Author's Chapter Notes:
Big Thank You for all the reviews. I'm pretty amazed to say the least. I hope you do keep reading this story.

And thanks to Gotkona *smoochies*
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us




Buffy kicked the door shut to her apartment. Her arms filled with shopping bags, she quickly dumped them on the kitchen counter.

Her answering machine annoyingly flashed, alerting her that there was a message waiting. Pressing the button, she began to unpack her groceries.

“Buffy, it’s Spike.”

She turned around and leaned over the counter.

“Found somewhere to practice; meet me at Jimmy’s. Studio No. 3 at 6 PM. Don’t be late luv.”

The machine beeped twice and she pressed the button again to hear his voice. His husky voice caused her to blush just listening to it.

Checking the time, she had a couple of hours left. She turned back round to finish unpacking.

Buffy locked her car and made her way to Jimmy’s, walking into the Studio 3. Opening the door, she realised she was early.

Dropping her bag near the door, she placed a CD into the PA system. Soft music surrounded the studio as she twirled around the floor.

Standing in front of the mirror she lifted her leg and placed it on the bar; stretching her body she leaned forward and touched her toe.

She placed her heels together and bent her knees, her right arm extended Exhaling she felt calm.

The music changed it’s tempo moving into the mambo. Buffy grinned and began to step to the beat.

Quickly tying her hair back, she kicked out her legs to the side. Her arms flew out as she spun across the floor.

Spike opened the main door and wandered towards the studio. Hearing the music, he neared closer. His eyes widened when he saw her spinning across the floor.

Leaning against the doorframe, he watched as she moved through the basic steps of the mambo, her sneakers squeaking across the polished floor.

She suddenly stopped spinning and collapsed into the splits. Spike pursed his lips together and shook his head, staring as she leant forward and between her legs.

“All warmed up?” He pushed himself away from the doorway and walked to the PA.

Removing the disc he placed his own; the music filled the room. Taking off his shirt, he stretched his arms.

Buffy stood up quickly, watching as his biceps flexed in the tight vest he was wearing.

“Yep warmed up. All warmed.”

Spike walked over and grabbed her hand, spinning her around landing her flush against his body.

Spike just smirked as her breasts crushed against his chest. Coughing, she stepped back and shook her arms.

“How about we start with the cha cha cha?”

An hour later Buffy sat across from Spike. Reaching into her bag, she retrieved a bottle of water.

“So how did you get into dancing?”

Spike looked at her as she un-screwed the cap and took a long drink. Wiping the perspiration from his forehead, he sighed.

“My dad. He was a dancer. He loved to enter competitions; was pretty big on the British circuit. So it was inevitable I was going to love dancing. How about you?”


“I’ve always loved dancing from a young age. I trained as a ballet dancer until I saw a Latin class and loved how your whole body can get lost in the rhythm.”

Oh how he could teach her? She was an exquisite dancer but if she just let herself go.

Knowing he was having indecent thoughts again, he stood up abruptly.

“Ready?”

Nodding she stood up and grabbed his hand.


~*~*~*~


Spike sat in his car staring at his phone, two missed calls both from Dru. Should he call her? What would she be doing calling him?

Switching the phone off and throwing it into the passenger seat he turned the key in the ignition. He watched as Buffy walked towards her car.

Gripping the steering wheel, he blew out a breath. Shaking his head he opened the door and strode over to Buffy.

As Buffy placed her seatbelt across her slim frame, a sharp tap startled her. Turning her head she was confronted with the image of Spike’s crotch; her cheeks flamed at the mere thought.

Leaning down he smiled while Buffy lowered the window, his hands braced on the roof of the car.

“Hi Buffy, I just wondered whether you wanted to get a bite to eat?”


Buffy opened the door and left it open for Spike to follow her into the diner. Sally’s had the reputation of being one of the busiest diners in the city, taking after the famous Hard Rock Café. Buffy bounced into the booth as Spike slid in next to her. She crossed her hands across her knees while they waited for a waitress.

“I thought it was hard to get a table in here?”

“Well it is, unless your little sister works here as a waitress.”

He pointed over to the counter when Dawn looked up and waved excitedly. She lifted her finger to tell them she would serve them before looking back down at table.


“So does that mean you get discounted food?”


~*~*~*~



Spike sat back and grinned, he hadn’t had this much fun in a while. Buffy on the other hand was grimacing.

“Ugh, I really shouldn’t have eaten that pie.”

“I told you, they serve big portions here.”

Taking a sip of her soda she sat back and held her stomach. Looking at Spike she slowly stared past his shoulder. Spotting the the woman walk through the door, she frowned.

“Um Spike.”

“Yeah.”

“Don’t get mad.”

Before he had chance to speak he turned his head to see Dru walking towards them, clenching his jaw he spun his head back round.

“Bloody hell. Well she just better not come over here.”

“Too late.”

“Spike. I thought it was you, how have you been?”

“Fine.”

“And who is this little treasure?”

She looked towards Buffy and held a steely gaze. Buffy felt uncomfortable and shifted in her seat.

“This is Buffy, my new partner.”

For a moment Spike could see anger spark across her face. Feeling satisfied he scooted closer to Buffy. Buffy looked down at his thigh now grazing hers, she could feel the warmth seep through to her skin.

“Are you serious? You mean like your dance partner? Come on Spike you haven’t danced in ages, and let’s face it you’ll shag her and then you’ll dump her like all the others.”

Dru folded her arms across her chest and smiled in satisfaction. Buffy turned to face Spike noticing the anger emanating from him.


Buffy scooted out of the booth and stood up . Standing in front of Dru, she looked at her with amusement and sighed.

“You want to know something; you don’t know what you walked out on. He is the most amazing dancer I have ever seen. And as for the shagging, whatever shagging is I bet it’s even better.”

Standing back satisfied, she turned to look at Spike who just sat there with shock written all over his face. Grinning as Dru spluttered she held out her hand to Spike.

“Ready to go?”

Spike couldn’t do anything but grab her hand and gloat as they walked out of the diner and away from an irate Dru.