Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay in updates but the school year isn't starting to wind down like it should but just getting more hectic as it's nearing the end. I'm happy to inform however, that May and June will pretty much be wasted months so I'll be updating more. Please review!


Chapter 12


Usually she would have felt at least a little nervous approaching the ‘popular’ table in the middle of the cafeteria where it seemed everything revolved around. Not that she would show it. For one, she was out numbered, and two…well she couldn’t think of a second reason, the first one was good enough.

But today? Today she wasn’t nervous, today she was just beyond a little ticked off at the certain blonde that was sitting beside Cordelia and she intended on fixing that. To hell with being against violence. She looked around the table to see who was there. Wesley and Angel were there, she knew she could count on them to back her up, that or at least not go against her. But Spike was there too, she didn’t know what to expect from him. She also recognized Riley and Gunn from the Bronze, but the person she was really after was sitting beside Cordelia and some other girl chatting and filing her nails.

“ Hi Buffy.”

She turned and gave Wesley a weak smile trying to keep her hostility towards Harmony low as she spoke to him. “ Hi, sorry but I’m not here to talk to you right now.” She did catch the smug smirk that Spike sent his cousins way. “ Not here to see you either Casanova.”

Cordelia rolled her eyes. “ Good, because Spikey is taken!” Harmony said frowning.

“ Oi! I’m not, we’ve been over for a long time Harm!”

“ God would you two just shut up!” Buffy snapped. “ I’m not here to talk about Spike right now. But answer me this Harm, did you by any chance insult Willow this morning? Make any type of bitchy remark at all?”

She watched a satisfied grin appear on the blondes face and crossed her arms. “ Actually, I did. Somebody had to tell that wannabe that she can’t just go around trying to look like one of us.”

“ You’re really going to regret that.”

Harmony frowned getting up. “ What are you going to do about it?”

“ Cat fight!” Riley yelled loud enough for the entire cafeteria to hear him. Soon most eyes were on the pair of blondes standing in the middle of the café glaring at each other.

“ Well, first I’d say I’m going to do this.” Grabbing the tray of a passing guy she smeared it all over Harmony’s clothes.

Willow and Xander watched what mouths agape as they slowly made their way closer to the scene taking in what was happening.

Harmony shrieked. “ This is a designer blouse I got in Italy you freak!!”

“ Next time you think of calling one of my friends a slut, or anything else resembling yourself, remember that I don’t take it very lightly.” She turned around and started walking away, sure she wanted to hurt Harmony but she didn’t plan on getting suspended and having Hank get mad. Those thoughts however left her mind when she felt her hair being pulled from behind.

Spinning around she saw that Harmony had a firm grip on her hair and was seething. “ You can’t just embarrass Harmony Kendall like that! Who do you think you are you little bitch?”

Buffy wrenched her hair away with a small scream of pain and slapped the other girl across the cheek. “ Since when is it in to talk in third person?!”

Harmony brought a hand up to her cheek, currently a dark shade of red and continued glaring at the other girl as the group, along with the rest of the school continued to watch the scene unfolding as something fascination or future gossip material. Grabbing a fist full of mashed potatoes Harmony hurled them at Buffy before she could react.

Wiping them off her she dodged another bowl-full of soup that landed on an unsuspecting guy behind her who yelled ‘Hey!’ and then threw the remains of his lunch at another guy close to Harmony. Before Buffy could even register what was happening everyone was throwing food at each other in an all out food fight.

She was going to continue to get even with Harmony when she saw that the girl was already screeching about the food that was being thrown at her and laughed. She continued laughing as she turned around and started to walk back to the table deciding that the popular bitch was already getting what she deserved. She spun around though when what felt like jell-o hit the back of her head and hair. She glared seeing Spike standing there with a satisfied grin on his face.

“ Oh, I’m so going to wipe that smug grin off your face bleach boy!” She grabbed a ladle that had somehow maid its way to the floor and dipped it in gravy flinging it at the blonde menace.

He dodged it with wide eyes still grinning. “ Oi! No need to get personal.” Boy was he glad that he left his duster in his locker for lunch.

Buffy watched in horror as the gravy splattered all over Wesley. “ Oh my god Wesley! I’m so… Ahhh!” She screamed as Spike threw cold ice cream on her partially revealed stomach after her top had rose slightly from all the movement.

“ You little…”

Wesley watched with interest and frowning slightly as Buffy dove for Spike grabbing the newest food item out of his hand and wrestling with him on the floor. If he didn’t know his cousin any better he’d think that he was making a pass at his current interest.

Buffy and Spike stopped wrestling, now on the floor both grabbing the same tray of food they glared at each other. She stopped when it dawned on her. Looking around she burst out laughing, she hadn’t had this much fun since…ever. Spike burst out laughing shortly after her.

“ You’re a bloody mess!”

“ Like your much better, there’s peas and potatoes in your hair!” She laughed picking a pea out of his hair.

“ I’m glad you find this so funny Ms. Summers.”

Buffy froze. Great, while she was having fun she forgot all about getting in trouble, and Snider.

“ I’d like to see you both in my office pronto!” Seething with rage the tiny man stalked off.