Author's Chapter Notes:
Big squishy thank you to my beta Gotkona she's amazing. And dodn't forget to check out her new fic you wopn't be sorry.

Also thank you so much for all the reviews i am still in shock!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Xander picked up his cell and smiled at the caller display, his friend’s name flashing.

“Xander, come down to Bobby’s and dance with me?”

“Buffy?”

“Yep it’s me and I’m happy with lots of drinks.”

“Hold tight I’m on my way.”

Clicking his phone shut, he sighed. Buffy never drank and the fact that she had called him meant she was in need of some intervention.

Snatching his keys, he grabbed his jacket and ran out of the door.

Making his way down the stairs to the club, he scanned the crowd and spotted her against the bar.

Buffy’s head dropped onto the bar; the ends of her hair became drenched in beer. A tapping sensation was waking her up from her lovely dream.

Lifting her head, she saw dark hair and soft brown eyes looking back at her.

“Hey Xander, you’re here. My friend is here, he’ll know what to do.”

“Is everything okay Buffy?”
“Nope everything is bad. I always screw things up. Why couldn’t I have just stopped it.”

“Stopped what?”

Xander removed his jacket and sat beside her, his hand rubbing comforting circles on her back.

“He kissed me and I couldn’t do anything but run.”

“Who kissed you?”

Buffy looked up, her eyes brimming with tears. Looking for a napkin she absentmindedly rubbed her nose.

“Spike. He said there was some attraction. So he kissed me and I kissed him back.”

Xander hand halted on her back as her words sunk in; rubbing his hair he leaned forward.

“Buffy you didn’t have sex with him did you?”


“No but I wanted to.”

Throwing her head back on the bar she groaned, her hands moving to cradle her head.

“Things can’t possibly get worse.”

“Well I wouldn’t say that just yet.”

Buffy lifted her head to see where Xander was looking. Her gaze moved to the staircase watching as Spike grinned at his date.

Buffy stared in shock. Here he was not even a full day after he kissed her with another woman. Granted she ran out in embarrassment after the kiss, but she had so wanted to stay.

“Fuck,” she muttered. Grabbing her purse, she stumbled towards the bathroom.

Opening the door, she settled herself in front of the mirror and groaned; her mascara had streaked under eyes.

Washing her face, she re-applied her makeup, finishing it off with a little gloss. She quickly brushed through her hair and tied it in a loose ponytail.

Walking back to the bar she smiled and leaned over to shout the barman over.

“I need coffee Stat!”

Spike twirled his date around himself, his focus clearly not with him tonight. All he could think about was Buffy’s hot little hands and the way her lips moulded perfectly against his.

For only a split moment he was in heaven. Then his world crumbled before him. She had looked in shock before she fled the studio. She had to know it was the most perfect moment, not even being with Dru compared to this. It was like they were meant for each other.

Buffy felt herself sober up instantly, her suddenly foggy mind cleared. Pushing her purse in Xander’s hands, she walked steadily towards the dance floor.

Spike’s eyes widened slightly as he watched her walking closer towards him, their eyes locking for a moment. He suddenly turned his back to her, his hips swaying delectably to the music.

Buffy was seething; okay she knew she deserved it. Running out on him was bad, but she was scared.

They were attracted to each other and when his lips descended upon hers she was lost. All she could think about were Dru’s words echoing in her mind.
Would he throw her away as soon as she gave in to him? Deciding on a course of action, she was stopped with a hand on her shoulder.

“Buffy it’s been ages since I’ve seen you?”

Buffy stared in shock and fiercely hugged her old friend. Closing her eyes and squeezing them shut, she sighed.

“Wesley, what are you doing here? I thought you were given the teaching job in England?”

“Well hello to you too. I’m still teaching and we do get time off and what better excuse then to see my friends.”



“I’m so glad you’re here.”


“Me too. Now how about we reminisce about the good old days and let me twirl you around the floor.”

Smiling, she grabbed Wesley’s hand and skipped towards the middle of the dance floor.

Standing with her one hand braced on his shoulder, the other held firmly in his grip. She said, “You do remember our former training?”

Wesley smirked watching her eyes sparkle in mischief, pulling her closer and holding her steady.

“You’re a cheeky little bitch. Try and keep up.”

Buffy giggled as Wesley began with the basic step. She spun until he held her tight, their left sides dipping towards the floor.

Buffy turned out and kicked her leg backwards so it rested on the back of his thigh. Spinning back her hair fell out of ponytail.

Walking away from him she swayed her hips, her arms swaying with the music. She turned her head slightly and grabbed his outstretched hand. Spinning her back towards his body, he dipped her backwards, her hair touching the floor as she swayed.

She turned her back towards him, grabbing the sides of his hips. She gyrated her hips and locked her eyes with Spike as he suddenly stopped to watch her dance.

His eyes narrowed as she continued to gyrate with the man she was dancing with, the muscle in his jaw began to tick in annoyance.

She grinned and pushed her ass further against his groin, all the while keeping her gaze fixed on Spike.

She knew she was pushing it but she didn’t care. A voice whispered in her ear stopping her movements.

“Buffy, I think you got him jealous. And even though I don’t like you in that way I’m still a man.”

Her cheeks blushed furiously when she spun around to catch Wesley’s flushed face.

Stifling a giggle, she spun around letting go of Wesley’s hand and immediately bumping into Spike. He grabbed her by the hips and held her there.

His eyes no longer the shade of blue she was so used to seeing, but had now turned black with anger.

“Do you mind telling me what the hell you’re playing at?”