Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Tasha for betaing this.
February 5, 1999 Wednesday

Buffy grimaced when she realized she was out her favorite perfume. She had forgotten this fact, and so she hadn't picked any up at the mall over the weekend while shopping with Willow. Buffy decided to forgo being scented that day rather than use a different perfume that she didn't love quite so much.

Unfortunately the weather was still chilly. So, Buffy had to bundle up again. Luckily, she was planning on meeting Willow, Cordelia and Faith at the Expresso Pump before school to discuss Valentine's Day plans. Buffy got to the coffee shop a bit earlier than the others. She wanted to order the drinks. She knew that Cordelia would be embarrassed if she couldn't order one herself, and the other girl was too proud to ask someone else to.

Buffy sat at the small table, watching the early morning foot traffic. She smiled when the others entered the coffee shop. She waved them over to the table, and she handed them each a cup of coffee. Buffy looked back out the window to the magic shop just down the street.

"What are you thinking about, Buffy?" Willow asked in an attempt to get Buffy's attention.

"Oh just thinking that the next time I see Spike, I need to thank him," Buffy turned back to her friends, "Turns out the magic shop owner was a demon employed by the Mayor to keep tabs on all the magical goings on here in town. It was in one of those reports Mr. Finch gave us last week."

"Go Spike. Even though at the time I'm sure he wasn't helping us in any way, shape or form." Willow raised her fist in the air with a little punch of triumph.

"So what are we doing for Valentine's day? I have a date with Doyle, Willow's with Oz, Faith's with Xander, and you have your secret admirer. We need to do something special," Cordelia announced. She took a notebook out of her backpack, and she flipped it open to the first page. Although she wouldn't readily admit it, she enjoyed being a part of the group again.

"Well, Giles is taking mom to L.A. for a big art show that day. She went ahead and closed the gallery for the day. If we promise to not destroy anything and clean the place up really good, I bet she would let us have a little dance there. With the nooks there, we could set each of us up a table for two away from the others. Let me give her a quick call," Buffy announced. She hopped up to make a quick phone call, and she came back smiling happily.

"I take it from the smile, we're a go, B?" Faith asked.

"Yep. So, everyone brainstorm, and the day after tomorrow we'll get together to finalize our plans," Buffy answered.

"Sounds great." Willow glanced at her watch. "Oh, we better get a move on it if we don't want to be late."

The teenagers scooted out their chairs. They were moving towards the door when something caught Willow's eye. She quickly told the others she had to use the girl's room, and she would catch up with them in a couple of minutes. Willow turned back towards the restroom while the other three girls went outside. In a few minutes, she came back outside, grinning like a Cheshire cat.

"Hey, what's up, Wills?" Buffy asked when she saw the grin on her friend's face.

"Nothing, Buffy. Nothing at all. Let's get to the school. We need to eliminate someone from your secret admirers list." Willow giggled at Buffy's perplexed look. She and the others discussed the options left on the list while they continued on to the high school.

Once they got into the school, the girls decided to hit the bathroom before going to class. It wouldn't do for Snyder to catch them going to the restroom so early in the day. The four teenage girls entered the rarely used south wing bathroom. In this bathroom, the stalls were doorless, and this made most of the girls uncomfortable. However, this also made the room more useful for private Scooby conversations.

Buffy and Willow went in first, followed by Faith and Cordelia, who slammed into the first two girls. Even the more jaded Faith and Cordelia were totally flabbergasted by what was going on in the one of the stalls.

Tucker Wells was sitting on the commode. His shirt was unbuttoned, his eyes were closed, and his hands were on the hips of a half-naked Anya Jenkins. Tucker groaned loudly while Anya writhed around on his lap. Her unbound breasts bobbed in his face.

Buffy and the others slowly backed out of the bathroom. Once they were back in the hall, they scrambled towards their first period class, full bladders totally forgotten. Half way down the hall, Buffy began to giggle. By the time they made it to the classroom all of them were laughing their heads off.

"Hey, Buff, what's so funny?" Xander greeted the laughing blonde girl. He and Oz were sitting in their seats already.

"Oh God, we just caught Tucker and Anya getting it on in the girls room. I think he can be eliminated off the 'Buffy's secret admirer' list. Thank God," Buffy informed her friend. It was then she noticed the roses, note and gift box on her desk. She smiled and bit her lower lip. She had actually been worried when she hadn't recieved a gift yet that morning.

Buffy crossed to her desk, where she put her books down on her seat. She sniffed the roses before she picked up the note, and she felt for the charm she knew was inside. Buffy tore open the note carefully, removed first the rose shaped charm and then the note.

A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet. Your secret admirer

As the other girls gathered around to smell the flowers and giggle over the note, Buffy tore open the present. When she opened the box, she was pleasantly surprised to find her favorite perfume nestled inside. Buffy wondered how her secret admirer knew it was her favorite, or how he had known she was out? This is so sweet, she thought to herself, This guy better hope I like him. He's a keeper.