Author's Chapter Notes:
as always I own nothing but the original people places and things in the story
Chapter4 meetings
The Scoobies arrived at Joe’s bar, where they are introduced to Xander, Duncan, Adam and Amanda. They all found seat around the bar and Adam helped Joe and Duncan get drinks for everyone.

Duncan laughed as Joe brought out a fried onion blossom and hot wings. “Joe I hope you have more of these. They are William’s favorite and he will want a plate of each for himself. Last time we cooked hot wings I nearly lost a hand reaching for the last of them.” Duncan laughed at the shocked faces on most of the Scoobies.

X just shook his head, “Stopped at a bar one night and he almost took my head for touching his onion.” He chuckled. Xander looked around and looked at Willow. There was sadness in her eyes as she reminded him softly, “Remember when we bought them for Spike ‘cause he threatened to have us killed if we didn’t?”

Xander laughed quietly, “Yeah I had to bring them home from the bronze when he lived in the closet.” The rest of the Scoobies looked as if they understood but the others had questions in their eyes that they would be asking the blond later.

About fifteen minutes later Buffy and William arrived. Everyone rushed to hug Buffy. Telling her how much they missed her and were worried about her.

William stepped back and let them say hello to her. “Oh dear Lord!” Giles exclaimed when he saw finally saw William standing by the door. Willow and Dawn surprised him by rushing up and hugging him, Xander stood there looking like a fish out of water and Faith tossed him a “hey” and a wink.

“Spike, I so knew you would be back.” ”Wow is that a heartbeat?” “He’s all warm.” “I’m gona kill you for not telling us.” “I can’t believe your back so much has happened.” “I missed you”; “I love you.” Willow and Dawn babbled until William put a hand over both of their mouths.

“Willow, Dawn stop. We can talk about this later. Nibblet, I’m sorry I did not come see you but I had a lot to do first. Red, you will have plenty of time to start research and try and figure out why I’m back and why I’m like I am. I have missed you all and I love you guys but let’s sit down and finish this talk in a calmer manner and its William now. Spike died in the hellmouth.” With that William let them go and returned to Buffy.

He was even more surprised when Xander offered him his hand. He shook his hand and they nodded at one another. They had reached an understanding the way only guys can. William looked a Buffy and saw tears in her eyes.

He was trying not to cry himself, but when Giles turned him around and hugged him whispering, “Good to have you back. Told you that you had a higher calling” William could not keep back the tears. Buffy came over to the two and joined on the hug, until Duncan cleared his throat. They three smiled sheepishly and took their seats.

They talked the rest of the afternoon and made plans to meet back at the dojo the nest day to start research. Buffy and Faith took a walk to discuss thing. Buffy told her about taking the vampires as childer. Faith told her about Angel.

“Shit. I knew we would have to face him again sooner or later but I was hoping it would be later. I really don’t need him starting with the clan shit. Tell him you talked to me and I want him to go home. Things are handled here and have nothing to do with the Aurelians. Tell him I will contact him sometime with in the next month for a meet.” Buffy said before looking up again her eyes changing color as the Slayer came forth.

“Make sure he knows how bad it would be to stay here.” She growled. Faith smiled her eyes the same color as Buffy’s, “Were five by five sista girl” Faith said as they returned to the others. William looked at Buffy when they entered a small nod to each other said they would talk later. Everyone broke up for the night and went to the rooms for the night.

When Buffy and William got into their room she broke down. William held her in his arms as she cried. Finally she calmed and looked up at him. When she saw the love he felt for her shining clearly in his eyes, she sighed and told him about Angel. They talked for hours about how to handle him. They both loved him still but as a distant relative. He would always be family but they did not want him to try and come play Daddy. A plan was made and they finally sleep knowing they had work to do the next day.

Once back at the hotel Faith sought out Angel for a little chat. Her Slayer was looking forward to the encounter. She found him in they lobby waiting for them to return. He smelt Buffy on them and someone else familiar but he could not place the sent. “Angel, let’s walk,” Faith growled before walking into the night knowing he would follow her.

Angel was confused to feel the presence of a powerful Master about. He started to warn Faith when he looked up and saw her Slayer. “Angel honey, close your mouth you look like a fish. I have a message from my Master. Leave Seacouver to the Slayer and her Mate. She will contact you at your offices in less than a month.” Faith purred around her fangs. “What are you? What Master? Faith look at yourself you’re a demon.” Angel said trying to figure out what was going on while his demon was telling him to submit and get the hell out of there.

Faith smiled, ”No Angel you are a demon I am a Master Slayer. Listen to your demon Angel. Angelus is behaving smarter than you in this matter. This is no time or place for you to be the white knight. My Master asked me to give you this warning. We both know you won’t listen. Try and think of Seacouver as the new Sunnydale, Slayers have it covered. Oh and Angel….if you run into others that feel like me be careful. Not all the Slayers know what you look like and might kill you by mistake. To be safe just stay in LA and we will stay out unless it’s a prearranged visit. Night Ang.” Faith walked back to the hotel leaving a confused vampire standing behind her.

The next morning they all set around a table at Duncan’s dojo and started research on Buffy and William. Joe was impressed not only with they precision shown by the team but the resources they had as well.

Willow set up her laptop and connected to the Watcher Council library. Once on she searched the prophecy database and sent an email to the research groups to get them started looking. Things were set in motion so she grabbed a book with the rest of the group and began reading.

Mean while Duncan, Amanda, Methos, X, William and Buffy trained. Giles and Joe excused themselves to watch the sparing for a bit. They expected the younger immortals to face off against the older ones. They were surprised when the first division was Duncan, Amanda and X on one side and William, Buffy and Methos on the other. Giles did not know why this confused Joe.

They decided to pare off for the first spar match. X took William; Amanda took Buffy; Duncan and Methos just smiled at each other before getting into fighting stance.

To the watchers’ surprise they all seemed evenly matched. When they called a halt Amanda looked at Buffy, “You held back didn’t you?” Buffy grinned, “I spared with you as I would any other human with your skills. I still used my agility and speed, just half force on my strength.” Buffy answered. Amanda rubbed a spot on her arm that would be bruised for a bit and mumbled, “I hate to feel full strength.” Buffy laughed causing Amanda to look up at her in shock. Buffy tapped her ear before walking to her towel. Amanda shook her head and did the same.

William pulled X to the side, “Is there a problem X?” he asked the young immortal. “Why would there be a problem?” X asked sarcastically as he looked over at Buffy.

“Look X, I thought we were becoming friends. I can try to explain Buffy and me to you but you’ll never get it, no one does. We have been through so much together. Angelus was the one who trained me to be a vampire; he was my father, my sire, my teacher…my Yoda. He met Buffy just after she was called as a Slayer. If he got past his jealously the he might be able to explain it in a way I cannot. The Slayer and I have changed so much since meeting each other that those who knew us before that time would not recognize us any more. It is much more than the physical changes we have gone through. It is the emotional and mental changes, it is the maturing of our souls. Funny to think that it took two hundred and some odd years to mature me into a twenty eight year old.” William said laughing.

X sighed, “It’s not just that. I guess it’s more me trying to find me. I realize that yes I am jealous of you. I’m trying to deal with it ‘cause it’s not your fault. You come in and you get the girl, your in with the old guys, you have all these new people. It’s just hard to find my place in all this. I’m so use to doing my own thing my own way. Some times I think I should just go back and try and forget any of this ever happened.”

William smiled, “But you can’t. You know what is out there and you can’t stand by and watch. You have to do what you can to stop it. It’s part of you X. It’s why you started the Xander Zone. Then you hunted evil humans. Now you can still do that and fight demons when needed. Maybe when Duncan thinks you’re ready to be on your own you can see about heading to LA. Angel has a investigation business there. They fight evil and help people. Besides the two of you already have something in common,” he said with a smile as he started to walk away.

X took the bate, “What’s that?” he asked. William’s smile turned into a smirk as he turned and he shrugged and simple said, “The girl Loves me!” he walked over to Buffy and kissed her while winking at a fuming Xander.

Buffy shook her head, “Was that necessary?” she asked. Her super hearing let her hear the whole conversation and he knew it. “Yes it was. Had to straighten him out. Besides I think him an Peaches would drive each other crazy. I might not be a vampire any more but I can still be a thorn in the old granddad’s side.” William said laughing.

Duncan and Methos had been watching the youngsters and just shook there heads. Amanda had this pleased smile on her face that made the men nervous, “Duncan what do you think about having Cassandra over for dinner?” Duncan looked pleadingly at Methos who just laughed. The three had settled their differences with Cassandra over the years and though they were not good friends they were close friends.

“Duncan can I speak with you a moment.” William asked. Duncan lead them into his office, “What is it William?” he asked. “Well, it’s Buffy. She…I mean I feel….If she dies again she will be an immortal like us right?” William asked worried blue eyes meeting understanding brown ones.

“Yes William, but you can not tell her. We must just keep her safe until it is time and help her as best we can after that. We still do not know if you two are like us or something different altogether. Maybe your purpose in being immortal is to show us our true destiny. We still have to figure out the prophecies. I mean some of them allude to a child but immortals cannot have children.”

“I’ll not say anything until we know more but I will tell her. I don’t like keeping things from my Mate and it’s not easy to do in the first place. If I was still a vampire it would be impossible with the connection we have.” William said pointedly.

Duncan nodded showing he understood. As they talked more Duncan told him the story of when he married the Kate. They got married in Ireland, when she was a pre-Immortal. On their wedding night he stabbed her to death thinking he was doing her a favor and giving her a gift of immortality, but once she became Immortal, she panicked and disappeared. Years later they ran into each other and she tried to kill him.

Angel had been laying low since Faith told him to leave. He was seeking information in the Demon bars when he heard two vampires telling the bartender that their Sire wanted to make sure they had a source for food and would set up an account to pay for the deliveries.

The bartender, who was much like Willy, agreed as long as they keep the Slayers away from his bar. The two agreed and left to go home. Angel knew they were Aurelian the moment he came in the bar. The whole way home the two cuddled and spoke softly to each other. Angel felt a bit cheated at how easy it was to follow them. He hoped they would lead him to this Sire of theirs.

Henry and Dana knew the moment the old Master entered who he was. Buffy and William had warned them about William’s Grandsire. They were on a mission and could not break from protocol. In less than a week their Masters had taught them so much. The planned how to handle their Elder as they walked. Once home they hoped their Sire would be able to handle it.

Buffy, William, and the Scoobies stayed at the house. Giles was worried about Henry and Dana at first until he realized they were devoted to William and Buffy much like Spike had been after he realized he was in love with Buffy. They all worked over at the Dojo trying to figure out the prophecies.

They had been at it all week. William and Buffy told the group to move out of the hotel and into the house. Methos was also staying with them. They had just finished moving things over. When William sent the vampire out to secure a blood delivery.

Buffy looked up at William and Methos, “They’re back, and not alone” Buffy said as she paused for a moment, “Angel is following them. Let have some fun. Everyone to the back of the house. Willow turn on the security cameras we might want to keep this for later.”

When everyone left Buffy grabbed William and kissed him hard. “Buffy Luv now is not the time” William growled as he pulled back from her. Buffy smile, “I wanted to get our heartbeats really loud. You think you can fake fear good enough for him to try the white knight routine???” William smiled and kissed her.

Angel saw the two headed for the house. He could hear the heartbeats of two people in the house. Stupid fledges keep their food in the front rooms. Images of them hung on the walls filled his mind. He was so focused on what he saw as a threat he was not thinking clearly. He saw the two go in the house and for a moment his demon relished the fear he felt from inside.

Then he recognized the presence of an old Master. He was confused by what his senses where telling him. His soul and demon were at odds. His heart said something was wrong but his mind said he needed to act to save the people inside. He rushed the door, but bounced off the invisible wall.

William could not help but bust out laughing. He stepped out the door. “Well, well….If it isn’t Grandpa come to pay us a visit.” He smirked. “Henry, Dana did you do as you where told?” William asked back into the house.

The two vampires nodded. They were a bit nervous, but Buffy smiled and let them know it was okay. They stepped out on to the porch with William. “Children meet your Great grandsire. Angelus this is Henry and Dana. They are mine and you will not touch them.” William snarled.

Angel looked up at him, “Well, boy how did you get back. Last I heard you died in the hellmouth.” Angel growled trying to play the big bad Sire. William laughed, “Spike died in the hellmouth and yes I’m back. Listen tell me what you can hear Peaches.”

Angel looked confused then he heard the heartbeat. “What? Human? How?” Angel practically spit the words. He was the one who was supposed to get the reward of his humanity. He had the prophecy that foretold the souled one would be alive again.

Buffy finally stepped out with her slayer demon full on, “Angel, I thought Faith would have made it clear you were to leave this situation alone. I am taking on the role of Master of the city and taking over the town.”

Henry and Dana automatically took a submissive position when the Slayer walked out, “Master may we go finish our duties” Henry asked. Angel was surprised to see the two vampires talking to Buffy and calling her Master, not Spike. “Yes childe you may go. I am very pleased with you. You did well tonight and showed me that you have learned much. Come, I have a reward for you before you go.”

With that Buffy’s fangs bit her wrist and she offered it first to Dana then Henry, “I renew my bond with you my Childer.” Buffy said as they each took a small amount of her blood. They were very happy to receive such a gift and knew they would have this reward even if the Elder were not there. Angel stood there with his mouth opened before gasping, “Buffy what have you become?”

Yellow green eyes looked over at her former lover, “Angelus knows. You should listen when your demon gives you warning. These are my childer and William is my mate. Listen to your demon Angel. Do not push me. You do not want to see what a Master Slayer can do, much less what The Master Slayer can do. Go home where you belong. You are needed in LA, not here. I will keep my Slayers out of your city if you go now. If not then you will have Master Slayers taking out the evil demon clans and you will be out of business.”

She paused and the Slayer receded, “I do this as a favor to you, as some one I still care for. You were a big part of my life and you will always have a part of my heart, but the rest of me belongs to my mate, my family, and my line. Do not fight me on this. I do not want to hurt you as the world still needs you, but if your stubbornness causes you to become a threat I will take you out.”

There was finality to her words as she turned to walk back into her home. She stopped for a moment and over her shoulder she said, “and if I have to kill you again you will NOT be coming back.”

Spike stood smirking at the enraged Angel for a moment before speaking in a very serious tone that had Angel worried, “Angel, I have seen the Master Slayer at work. Even I would not have tried to take her out in my most reckless days. Stay on her good side and do as she asked. When we know more about why I’m back we will contact you.”

”We might need to speak with Wesley and Fred anyway so we can figure out the prophecies about Buffy and myself.” William followed his mate inside and slowly closed the door. Angel was dumb struck at what he had heard. Reluctantly he sighed and made plans to return to LA.

Once there he would have Wes start their own investigation into not only how and why Spi….William was back and among the living but as to what the Slayer was and how dangerous the Master of their line can be. He desperately hoped it would not come down to a battle. He was not sure he could kill her as she had him, even to save the world.