Author's Chapter Notes:
none of this has been beta'd. If some one would like to do the honor let me know.
William and Buffy took turns showering and getting dressed for the day. He decided to show her the sites, what little of them there were. They were going to spend the day together, in the sunshine, on a date. He even planned on dinner and maybe a movie before a late patrol. Oddly enough it just seemed the right way for them to end a date, killing something together. Duncan told Xander he needed to go talk with Joe. Xander set about a vigorous workout he hoped would take up most of his day.

William and Buffy walked along the boardwalk hand in hand. As they stood at the waters edge he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheek. For a moment she remembered her dream after she sent Angel to hell.

She shivered and stepped back into his embrace more. As if reading her mind he spoke, “This is no dream Luv and I’m not him. Would never hurt you. Even without my soul it was just that time and I stopped. It still haunts me you know even after all this time.” His voice was chocked with tears.

Buffy turned to face him and kissed him gentle before pulling away and saying, “The past will always be with us and memories will always haunt us. But we are starting over and that is all they are, memories and bad dreams. I had a mixed up Slayer dream after I sent Angel to Hell. I was on the beach like this and he came behind me. I asked how he found me and he said he would always find me. Nothing could stop him even if I killed him. I think is was two dreams mixed. Telling me of Angels return and of this.

It’s you not Angel that is always there. You always find me. Angel was a teenagers fairytale prince, but that wasn’t the real him. You are the only one who has always been my equal. You treated me as such. You had my back as a partner not protector. You see me. Not Good little Buffy , not the Slayer, but me.

You are part of my soul. My soul mate. This bite on my neck is yours. You erased all the others that night I asked you to. You know even now vampires run when they sense this mark. They all know you dusted yet they fear your ghost will return from Hell to claim them if they touch me. Some fear that more than my stake.” William puffed up with pride at what she said. *The change a few words can bring* she thought. “Maybe one day I will claim you as mate with more than my heart.” He whispered so low she did not hear him but snuggled against him more as her heart heard his words.
**********************************************************
Duncan sat at a table talking to Joe. “Joe I need your help on something. I need you to find everything you can on a vampire called William the bloody. He was sometimes called Spike or the Slayer of Slayers. I also need to know more about what a Slayer is and a group called the Watchers Council.” Duncan asked.

Joe looked worried, “Mac what is this about?” Duncan was silent for a moment then looked up as he felt another immortal enter. He relax when he saw Methos. Methos came in and joined them. “It’s just something I need to know. I’ll tell you more when I can. It concerns my new student William and a pre-immie. I will have them met with you when we know more and they can tell you what they will. He trusted me with some information but it is his place to tell us more.” Duncan said before turning to Methos.

“What brings you to Seacover old friend?” Duncan asked. “Heard you are fighting demons now Duncan? I also heard the Slayer was in town. I met a few of them in my time. I was hoping to met this one. I’ve heard a lot about her.” Methos said.

“Well Mac was just asking me about Slayers. Maybe you can enlighten us.” Joe asked. Methos thought for a moment, “Well I have came across a few Slayers. They all seem to be young girls. From what I gather there is only one at a time chosen to fight the demons. When that one dies another is chosen. I heard tell of them having Watchers who train them and help them from time to time. Most do not live more than three of five years at the most once they are chosen. Many are lucky to live out the first year.

This one has lasted over seven years. Her name is spoken is whispers or not at all. The good demons I have spoken with act like just saying her name or title will bring her down on them like the angel of death. Seems she has taken out some big time bads. Rumor has it she even survived the Slayer of Slayers. From what I have heard of him, he was not your typical vampire and saw them as a Challenge instead of a threat. It would be like and Immortal hunting for fights with the best of the best in the Game.

Some say he was suicidal. Most say he was as reckless and crazy as his counterpart was insane. They traveled for over fifty years with two other notorious vampires. The four were called the Scourge of Europe. They left a blood trail miles wide but no hunter could ever kill them. Seems this Slayer took out the Master of their line when she was just fifteen. She also faced off against the four at different times. She was rumored to have tamed the two males and been the death of one of the females.

Darla has sired Angelus who sired Drusilla who sired Spike. Drusilla is still at large somewhere as far as anyone know. Angelus was cursed with a soul twice. He killed Darla twice and Spike sought out his soul for the Slayer. Rumors say he was killed when the Hellmouth closed. Most of this is rumors and such from demons so I don’t know how much of it is true.” Methos finished.

Duncan sat back, “Joe find these Watchers. We may need their help to figure out what is going on. I would like you both to come by in the morning and meet my new student and his friend. We all have a lot to talk about.” With that Duncan left the two and returned to the Dojo wondering what he had gotten himself into.

********************************************************************
Buffy and William had a wonderful day wondering around Seacover. They decided on dinner and dancing instead of a movie. They ended up at a local club and headed for the dance floor. Buffy spotted a group of five male vampire in the mix and with one look William nodded and they went to work.

Buffy approached them, “Well, well what do we have here?” She said in a sexy voice. “You boys wana get out of here? I heard about this great party and I’m sooo board. I bet you guys know how to have some fun. Wana come?” She asked as she pressed against the oldest one. Not one of them was more that five years turned and a stupid fledge is a stupid fledge. She motioned for them to follow her and they did. Right out the back door into an alley. The alley had a brick wall at one end so the only way in or out was the building doors or the street.

She had not gotten far before she let them yank he back and surround her. “You should be careful who you invite to your parties little girl!” The leader whispered in her ear. William walked out of the mouth of the alley, “Is this a private party or can anyone join in the fun.” “Mind your own business dude. Don’t need no Billy Idol wana be crash’n the party.” One of the fledges said. “Goldilocks there just babies. Not one over five years. I thought we were going to party not have to dust diapers.” William quipped.

Buffy smiled, ”Well honey what if we do this without weapons? Will that be more of a challenge for you?” The Vampires looked confused. William walked more into the alley, “Did your sires not teach you anything? Smell her. See the mark. Look at me. Any clues yet?” William said taking on a more threatening pose. The leader sniffed Buffy and she turned her head to show him the mark. He released her and stepped back looking at the man in the black leather coat and bleached hair, “Master Spike, I did not know. We heard you were dust.”

William smirked, ”I got better. You go tell your Sire that Seacover is mine. Vamps found feeding on humans will be dusted. The rest of you. Meet the Slayer.” In seconds Buffy had twisted the heads off the four vamps as the one fled for his life. Buffy pouted “You took all the fun out of it.” “You were amazing. I have never seen you move that fast before. Something is different about you.” William said in awe.

Buffy shrugged, “Just your typical Master Slayer” She said and walked past him to the mouth of the alley. “Any good graveyards around here?” She asked over her shoulder as if nothing had happened.

It only took seconds for William to join her, “Buffy what do you mean Master Slayer?” Buffy sighed, “Well the demon that was used to create the first Slayer was kindred to the one who started the Vampire race. When the other Slayers where activated a social system naturally developed like with vampires. I an the oldest and most experienced so I am the Master. Faith is under me and those who survived the hellmouth are next under her. The rest are just fledges.

We have a primal control over they younger and weaker of our kind. We train then, teach them and make them our family. Most are little more than minions but some have what it takes to be almost childer. We do not Sire new Slayers like a vamp would but we exchange oaths that bind our demons to each other and create a similar bond. Faith has taken two as Childer and some of the others from Sunnydale did too. I have not. I feel as the head of the clan to do so would create discord and show favoritism.

They have been able to form soul bonds with their Watchers as well. A Slayer picks a Watcher much like that show where you go on a date with five people and slowly eliminate the candidates until you have one. The new Watchers line up and any one the Slayer feels a pull toward get to spend time with them until a match is found. They then work together both learning and training as a pair.

When they are ready they bond and are ready to be sent on assignments. Anywhere we hear of high activity or any place with a hellmouth we send the girls. Hellmouths are assigned a team of nine girls who take turns on patrols and help each other on big stuff. The groups train together before going to make sure they are all compatible. They form their own clan so to speak.

Trouble spots get six and average areas get three. No Slayer is ever alone any more. They can live somewhat normal lives and know their sisters are there when they need them. Some of the girls are more adept at research or magic. The groups tend to have at least one mage, one demonologist, and one fighter. Groups of six have two and groups of nine have three. Masters check in on them from time to time. We got a lot started in the last year.” William just looked at her in amazement.

William felt a buzz of another immortal. Buffy to felt something following them. * Just what I need a duel* William thought as he pulled Buffy beside him. They had been on their way to a graveyard where William had found a new nest. They stopped near a building and William pressed Buffy against the wall. They looked like a couple making out and they were, except for the fact that it was an actual sword Buffy was reaching for. As they felt him approach William turned towards him. To their surprise he was a she. William smiled and put his sword out of sight. The woman walked up and hugged him.

“William, what are you doing out at this time of evening alone?” the woman said knowing that Buffy was with him and had heard her. William heard what could only be described as a growl coming from Buffy. “Don’t be rude Amanda.” He admonished as he stepped back to Buffy and put his arm around her. Buffy shrugged his arm off her shoulder letting him know she was not pleased, then stepped between him and this woman. Amanda got the silent message. Get to him go through her. She almost chuckled.

William leaned forward to whisper in Buffy’s ear, “Down Slayer, Duncan would be mad if you harm his Mate.” It took mere second before Buffy realized what he had said and relaxed a bit. “His Mate needs to learn to leave mine alone” Buffy hissed at William. Amanda still looked amused, but Spike could not believe what she had just said. He turned her around to look at him, “Say that again Slayer” He challenged.

Buffy grinned and William noticed her eyes were a lot greener than normal, almost gold. “Spike was claimed by the Slayer a long time ago William. You are MINE!” She said in a voice that was so sweet yet it held a threat as well. She was testing to see if he would challenge her claim. “Yes I am yours as you are MINE also” he answered. William smirked back at her, “Soon we will do that the right way Luv.” He promised before turning back to Amanda who had been forgotten as she watched the pair.

“As you know I’m Amanda. From the way William is acting you had best be Buffy or we will both have to kick his arse.” Amanda said laughing as she held out her hand to Buffy. William rolled his eyes. “I think I may like her after all. Thanks for not making me kill you. So how long have you known my William?” Buffy as she and Amanda walked off leaving William to follow. The two acted like old girlfriends. As if one had not been threatening the other just moments before. William shook his head and thought*Women*. The trio headed back to the dojo.


Xander had been working out most of the day. When he took a break he decided to read more from the books Joe had gotten them. He was reading about the scourge of Europe when Duncan came back with Adam. “Studying on a weekend?” Adam asked with a smirk. “Always know the enemy” Xander replied, “To what do we own the pleasure of your company Adam?” “Adam is going to be staying with us for a while. Joe is coming over to meet Buffy in the morning. Have the love bird returned yet?” Duncan asked.

Xander rolled his eyes as he closed the book. He was about to answer when the door opened and the couple in question came in. William was still following the girls who had become fast friends. “Duncan” Amanda greeted him with a kiss before turning to Adam and waving hello. “William, Buffy…Allow me to introduce you to Adam Pierson. An old friend of mine. He’s also with our Watchers. He has been researching Methos, the oldest known among us.” Duncan said as William and Buffy shook hands with Adam.

Buffy had an odd look on her face as she felt something was odd about Adam. He was an immortal of some age. She did not say anything as she felt that not all were allowed to know this. She also felt a magic around him that she assumed was to help mask him from other immortals. William felt like he had met this man before, “You remind me of someone I meet once.” He almost whispered as he took Adams hand. “{That we can speak of later} I have a familiar face.” Adam said. The first he had said in Gaelic knowing William would understand.

“Adam will be staying with us for a few days. Joe is coming in the morning and wishes to meet with you and Buffy if that is okay. He is head of our area council.” William looked at Buffy, “That’s fine Duncan. If you don’t mind we are going to head to bed. It’s been a long day and I want to rest a bit before William and I go out on patrol. We plan to head out about two and attack a nest if your up for it.” Buffy said with a smile. “Let’s party” Xander answered. The rest nodded. “Cool, will meet here at one thirty get a plan and head out. See ya.” Buffy said as she took William’s hand and headed for their room. Adam looked at Duncan, “Is she always like that?” he asked. “I like her. Reminds me of someone. Come on Duncan.” Amanda said taking Duncan’s hand and heading up to their room. Duncan just smiled at the two men as he followed his girlfriend. Adam and Xander looked at one another. “So what were you reading” Adam asked.


One thirty Buffy was standing at the table looking over her weapons. She and William went to get her stuff from her hotel while they were out. She picked a few of her weapons and was now putting them on her person. Xander watched in amazement as she hid various weapons. “I wasn’t that well outfitted when I was undercover in Russia. You plan’n to take out a nest or declare war on the demon population.” He asked with his best bad boy smirk. Buffy almost laughed at him trying to act like the big bad. He still had nothing on William who walk in just in time to answer him, “That’s what a Slayer is mate.” William wrapped an arm around Buffy’s waist and kissed her neck, “From the time she was called the demon population has sought her death. She couldn’t do anything but declare war. Especially living on a hellmouth. She has dealt with some of the worst of the worst. I’m just glade I got to be there with her through most of it.” William said with a smile. “Even when we were trying to kill each other?” Buffy asked forgetting Xander did not know who William had been. “Oh Love you know how much I loved Dance’n with you. The only Slayer I couldn’t kill. Your why I’m the man I am today” William said.

Xander had watched to two and started to wonder. He had just read about William the Bloody. As he looked at William an idea formed in his head. He quickly dismissed the thought as ludicrous, but it stayed in the back of his mind. The others appeared about that time and Buffy got down to business.

“Okay the graveyard has entrances here and here. The crypt is here. I don’t know about Adam and Amanda but I have seen what William, Xander and Duncan can do.” Buffy started. “They can hold their own” Duncan said with a look that told Buffy all she needed to know. “Okay we work in teams. Adam, William and me will be team one, Xander, Duncan, and Amanda team two. Team two will go in make a sweep and watch for party crashers. Team one will enter the crypt and take out the nest. Any question?” Buffy asked. Adam, Duncan and Amanda were impressed and had questions but no one voiced them. Xander knew an order from a competent leader when he heard one and again thought William was a lucky bastard. Buffy nodded, “Okay then lets go. It’s not to far so on foot if no one objects.” They all pickup up their swords and a few stakes and headed out.

Team two moved in and took out a few vamps returning from their evening meals. Team one entered the crypt to find fifteen vamps getting ready for sunrise. One of the vamps recognized the Slayer, a few others felt Spike’s mark on her, and a few recognized the formally undead prince himself. The ones who didn’t know either attacked. The fight was on. William dusted a few and was fighting his fourth, Adam was on his third and Buffy had dusted six and was walking toward the ones cowering in the corner. They looked at William as he finished the vamp he was fighting. The couple in the corner cried out, “Master Spike please don’t let her kill us. Sire please” they pleaded. The three demon hunters stopped. William walked over to them, “Who are you to call me Sire?” he asked.
“Master we are of your line. Before you and your queen went to the hellmouth. We were only here for the protection from the dawn. We have not been hunting I swear. I am Henry and this is my mate Dana. We were sired just before the mistress was hurt. We came here looking for you. We seek only familiar bonds with our line I swear.” Henry was eyeing the other two as he spoke to William. “Henry how have you survived if you do not hunt?” William asked in a deadly tone. “Please Sire, we take bagged blood or we work at the dens.” Dana said with her eyes on the floor afraid to look upon them especially Adam. “Dana I know you? Who am I? Why do you not look upon my face or ask me for you life?” Adam asked. “Who am I to ask such a thing of the pale rider? We plead with our Sire. The Slayer is death to our kind and you are Death to all. I would see a sun rise again before looking upon your face.” Dana said in whispers. Buffy looked at Adam who mouthed ‘later’ to her. “If you seek Aurelians then seek no further. If you swear by me, keep bagging you blood and do my biding I will seek to convince my companions to spare you.” William said. Without hesitation the couple pledged their lives to William.

William looked at Buffy, “As long as they do not hunt they can be useful. I will grant them a stay but the Slayer demands the rights of a Master. It must be shown before she will consent.” Buffy stated matter of factly. They turned to Adam, “I am known as Death who rides the pale horse. I am one of the four. I am also called Methos. This we will discus later. I leave this decision to the Masters.” Adam said before stepping into the back ground.

“Slayer no disrespect to our Sire but why should we treat you as a Master?” Henry asked knowing it could all be over soon one way or another. Buffy let her slayer through now that Methos had been reveled.”She is my Mate.” Spike said. Buffy put a hand on his arm before speaking. “Look at me childe and be my childer. ”Buffy said. Henry looked into her demon like eyes and saw her fangs. He gasp for unneeded breath as he looked upon The Slayer. He saw the Slayer demon, he felt the presence of a very powerful very old master and he submitted to that power and to the fact that she was his Sire’s mate.

Methos was a bit surprised when the vamps swore loyalty to her as they did William. Buffy instructed each to give their wrist. They did and she bit them. She offered hers in return and William almost dusted them then but a sound of warning from Buffy stopped him. Once the blood was shared Buffy turned to the two, “I claim you as mine. Your live are mine to keep or throw away. Honor your oath to me my childer and I will keep this to you, No Vampire nor Slayer will harm you while you carry my mark. Our bond is stronger than that of Sire and Chile so I will know if you disobey me and you can dust with a word.” “Yes Mistress” the couple said. “If you wish you may stay here for the night. I will look for a better place for you. You will come when I call. The bond is better than a telephone. We must join the rest of the pack on the hunt now. Be well my Childer.” Buffy said as the couple hid from sight. Team one left the building.

Team two had been worried and waiting outside. Xander had tried to go in several time but Duncan would not allow it. Buffy looked up at them and waited Xander finally understood and said they had killed six. He seemed proud of that until Buffy retorted with thirteen and gained two minions. Duncan was the only person on team two who seemed to understand. The two teams returned to the dojo for some much needed rest before the meetings and questions later that morning.