” The blondes walked over to find their place cards and made their way to table 2 where the high school gang was all finding their seats.

The pair sat down and were greeted with questioning looks from Fred, Wes and Gunn.

“Oh for god’s sake,” Cordelia huffed, “Buffy and Spike are together. It’s weird but deal.”

Fred blinked. “Oh, that’s good,” she flashed the new couple a smile, “that’s really good.”

Buffy gave the brunette a grateful look. Buffy had the vague recollection of saying something to Fred at the bachelorette party about her and Spike but thankfully Fred was too sweet to bring it up.

‘Drunk Buffy’ equals ‘Stupid Buffy’, she reminded herself. But she had to admit, it all turned out okay. Well, Buffy squeezed Spike’s hand, more than okay. In fact, she could almost say perfect.

“Okay everybody. Thank you all for being here today on this very, very special occasion. And now, I’d like to introduce the maid of honor and best man who’ve written a speech together for me and Xander,” Anya gestured for the blondes to approach the stage.

Well, Buffy winced, that was where the ‘almost perfect’ came in.

“Fuck,” Spike hissed, “where’s the damn speech?”

“I don’t know,” Buffy hissed, giving the crowd a teeth-clenched smile and wave. “I left mine upstairs.”

“Bloody hell,” Spike swore as they walked up the stage. “Okay,” he whispered, “we improvise.”

Buffy stared at him in horror. “Improvise?”

Spike nodded, picking up the microphone. “Just say how you feel and follow my lead.”

Buffy nodded and reluctantly picked up the other microphone. “Just know I’m putting a lot of faith in you right now,” she warned.

Spike flashed her a smirk. “Trust me.” He turned to the crowd. “Hello all. I’m Spike Giles and I’m, obviously, the best man. Now, I met Xander back in middle school and thought he was the biggest wanker on the soddin’ planet.”

Buffy’s eye widened. What was Spike doing?

“In high school,” Spike continued, “we started getting along a little bit better. Mostly bonding over juvenile things I, uh,” Spike cleared his throat, “won’t mention here. It was mostly the fact we had friends in common and we were forced to hang out together. Somehow, along the way annoyance turned to good-natured teasing and now…well, I guess you all know since I’m standing up here giving the best man speech.”

The crowd laughed and Spike turned to Buffy, giving her look to start talking.

Buffy moved the microphone closer to her lips and began to speak. “I met Xander when I was twelve years old. I’d just moved to Sunnydale and it was my first day at the Sunnydale Middle School. The teachers couldn’t be bothered with showing me around the school so they had their best student, Willow Rosenberg, be my tour guide. Imagine my surprise when there were two students at the door, eagerly waiting to show me around,” Buffy paused, smiling down at Willow and Xander.

“Since that day we’ve been inseparable and I don’t have a single funny memory without Xander in it. He’s the guy that’ll always be there for you to put a smile on your face. Hell, he’d probably even make me laugh if we were facing an Apocalypse.”

The crowd once again broke out into laughter and Buffy smiled. Hey, she might just be able to get through this impromptu speech thing-y.

Spike picked up his microphone. “Now, Anya. She moved here in senior year and god was she a breath of fresh air. I enjoyed spending time with her mostly because she has that amazing ability to speak her mind and tell it straight. Xander, you’re a lucky man.”

Buffy saw Xander kiss his new wife at that comment and he whispered something in her ear that made Anya smile.

Spike poked Buffy and gestured subtly to the microphone.

Buffy cleared her throat. “As Spike said, Anya moved her senior year of high school and I definitely noticed how she was willing to say exactly what she thought. At first, we hung out mostly because we both loved Xander, but obviously in different ways. Then, through college, Anya and I grew closer. I couldn’t tell you when it was exactly, but we’ve been very good friends since then. I was honored when she chose me to be her maid of honor, mostly because I’ve watched their relationship grow from a last minute date to prom to now and I can’t wait to see where they go from here because that kind of love can only grow stronger.”

Buffy sniffled and smiled down at the couple, then at Spike who was staring straight back at her, a smile of his own on his lips.

‘I love you’ she mouthed and Spike’s smile widened as he mouthed the words back.

They put the microphones back in their spots and stepped down from the stage where they were greeted by Xander and Anya.

“I should be mad that you changed the speech, but that was so much better,” Anya told Buffy as she leaned over to hug the two blondes. “Thank you.”

Xander stepped up and shook Spike’s hand. “Thanks man for, uh, not disclosing those bonding moments,” Xander joked.

“Anytime,” Spike replied with a chuckle as he helped Anya back into her seat while Xander and Buffy lingered for a moment, wanting a minute alone.

He hugged her tight. “That was an awesome speech up there, Buff. You gonna be running for office anytime soon?”

Buffy snorted. “Yeah right.” She squeezed his hand briefly. “So did my advice work?”

A smile quirked on Xander’s lips. “Actually it was more the part where you had your little epiphany about Spike,” he added quickly at her look, “but yeah, your advice was terrific.”

Buffy mockingly slugged him in the arm and they exchanged grins.

“Well,” Xander clapped his hands, “time for the food.”

**************************

Three hours later, the food had been taken away, the cake cut and served, and now most people were out on the dance floor, a slow song playing.

Buffy wrapped her arms tighter around Spike’s neck, pulling him down for a short, sweet kiss. “Mm…” she sighed. Somehow the supposedly short kiss turned into a long one, their tongues intertwined.

Spike’s grip around her waist tightened and he leaned down, his lips grazing her ear. “I want you.”

Buffy shivered at the raw need in his voice and nodded slightly. “Me too,” she whispered, her voice nearly inaudible but making Spike inwardly groan all the same.

“Luv,” he said softly, a smirk forming on his lips, “you ready to go?”

Buffy, without words, pulled away, her hand firmly gripping his, and went in search of Willow.

Spotting her dancing with Tara, she hesitantly tapped Willow’s shoulder.

“Oh,” Willow turned to face Buffy, “hey Buff.”

“I was wondering,” Buffy began, biting her lip nervously, “if you would let Dawn sleep over at your place tonight?”

At her hopeful expression, Willow nodded. “Sure, I’m pretty certain Dawnie won’t mind staying with us,” Willow broke out in a teasing grin, “have fun you guys.”

Buffy could feel a faint blush on her cheeks. “Thanks Wills.”

She pulled Spike with her up the stairs to the dressing room to get her belongings. “Okay, I just need to find my brush. I know I brought it here with me…” Buffy trailed off, her hands on her hips, muttering to herself.

Spike snuck up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist. Buffy spun around to tell him to bring his stuff with them but was stopped when Spike leaned down and captured her open mouth in a heated kiss.

Buffy instantly melted in his arms, kissing him back passionately. They kissed intensely for several minutes, Spike slowly backing her up against the wall. Spike kissed his way down her neck, his hand reaching for her zipper when Buffy stopped him.

She gave him a look. “No way are we having sex here again.”

Spike pouted and Buffy shook her head at him. “That won’t work,” she informed him as he resumed kissing her neck, “I invented that look. You’re not gonna-ah!” Buffy broke off in a gasp when Spike gently bit down on her sensitive skin.

Buffy glared at him. “That was so cheating,” she huffed and pulled away to gather her things.

Spike sighed. “Alright, alright, I’ll go get my stuff and meet you at the car.”

As soon as he left the room, Buffy let out a little sigh of relief. She didn’t want their first time as an official couple to be in the dressing room and she’d been this close to giving in. Thank god for reasoning.

She hurried out of the room; her bag slung over her shoulder and ran out to the car to see Spike leaning against it, looking extremely hot in his tux, his hair curly from her hands running through it.

Oh god, Buffy realized, this was going to be the longest car ride ever.

**********************

“Um,” Buffy mumbled against Spike’s lips, “keys…purse.”

Spike pulled away long enough for her to find her purse in the car before attacking her lips again. They stumbled up her walkway, hands roaming all over each other.

Buffy pulled back, fishing through her purse for her house keys, letting out a cry of triumph when she located them.

Spike grinned at her as she fumbled with the keys. She was just as hot and bothered as he was, Spike smugly thought.

Finally, Buffy managed to unlock the door and Spike grabbed her arm, pulling her in for another kiss. He backed her up into the house, kicking the door shut behind him.

“Umph,” Buffy mumbled, “We should…lock…the door.”

“Fuck the door,” Spike growled, “upstairs, now.”

His words shot straight to her groan and she complied, darting out of his arms and up the staircase. “Gotta catch me first!” she sang out loud with a giggle.

Spike glanced down at his erection and grumbled, “Bloody women” before running up the stairs himself.

He paused by her room, listening for any scuffling noises before slowly opening the door. Spike stepped in cautiously, halting to inspect the room. Nothing. He turned to exit the Buffy’s room when something small jumped on his back, sending him down on the ground.

He twisted his to see a grinning who was now Buffy straddling his legs. “That was fun.”

Spike snorted. “You didn’t have some crazy bint just jump on your back. Though,” he leered at her, “I like where you are now.”

Buffy nodded slowly, her eyes glittering. “Uh-huh, I kinda like it here too.” She rocked her hips slightly. “But I’m thinking bed would be nice.”

Spike groaned and in one swift move pulled Buffy up and onto the bed covering her body with his. She gasped and he took the opportunity to kiss her once more, letting his hands wander up her torso.

“Please Spike,” she said softly, “touch me.”

That was all it took. Spike deftly unzipped her dress, pulling it off, leaving Buffy in a small black lace thong and matching bra. She unbuttoned his shirt, tossing it gently over the edge of the bed and went to work on his pants.

“Buffy,” Spike whispered, cupping her breasts in her hand and hissed when her hand made contact with his manhood.

She eased his pants down and Spike put them gently on the ground next to his shirt. Then he moved up to undo her bra, kissing and caressing her breast in the process.

Buffy let out small whimpers of pleasure, her back arching. Her hair clip popped open and she reached up to undo the bun, letting her long, golden hair tumble down.

Spike reached up with one hand to touch her locks. “God I love this hair, the way it shines, the way it-“

Buffy cut him off with a kiss, letting her tongue dance with his. “No… more… talking… please?”

Spike nodded and they continued to kiss, at first soft then more passionately until Spike was trailing kisses down her breasts, her torso and then her…

“Spike!” Buffy hissed in surprised, “What are you…?” She could feel a flush staining her cheeks.

“Let me, Buffy,” Spike said softly, looking up at her through his lashes, “I’ll make you feel so good. Promise.”

Buffy wanted him to. To kiss, lick and suck her down there but right now, she wanted him in her. The perfect way to consummate their new relationship. Their love.

Just thinking those two words sent an exhilarating thrill through her. She’d never felt this way so strongly before: excited, naked, nervous and wanted.

“Buffy?” Spike gave her a questioning look.

She gently tugged him up so they were face to face. “Later,” she told him, “right now I just want to feel you inside me.”

Spike groaned at her words and began peppering kisses all over her face before firmly kissing her lips.

“God Buffy the things you do to me,” he groaned and Buffy opened her legs further, letting Spike slip between them, the tip of his manhood grazing her opening.

“Please, now,” Buffy demanded softly and Spike slid to the hilt. They let out mutual groans as Spike began moving, slowly at first, then his pace picking up till they both came with a cry.

Buffy could still feel herself coming down from the high as Spike rolled them to their sides, still intimately joined. She turned to face him, a lazy smile spreading across her face.

“Hey,” her voice was quiet but happy.

Spike cupped her face, leaning down to brush a kiss on her lips. “God, you were fantastic.”

“Really,” Buffy began, her smile turning mischievous. “Well, we’re not done yet.”

“Bloody hell, never!” Spike replied adamantly and Buffy pushed him on his back and hoisted herself up on top of him.

“So,” she said teasingly, “ready for another round?”

“Always.”

***********************

Buffy woke late in the morning and stretched, arching her back, feeling pleasantly tender. She and Spike had spent most of the night making love in every possible way they could think of before they drifted off to sleep. Speaking of Spike…

Buffy sat up, looking confused at the empty spot next to her. Where was he?

Hesitantly, Buffy climbed out of bed, throwing on her silk robe over her nude body. He hadn’t left without telling her had he?

The bedroom door was open a crack and she slipped out, quietly walking down the stairs. The sight that greeted her caused giggles to slip out.

Spike was standing there, solely wearing an apron Dawn had given Buffy as a gag-gift that pronounced ‘Kiss the Cook.’ He was mixing several things in different bowls all while keeping his eye on the pan on the stove.

He glanced up at the sound of giggles and smirked. “Morning luv.”

“I can’t believe you actually went through with the breakfast thing,” Buffy commented, seating herself at the island.

Spike shrugged as he took the steaming eggs off the stove. “Made a promise didn’t I?”

Buffy shook her head, trying to hide her smile. “You’re insane.”

Spike chuckled as we moved to her side. “You’re figuring that out now? Besides, you’re not the sanest girl in Sunnydale.”

“Okay, I’m not,” Buffy admitted, “I guess that’s all the more reason we’re together. We’ve got to be the weirdest couple out there with our past.”

“But it all worked out for the best. As crazy and messed up as our…courtship or whatever the bloody hell you want to call it was…we’re here now, together” Spike said, his eyes intensely meeting Buffy’s.

She nodded. “I know. Whatever we used to be…we’re not that anymore. We’re a couple. Us.”

She punctuated her agreement with a kiss and slid her arms around him. “I love you.”

“I love you too Buffy, so much,” he replied, clutching her closer. They stayed that way till the buzzer went off, reminding Spike about the muffins in the oven.

“There’s so much food,” Buffy looked around, “how are we going to eat it all?”

Spike snorted. “Please Summers, you could eat a horse if you had one.”

“Hey,” she replied indigently, “That’s so not true!”

“Yeah it is,” Spike replied, ducking as she threw an apple in his direction. He reached out and pulled her close, nuzzling her neck and whispered against her skin. “We don’t have to eat now…I’d rather eat something else instead anyway.”

“You’re being a pig,” she informed him with a huff. “Only you would get turned on when a girl throws something at you.”

“Oink oink baby,” Spike smirked against her neck and bit down, repeating the motion he’d done the previous night. He grinded against her backside, letting her feel his hardened length.

“Ungh,” Buffy moaned, “What about the food?”

“Screw the food, it’ll be there all bloody day,” Spike rasped as he peppered kisses on her shoulder, sliding her robe off her shoulders.

“That’s a…good…very good idea,” Buffy replied as they moved towards the couch.

“Yeah…very…very good idea,” Spike repeated her words while kissing her.

“And,” Buffy said optimistically, “We’ll work up…an appetite…so we’ll finish all the food-ah!” She screeched as Spike pushed her onto the couch.

“God how I love you,” he told her.

“I love you too,” she said honestly, pulling him closer.

“I’ll never get tired of hearing that,” Spike replied while undoing the belt of her robe.

“Me neither. Now shut up and make love to me.”

Spike chuckled, his voice low. “Wouldn’t want to be doing anything else.”