Chapter 2 - Taking Life Back



~Buffy’s House~
Buffy lazily dropped her keys onto the table in her kitchen while looking at the many bills and trash mail she had received from the mailbox. Tired for the afternoon’s meeting with William, she dropped the mail on the table, grabbed a coke, and sat down to watch some T.V. She perused through the channels, finding nothing. “Maybe a movie would do.” She sat down on the floor and opened the drawers underneath the T.V. table, taking out the first movie she saw. “Kate & Leopold. Hmmm, could do.” Just then the doorbell rang, fallowed by a load knock. “I’m coming. Give me a sec-“

“Buffy, we had a boy and a girl! Twins Buffy! Twins!” Oz said excitedly as he held his son and daughter in his arms. Buffy stepped back and let the happy couple in. She laughed as she saw Willow lugging the baby supplies.

“He gets stuck with the kids and you get to carry the good stuff.”

“Oh yea! The good stuff alright,” Willow replied with fake happiness. Buffy took one of the bags from her and carried it into the kitchen, placing it down on the table, fallowed by Willow who did the same. “Ok, time to let mommy see her babies!” Willow happily took her son in her arms and began to rock him back and forth in a slow motion. “I see you pulled out Kate & Leopold, what happened?” Willow said, turning to Buffy who was looking at the family with pure wonder. Buffy shook her head, leaving her trance.

“Huh? What? Oh, nothing happened. Why do you guys think something has happened whenever I pull out Kate & Leopold?” she said, placing her hands on her hips. Oz stood up, holding his little girl, bouncing her as he walked towards Buffy.

“It’s just whenever you watch that, something has happened or you’re moping about your love life. So, what’s the deal?” Buffy shook her head and laughed.

“I don’t know. I just look at everyone around me, they have someone. Someone that will love them. I look at you two and I see this great future. And I wonder, will I ever have that?” Willow frowned, sitting down next to her friend while handing Oz their son. She put an arm around Buffy.

“Buffy, you’ll find someone. You will, you just haven’t found him yet. Or her, you never know Buffy.” Buffy laughed. “Listen, you are a strong woman Buffy. Within these past two years you have shown me what a strong woman you are.”

“Is it bad that I miss him?” She looked down at her hands, tears falling from her eyes. Willow shook her head, pulling Buffy into a hug.

“No Buffy. You loved him with all your heart. It’s ok that you miss him. But that doesn’t make him a good man. Liam O’Reilly fooled us all Buffy.”

“Yea, but it started off good. We were in love. . .” Oz bounced harmonically as he held the twins who were now crying.

“Honey, they’re hungry and I can’t feed them. I’ll talk to Buffy. Dude, to think of how quiet I was back in High School.” Willow and Buffy laughed as Willow took the sibling in her arms. She sat down in the chair as Oz took her place on the couch next to Buffy. “Listen Buff, you fell in love with Liam. He fell in love with you, I know. I was with him most of the time. But time changed and so did you two. You both grew and you two did try to hold on to what you had, no doubt about that. But you guys couldn’t keep it together. And that’s normal for a lot of people. There was only one mistake that he made. He decided to take it into his own hands and began to have an affair. Buffy, for no reason at all, it was not your fault. He made the mistake, the wrong choice. He decided to go down that path and he dragged you down it. Now, it’s been two years since you two were married. Two years since you’ve spent some real time with him. Within those two years, he changed but Buffy, that doesn’t mean you have to change with him. It’s time to take the reins Buffy. Take your life back Buff.” Buffy nodded, smiling at her friend. She turned to Willow, taking Oz’s hand in hers.

“Can I have him? Please? Pretty pretty please?” she cried. Both Oz and Willow laughed. He stood and walked over to Willow.

“Can she? Can she have me? Please?” Willow kicked him gently, handing him his son.

“No, she can’t have you. No, you can’t have him. He’s mine. All mine.” Oz lightly placed a kiss upon his wife’s lips.

“Ok. Take my life back. Take my life back. How do I do that?” Buffy asked a little confused at what to do.

“You could get together with Xander,” Willow suggested. “You know he’s liked you since the 10th grade!”

“Yea but he’s Xander! Xander my buddy! My Xander - shaped friend! I couldn’t think of him like that. Oh, I know! I know what I’ll do. I’ll call William!” Willow smiled.

“William! Who’s William? I don’t know about any William!”

“Well you should know this William! If you hadn’t gone into labor, I would have never met him!” Willow’s eyes widened and she shook her head.

“No Buffy. Bad idea. He is not one to use to take your life back! He’s too heartbroken! No, plus by policy, we can not have a romantic relationship with a client!”

“Well, my mom can bend the rules. Plus it’s ok to use Xander and not William? That, my friend, is screwed!” Buffy walked over and picked up the phone, dialing his number.

“No! Buffy put down that phone! Buffy-“

“Hello? William?”

~William’s Apartment~
William paced in front of the phone, not sure weather to call her or not. Why was he thinking of Buffy Summers? He sure as hell didn’t know. She had said she’d call to check up on him. That was four hours ago and here he was, pacing in front of the phone, waiting for her call. “I’m bloody pathetic.” Then the phone rang. He starred at it and it continued to ring. “Pick it up you bloody git!” he said to himself. Taking a deep breath, he picked up the phone. “Ello?”

“Hello? William?” He smiled, it was her.

“Yea, it’s William. Buffy? What is it?” He sat down at the kitchen table, smiling into the phone.

“Well, I said I was going to call you, so I’m calling – you.” He could hear her cover the receiver. “Oh god! What do I say?”

“Buffy? You there?” He smiled coyly into the phone and she could tell. She smiled back into the phone, nervous.

“Yea, I’m here. Listen, I was wondering if… um, you would like to have dinner . . . at my place . . . tonight.” William chuckled into the receiver at how she sounded. “I mean, you don’t have to-“

“No, it would be great. I’d love too. Want me to bring anything?”

“Other than your sexy self, nope.” William was taken aback.

“I’m sexy huh?” he asked.

“Maybe?” she said.

“Maybe, so there’s doubt.” He paused, as he breathing began to fasten. “Well, I guess I’ll have to prove myself,” he said, his voice low, husky, and seductive. A flash of Buffy on a bed with red satin sheets, her body nude, spread out on the bed. Her hair spread across the pillows. Her hazel eyes staring at him as she raised a crook finger and beckoned him. He felt himself grow hard at the image.

~Buffy’s House~
Buffy was taken back by what he said and how he implied it. She felt her self grow wet at the thought of it. Her breathing became ragged. She turned to Willow and Oz. “He’s coming on to me!” she whispered to them. “When do want to come over?”

“Well, it’s five. Would six be ok?” he asked, still trying to calm himself down. Buffy had hoped he would say ‘5:30’ but she decided it would be for the best. Now she would have more time to get ready and fix dinner.

“Yea. So, I’ll see you at six. Bye,” she said. Just as she was about to hang up the phone, she heard him say something.

“Buff, I don’t know where you live. An address would be nice.”

“Oh! It’s 1630 Revello Drive. I’ll see you in an hour. Bye.”

“Bye Buffy. Can’t wait for tonight.” Buffy put down the phone and looked at the family behind her.

“Six, he’s coming over at six. I have to pick out the perfect outfit, something sexy. Cooking! Shit, I can’t cook!” Willow shook her head as she motioned for Oz to set up the playpen for the twins.

“I’ll help with the dress; Oz can fix the dinner and watch the kids. We can also set up candles and some romantic music.” Oz nodded, smiling as he put the twins in the playpen along with some little toys.

“Ok! Then let’s get going!”

~Six O’clock~
William was able to find her house easily since he lived only two blocks away. He smoothed his blue satin shirt before ringing the doorbell. “Coming,” he heard her call. As the door opened, he took a deep breath and gazed at the beauty before him. She was wearing a dark red satin dress which ran down to the floor. Her blonde curls had been straightened and her hazel eyes shinned.

“Wow, you look beautiful,” he said smiling. He held out the white lilies which he had bought her. She gently took them from him. She smiled.

“Thank you. Both for the compliment and flowers. Come on in. Let me put these in water and then we’ll move onto the meal.” He fallowed her into her home where candles were lit and soft music was playing.

“Nice place.” He said in awe as he looked around the room. It was spacious, a lot bigger than what he was living in. She nodded, placing the vase with the lilies in it down on the kitchen table. He watched her with the smile, amazed at how beautiful she was. She was beautiful when he first met her but she looked even more beautiful in the glow of the candle light. “You’re beautiful.”

“You already said that,” she said shyly as he walked towards her. He smiled and took her hand in his.

“I’ll say it a thousand more times. It’s true. You luv, are the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen.” He raised her hand to his lips, kissing her gently. He smiled as he pulled away, only to be pulled back down to be kissed. They parted, both smiling.

“Do you think it’s weird for us to feel this way about each other after only meeting each other four days ago?” Buffy asked as they held each other in their arms.

“No,” he replied shaking his head. “Some people can sense it right away you know. Maybe we’re just one of those people.”

“Maybe.”

~An Hour Later~
Buffy laughed as William finished his story, picking up the dirty dishes and loading them into the dishwasher. William helped her finish loading the dishwasher and start it. “So, what now? Do you want me to stay?”

“Of course,” Buffy stated, closing the gap that was between them. He ran a hand over her bare arm, tracing her body with his eyes.

“For how long?” he said as he tilted his head to the left and wriggled his eyebrow suggestively.

“For as long as you want.” She moved closer to him, rubbing up against his body. She could feel his growing erection pressing at her stomach. She smiled, turning around and walking towards the stairs. She looked back at him, holding her hand up and with the crook of her finger told him to come. He smiled as he sauntered over to her. She hurried up the stairs as he fallowed, trying to get to her bedroom first.

Buffy had now changed out of her dress into her pajamas. She sat on her bed waiting for William to enter. When he didn’t she got off her bed and peeked outside of the door. She met William’s gaze immediately. His shocking blue eyes starring down at her own hazel ones. She stepped back slightly, opening the door with her.

William stood there, not sure of what to do. Did she want him to enter? Seeing his hesitation, Buffy took his hand in hers, smiling as she led him into the master bedroom. She walked over to her bed and sat down, moving her hair back behind her ear. She had changed into flannel pajamas. “You should have told me we were having a pajama party. I would have brought mine,” he said smiling.

“Oh! Sorry, it’s just the dress was all… um, I don’t know. I guess I got cold. But I have some pajamas you could borrow.” William walked over to the other side of the bed, sitting down next to her while slipping off his shoes. He then took her in his arms, letting her rest her golden head upon his chest.

“While that does sound appealing, I’ll pass. I’m quiet content in what I’m in.” Buffy sleepily nodded, closing her eyes while scooting closer to him. “Tired already love? We haven’t even done anything except eat.” Buffy sighed shaking her head.

“No, I’m just closing my eyes. Anyways, you want to watch a movie?”

“What movie?” He ran his fingers through her hair, savoring the touch of it. He gently squeezed her around the waist with his arm, kissing her forehead gently. Buffy shrugged, yawning slightly.

“You pick.” William nodded, shifting in his position.

“Ok, but you get under the covers and try not to fall asleep.” Buffy nodded happily, smiling as he got up and searched through the rows of DVD’s she had in her room. Finally settling on ‘The Breakfast Club’, he put it in and returned to Buffy’s side. He shifted under the covers, trying to find a comfortable position while Buffy laid her head on his chest.


William turned off the movie as the credits rolled. He looked over to find Buffy fast asleep next to him. “Beautiful,” he whispered, bending down to kiss her. He got up from his position, beginning to put on his shoes.

“You’re not leaving are you?” Buffy tiredly said as she sat up on the bed. William turned and smiled.

“No love, I’m not going anywhere.” Buffy smiled as she nodded, closing her eyes and going back into a laying position.

“Good, cause I’d have to hurt you if you were,’ she mumbled. He looked at her, shocked at what she had said. He stood, unbuttoning his shirt.

“Really? You would hurt me?” Buffy smiled, nodding as she looked up at him. He shook off his shirt, letting fall to the floor before removing his belt buckle. “I’d like to see you try that one day Miss Summers.” Buffy smiled brightly as he began to take off his pants.

“Maybe you will.” William chuckled, turning off the lights and climbing into the bed next to her.

“Come here you,” he said, pulling her flushed body to his. He wrapped his arms around her as she adjusted to the new position she was in. “How about tomorrow, you try and hurt me.” Buffy giggled, nodding her head.

“Ok, but sleep first.” William nodded, shutting his own eyes, both falling into their own separate dream worlds.

Buffy’s eyes fluttered open, the morning light flowing into her room. She smiled as she felt a heavy arm around her waist. Carefully, she turned over to look at the man that laid beside her. She smiled as she saw he was still asleep, his blonde hair ruffled. She scooted closer to him, kissing him lightly on his forehead.

William smiled, pulling her closer to him when he felt her lips leave his forehead. His eyes fluttered open to find her own eyes gazing steadily on his. “Morning love.”

“You too. It’s ten already.” Buffy began to sit up in the up right position only to be pulled back down into the loving arms of William.

“Nope. It’s too early.” Buffy rolled her eyes as he held onto her tightly, shutting his eyes. He opened an eye and looked up at her. She was looking at him, her lips in a full pout. He smiled, tucking his tongue behind his teeth. “Ah pouty, look at that lip. Gonna get it; gonna get it,” he said playfully before he took her lower lip into his mouth, nibbling gently. Buffy smiled into the kiss, pulling him closer to her. He licked her bottom lip, begging for entrance into her mouth. She granted, parting her lips, letting his tongue slip into her warm, moist mouth, dancing her tongue with his own. It was slow, tender, and sweet, while filled with heat, desire, passion, wand and need. Not the usual fierce and hunger kissing that Liam and her usually did.

He pulled back, resting his forehead against hers, eyes slightly closed. The phone began to ring. Buffy smiled as she got out of bed, a small blush across her cheeks. William watched from the bed as she crossed the room to pick up the phone. “Beautiful,” he whispered as he took all of her in.

“Willow? Why are you calling now?” She looked back at William and smiled. He leaned on his elbows as he watched the young woman giggle endlessly while she talking to Willow on the phone. “Willow not now. I’ll call you later.” Buffy sighed into the phone, walking over to the bed and seating herself next to William.

William smiled mischievously as he pulled Buffy into his arms, pulling her hair to the side, exposing her neck. “Willow not now!” William lightly placed open mouth kisses on her neck, letting his tongue run over her vanilla scented skin. “Willow I gotta go-AHH!” William smiled into the crook of her neck after letting his teeth lightly graze over her skin. “Yes Willow I’m fine. I stepped on something.” William laughed lightly before placing small kisses on her neck. “Bye Willow,” she said, putting the phone down on her nightstand before turning to a smiling William. “Bad!” she said, shaking her finger at him. He smiled, taking the small digit into his mouth. “William!” Buffy shrieked as she felt his tongue roll around her finger. She pulled her finger out of his mouth, making him frown slightly.

“I was enjoying that,” he said before lying back onto the bed, pulling Buffy with him. He sighed happily as she rested her head on his chest.

“I have to go take a shower,” Buffy said shyly. William nodded.

“Ok, you go do that and I’ll make breakfast.” Buffy nodded, nuzzling against his bare chest while closing her eyes for a moment to put what was happening to memory.

“Ok.” She slowly sat up before getting up and retrieving her clothes from her drawers. She looked back at William to find him intently watching her, a small smile upon his face. She smiled back before walking down the hall and into the bathroom.