Author's Chapter Notes:
A big thank you to all the reviews , it means a lot. I hope everyone is enjoying this fic.
Thank you to my beta Gotkona !!!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us







Buffy stood there gaping at him, until Xander nudged her in the back to push her forward. Spike grabbed her hand as they weaved their way through to the dance floor.

“Ready?”

Buffy shook herself out of her trance and smiled, her hand positioned itself on his slender hip. His hand gripped hers, as they moved together. Oblivious to anything except him, all she could do was look into that beautiful face. He let go of her hand and placed his other hand on her hip.

His hands seemed to burn through her dress to her skin. Shifting away from him, she turned and pushed back against him. His hands still gripped her waist moving her hips to the music.

Grabbing her hand, he spun her around to face him, pulling her towards his body. Her hand curled around the back of his neck.


Lifting her from the floor, her leg swung around his waist. She leaned backwards, her whole body stretching in his arms. Pulling herself back into his arms, she smiled.

Xander couldn’t help but stare at the couple on the dance floor; no one would have known they had never danced together before.

He grinned smugly. Maybe Buffy would finally acknowledge she had indeed met her match in a dance partner.


All Buffy could think about at that moment was how hard his body felt against hers. His hip snapped to the right, following his move her chest crushed against his.

Spike smiled to himself. She was definitely the partner he had been waiting for; he had walked into the club on the intent of finding a new partner. He wanted to prove to Dru that he didn’t need her.

He spun her around, her dress curving round her shapely thighs. Spike almost lost all sense of control, her legs were beckoning him to stare at them.
The song finished. As the other couples wandered away from the dance floor, Spike held onto her hand as they walked towards her friend.

“Did you have fun?”

Xander stood there with a grin on his face and noticed how flushed his friend was. Giving him a look, she turned to Spike.

“Thank you for the dance.”

“It’s was a pleasure, I haven’t enjoyed myself like that in quite a while.”

“Alright I’m just going to go with this, and hopefully you’ll agree.”

Spike waited, watching as she grew nervous, her knuckles were white as she clenched her hands together.

She squeezed her eyes shut and blew out a breath.

“Would you be my partner in the Pan Pacific?”

Spike stood there his mouth slightly agape. He would never have thought she would ask him, especially when he was going to take the initiative and ask her himself.

She opened one eye watching his face. Did he look repulsed? Did he look like he was going to laugh at her?

“Of course I would, that’s why I asked you to dance.”

Xander almost giggled out loud with excitement, the balls of his feet bouncing against the floor.

“Just one thing though.”

“And what’s that?” She was grinning; her eyes seem to sparkle in the dimly lit club.

“I’m a stickler for practice, we train five days a week. I won’t tolerate you wasting my time.”

Buffy nodded, she was suddenly very excited about the training. She was going to be partnered with one of the best dancers on the circuit.

“I’m not a time waster, I’m in this to win. As long as you turn up on time and not give me any shit we’ll be fine.”

Spike smiled knowing why he liked this girl. Nodding in agreement, they shook hands sealing the deal.

“How about we get a drink to celebrate?” Spike placed a hand on her back and turned towards the bar.


Buffy laughed as she was spun around the dance floor. After the drink they gone back to the dance floor. He enjoyed dancing with her. Although this was strictly platonic, there was something very comforting about being in her arms.

As they lost track of time, the band finished their last song and the club suddenly was drenched in light. Buffy actually had the decency to look sheepish. Blushing, she saw Xander leaning against the bar talking to Spike’s sister.

“Finally I thought you were going to dance home.”

“Sorry about that.” Spike ran a hand through his hair.

“Dawn, I want you to meet my new dance partner Buffy.”

“Hi, you two looked great out there.”

“Thank you.”

“Yeah it’s quite tiring to watch.” Xander moved his hand to stifle a yawn.

“And I think that’s our cue to call it a night.” Buffy grabbed Xander’s arm pulling him away from the bar.

“We have to make arrangements for training.” Buffy smacked her palm against her forehead.


Reaching into her purse, she pulled out a card and handed it to Spike. Staring at the card he looked up.

“Got to have a day job.”

Lifting her hand, she placed it in the crook of Xander’s arm and walked towards the exit. Shaking his head, he tucked the card into his back pocket.

Placing his arm around Dawn’s slender shoulders, he walked towards the exit.

Tonight was the beginning of something different; he could feel the change. He could still see her green eyes watching him with mischief. His life suddenly felt a lot better and Dru wouldn’t knew what hit her.


Buffy stepped into the cool night air feeling very excited, she finally had a partner. A good looking partner as well, with eyes she could stare into all day.

Okay right there was a major problem; you’re not supposed to ogle your partner. You have to be professional and no thinking dirty thoughts, even though you can imagine what’s under that shirt.

Xander hailed the cab and tuned around to watch her face change from confusion to something seriously different.

“Buffy, you have the hots for him don’t you?”

“What. No of course not.” Folding her arms defensively she looked away.

Xander shook his head and opened the cab door letting Buffy climb in, shutting the door he turned to her.

“You’re such a god damn liar.”