Author's Chapter Notes:
Big thank you to my beta Gotkona. Also thank you to everyone who reviewed.
Her leg lifted high and rested on the bar; looking in the mirror, she could see the perspiration that covered her forehead.

Turning away from the bar, she carried out a pirouette spinning around on her toes, the subtle tones of the music moving around the room. The music slowly disappeared as she stretched her arms above her head. A loud crack erupted as she spun around to see Angel clapping his hands.

“That was just graceful .”

He sighed as he leaned against the door of the studio, his dark demeanour shrouding the doorway.

“Let me guess, is this the part where you try to scare me, saying Dru’s after you. Spike will never be yours.”

She wandered towards the corner of the studio and picked up her towel, patting the back of her neck.

“Well let me tell you something, been there done that, so you can now leave.”

Angel smirked as he pushed himself away from the doorway, his finger slowly moving as he walked around to where she stood.

“I don’t know why you’re being so defensive, it’s not like Spike spoke the truth the other night.”

And then it clicked, folding her arms across her chest, her lips curled in a smile. Walking closer, she jutted out her chin defiantly.

Spike opened the door to the studio, he knew he was running late. Jogging towards the door he suddenly halted when he heard voices. Leaning towards the door, he listened.

“And did you see the way he watched her, it’s very clear he wants her back.”

“You know what Angel, I really don’t want to have this conversation anymore. Spike loves me and you’re just pissed because you will never have that feeling.”

Buffy’s chest heaved in anger, she was so sick of this.

“What a little spitfire.”

“Piss off.”

Angel walked closer, his posture hunched over; Buffy took a step back trying to find a way out.

Spike frowned against the doorway, it had become quiet in the room. His heart beating wildly, he opened the door slowly. Angel was on the floor grabbing his groin as Buffy stood over him her hands held defensively on her hips.

“You’re an asshole, my god.”

She threw her hands up in annoyance and turned to find Spike walking towards her a smirk playing on his lips.

“Been having fun pet?”

Shaking her head she had to stifle a giggle as she watched Angel thrash on the floor. Grabbing Spike’s arm, she pulled him away from Angel.

“Oh yeah Spike hearing him going on and on, can you believe he fell and his hair didn’t move once?”

~*~*~*~*~**~
Her fingers wrapped around her glass that was set on the bar, her eyes lowered staring into space.

“So everything going alright with you and Spike?”

Buffy looked up and smiled; her friend grinned back and picked up his drink.

“Yeah it’s going great, who would’ve thought I would finally meet my match.”

“That’s true, and you can see it on his face when you walk through the door.”

“What do you mean?”

Wesley sighed and cocked his head, sometimes women could be so dumb. They always need assurance that a man loves them.

“Buffy, every time you walk through that door his face lights up like a beacon.”

Buffy grinned to herself, that was exactly how she felt every time she would think of him or someone would mention his name a smile would creep on her face.

“You’re thinking about him again? You get that dazed look I’ve been seeing so often.”

“Okay I’ll stop. So how about you and Fred?”

Wesley’s smile slowly crept on his face, his eyes crinkling at the corner.
They both laughed loudly as Buffy’s hand rested on his shoulder, her head fell on her other arm her shoulders shaking.

“God we are a pair.”

“Oooh Wes dance with me this is my favourite song.”

“Where’s Spike tonight?”

“He said he was meeting me later…. Come on please.”

She pulled on his hand trying to get him to move from his seat, he almost tripped with the force as she led him to the dance floor.

They danced and laughed as he spun her around the dance floor, her blond hair following her every move. Her hips swayed to the music, her feet moving with a force.

Wesley was always in awe of dancing with her. She was always so graceful even when her feet were on fire.

Spotting Spike walk through the door to the club, he motioned with his head and sent Buffy spinning.

Buffy spun around, her hair flying at every turn. She felt strong hands grab her waist. Funny they didn’t feel like Wesley’s hands, they felt intimate. Opening her eyes, she smiled as she looked into the blue eyes that always held her gaze.

Kissing him on the lips softly she stepped back, cupping his face her thumb absentmindedly brushed cross his cheek.

“So tomorrow huh?”

“Yep. Nervous?”

“A little bit, I’m more excited than anything.”

“So are you gonna tell me what you’re wearing?”

Spike looked down, his scarred eyebrow raised, for the past couple of weeks he had tried to pry details of her outfit from her. But she was a tough cookie, giving him only minor details.

In the end he kept quiet hoping she would cave in. But she wouldn’t budge making phone calls to Willow giving measurements; he even tried to listen in on the conversation. But Buffy had heard the silent click of the phone and immediately began telling the tale of Spike and his attachments.

He quickly slammed the phone down when he heard both girls giggle; disgusted he ignored Buffy for all of ten minutes as she reminded him how much she loved those particular parts of him.

“Nope Spike, all you have to wear is your red shirt, and black trousers.”

Spike grinned. She had just gave him a big clue, the colours were his favourite He could just imagine how she would look dressed in red. The fabric moulding to her curves perfectly as she danced around and flashed those perfectly tanned legs.

Buffy smacked him playfully on the shoulder, his eyes soon losing that glazed look. She knew that look, she had seen it often enough. He would look at her in the moments she didn’t think he would be watching.

“Okay, so do you want to dance with me? Or do you want to dance with ole Wes?”

Buffy placed a finger on her lip deep in thought; she turned her head towards Wes who was tapping his feet to the music.

As soon as she fixed her attention on someone else, Spike growled possessively and pulled her closer, his fingers grasping her hips.

“Ooh caveman 12 o’clock, I do love it when you get jealous.”

Placing her arms around his neck she pulled him closer, his bottom lip jutting out. Grabbing his bottom lip in between her teeth she playfully tugged, opening his mouth he invited her inside.

Their tongues seemed dormant as they stroked each other, cajoling and teasing each other. Her lips moved delicately across his. Pulling her tighter against him, she could feel he was already hard.

I guess they weren’t going to dance tonight.