“Hello?”

“Dad, it me”

“Conner, me boy. What have you been up to? I haven’t heard from you in a few days.”

“Not much” he starts hesitantly. “Dawn’s sister made it into town yesterday and we had the meet and greet”

“Conner, what’s wrong? She didn’t upset you did she? I had hoped that since Dawn was so open that her sister would be as well. I should have known better..”

“DAD! Calm down she was great. In fact she took everything better than either Dawn or I had hoped. It’s just that she would like to meet you. She wants all of us to me for dinner next week after she gets the house in order”

“Oh, well then ok. As long as you’re ok I would be glad to meet her. Just let me know when and where. William can handle things while I’m gone”

“Peaches!! How many times have I told you not to call me William?”

“Conner call me with the details, it seems I have some one to take care of here”

Conner laughs into the phone and mutters something that sounds like ‘Yeah right’
“Love you, Dad”

As Angel hangs up the phone he turns to his grandchilde and says,

“You have asked me to quit calling you William as many times as I’ve asked you to quit calling me PEACHES!!” he finishes with a yell.

“My name is SPIKE. I haven’t been William for over 100 years, dammit!” “Now what exactly am I handling for you? I’m a busy man, ya know?” he finishes with a smirk

“Dawn’s sister has arrived, and she has requested that I attend dinner on day next week. If it falls on a day that I am supposed to be working I’ll need you to cover for me.”

“That can be arranged, you know that I would do anything for the Nibblet. What did Conner have to say about the infamous sister?”

“I didn’t get a chance to get his impressions, due to your interruption. But he says that she was open to the relationship. Though I did get the impression that he was worried about her meeting me” Angel said with a grin.

“Smart boy”

“Hey! I resent that.”

“All I’m saying is that Conner cares for Dawn a great deal, and he wants all parties involved to get along”

“I get along well with others!!”

Spike laughed so hard at this that he found it hard to catch his unneeded breath. “You have never gotten along well with others!”

Not liking the turn of conversation Angel turned to leave and left Spike sitting alone. As he walked away he said, “Tread lightly, Childe”.

“Exactly!!” shouted Spike.

The following morning at the Summer’s House

Buffy awoke the next morning with a gasp as another dream receded. She lay quietly trying to calm her racing heart. The dreams were becoming more and more detailed. She could actually feel the gentle touches that seemed to hold reverence. The touches would go from gentle to demanding, as if her dream man were scared if he let go she would vanish. The man of her dreams always appeared to be hidden in shadows, but the things that he made her feel were all too real. Though she had very little experience with men, none in fact, she knew that she would hold all men to his standard. One word always seemed to stay with her after her dreams-MINE. Dream guy would always say the word to her before she woke. Sometimes in a whisper, sometimes in a roar. Either way never failed to make her feel complete. Wishing she could turn over and return to her dreams Buffy got out of bed with a sigh and headed to the shower to begin her job hunt.

Later that afternoon Buffy felt lost. She had been looking for a job all day and all she received was polite refusals. Apparently her lack of experience was not the best of job references. She did not want to tell people that she had never had a job other than helping her sick mother. That would make her feel that she received the job out of sympathy or pity. And that would not do. While walking back to her car she noticed a small coffee shop on the corner and decided that the caffeine would help her mood. As she stood in line she noticed that there was a woman standing in line who looked as if she were digging for gold in her purse. The red headed woman still had her head down, intent on finding some unknown treasure when the clerk asked

“May I help you?”
“Excuse me. Can I help you?”

So intent on finding her treasure the red headed woman never noticed that it was her turn in line. People were starting to get angry, and the man behind her in line nudged her shoulder. At the nudge the woman looked up in surprise and stammered an apology.

“I’m so sorry!!” “I’ll have a caramel mocha, please”
After receiving her drink the woman quietly moved towards the exit, as she passed by I made eye contact with her and gave her a little smile. She returned the smile and moved outside. I made my way to the counter and ordered my vanilla cappuccino, quickly paying and heading outside. Once outside a quiet voice says,

“Hi, my name is Willow”

I looked up and noticed the young woman from earlier with the brilliant red hair.

“Hi, Buffy Summers.” As I shake her hand I continue “I didn’t realize that coffee was such a hot commodity here”

“This is pretty much the ONLY coffee shop in town, and the only place to hang out during the day other than the Magic Shop. But Giles tends to run us off if the gang gets too rambunctious”.

I look at her questioningly as she pauses for breath, and she grins.

“Sorry, I tend to ramble. I see that you’re new to town. I’ve never seen you before”

“I just moved from LA. My sister is in school at UCS. I wanted to be closer to her. I was walking around getting acquainted with the town, and looking for a job when I saw coffee and my body went on auto pilot.”

“UCS, really. I’m a senior over there. What a coincidence! Job hunting, huh? Well the only place that I know is hiring is ‘About the Blood’

“Beg your pardon?” I choke out over my mouth full of coffee.

“The locals call it AB for short. It’s a bar. My boyfriend, Wesley, works there. It’s kind of a blending bar for humans and vampires. I know that they are looking for a bartender”

“Really? Could you tell me how to get there? I really need a job, but I have no real experience. So options are kind of limited”

“Sure, no problem. I’ll even call Wes and ask him to be looking for you” As Willow wrote directions I could help but to feel like fate had stepped in to lend a helping hand.

“Buffy I wrote my phone number on the back; give me call so that we can get together. You can let me know how things went over at AB. I’ve got to run. I have class soon. Good Luck!”

“Thank you Willow, really. I appreciate it. I’ll call you soon.”

When Buffy pulled up to the address that Willow had given her she could not help but feel a little nervous. From the outside the building looked like an abandoned factory. The kind that you saw in old horror moves-the ones where people went in and never returned.
Taking a deep breath she walked up to the door and was about to knock, when it suddenly swung open. Startled she stepped back quickly and looked up. At first she did not see anyone, but upon closer inspection she saw a very nice looking man with brown hair and eyes. He reminded her of the Marlboro man, the thought made her smile. He noticed her smile and returned it.

“Buffy?” he asked.
Got to love a man with an accent was all she could think. He sounded like her dream man, only a little more cultured.

“Buffy?” he asked again.

“Oh, yes! I’m sorry. Your accent through me for a moment. It reminded me of someone. Are you Wesley?”

“Yes, but please call me Wes. You made quite an impression on my Willow. She’s only known you for 10 minutes and she sings your praises. Please come in”

“Thank you, Wes.”

“Please have a seat. Willow tells me that you are looking for employment. Do you have any experience bartending?”

“No, honestly I don’t. But I am a hard worker and fast learner.”

“Do you understand what type of establishment we run here? Let me explain. We run a bar that is safe for humans and vampires. We serve alcohol and blood. Would this be a problem for you?”

“Are you asking if I’m squeamish? No, I have no problem with blood”

“I am willing to give this a trial run, say two weeks. If at the end both of us are satisfied then the job is permanently yours. When can you start?”

“That’s it? I get the job?! Thank you, thank you. I can start whenever you need me”

“Great. I will let the owners know that the position has been filled. You start tomorrow night. Be here at 4:00 to start training. Ask for Lorne.”

“Thanks again Wes, I appreciate the chance. I’ll see you tomorrow”

Buffy left with a smile on her face. Maybe it wasn’t a dream job, but she would pretty much guarantee that it would never be dull. Wes watched as Buffy left, and he could not help the smile that crossed his face.

“What’s got you so happy?” a voice spoke form behind him.

“I just hired the new bartender. She starts tomorrow”

“She? We never agreed on a female. You know that some times our patrons get out of hand. What happens when we have a woman in the mix?”

“You made me the manager for a reason, correct? Well I see something in her, and I want to see if my hunch is right. Willow agrees”

“Red? How is Red involved? asked Spike.

Wes briefly reviewed Willow’s meeting with Buffy and how she came to apply.

“This is your choice, Wes. I hope that you know what you’re doing.”

“We’ll see tomorrow, Spike”

Wes watched as Spike walked away, and smiled again. If Willow was correct the first meeting between Buffy and Spike would produce some fireworks.