“Well, you see,” Buffy began, frowning when William got off the bed and stared at her, still in shock. “You and I’ve known each other since freshmen year of college, and I’ve been attracted to you practically since the first day we met.”

“I know the feeling,” he replied, causing her to smile a little.

“But you and I’ve never really… talked about it,” she said. “We’ve been friends for nearly six years, and I thought that when we moved in together, things might change.”

“How so?”

“That maybe we’d hook up,” she answered. “I like you, you like me-”

“We both know that’s not true,” he murmured, looking down. “I love you, Buffy.”

“I know that,” she replied, getting off of the bed and standing in front of him. “I love you, too, William. I mean, I know I don’t ever say it, but-”

“I know you love me,” he said. “But I always assumed it was only in a platonic, friendly capacity.”

“Are you kidding?” she asked, smirking. “I love you as a friend, but I’ve wanted more for us for so long.”

“How come you’ve never said anything about it before?” he asked, tilting his head to study her.

“I didn’t know how you’d react,” she said, sighing. “I was scared you’d be wigged out and would move out or something.”

“Not bloody likely,” he replied, taking her hands in his. “I wouldn’t think of leaving.”

“I don’t know what I’d do if you did.” She laced their fingers together and smiled contently.

“Let me get this straight,” he said after a long pause. “You wanted me to edit your incredibly sexy story to see how I’d react?”

“Uh huh,” she answered cheerfully.

“In an attempt to get me to sleep with you?” he asked, trying to clarify her intent.

“Yes,” she said, blushing as she looked away. “It sounds very stupid when I think about it.”

“Yeah, it does,” he agreed, grinning. “You didn’t have to get me to read some story to make me want to sleep with you.”

She looked at him, surprised. “You want to…?”

“Of course I do,” he said, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer to him. “I could kill you for making me read those chapters, though- I don’t think I’ve ever been so turned on in my whole life.”

“I bet I can change that,” she replied, giggling when his eyes widened a little. “You don’t know how often I think about you, William. Ever since we kissed on New Year’s Eve last year, I-”

“I thought you claimed you only kissed me because you were drunk and lonely,” he said, narrowing his eyes at her.

“Alcohol gave me the courage to do it.” She hesitated and rested her hands on his chest. “But I wasn’t that drunk, and trust me, I meant to kiss you. I had wanted to for years, and ever since then, I’ve wanted our relationship to progress.”

“Maybe it would’ve if you hadn’t lied about kissing me in the first place,” he suggested sternly, watching her expression turn sad. “I would’ve acted on things a lot sooner.”

“Yeah?” she asked, managing a small smile.

“Yes,” he affirmed. “I’ve wanted you even more since that night.”

“Guess we should’ve talked about this a lot earlier, then,” she replied.

“Probably.” He shrugged. “But that doesn’t mean we can’t start something now.”

“Do you want to… be with me?” she asked quietly, holding her breath as she waited for his answer.

“Absolutely not,” he joked, laughing as he hugged her, kissing the top of her head. “Do you really think I’d say no, luv?”

“You never know with you,” she said, smirking. “So, does this mean we’re dating now?”

“Looks like,” he answered, grazing her cheek and leaning down to kiss her softly before pressing his forehead against hers. “We have a lot to figure out, though, you realize.”

“Yeah,” she agreed, looking down.

“Can’t we just skip it?” he asked, getting her to look at him. “For now, at least?”

“If that’s what you want, sure,” she answered, nodding.

“Good,” he said. “Because honestly, I think I’d rather spend my time getting back at you for torturing me with the sex scenes you wrote.”

“Go ahead, Will,” she replied, grinning. “Punish me.”

“Oh, I will,” he said, picking her up and carrying her to his bed, laying her down.

* * * * *

“I’m nervous,” he admitted as she took off his shirt, tossing it aside.

“You shouldn’t be,” she said quietly. “It’s not like you’ve never had sex before.”

“I haven’t with you,” he replied. “And what we’re about to do isn’t what I’d call sex.” At her amused look, he continued, “It’s making love.”

“I’m glad we’re on the same page,” she said, assisting him in the process of getting her shirt off.

“You do realize that I’m not like Angel in bed,” William said sheepishly, looking at her.

“I don’t want a guy like Angel,” she replied, smiling. “I want you.”

“Good to know.” He returned her smile as he unclasped her bra, sliding it slowly down her arms before dropping it off the side of his bed. “You’re bloody beautiful, you know that?”

“You’re not so bad yourself,” she said in a light tone, her eyes closing as he lowered his head and began to kiss her neck and collarbone, propping himself up over her with one hand while the other explored the skin he had revealed. She gasped when his hand cupped her left breast, giving it a gentle squeeze before taking her nipple between two of his fingers and pinching it softly. “Will-”

“Want me to stop?” he whispered as his lips trailed down to where his hand was.

“Not at all,” she answered. “But there’s a time and place for foreplay, and I don’t think it’s right now.” He chuckled quietly as he took her other hardened nipple into his mouth and sucked on it tenderly.

“I’m not passing up a chance to get acquainted with your body,” he said. “It may take me five minutes… or it could last for hours. I prefer the latter option, personally.”

“I don’t think I can last that long,” she replied, slipping her hand between their bodies and unbuttoning his jeans before sliding down the zipper. She began to tug them down his thighs and indiscreetly let her eyes travel downwards to look at his erection.

“I’m sorry I’m not a foot long,” he murmured, smirking.

“Are you sure you’re not?” she asked, studying his manhood appreciatively. “You’ve got to be pretty damn close.”

“I haven’t measured it lately.” He helped her take off his jeans completely before beginning to work on getting hers off, too.

“Can I?” she asked in a hopeful tone, her eyes lighting up at the thought.

“Perhaps later,” he answered. “I think we’re busy enough at the moment, don’t you?”

“Not as busy as we could be,” she replied, watching as he slid her pants down her slim legs, marveling at the expanse of tan skin that was beneath him. “I’m not like Cordelia in bed- I hope that’s okay.”

“Don’t want you to be like her,” he said as he slipped his fingers under the flimsy sides of her lace panties before slowly stripping them off of her.

As they let their eyes roam over the other’s body, both began to wonder why it had taken them so long to realize that they had strong feelings for one another.

I’ve waited six bloody years for this, he thought as he moved up her body to kiss her, wanting to make sure that he wasn’t dreaming.

Six years of hoping for this, and it’s finally here. Buffy watched as he leaned over to his bedside table, digging around in a drawer for a moment before finding a condom. I have a feeling it’s going to be well worth the wait.

She giggled when she watched him look at the condom wrapper for a moment, seemingly reading something. “What’s wrong? Don’t tell me you need instructions. I don’t feel like giving you a demonstration with a banana. I don’t think we have any in the kitchen, for that matter.”

“You’re not funny.” He pouted as he opened the wrapper. “I was just making sure it hadn’t expired.”

“Will, when was the last time you had sex?” she asked, biting her lip to keep herself from smirking.

“About a year ago,” he answered, beginning to roll the condom down his shaft.

Buffy’s eyes followed his hand’s movements, her pulse racing as she realized that she was about to sleep with a man who had been her best friend for years. He noticed the look on her face and stilled, beginning to worry that she was having second thoughts.

“We don’t have to do this,” he said quietly, becoming anxious when she didn’t respond for a moment.

“I want to,” she replied. “I’m just thinking about how far you and I have come, you know? This, with us, means a lot to me.”

“I know how you feel,” he said, pressing a simple kiss to her lips. “I can’t believe you’re giving me a chance.”

“I think you’ve earned it, don’t you?” she asked, spreading her legs as he stroked the smooth skin of her thighs before settling between them, positioning the tip of his erection at her wet center.

“I damn well hope so,” he said in a low tone, looking into her eyes for permission to continue.

“I want this,” she murmured, running her hands over his back and feeling his muscles move beneath her fingertips.

“I love you, Buffy.”

“I love you, too,” she whispered, gasping when he slowly moved inside of her, clenching his jaw to stave off coming early as he felt her tight muscles clench around him.

He stilled as he got to the hilt, waiting for her body to relax more. She marveled at the emotions she saw in his eyes, recognizing the love he felt for her in the way he was looking at her.

“You’re not going to stop now, are you?” she joked, smiling when he laughed and began to rock his hips against hers a little.

“That depends,” he answered. “Are you going to call my cock a ‘flesh-covered spike’?”

“I will if you stop,” she mumbled, moaning when he pulled back and thrust into her roughly. “Will-”

“I love you,” he whispered as he began to pump into her with sure strokes, groaning when she grasped his upper arms and dug her nails into his skin as the blissful pleasure she felt began to be overwhelming. “Sure you’re not like that Cordelia bird? I think you’re about to make my arms bleed.”

“Sorry,” she replied, releasing her tight grasp on him for a moment before applying the same amount of pressure when he sped up his movements. “I’m so close… harder…”

He thrust inside of her deeper and harder, trying to get her to come before he did. As he felt her inner walls flutter around his shaft and her body tremble more beneath his, he moved even faster, watching her expression as she found her release before he came, too, emptying his seed inside of the condom.

He nuzzled his face into her neck and tried to catch his breath as she wrapped her arms around him and kissed his shoulder.

“That was amazing,” she said breathlessly, shutting her eyes.

“Couldn’t agree more,” he replied, lifting himself off of her a bit and looking down at her content expression. “I don’t suppose you’d like to have another go, would you?”

“Right now?” she asked, her eyes opening instantly.

“After we both recover,” he answered, slowly pulling out of her and getting off of the bed, taking off the condom as he went into the bathroom, throwing it in the garbage.

He returned to his room and studied her body, covered in a thin sheen of sweat and looking even more magnificent than it had before. He approached the bed and lay beside her, wrapping one of his arms across her body and pulling her closer to him before kissing her temple.

“Can you believe this?” Buffy asked, curling up against his side. “It seems like a dream, a fairytale.”

“I don’t think I know of a fairytale where a vixen seduces a man through a naughty story she wrote and was making him edit,” he replied, smirking. “Maybe you can write it sometime down the road.”

“I think we just did,” she said, kissing him before pushing him to lie on his back. She moved on top of him, straddling his thighs. “Feel like inspiring me to write some more?”

“Consider me your muse, baby,” he said, resting his hands on her hips.

“I love you.” She took his semi-hard erection in her hands and began to stroke it, watching as his eyes nearly rolled back in his head and grinning when it began to harden even more. “And your flesh-covered spike.”

“Buffy,” he said in a warning tone.

“What?” she asked innocently. “I thought it was clever.”

They exchanged smiles before she leaned down and kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her and reveled in the feel of her breasts pressing against his chest.

“You are pretty clever, you know,” he said. “For coming up with such an elaborate plan to get me in bed.”

“Well, it worked, didn’t it?” she asked, grinning.

“That it did, luv.”



THE END





A/N Although this story is short, I have sincerely enjoyed writing it, and I’m grateful for everyone’s support and extreme interest in it. It was fun for me to step outside the box and do something I’ve never done before, which is writing a fic solely comprised of NC-17 chapters. I hope Ashlee has enjoyed her birthday gift, and once again, thank you to everyone who has left such sweet (and at times hilarious) feedback!