Author's Chapter Notes:
Big thank you as always to my fabulous beta Gotkona.
This story won't be NC-17 to start off with as we have to set up the story if that's gonna be a problem for anyone don't read!
This is a story close to my heart i do hope you enjoy and obviously review!!!
Nominated in Best WIP at Fool For Love Awards
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



The club was packed for a Saturday night, finding it difficult to manoeuvre around the dance floor. Not that she minded; she could dance in a box if she had to. She was grinning at her partner as he grabbed hold of her hand and spun her around him.

She adored salsa music, dancing to her own beat. Although her mother insisted she learn various dances including ballet from an early age, she sneaked out of her ballet class when she was nine years old only to walk past a salsa lesson and she was hooked.

Circling her hips, she kicked her leg out landing on his shoulder. Turning her self away from him she let go of his hand. Spinning her with his other hand, she fell back across his knee, her hair falling to the floor.

The band played the last chord as she lifted herself up; grinning to her friend, she motioned to the bar.

“So how long is it now?”

Buffy sighed as she sipped on her drink, looking towards the dance floor.

“18 weeks away, I don’t know why you just don’t help me and enter.”

Shaking his head, he held his hands up.

“Buffy, I don’t love the dance as much as you do. And as much as I love you, you’re a ball breaker.”

Smiling she turned her head and sighed. She would never find a partner for the competition. If she didn’t find one within a week she would have to forfeit.


“Maybe I should just withdraw, I mean it’s not like I’m going to find anybody. I mean everyone has partners don’t they?”

“Well there may be one person you haven’t checked on.”

Buffy looked up to the mischievous brown eyes of her best friend, innocently looking up at the ceiling.

“And who’s that?”

“Spike.”

“Are you kidding? Anyway he hasn’t danced a major competition in a long time. And unless you have forgotten he already has a dance partner.”

“No he hasn’t. She left him for Liam.” Buffy nearly spat her drink over the table.

“My god really, but still I can’t ask him. And besides it’s gonna be too late to come up with a routine.”

Sometimes she was so stubborn even when the best opportunity was right there in front of her face she couldn’t see it.

“Remember last year when you broke your ankle, you were awful to be around and I can’t take another year of woe is me because you were too chicken. I mean come on Buffy you’ve seen him dance before?”

Buffy smiled in spite of herself, she did watch him dance. She was mesmerised in the way he moved. Any partner he danced with, he made her look like she was the best.

“I don’t know why I come in this club seeing as I have two left feet.”

They both looked up to see Willow bouncing on the balls of her feet; jumping up from her seat Buffy quickly enveloped her in a hug.

“I thought you said you weren’t going to come out tonight?”


“Yeah well there was nothing on the television and I had already finished your dress…”

“It’s finished oh when can I see it?” Buffy clapped her hands excitedly.

“Not yet bossy britches.”

“You see you’ve no excuse.”

They could hear cheering from the dance floor. Looking towards the commotion, they saw a couple in the middle dancing while the entire crowd cheered and clapped.

Buffy would recognise him anywhere although his hair had now been dyed to an almost white colour.

“I can’t believe it. He’s here; you have to ask him.”


Buffy looked worriedly to Xander. Her hands had begun to shake, almost dropping her glass.

“I can’t, he’s with someone.”

Xander just stared at her, noticing a slight blush to her cheeks.

“That is his sister; she’s in my intermediate class.”

Xander pushed his chair back and walked around the table. Grabbing her hand he pulled her up and dragged her to the dance floor.

“Let’s show him how good you are first.”

Xander gave her a kiss on the cheek and placed his hand in hers. Her dress bounced against her legs as she spun and moved her hips to the beat. Their hands locked together. Spinning away from him her body seem to mould against his as she moved her hips across his groin.

Buffy was laughing at the look of concentration on Xander’s face. Lifting her eyes she caught the gaze of Spike. Suddenly blushing under his scrutiny, she kept her eyes focused on her partner.


Spike couldn’t take his eyes from the blond beauty dancing from the moment she stepped onto the dance floor. She was a natural the way her body knew how to move with such grace and unbridled passion, but she was holding back he could tell. When she looked up her green eyes dancing with mischief, he swore he would have to dance with her.

“She’s thinking the same thing,” he smiled as she suddenly turned away. Laughing as she held onto Xander’s arm, they made their way to the bar. Lifting her hand up she waved to the barman.

Spike watched as she leaned back against the bar, her elbows resting against the top. Her friend was grinning as he waved a coaster to keep her cool.

“Just once I want to dance and not sweat like a bricklayer.”

“Yeah but you’re a cute bricklayer.”

Smirking she turned around and faced the bar, picking up the cold drink that was placed there. Touching her face with the cold glass was heaven, moving it slowly across her neck.

“Jesus Christ, did she know what she was doing.” Obviously she didn’t. Spike shifted his hips trying to relieve the tightness. Drinking the last of his beer, he slammed the bottle down and walked towards the bar.

Buffy felt a tapping on her shoulder. She spun around to find herself staring at the most intense blue eyes she had ever seen; from his eyes she scanned down to his mouth.

His lips just begged to be touched, watching as his tongue darted out and licked the bottom half. Blushing she looked up and noticed the self satisfied smirk on his face knowing she was ogling him.

“So do you want to dance?”