Chapter 13


Buffy sat opposite Snyder’s desk in an uncomfortable chair next to Spike who looked… Buffy frowned slightly at the satisfied smirk he was wearing on his face. On further inspection she decided he looked ridiculously funny. His hair still had pieces of potatoe and peas in it and he had all sorts of unidentifiable foods smeared on his clothes and was happily leaning back in the chair making it as dirty as possible. She giggled.

Spike turned and stared at her with his eyebrows raised, smirk firmly in place. “ Something funny pet?”

She giggled again hating how it made her sound like some eighth grade girl but liked it at the same time because it made her feel normal. “ You. You’re an absolute mess and its hilarious.”

Grinning he leaned over and pulled a piece of jell-o out of her flowing blonde hair and flicked it at her. “ Not so picture perfect yourself.” That was a lie and he knew it, she looked bloody adorable sitting there with her blonde tresses covered in red jell-o in some places. A cute smile on her face.

She crossed her arms still amused. “ And who’s fault would that be?”

“ Yours.” Both teens looked to see Snyder walking in through the door with the same expression he always wore on his face. Loathing.

Spike rolled his eyes. “ You know, despite what you think Snyder, its not always our fault.”

Snyder just stared at him.

“ Fine, that’s a lie. It’s not always her fault. I’m always to blame.” He winked at her and gave the scrawny nazi of a principle an evil looking smirk.

Buffy, against her will, blushed and watched as Snyder turned almost purple, she could practically see steam coming out of his ears.

“ You should watch your mouth Spike.” He spat the nickname out with extra venom. He seemed to regain a little bit of his composure before continuing. “ I will not give you any more detentions because I don’t want to see your faces in my own time longer then I have too, however, you and your little circle of friends will stay and clean up the cafeteria for the rest of the afternoon. Whatever work you miss you will have to make up for and if you happen to finish early you have a suspension for the rest of the day.”

With a shrug of his shoulders Spike stood up and made his way to the door, closely followed by Buffy.

“ So, that was fun.” She shuddered.

“ Yeah, the guys a mini Hitler.” Spike joked earning a laugh from her and an amusing snort from the new secretary.

“ Got that right.” The older brunette muttered under her breath.

“ C’mon, lets get to the cafeteria and clean up so we can finally leave.” Spike ran his hand through his hair trying to get the food out.

Buffy just stared at him doubtfully. “ You clean? Willingly?”

He pause pretending to be contemplating her statement. “ you’re right. Lets go to the cafeteria so I can pretend to clean while the rest of you do all the work for me.”

She shrugged. “ At least it’s the truth.”

***
“ So I don’t get it. How come the blonde bimbo and her leader got off without having to clean this place and we’re stuck here…” Xander paused making a disgusted face at the mixture of mustard gravy and other questionable foods he was cleaning off the floor. “…scrubbing gross stuff off the floor?” He looked over at Spike who was sitting on a bench he had cleaned off. “ At least some of us.”

“ Because Queen C has connections.” Gunn said half heartedly cleaning one of the table with a sponge. “ Her dad makes donations to the school and knows Snyder. Harmony got off by association.”

Buffy looked over at Willow who was also cleaning some un-named sticky stuff off the wall. “ I still don’t get it. How’d you get yourself stuck here Wils?”

Willow blushed. “ I kinda…uhm..”

“ She hit Snyder in the side of the face with the mystery meat.” Xander grinned proud of his friend.

Everyone burst out laughing. “ I can’t believe I missed that!” Angel roared with laughter.

Wesley stopped and looked around. “ Do you hear that?”

Spike frowned. “ What’re you talking bout’?”

Ignoring his cousin Wesley walked towards the doors and opened them wider, some kind of music flooded the large room echoing off the walls and magnifying the sound. “ That.”

“ Sometimes the teachers that stay after school hours put on music over the P.A while they work.” Willow said as she continued working. She bit her bottom lip after realizing that everyone was looking at her curiously. “ I uh, stay after school sometimes. Well, I used to anyway.” She gave Buffy a grateful smile.

“ Would you like to dance m’lady?”

Buffy laughed at the way Wesley spoke in a deeper English accent and bowed low giving her a charming smile. “ I’d be honoured to.” Taking his hand she laughed as he spun her in circles purposely until she was dizzy so that he could hold her close so she wouldn’t fall. “ You sneaky…!” She didn’t finish as he dipped her, making her hair graze the floor.

Spike watched frowning at the scene. The girl that was supposed to be his was dancing once again, in the arms of his un explicably lucky cousin. And it was driving him crazy. It was supposed to be him not Wesley.

Angel walked over to Spike and gave him a smug grin. “ Guess Wesley finally has something you don’t.”

Spike glared at him. “ Sod off. I could have her if I wanted!”

Angel raised his eyebrows amused. “ Is that so?”

The bleached blonde nodded. “ I bet I can get Buffy to go out with me and leave Wes in two weeks at most.” He said looking at Buffy the whole time as she continued to laugh.

“ Is that a fact? Fine. If you loose then you owe me two hundred fifty big ones.” Angel grinned at the intrigued look on his friends face.

“ Ok. But if I win you have to go out with Harmony for at least a week and a half since you made fun of me for it.”

Angel thought it over for a minute. “ You got yourself a bet.”
_____________________________________
A/N:Hope you like this chapter , this is when the whole bet begins. I feel so giddy. Thanks for all the reviews guys!. And also Happy 29 birthday to everybodys faveorite slayer Sarah Michelle Gellar!