She could feel his hands slowly glide up the length of her legs. Just a whisper, almost like it wasn’t there. She held her breath as she felt him place kisses on the inside of each knee as he slowly made his way up her body. She nearly moaned when he skipped where she ached for him to be. A giggle slipped out as she felt his tongue dip into her belly button. He continued his imaginary trip up her body, Buffy opened her eyes hoping to see her lover for the first time. She could not help but freeze as she saw his face, golden eyes stared back at her. She slowly brought her hands up to trace the ridges on his forehead and slowly leaned up to kiss him, being careful of his fangs. When she pulled back to look at him once again he used the opportunity to bury his face in her neck. With a growl he buried his fangs in her throat and Buffy’s world drifted away in a flash.

Buffy woke with a jerk! She didn’t know if she could survive many more dreams like that one. She felt like her body was on fire, and she could practically feel the pull of blood from her body. For several minutes all she could do was lie in bed and gather her strength. She rolled over to glance at her alarm clock, and with a gasp she hurried from bed.
‘Dammit, over slept’ she thought. Its 12:00 and that leaves me three hours to pick out clothes for work. ‘What does a bartender at a blood bar wear?’ She wondered.

Buffy was in the process of gutting her closet for the perfect out fit when the phone rang.
“Hello?”
“Buffy it’s me. What are you doing?”
“Dawnie, I’m trying to find the perfect outfit.”
“For what?”
“Are you sitting down? OK. I got a job!”
“Really?” Dawn asked in shock. “Where at?”
“Well..” Buffy hesitated “Atabar” She rushed
“Did you say a bar?!” “Buffy you have to be kidding me, have you ever been to a bar?”
“YES!!” Buffy yelled. “I’ve been to a bar.”
“Buffy there are only two bars in town. One is Willie’s, and I know that you wouldn’t even walk through the door of that place without a hazard suit. So that leaves A/B as your new job”
Buffy wondered how her sister’s reasoning process had developed so quickly. Maybe there was something in the water in Sunnydale.

“Dawn, I’ll be fine. A/B was the only place hiring. I met a lovely woman named Willow in the coffee shop yesterday, and she helped me get the job. Apparently her boyfriend manages the bar.”

“Buffy, I know you’ll be fine. I’ll make sure of it”
“Dawn, I’m not 12. I happen to be a grown woman”
“I know Buffy, but you’ve spent the last few years caring for mom. It was like you were in a time warp. You may be 21, but you stopped learning about life at 18.”
“Dawn, this is not up for discussion. I was offered a job and I accepted. You have no need to worry”
“You’re right I don’t. The people there will look after you. I know this because Conner’s family owns the place”

“What?!”

“Conner’s father, Angel, owns A/B. Along with Spike.”

“Angel & Spike?” “Are you kidding me?”

“Nope, looks like you’re part of the family and sooner than you thought. I’ll call Conner and let him know that you’re going to be working the bar. He and I will be there as soon as they open”

“Dawn! You aren’t old enough to be in a bar.”
“Buffy we don’t drink. I just want to make sure that you’re handling everything OK, and make sure the guys are looking out for you.”

Buffy glanced to her watched and noticed the time. Crap! The sisterly Q &A had made her later than she already was.

“Dawn - I have to run. I’m supposed to be there by 4, but I wanted to be a little early. So I could make a good impression.”

“Ok, Buffy. Go, but drive carefully!! I will see you later tonight. I love you”

“Love you, too” yelled Buffy as she ran to her car.


For the second time Buffy found herself standing in front of the building wondering if she had seen it in a horror movie. She could not help but be nervous. ‘Are my clothes ok?’ ‘Will everyone like me?’ and the most important thought ‘Guess I’ll meet Conner’s dad earlier than I thought’. With one last deep breath she knocked on the door.

As the door swung open, she could not help but notice the most amazing blue eyes she had ever seen. She could not seem to form one single thought.

“Luv? You ok?”

Holy crap!! Those eyes and an accent. This man could not be real. The sound of someone clearing their throat caused her to come back to reality.

“I’m sorry! My name is Buffy. I start training with Lorne for the bartender position today. I’m a little early, I hope that’s ok.”

The blue eyed god just smirked as I continued my ramblings.

“I spoke with Wes yesterday, but I failed to ask for the proper dress, I hope what I have on is ok.”

“Goldilocks I..”
“Buffy”
“Buffy, I can assure you that you look just fine” he said with a leer.

Buffy wonder why the look on his face gave her goosebumps. NEVER had she dealt with this kind of situation. This may have been what Dawn had meant, but she was going to have to learn as she went along.

“I’m sorry I didn’t catch your name” she asked as politely as she could.

“Name’s Spike” the name was said as if that would answer all other questions I had.
“Spike? Conner’s Spike?” she inquired with a smile.
“How do you know Conner? He is family, I would have known if you we acquainted with him”
“I don’t really know him that well. I actually just met him yesterday, Dawnie, introduced him to me”
“The Nibblet?” “Her sister?” as the realization came to him he had one thought:

‘Bugger Me’

"I'm sorry did you say Nibblet?" asked Buffy.

"Yes, that is my name for her" replied Spike. "We consider her family here."

"I see" said Buffy. Although she didn't really understand. She knew that she had a great deal to learn, not only about her new job but Dawn's surrogate family.

"Well Spike it was nice to meet you. Could ou please tell me where I could find Lorne?"

"Lorne? Sure he's at the bar. Follow me"

While Spike led her into the bar he could not help but feel a pull to be close to this woman. Even his demon wanted her. Never had both sides of him been in agreement.

Buffy was thinking along the same lines. All she seemed to want was to run her hands along the back of his leather jacket to see if it felt as soft as it looked.

She gasped quietly when he turned suddenly to look at her and she caught the flash of gold in his eyes.

Spike looked at Buffy for a moment, then mumbled

"Lorne is over there" pointing to his right.

As he walked away Buffy couldn't help but wonder what she had done to upset him, and also why the gold color of his eyes facsinated her so.

She was still in her own little world of reflection when she made it to the bar area. She looked up and saw Lorne for the first time and paused in shock. Never had she seen such a beautiful shade of green, and such cute little horns - aw he was darling.

"Hey there sweetcakes, I'm Lorne" he said with a big smile.

"Hi, I'm Buffy." "Wes told me that you were the one to whip me into shape - so to speak I mean. No actual whipping for me." finishing as she ran out of breath.

"It's alright hun, take a few breaths, and we'll get to know one another" patting her on the shoulder.

"Lorne can I ask a question? requested Buffy

"Shoot, kiddo"

"Where can I find horns like those?"

With a wink he replied, "You and I are going to get along just fine"