Author's Chapter Notes:
Have to say thanks to one of the best authors in the world for betaing this for me, Allison you are the best! Thanks to all of you who reviewed the last chapter.
Disclamier - The song belongs to Journey.



"You do realize this is all your fault, right?" Buffy asked quietly as she talked to Cordelia on the phone.

Buffy was pacing back and forth in her room, trying to figure out what to do. She wasn't going to leave her room- that was for damn sure. She knew the minute she walked out of her room, Spike would be demanding to know what had happened and why she walked away from him.

"My fault? Buffy, I didn't do anything but invite him to my club. It's not like I made you open your mouth and invite him to stay the night. I mean, hello! Buffy, what the hell were you thinking? You know the guy is head-over-heels in love with you," Cordy said a bit too loudly.

"No, he's not, Cordy. It's just lust, nothing but lust. No way is there any love involved in our relationship,” Buffy replied, her eyes widening when she realized that she had said the one word that caught Cordy's attention.

"Relationship, huh?" Cordy asked, a knowing smirk on her face.

Buffy rolled her eyes and replied with irriatation, "No, Cordy, we do not have a relationship. You know what I meant, so don't go and start to use your little mind games on me because they won't work."

"What mind games? Who said I was using any mind games? I'm simply trying to help my best friend and my older brother find love again," Cordy said in an innocent tone, as if she was denying the whole thing.

Buffy stomped her foot. "I so knew it! You are trying to get me and your brother back together," Buffy whispered in rage.

"I am not, Buffy, I promise," Cordy said into the phone as she crossed her fingers.

"Then what's with the whole 'find love' thing?" Buffy asked as she sat down on her bed.

Cordy paused for a moment, trying to come up with an excuse.

"Well, who said that love had anything to do with you or Spike?" Cordy retorted.

Before Buffy had a chance to respond, the brunette had hung up on her.

"I am so going to kill her," Buffy said as she gripped the phone tightly in her hand.

Walking over to her door to peek and see if maybe Spike was sleeping so she could use the bathroom, she opened her door a little and poked her head out. When she did, she noticed a white piece of paper taped to her door. Curious, she grabbed it and read what it said.

Buffy -

I'm sorry, love, if I in any way made you believe that I was just here to go after your body. Because I'm not, Buffy- I truly did miss you, and I'm hoping that you'll give me the chance to talk. Please meet me in the kitchen for a surprise. If you don't, I'll understand completely.

Spike


Flashback

“Buffy, I have something to tell you," Spike said as he lay in his bed, Buffy cuddled to his chest.

Buffy looked up at him and smiled lovingly.

"Yeah, baby?"

Spike gulped and replied, "I'm leaving."

End flashback


Buffy didn't know how or why she was walking towards the kitchen suddenly. All she knew was that she needed to give Spike a chance to explain himself before she jumped all over him and blamed him for something when she had no idea why he did it.

When she reached the kitchen, she was in awe as she saw what Spike put together. In her dining room, there was a table set for two with a lit candle in the middle and a white tulip in a vase.

It wasn't perfect, but it was something, and this little something was helping Buffy.

Spike walked up behind her and gently wrapped his arms around her waist. He felt Buffy tense and gently kissed her neck, saying, "Relax, baby."

Buffy let her shoulders sag, and Spike smiled.

"How did you do this, Spike?" Buffy asked as she turned in his arms, a soft smile on her face.

Spike didn't say anything- he simply left her arms to go and turn on the CD player that was in her kitchen.

Every time is like the first time tenderly
Loving you is like breathing spring
Seasons change but your heart beats constantly
Count my blessing every day as you love me
As the sunset disappears across the northern sky
You look for forever in my eyes
All I can say, long as I have a voice
I'll thank God above that I was your first choice


"Now now, love- you know better than to ask me that. I have to keep some secrets to keep sweeping you off your feet, right?" Spike asked as he held his hand out for her to take.

Buffy smiled shyly and took Spike's offered hand. Gently pulling her into the open space of her dining room, he wrapped one arm tightly around her waist while the other took her soft hand in his.

If I should die before I wake
I'll go into the night whispering your name
If lying in your arms is the last thing that I do
At least I know that I'll be loved by you

In about a hundred years from now
When all of my love letters are found
And someone reads these words I've written only meant for you
They'll know how forever came true...


Buffy let the words of the song overcome her. She buried her head in the crook of Spike's neck and stayed there, feeling him kiss the top of her head.

Let the years roll on by
These are the best times of my life
I'll just smile when my days are through

Knowing that I've been loved by you

At least I'll know that I was loved by you


"I never stopped loving you, Buffy," Spike said as he let her go for a minute to cup both of her cheeks in his hands.

"I know," Buffy replied as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

Spike kissed away her tears, wishing they'd stop but knowing she had to release the emotional stuff from her mind.

Buffy breathed in deep and stepped away from Spike, seeing his confused _expression, and quickly said, "We have to talk about that day, Spike.

If I should die before I wake
I'll go into the night whispering your name
If lying in your arms is the last thing that I do
At least I know that I'll be loved by you

In about a hundred years from now
When all of my love letters are found
And someone reads these words I've written only meant for you
They'll know how forever came true...