Author's Chapter Notes:
Big Thanks to all that reviewed.this story so far It means a lot. Big squishy thanks as always to my beta Gotkona. Nominated for Best WIP at Fool For Love Awards
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us



“I didn’t know what the word meant. Oh god how the hell am I gonna face him now?” she sighed into the phone.

Twirling the cord around her finger, she glanced up at the clock. It was almost five thirty. She had half an hour before she had to be at the studio.

“I don’t think you need to worry about him; Dru on the other hand.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, it’s going round how you embarrassed Dru. And that doesn’t go well.”

“I don’t care, she thinks she’s the best dancer out there.”

“Well she was, until you took away her only way of winning the competition. They’ve won 3 years in a row, you know this Buff.”



Was that true? Xander tended to listen to the gossip, and if that was what was going around she was in trouble.

“I suppose I’ll have to just deal. Anyway I better change and get going.”



Buffy quickly locked her car door and made a dash for the studio with minutes to spare. She noticed Spike’s car was already there.

Standing by the door, she couldn’t move. Spike was in the middle of the studio, his hips gyrating to the music. Spinning he fell onto his knees and pulled the t-shirt from his body.

Buffy stood mesmerised from the doorway. Her eyes fixed on his muscles as they jumped and flexed as he moved.

Spike jumped in mid-air and kicked both legs into the splits. He landed squarely on his feet and turned around to see Buffy watching him. She stood there with her mouth was slightly open and he noticed her breathing was laboured.

Grinning to himself, he walked forward and grabbed her hand; she stumbled forward dropping her bag to the floor.


They didn’t say a word but kept their focus on the moves. Every so often Spike would notice Buffy staring at him. He’d catch her gaze and she would quickly look away.

Buffy spun in a circle only to catch her heel as she turned falling into Spike’s strong arms. Blushing furiously, she stepped back and re-grouped.

“Okay, why don’t we just get this over with?”

“Huh?”

She looked up to see him waving his hands in the space between them, running a hand through his blond locks.

“There is some sort of attraction between us and we need to nip it. Your concentration is off and we can’t afford that.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about?”

Spike sighed and stepped forward. Grabbing her by the arms, he pulled her flush against him. Buffy could do nothing but hold her breath as his face descended towards hers.

She felt his breath dance across her mouth, his lips hovering over hers like he was waiting for something.

What’s he waiting for? At least if he’s gonna kiss me, he should do it. It’s not like I want him to kiss me. I bet he doesn’t even kiss good….

Her eyes widened slightly when she saw him grin. His lips covered hers so softly that she didn’t realise he had kissed her.

He intended for the kiss to be over as soon as he instigated it, but things never work out the way you want them to.

He didn’t count on the way her body melted against his or her hands touching places that made him hard in a second. She darted out her tongue and licked his bottom lip. His mouth gave her access, exploring, touching, and tasting the inside of his mouth.

His hands moved from her arms and settled at the small of her back. Grabbing her shirt he crushed it in his hands.

Buffy was the first to break off taking a much needed breath. Her lips were swollen from the sweet assault on her mouth. Her eyes glazed with desire; she looked at him and his usual blue eyes were now black.

He felt the need to inhale large amounts of air. Even when he was with Dru, she never invoked feelings like this.

He raised his head to look at her, taking in her flushed face. Smiling he picked up her hand and began to dance.

The kiss was supposed to quench any odd feelings so they could practice without any distractions, but the kiss only proved to make it worse every time he touched her.

Her breath hitched when his hand touched her waist. Her face flamed at the slightest touch.

God get a grip Buffy, okay so he’s hot and he knows it. True his lips are pleasure all in itself. Anybody think you’ve never been kissed. There are more important things than his tongue slowly trailing across my collarbone and slowly…..

“Buffy?”

His fingers hooked underneath her chin lifting it so that her gaze met his. He tilted his head to the side to read her expression.

“Is everything okay? You seem a little distracted.”

Buffy shook her head to remove the sudden dirty thoughts that seem to be taking over. Fixing a bright smile on her face, she shrugged her shoulders.

“It’s nothing, really.”

“Was it the kiss? I mean I haven’t kissed someone in a long time and it just seemed the right ting to do at the time.”

“No.. No the kiss was yummy really. If anything that’s what’s making me so spacey.”

“Yummy?”

“Alright so my vocabulary is still teenager talk that I just can’t shake off, but that’s beside the point….”

Buffy was stopped from rambling as his lips smashed against hers. Her moan was muffled and her senses soon realised that yes Spike was kissing her. His hands fisted into her hair entwining the golden strands between his fingers.

Her fingers splayed across his bare back, caressing the skin. She took the bold move of moving her hands slowly down, the tips of her fingers slipping into the back of his jeans and touching his ass.

Spike hands moved round the back of her ass lifting her upwards, while he ground his erection between her thighs.

His lips left her mouth and slowly kissed a trail down her neck, sucking and nipping at her shoulder.

“Jesus Buffy, I want you.”