Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my very first shot at writing fiction, scary I know. Much thanks to Paganbaby for all her love and support and for the nurse scene suggestion and for the few lines in said scene! Also for helping me with some rewrites, you where so much help, hun, love ya much!
Disclaimer: Joss Whedon is god and sadly he owns everything. I just like to play with his creations.



Spike was not in a good mood… to say the least. He was still in Wolfram and Hart’s version of a hospital even though his arms were now fully attached and functional. His countless claims of being better and wanting out seemed to fall on deaf ears as they insisted he stay for at least a couple more days. This, of course, didn’t help his already pissed-off demeanor he’d had for the last week.

So here he sat, busying himself with the Game Boy provided by Gunn while wishing he could be out there hitting something instead. A good brawl was exactly what he felt he needed right now. Needing something -- anything -- to help let off all this pent up energy and frustration.

After failing for the ninth time to get the hedgehog across the jungle, he threw it across the room yelling, “bloody game!”

"I see that temper of yours still persists," said a very familiar voice from the doorway. "Not really a cure of that though, is there?"

Spike’s eyes jumped to the open door, growing a little wider from surprise. He knew that voice probably better than he knew his own. With not having heard it in many months, one would figure that the recollection would’ve faded, but not for Spike, for he still hears it every night in his dreams.

Even though he is looking at her, he still doen’t believe she is there. It’s not until he looks in her eyes that he starts to be a believer. There’s a fire burning brightly behind those hazel eyes that could only be produced by one girl. Even his dreams failed to duplicate this blaze.

“Buffy.” Spike says in a very soft voice, barely above a whisper, the anger brought forth by the game was completely drained from him. She’d always had this affect on him: able to change his mood in the blink of an eye.

“Hello Spike.” Buffy says in a calm voice. “I didn’t really believe Andrew when he told me you were back.”

“Andrew told--” Spike started but was cut off.

“Well, not so much told as forced out,” Buffy admits. “I figured out a while ago how to tell when he’s lying. Wasn’t hard, really. See, when he lies, he rambles… a lot. That, and he’s a lousy liar. His cover-up stories tend to be way out there in ways of being believable. So all it took was a little glaring and threatening on my part and he was more than willing to talk. So right now my only question is why I had to force it out of him?”

After a few seconds ticked by, Spike replied in a small voice, “I didn't want you to know.”

Buffy moved further into the room, closing the door as she went. After setting her bag by the door, she went and sat in the chair by his bed. Looking up at him, she waited until he met her gaze before asking, “but why, Spike?”

Not able to look her in the eyes anymore, he instead chose to stare at his hands. He gave a small sigh before answering her. "I gave up my life for you--for the world. I went out as a hero. There's no beatin' that kind of exit. A man can't end like that and then just show up afterward. What he did just wouldn't have mattered anymore."

Buffy just sat there, starting at him in disbelief. After a minute she gave Spike a swift punch in the arm which caused a grunt from the man in the bed. Once she regained her bearing she responded. "So let me get this straight: after dying for the world, you get a second chance at life. So on some ego-macho power trip you decide, 'Hey, there's no beating that kind of exit, job well done, Spike' and just give up your life—give up me” the last part coming out in a small whisper. Spike hears it, nonetheless.

“Buffy--” Spike started to say but was cut off once again.

“Shut up, Spike. That was the biggest bunch of bullshit I have ever heard.” Her voice rising as she spoke. “Can you honestly tell me that you believe a word of what you just said?” Spike just looked down at his hands again.

“God, you really are an idiot…” Buffy spoke as she rushed him, eyes ablaze.

Buffy’s lips where on Spike’s before he even noticed she’d moved, though he was quick to recover and was kissing her back with just as much passion as she was giving him. Their kiss was passionate and needy, both missing just being with each other that the rush of being together once again was quickly consuming them.

Buffy moved further up onto his bed, straddling his waist, never breaking the kiss. After a few more moments of heavy kissing and petting, Buffy finally broke away, needing to breathe. Her chest was rising and falling rapidly as she brought oxygen back into her lungs. Upon catching her breath, she was fast to dive right back into his waiting arms.

Spike wasn’t sure what was happening. One minute she’s yelling and insulting him; the next, she’s forcing his tongue to duel with hers, in the nonverbal way. He met her strife for strife though, it feeling too good to think to stop, anyway.

Buffy’s hands were worming their way under his shirt now, feeling up his chest. She raked her nails against him in a way she knew he loved. She was rewarded when she heard a hiss and a small moan escape through his parted lips. She made quick work of removing his shirt, using those seconds to catch her breath again before continuing her work on his chest and mouth.

Buffy moved abruptly away from him but stayed put on his lap. Spike’s hands tried to seek out her warmth and bring her back to him but she batted his hands away. She could see the passion in his eyes as her hands moved to the hem of her shirt. She slowly moved the material up and off of her body, exposing her lace covered breasts to Spike. Buffy’s hands moved behind her back in an attempt to remove the bra, when Spike let out a deep growl and flipped her onto the bed, towering over her, causing a yelp of surprise to come from the startled slayer.

Obviously wanting to undress her himself, Spike started kneading Buffy’s breasts as he moved his mouth to the hollow of her neck. Whenever he licked and kissed her neck and shoulders like what he was doing now, it sent shivers up and down her body. She got so much pleasure out of just this and he knew it. He loved the way she was moaning and writhing under him.

Reaching one hand behind her, Spike expertly unsnapped her deep purple bra and tossed it over his head. His mouth sought out one of her perk tits the second it was uncovered to him. After giving a full seeing-too on that breast, he moved to the other.

While working on the other breast, he moved one hand to the fly of her jeans. Once it was open, Spike moved off her to pull them off. Quickly pulling them off and tossing them to the floor, he was immediately on her again. Their lips met yet again as their pent up passion continued to overtake them.

Spike roughly ripped her deep purple lace panties from her body, leaving her in all her naked glory. He moved up from her a little to get a look at her fully. She looked, if possible, even more beautiful than he remembered.

“God pet, you are the most gorgeous creature I have ever met” Spike spoke in a rough, sexy voice. He could tell just by looking that she was more than ready for him. And he was so hot for her that he wanted to be within her heat again. Right. Now.

“Spike, please…” Buffy moaned as she reached out for him.

He was quick to obey, never able to deny her anything; Spike positioned himself between her legs after removing his pants at top speed. Grabbing his rock-hard cock, he moved it up and down the cleft of her enticingly wet pussy, causing his shaft to get thoroughly slick with her juices.

He was clearly going too slow for her because Buffy’s legs wrapped themselves around his hips and forced him to enter her overheated cunt. Spike let out a groan at the feel of being inside her tight heat again. This is the closest he will ever get to heaven and he wouldn’t have it any other way. She felt absolutely glorious to him and there was no other place he ever wanted to be than right here with her, in her. He didn’t know how he ever stayed away from her before or why he wanted to. His reasons seemed stupid and pointless now that he knew once more what it was like to be with her.

Spike started moving in a slow, even pace, speeding up very little with each thrust. He could tell by the way she was groaning and raking her nails against his back that this was pure torture to her. She always liked it fast and hard, loving the feel of that wondrous friction, so the slow but deep thrusts were good, but they could never fully satisfy her.

Knowing she loved to be in control, Spike let her take the reins and flipped them so that she could ride him. Buffy was quick to pick up their pace to a fast and hard one, as he knew she would.

With his hands firmly placed on her hips, he was able to meet her thrust for thrust. Spike moved one of his hands to play with her sensitive clit, knowing that he was close and wanting her to orgasm before him. As his expert fingers played with her clit, her moans and groans of pleasure got much louder. Spike would be very surprised if they were not being heard by the whole bleedin’ hospital. If they were, there was no one there that seemed to care to see what the noise was, having not been disturbed once.

Spike knew that she was very close to the edge, so he kept up his pace on her clit and with his cock and used his other hand to tweak one of her nipples, wanting to give her the most pleasure. Buffy yelled his name as her body shook from the sheer force of her orgasm. Her dripping wet pussy was convulsing and squeezing the hell out of Spike’s cock. With this added pressure to his penis, he thrust his large shaft deep into her and was quick to climax right after her. Letting out a loud, somewhat animalistic growl as he came, filling her with his seed.

Buffy collapsed on top of Spike when her orgasm finally subsided, his softened cock still deep inside her.

“Ohh, lime Jell-O.” Spike’s voice broke though the fog in Buffy’s brain.

“Huh?” she said, confused.

“Lime Jell-O.” He motioned toward the now wide-open door.

“Oh God,” Buffy moaned--not in the good I’m-getting-fucked way, but in the I-just-got-caught-having-sex-in-a-hospital kind of way. She quickly tried to cover up Spike and herself when she spotted the hospital nurse in the doorway, who was holding Spike’s dinner, which did in fact, included lime Jell-O.

“I’m s--sorry… I… I didn’t kn—know,” the wide-eyed nurse stuttered. She quickly placed the dinner on the nearest table and bolted for the door, wanting to leave the room as fast as possible, having witnessed the last part of the show. Before she left the room, she had to inform Spike that “visiting hours are almost over.”

But before the nurse made it out the door, Spike had to throw out one last comment. “Just thought you should know nurse, that my physical therapy is going very well, thanks.”

Once the nurse had successfully exited (thankfully closing the door on her way out) Buffy sent a sharp punch to Spike’s arm again.

“Oi! What was that for, slayer?” Spike groaned, rubbing at the spot she had just struck.

“Oh, you know damn well what that was for, mister!” Buffy scolded him. With one final glare, Buffy lay back down in his arms. It was a few minutes before either of them spoke again, both too lost in thought about what had just occurred between them.

“That was…” Buffy said with a wide grin, even without being able to find an adjective to describe just how good it was--pre-interruption, of course.

“Yeah, it really was, luv” Spike said as he idly stroked her back.

“Spike?”

“Hmm.”

“There’s something that has been bugging me for a while now--something that I thought would never be answered because you--” Buffy said slowly-- "I thought I'd never see you again."

“And that would be…” Spike pressed after a few moments of silence from her, not sure of what would come next but sensing it was something serious.

“I know you know that I love you--” Spike’s hand stilled on her back--“so why try to convince me otherwise, especially since you tried so hard for years to get me to admit it?”

Spike wasn’t quite sure what to say at first. Her saying that she loves him again momentarily removed all other thoughts from his head. He knew she meant it, despite what he had said. It had been the hardest thing Spike had ever had to do: to say those words at the end...or what he had thought was the end. It took him a few more moments to figure out the best way to explain this. A couple minutes ticked by before he finally manages to say anything.

“I could never do that to you: make you love me and then leave. I’m not one of those guys. I knew that I was going to die that day no matter what and I didn't want you to go through that pain of having loved and lost again like those other wankers did. I couldn't bear for you to be in that much pain, especially if I was the cause of it. So yeah, I'd much rather have you think that you didn't love me at all than to let yourself know it and then lose it so quickly.” Spike's speech came out slowly, never meeting her gaze as he was talking, not wanting to see what her eyes might hold.

Buffy surprised him by flinging her arms around his neck and kissing him soundly.

Well this is a good sign, Spike thought. He brought his arms around her to hold her to him, returning her kiss with just as much passion as she was giving him. Their make-out session grew less intense and much more affectionate and loving as it progressed. Both pouring their hearts out to each other through their connection.

It was quite a while before they finally broke apart and even then it was only because they both heard a gasp coming from the, once again, open door of Spike’s room.

In the doorway stood a dumbstruck Angel, holding up Buffy’s discarded lace bra, which he must have picked up out of curiosity before he noticed the entwined couple in the bed.


The End!

*Love it? Hate it? Let me know!*