Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who has posted reviews. I am sorry if my gramer and structure is a bit off. Have been trying to get one of my editors to fix it for me. If someone wants to help please let me know. I do my best sice most of my writing is at about 2am after school, work, and my husband are taken care of. Again thanks for the reviews...........................................Trinity

Disclaimers:
I obviously do not own or claim to own any of the people, places or events written for BTVS or Angel. I do own all original people, places, and events on this site. If I borrow from another writer I claim no ownership they own what I borrow and will have credit for it. I think that covers it.
Willow took the opportunity to talk with Spike. After okaying it with Buffy the two when for a coffee. Spike and Willow talked about what had been going on since his "Death" and Spike told her what he remembered and what it was like being a ghost. Willow reminded him of the Halloween that Ethan's spell turned her into a ghost. Then the talk turned to relationships.

Spike talked about Cecily and Dru and a little about Vampiric relations and the feelings he still had for Buffy. They talked about Willow's budding feelings for Elizabeth and how she could see what why he was so taken with Cecily. Spike just laughed and said, "She looks like her but it was beyond looks, pet. I have always had a thing for a girl with spirit. Come to think of it that is why Dru and I never made sense. I love Buffy so much, because she believes in me and needs me and not in a dependant way. For the first time in my life or unlife I found my match. We have a lot in common as far as interest, I don't have to hold back when we spar, and her sense of humor is sharper than any sword. We both feel things intensely and I have work so close with her we move like one being when need be without saying a word." His blue eyes had unfocused and starred off into the distance as memories played before his eyes.

Willow looked at him in awe. She giggled to herself when she thought *this is the longest time I have ever seen him sit still* Spike asked Willow about Kennedy. Willow sighed and simple said, "Too young, stubborn, and strong willed. Too much like Faith." They both started giggling Spike looked at her and said, "I know what you mean Red." They finally returned to the School.

They found out the problem in LA had to due with a Slayer, Dana, that was in an institution when she was called by the spell. She had been tortured as young child and was not mentally sound enough to deal with the dreams that came with being a potential and then the call came and the confused girl suddenly had super strength. Gunn and Wesley where almost too late to save Angel. If he had not been a Vampire he would have been dead. They had captured her, sedated her and where shipping her back to the school where she could get real help.

The next evening Spike and Buffy went for a walk in an old graveyard near by. They sat there talking until the both suddenly stopped. They exchanged looks as they both sensed someone enter the graveyard. Spike smelled her and told Buffy it was Dru and maybe ten minions. Spike said most of them smelled young many new fledglings. Buffy past him a stake as they both stood to face Drusilla. "See back but not my William. Smells like Daddy. Do you taste like Slayer? World is done with Princess. William make me sleep my childe, my love, blood of my blood.", Drusilla said in a sing song voice while emitting a odd purring noise. Buffy stared in shock as the words in her dream came back to her.

Spike looked at the creature in front of him. The woman he had been with for almost two centuries. With an exasperated look Spike said, "Dru if you wish to sleep go out side and watch the sun come up, Attack a Slayer, lay on a cross, bathe in holy water, just do not ask me to do this." Dru keep purring. One of the minions stepped up. He was older and looked to be a well trained lap dog to Dru, "Master" the vampire stated showing reverence to Spike then continued, "Master, Mistress says you must put her to rest. She said it is a last test; she must thank her companion and help him live again. Mistress had a vision said the world was done with her and all is ash. She was warned that if Master fails all is lost and fights like the one with The First will follow all your days." Spike knew what the vampire was saying was true and he must do this.

He looked at Buffy and said, "I have to be a Vampire now. I am bound by blood to do as she asks. Remember I love you more than my unlife." he shook his head and said, "You should not be seeing this. What ever happens do not interfere and do not leave. You are in no danger and I will answer all you questions when I can. I love you" Then he kissed her lips and left her to watch this rarely used ritual. Spike went into his demon face and made a odd noise all the vampire responded with a similar noise but on a different note.

He looked at Drusilla with a tenderness in his eyes and shed a tear, "Is this how it must be Dru?" he questioned. Dru's purr changed slightly as she exposed her neck to Spike in a show of submission. Tears streamed down his face as he sank his fangs into her neck and drank. He heard storied about this but most Vampires with a death wish found a Slayer to due the job. He had been warned by the stories to never take the last drop or you could go through odd changes. Spike dismissed that thought as he drank in the last drop of Drusilla and staked her in the heart.

The minions then surrounded the one they would now call Master. Following Spike's lead they all let out a howl that would wake the dead and it broke Buffy's heart to hear it. She worried a bit after seeing this. Spike had only loved a few women in his life and two in his unlife. His mother had keep secrets from him and made him destroy her when she was turned. Cecily had lied to him and pushed him away for selfish reasons. Drusilla had depended on him but never really loved him the way he had loved her. Even now she asked him to do the hardest thing he could do, kill her. Buffy though of how she would feel if she had to kill Angel again. New tears sprang forth and she prayed that she would never hurt Spike emotional again.

Spikes howl of pain turned to rage. Before anyone could blink he had dusted every other vampire in the graveyard. Buffy was a bit frightened. She had never seen him move so fast before. Still in game face he charged at Buffy. Not sure what to do she dropped into a defensive stance. Spike stopped three feet away and sniffed the air, slowly walking to Buffy. He then dropped to his knees, put his arms around her waist and hugged her to him. Rain fell from the sky like the heavens were crying as Spike began to sob, so great were his emotions that great tremors racked his body as he cry. Buffy slid down to the ground and put his head in her lap as she gentle caressed his cheek. She watched as his human mask slipped on to his face as he calmed.

Soon they stood, Spike's emotions were weighing on him making it hard to move, and Buffy helped him make it back to their room. Almost before the door even closed Spike's mood had changed. He slammed her against the door assaulting her mouth with his own not caring about anything in that moment, but satisfying the need to be deep inside Buffy, feeling her around him holding him. Spike shredded their clothing in his haste to feel skin on skin. His mouth never left her lips as he lifted her against the door and rammed into her body roughly slamming her into the door with each thrust. She knew she would have hand shaped bruises on her hips where he gripped them, his nails dug into her soft flesh cutting deep. With in moments he tore his mouth away and bit into her shoulder as he brought them both to a violent climax that left them shaking. Taking in an unneeded breath Spike picked Buffy up and laid them on the bed. They lay there for hours as Spike cried. Buffy turned things over and over in her mind. She did not quite understand what had happened, but she knew something was about to change.

Willow and Elizabeth sat watching the moonrise. The blood moon would be here soon. Both women were worried. Spike awoke to find himself lying on top of Buffy. He removed his fangs from her neck and found he was still intimately connected to her. He carefully withdrew from her as to not awaken her. After a few seconds his head cleared and panic shot through him. He reached over and put a hand on her pulse point as he listened to the rhythm of her heart and heard the soft sounds of her breathing. He trembled as relief shot through him and shivered at the thought of what he could have done to her.

He pulled a cigarette from his pack on the nightstand, flicked his lighter, took a long drag, and then looked down at Buffy a sleep in the bed. He was not sure what all had happened. Drusilla asked him to kill her; he kissed Buffy and told her he loved her. The rest is a bit of a blur, like watching a movie through a window in the rain. He looked at her again and picked up the phone. He called room service to get Buffy some food and then took and unneeded breath and called the school. "Watcher I need to talk", was all he said when Giles answered the phone. They set up the time and place to meet and Spike hung up the phone.

There was a knock at the door signaling the food wad there so Spike pulled on a pair of sweet pants and opened the door. Instead of food he found Angel at the door looking very tired and worried. Spike threw his arms around the older vampire, who was the only father he had ever known. Angel was stunned but took his Childe in his arms and comforted him. After a moment Angel spoke so only Spike could hear, "Spike, we should go inside people are starting to stare." Angel looked at the boy who had brought the food from room service. He tipped the boy and simply said and simple said they had a death in the family, which was true. Angel brought the service table into the room as he followed Spike.

Once the door was closed the smell of sex and blood hit him. He looked over at Spike and then he saw Buffy on the bed. Spike has covered her with the coverlet on the bed. Angel looked back at Spike with an unspoken question on his lips. Spike ran a hand through his hair and spoke in a manner Angel remembered only hearing once before when Spike had staked his mother. "She's fine, some rest, some food, and some explanations she will be FINE!" he said and under his nonexistent breath the added "I hope". He looked up at Angel as tears started to fall and through them he said, "If she was not a Slayer she would have died! I don't know why she let me " his words were chocked off as fresh tears began to fall. Angel held him in his arms and comforted him and whispered, "Because she loves you". After a while Spike stood pulled himself together and took a shower leaving Angel sitting with his own thoughts.

Once he had showered and dressed he told Angel he had to go talk to the watcher and asked him to answer Buffy's questions. Angel pressed a paper bag into Spike hand and said he would take care of it. Spike closed the door and opened the bag to find a few hospital blood bags inside. He found a dark corner and consumed the contents before disposing of the bags and continuing on his way.

Buffy awoke to find Spike gone and Angel watching her. She pulled the cover tighter around her and looked at Angel. Before she could ask he told her Spike had to go out for a while and would be fine, but they needed to talk. "Let me get dressed first." she waited then added "close your eyes." Angel tensed a little remembering when the last time she asked him to do just that. He finally closed his eyes and listened as she rose from the bed, opened a drawer and the he heard the bathroom door close.

He opened his eyes again and waited. Closing his eyes had not helped because he still smelled her and his mind flashed images of her making love to him at only sixteen. When Buffy came out of the bathroom freshly showered and dressed in a loose tee shirt and jogging pants. Her hair was in a loose ponytail and made her look about fourteen years old instead of the woman who was now over twenty in age and eons beyond that in maturity and wisdom. The slight wrinkling around her eyes and the look in her eye was the only thing that gave her age away. It was a testament to all she had been through, which was more than anyone deserved to be put through in one life time and most of the worst parts were do to him. This only added to his guilt.

As if reading his thoughts she came and sat by him and took his hand. "Angel you forgave me for sending you to hell and I don’t want you to feel guilty over what Angelus did. It was not you and you did not know about the happy clause or you would not have let me be with you and would have left me sooner. It's okay. We both survived. We both moved on." Buffy said as she looked into his dark brown eyes "I need to ask your forgiveness for what happened before the final battle with The First. It was wrong of me to kiss you like that. I was fighting myself at the time and fighting the fact that I was in love with Spike before he had a soul and I was feeling guilty over the way I used and abused him. It is not an excuse for turning to you though. I will always love you and you will be my first, but Spike is my equal and he balances me. We fight because we love each other even though our head tells us it is not right. I am very sorry!".

He knew she was right but it still was not easy to let go of the past. He nodded his head then asked Buffy what happened. She told him what she saw and as much as she could about what had happened when they got back to the room. Angel took an unneeded breath. Buffy had been a Slayer for many years and knew more about Vampires and other creatures than most Watchers. Loving two of them gave her even more knowledge of them. She was the only Slayer in known Watcher history to live to be over twenty, she was the first to work with or fall in love with a vampire, she was the first to have friends and a life around slaying and the fact that she never really hid her slaying from everyone all contributed to who she was and to her success. Angel began to explain to her about Vampire relationships and ended up only filling in the blanks for her. He told her a little about rituals done in the family. He only told her as much as he felt she needed to know and only elaborated when she asked. As far as Angel knew no human had ever see, taken part in or known about many of these rituals unless they were the main focus for sacrifice or feeding.

Buffy took all the information in then turned to Angel and asked a question that left him staring at her in astonishment, fear, jealousy and love. Angel told her most vampires have very active sex lives within and with out the family, but occasionally two would declare one another as a mate and keep only to their mate and their sire. The sires mostly use sex to control their childe and to retain dominance over them. Buffy asked if Spike had ever been claimed and if it would be possible for her to claim him. At first Angel did not know what to do or say but then he reluctantly told her how it could be done.

Spike set down with Giles. He told the former watch what had happened the night before and explained anything he had questions about. Spike did not tell him anything about what he had done to Buffy in his grief: when he was done he asked Giles to do him a favor then turned to leave. Spike then felt a hand on his arm and turned to look at a man who once hated anything not human, a man who Spike had come to highly respect and the one whom he went to when he could not or would not talk to Angel. Giles pulled Spike into him arms unknowingly showing great trust in the vampire by exposing his neck in the embrace. Giles spoke softly to Spike saying, "You will have what you requested soon." then Giles release Spike enough to look into his eyes as he spoke to him again, "Take care of yourself and Buffy. Remember I am here for you both and love each of you like my own." With that Giles left the stunned vampire standing there with his mouth open.

Spike turned to walk back to the hotel. He stopped outside the doorway and looked at the sky. The night was bright and clear despite it being a new moon. The stars were breath taking. *The only thing more beautiful is Buffy* Spike thought as he opened the door. Spike shut the door and turned just as Buffy punched him across the jaw. He was not prepared and did not see the second punch that hit his other cheek just before she kicked him across the room. Spike was not sure what her problem was. He quickly assessed the situation and determined to get back out the door and away from her so someone else could ask her what was wrong.

With that in mind he got in a defensive stance and tried to get past Buffy to the door without hurting either one of them. Every time she would kick him across the room again. She never advanced just keep him from the door. For a moment he wondered if SHE had lost HER soul. He tried once more and she caught him on the back of the head, then his world went dark. When he regained consciousness he found himself chained to the bed face down nude. When he moved he felt a sharp pain as something hit him on his back and across one cheek of his ass. He turned his head to see Buffy holding a whip. She cracked it over him again and again never saying a word. Spike felt his heart breaking and wondered what had happened while he was gone. He finally passed out from the pain and blood lost.

He awoke again feeling very drained and hungry. He thought he was loosing his mind, he knew if he did not feed soon he would loose control over his demon. Spike felt the restraints on his legs being loosened and he was turned to lie on his back. Buffy then retied the leg restraints. Buffy then climbed up his body pausing to bite him here and there drawing blood. When he groaned in pleasure she slapped him hard cutting his lip. His demon surfaced and snarled at her. Spike tried hard to control it, he was afraid he would hurt her maybe kill her if he could not get control. Spike lost the fight when Buffy sunk down impaling herself on him. When he regained some control Buffy was laying on top of him her head on his chest. He found himself still buried deep inside her. Spike blinked as his mind tried to grasp what was happening. Buffy lifted her head as she lifted herself up and slid back down on him. Spike looked up into her eyes trying to find out what was wrong. He was shaken to the core when she said "Mine" as she pushed up and slid back down again. She said it over and over as she rode him until the both flew over the edge into a blinding orgasm.

The door to the bedroom opened and Angel came in. He took off his cloths, untied Spike and climbed into the bed with him and Buffy. Spike was still in shock. He now knew what was going on but he could not believe it was happening. Buffy could not really be claiming him as her mate, could she? Spike, Buffy and Angel continued the ritual. Angel pulled Spike to him on the bed and let out a low growl. Spike submitted to his Grandsire. Angel and Spike renewed their bond as sire and childe. Angel bit into Spike’s neck causing them both to orgasm. Angel growled at Spike and said “MINE” before using a sharp claw like nail to carve a mark over the bite he had given Spike. The mark showed what clan he belonged to and that he was the favored child of the Master of the clan. Then Angel Pointed to Buffy, “What was once mine, I give to my Childe. Claim your mate”. Spike then made love to Buffy and marked her in much the same way using his own claw. All who saw this mark would know she was mate to Spike, favorite childe of Angelus. To vampires this marked Spike as the prince of the clan and Buffy his princess. The three finally fell asleep Spike in between.