Author's Chapter Notes:
Cordykitten, sorry you're so tired. Hope you feel better today. Yes, she got a charm in the shape of an ice cream cone. Dialouge from Crush used here, because it was so good. Thanks to Tasha for being my beta
February 8, 1999 Saturday

Buffy sat smiling softly as she watched Faith and Cordelia gyrate around the dance floor with their dates. She knew that Doyle came up to Sunnydale on the pretense of going over business with Angel. However, Buffy and the rest of gang knew that the Irishman had really come to see Cordelia. Buffy was thrilled to see the little looks increase between Faith and Xander to the point where you could actually see fire between the two.

"Buffy, can I speak to you for a moment?" Angel interrupted Buffy's internal pondering.

"Oh, hi, Angel. Sure," Buffy answered. She flipped her hand towards one of the other chairs at the table, and indicated that the vampire could sit with her. "It's still a few minutes till the Light's Out dance." She tried not to look around the room for anyone who fit the bill of her secret admirer.

"I'm planning on leaving for Los Angeles as soon as the fight with the Mayor is over," Angel announced quietly. The decision weighed heavily on his mind, but he felt it was better this way.

"I got that impression when you went down to L.A. to check out business opportunities." Buffy eyed Angel evenly. Did he think she was a complete airhead? "Before you even ask ... I'm not bothered that you're leaving. I figured it was happening sooner rahter than later, Angel," Buffy said airly. She took a sip of her drink, and then she waved at Faith and Cordelia.

Angel was at a loss for anything to say. He never expected Buffy's dismissal of him from her life would come so easily for her. His soul berated his demon for mucking things up so badly. He assumed it was the appearance of Angelus, his demon half, that destroyed his relationship with Buffy. Angel sighed, stood up, nodded tersely at Doyle, and left the nightclub.

The four dancers made their way to the table, and they dropped tiredly into their chairs. Each one grabbed their drink for a sip, even as they each scanned the crowd for any sign of vamps. When the gang heard about the Light's Out dance planned for one of the songs that night, they knew it would be a perfect time for vamps to attack the unsuspecting clubbers. When they located no possible threats, they turned their attention to the blond Slayer.

"So B, tell us what you got today," Faith said. She flipped her hair out of her face, and she leaned back into her chair. Faith was about to put her foot up against the table, and tip her chair back, when she felt Xander's arm around the back of her chair. She jumped a little before she sat up straighter.

"Mom and I were out all morning picking up supplies for the house. When we got back home for lunch there was a package on the kitchen table. Inside the package was a walkman and a CD of Stupid Things by Nickel. The note read: The only truly Stupid Thing I've ever done so far is not fall for you sooner. You were dancing to this song the first time I saw you. Your secret admirer.. There was a cute little musical note charm, too." Buffy held out her arm so that everyone could see the newest charm.

Asking about Buffy's secret admirer, and his gifts, was quickly becoming a Scooby event. Every day someone else asked about what she received. They were all amazed at the variety and care of each of the gifts Buffy recieved. They usually brainstormed a bit over each gift to fit the pieces of the puzzle together. So far no one spoke up about a clear choice from the list.

Before anyone was able to say anything, the manager of the Bronze jumped up on the stage and began to speak, "Ladies and gentleman, tonight we're having our first ever Light's Out dance. This is for one dance. Grab the person closest to you and dance with them, regardless of what sex they are. Here's Sonic Boom, playing Stupid Thing by Nickel for Buffy Summers from her secret admirer." The manager jumped off the stage, and he was replaced at the microphone by the lead singer.

"Light's out," he shouted, and the nightclub fell into darkness, "Now grab the hand of the person next to you."

"Faith, you feel anything?" Buffy asked as a cool hand grasped hers in the darkness. She smiled when the hand squeezed hers gently. Buffy's eyes adjusted to the darkness, and she could see the exit signs above the doors.

"No, B," Faith said before the music started, "But Xander is. Watch where you're putting that hand, Xander."

"Miss Summers, we meet again." Will's proper British voice poured into Buffy's ear, and his cool breath swept along her forehead. He tugged on Buffy's hands to pull her closer to him. Will's hands slid up her arms, over her shoulders, and down again to rest on her lower back.

"I should have recognized those hand after how good they made me feel the other day." Buffy allowed her hands to run up Will's chest to his shoulders, and said, "I think you can call me Buffy, Will." It felt nice to dance with him. He didn't overwhelm her like so many of her other dance partners had in the past.

The song began and the couple swayed back and forth. Somehow, they deftly avoiding the other couples in the darkness.

"Have you talked to that girl we talked about the other day yet?" Buffy asked.

"No, not yet. I am still attempting to work up the courage. Whenever I think about talking to her I get all tongue tied like a stupid git," Will answered, embarrassment apparent in his voice. "She's so beautiful, and so far above me, that I know I don't stand a chance."

"Don't say that, Will. I thought it was really sweet how you talked about her the other day. How about you practice on me?" Buffy sighed as she clutched Will's shoulders tighter and laid her head on his shoulder. Her head felt like it naturally belonged there. Something in her heart flipped to hear his confessions of love, even if she was only his practice dummy.

"Are you sure? I have no idea what I should say to this girl," Will mumbled.

"Just tell her what's in your heart. If that doesn't win her affections, you come back to me and I'll go beat her up for you," Buffy answered vehemently. An overprotective streak surfaced towards anyone that would hurt the tender masseuse.

Will's deep chuckle echoed in Buffy's ear. "Here goes, then. 'I love you. You're all I think about; dream about. You're in my gut and in my throat. I'm drowning in you, S ... sweetheart. I'm drowning in you. Give me something even if it's just a crumb or a barest smidgen that someday, maybe there's a chance.' How was that?" He feared the rejection from yet another woman he cared about. "I know I'm L ... I mean that I wear my heart on my sleeve, but I hope she doesn't crush me too badly.

"Oh, that was so wonderful, Will. I'm sure she will love what you say. I hope I'm as lucky as your girl someday." Buffy was interrupted by Will's beeper going off.

Will grabbed the offending object out of his pocket and looked at the incoming number. He muttered, "I have to go, Buffy. A friend's mother is calling. The mother hates to bother her child with petty little things. So, I go over every so often to help. Maybe next time we meet up we'll actually get to see each other."

"Thanks for the dance. You're a good friend, Will." Buffy felt alone in the darkness once Will moved away from her, but the song ended. The lights popped back on before she could take any of her feelings into consideration. She smiled as she found her companions took advantage of the darkness, and both couples were kissing.