Author's Chapter Notes:
The feedback for this fic has been absolutely mind-blowing! Thank you to everyone who’s been so supportive and interested in the story, and I hope you continue to enjoy it!
“Alright, I just finished the next part of the story and sent it to you,” Buffy said as she exited her bedroom an hour later, cracking her knuckles and grinning. “I think this might be my hottest chapter yet.”

William paled as he looked over at her from his position on the couch, flipping through channels. Sexier than the chapters I’ve already looked at? Is she trying to kill me?

“You could look at it now,” she suggested. “Since you don’t seem to be doing anything productive at the moment.”

“I’ll have you know that I’ve been catching up on all the latest… celebrity gossip,” he mumbled as he turned off the television.

“You’re such a girl,” she joked, smiling when he stood up and headed towards his bedroom. “You don’t have to read the next chapter of my story right now- I was just joking around.”

“Not like I’m busy,” he replied, shrugging.

“We could go out to dinner instead,” she offered, the hopeful tone in her voice not lost on him.

“Yeah?” he asked, smirking. “What did you have in mind?”

Wouldn’t you like to know? she thought, stifling a giggle as she thought about the variety of ways she could answer his question.

“I don’t know,” she said. “Surprise me.”

Maybe I will. He walked towards her, coming to stand right in front of her.

“Unless you’d rather stay in tonight,” she added, noticing the intensity of his gaze. “Your call.”

He studied her features for a long moment before nodding and walking away, grabbing his keys. “Let’s go try that new restaurant in town.”

“Okay,” she replied, slightly irritated that he wanted to go out somewhere instead of staying in their apartment, especially as more thoughts of naked William filled her head.

Guess I’ll have to be patient and wait until later, she told herself as she followed him out the door. Maybe there’s still fun to be had after all tonight.

* * * * *

“Can I ask you a question?” William poked at the food on his plate as he spoke before raising his eyes to hers, noticing her nod as she chewed on a piece of steak. “What inspired you to start writing?”

“Honestly?” she asked, sighing. “I was bored one day and felt like writing something. It didn’t really matter what the topic was- I just had the ambition to write. I started with poetry first, but I began to realize that I had a difficult time getting all of my ideas down, so I began to branch out and tried doing short stories next. I still do those most of the time, but you never know when you’ll get an amazing idea that you could elaborate off of for thousands upon thousands of words.” She noticed the amused expression on his face and blushed. “I know, I’m a loser.”

“Not at all, luv,” he replied. “It’s nice to see you be so passionate about something.”

I can be even more passionate if you give me the chance, she thought.

“Why not do original pieces, though?” he asked. “Why do you write about Angel characters?”

“They interest me,” she answered, taking a sip of wine. “It’s probably not the coolest hobby out there, but I feel like I can get into the characters’ heads. Plus, they can be a lot of fun to work with and manipulate.” She pushed her plate to the side, signaling she had finished eating. “It’s nice to be involved in something like writing fan fiction, you know? There’s a huge community of people out there who do it, too, and I feel like I’m a part of it. It’s like I’m a member of this gigantic family that’s spread out worldwide, and no one can take that away from me.” She smiled and looked down. “And it’s so much fun to write stuff that’s pornographic in nature.”

“That w-was my n-next question,” he managed to say, practically stumbling over the words as he remembered the fantasies he came up with earlier that day as he read the first two chapters of her story. “What made you choose to do adult fan fiction instead of the more general kind?”

“It’s liberating,” she said, picking up her wine glass and slowly moving it in a circle, watching the liquid swirl around inside of it. “I feel like I have power over the characters, and sometimes it’s nice to put them in compromising positions.” She saw his cheeks begin to flush and smiled. “I feel I can be a lot bolder in my writing when I do mature stories. It’s not like I say the things I write on a daily basis- I don’t feel comfortable doing that. But when I write, it’s a whole different playing field. I have the freedom to write whatever I want, and that’s a nice feeling.”

“Well, you’re an excellent author,” he said, clearing his throat as their waitress put their bill on the table.

“Thank you,” she replied. “And to really show my gratitude, I’m going to…”

To what? he thought, becoming excited at the possibilities. Kiss me? Push me down on the table and have your wicked way with me?

“Pay the bill,” she finished, nearly laughing at the disappointed look on his face. “Something wrong?”

“No,” he answered quickly, waving it off. “I appreciate the offer, but I can’t let you pay for me. Chivalry isn’t dead, or so some people say.”

“You’re doing me a huge favor by editing my story,” she said, getting money out of her purse. “Besides, consider it a thank-you for everything else you do for me.”

“You’re welcome,” he replied. “It’s always my pleasure to help you, pet- you should know that by know.”

“Yes, I know. You’re a good man, William.”

He blushed at the compliment and quickly ducked his head, grabbing his wineglass and finishing the remaining liquid in it. Buffy grinned as she paid their waitress for their meals before putting her hand on his and squeezing it.

“Let’s get out of here.”

* * * * *

“Do you mind if I call Willow?” Buffy asked as they entered their apartment. “She called my cell phone while we were out, and I haven’t talked to her in a long time.”

“Go ahead,” he said. “I’ll take a look at chapter three for you while you talk to Red.”

“Thanks, Will,” she replied, sitting down and dialing a number on her cell phone.

He walked into his room and sat on his bed as he opened his laptop, downloading the attachment she sent him and opening it, beginning to read through the chapter.

“I love it when you tie me down,” Cordelia said cheerfully, watching as Angel bound her wrists to the headboard of his bed. “And you’re even using the silk scarves I bought you.”

“I intend to get a lot of use out of them,” he replied in a low tone, stripping off his clothes. “I love it when you’re helpless.”

“Going to hurt me tonight?” she asked, watching as he crawled across the bed and covered her with his body. “It’s only fun when you play rough.”

“Don’t I always?” He thrust into her sharply, causing her to cry out at the sudden invasion of her body and the jolt of pleasure that ran through her.

“Not enough,” she answered, grasping his biceps and digging her nails into them, pleased when she drew blood.


“I wonder if this is what Buffy likes,” William said quietly. “Strong, aggressive men who get off on having all of the control in the bedroom.” He frowned and shifted on his bed as his third erection of the day made his tight jeans become uncomfortable.

“Faster,” Cordelia demanded, arching her hips up as Angel began pumping into her swiftly, enjoying every moan and shriek as he sped up or slowed down his movements, drawing out both her pleasure and his. “I can feel your flesh-covered spike deep inside of me.”

“Okay, now that’s just insane,” he muttered as he stared at the last line of Cordelia’s dialogue. “Where does she get this stuff from?” He shook his head as he continued reading. “But it’s Buffy’s story, so if she wants it in here and thinks people actually say a phrase like ‘flesh-covered spike’, then that’s her prerogative.”

“If you ask nicely, I’ll bite you,” Angel offered in a hoarse voice, not surprised when Cordelia grinned at him.

“I love it when you feed off me,” she replied, beginning to tremble as his face transformed into its vampire visage. “It’s incredibly erotic.”

He lowered his head and licked the crook of her neck before sinking his fangs into her soft skin, her blood filling his mouth.

“Oh god… William!”


He stared at the word on the screen of his laptop, feeling as if his heart had stopped beating in his chest and the air had been sucked out of the room. Initially, he thought Buffy had called to him from the living room, but when he blinked a few times and continuously reread his name, he knew he wasn’t imagining it.

“Um, Buffy?” he asked loudly, waiting to continue until she appeared in his doorway. “Can you come over here for a second?”

He put a pillow over his lap quickly before putting his laptop on top of it, knowing she’d probably figure out why he was doing it but not caring.

“What’s wrong?” she asked. “Does something not make sense?”

“I guess you could say that, yeah,” he answered, pointing to his name on the screen and noticing the blank expression on her face. “What’s this all about?”

“Just a Freudian slip,” she lied, shrugging. “Not a big deal- just replace it with Angel’s name.”

“Freudian slips are usually caused by a person thinking about something,” he replied. “Either actively or subconsciously.”

“Maybe I wrote that when we were talking before,” she said indifferently, waiting to see how he’d react before telling him the truth.

About everything.

“Or maybe you were thinking about me when you wrote it,” he suggested, inwardly hoping he was right.

“Maybe I was,” she agreed, biting her lip to keep from smirking.

He gawked at her, his eyes widening. “What?”

“William, I always think about you when I write stuff like this,” she answered, closing the laptop and setting it beside him on his bedside table. When he didn’t respond, she moved closer to him and took the pillow off of his lap, sneaking a look at his crotch and grinning when she realized that she was having an effect on him, either from the chapter he was reading or her presence. “And I have a little confession.”

“What’s that?” he murmured, his heart pounding.

“It wasn’t a Freudian slip,” she said. “I asked you to beta for me because I wanted to see how you’d react.” She hesitated, becoming nervous. “And if maybe you’d be tempted to… sleep with me.”

“What?”