PART 1 (Sorry to all Angel’s fans… if you read it you’ll see why… nothing bad anyway!)

Spike awoke, feeling someone beside him.
He opened his eyes, and the joy he felt when he realized it was Buffy was huge.
But that happiness was turning into a terrible fear: her body was cold, he didn’t see her breathing, but most of all he didn’t hear her heart beating.

< Is she…? No, not for the third time! I can’t lose her again..>

Headless of the fact that it was still afternoon, he was about to run to Willow to make her do one of her witchcrafts, when with his big surprise he felt Buffy stirring.
In fact, after few seconds, she popped her eyes open, panicking when she saw him and she realized where she was.
“ You? Me? Here? How?” was all she managed to say.
Neither Spike was able to say a word, puzzled as he was.
After all, few minutes before she seemed dead to him, and he was too bewildered to realize her heart wasn’t beating yet.
Finally, he talked.
“ It’s the same thing I’m trying to figure out, pet! All I can remember is your visit yesterday, we drank a little…”
Buffy took a look around, seeing the two empty flakes of whiskey and a broken shot-glass.
“ I don’t think ‘ a little’ is the right word. I guess we drank ourselves sick, just before falling asleep on your bed. But I have all my clothes on, you too; well… your T-shirt is a little rolled up..”

< Bad Buffy, stop staring at those abs to lick! >

“ .. why don’t you pull it out.. I MEAN pull it down?”
Spike obeyed, amused and surprised.
“ I guess we have just slept. Nothing bad happened…” she commented, heading to the bathroom to arrange herself, while he was still wondering if what he had seen at his awakening was just due to his imagination.
The icing scream Buffy gave out from the bathroom would have given him a heart-attack .. if only he hadn’t been already dead.
“ Buffy, what have you seen?”
“ What have I seen? What I HAVEN’T seen: my reflection at the mirror, which means only a thing… I’ve become a vampire!” she said in shock.
“ What…” Spike began asking as incredulous as dazed, but she interrupted him.
“ By the way, it’s already kinda absurd for a vampire to have a bathroom in his crypt, but why in flaming hell should you keep even a mirror inside?” she exclaimed, approaching to him like a predator with his prey.
“ Well… I like standing in front of it holding something and .. seeing it flowing in the air: it’s fun!” he explained, backing off.
“ Don’t try to change subject: YOU TURNED ME! You, damn bleached..” she screamed, hurling to him, but he dodged her.
“ Just how? My chip..”
“ Don’t bloody know how, but you did it!” she struck back, angrier and angrier.
“ Hey, don’t bloody steal my words!” he summoned her, still keeping his distance.
“ I bloody do what I bloody want!” she shout, trying to catch him, but she missed the mark again.
“ Anyway, as you can see, your plan has gone wrong, ‘cause there’s no Dark Queen, only soulful PISSED OFF Buffy!” she said, grabbing an empty flack to throw it against him, but he warded off the blow.
“ Glad ‘bout that; not the pissed off part, although I’ve got bloody used to that!” he said, ducking in time to avoid the candelabrum she threw against him.
“ I mean the soulful part: I could have never loved your soulless version. Just a couple of years ago, I couldn’t have asked better, but not now… I’ve changed!”
“ Actually, I’m the one WHO HAS CHANGED and it’s only your fault!” she growled, jumping to him, managing to pin him with his back on the ground.
He smiled, watching her entranced.
“ Lovely!”
“ What?” she frowned.
“ Your eyes are flashing gold..” he explained and she loosened her grip, shocked.
“ Oh, no! What I’ve become! I must look so ugly…”
“ You look beautiful..” he whispered, leaning to her to attempt to kiss her.
She was about to give in, then she remembered the situation and she shoved him to the ground again.
“ I’ve said no changing subject!”

There was a limit to Spike’s patience and Buffy had passed it.
Growling, he set himself free from her, shoving her away.
“ Just tell me, what bothers you more? That you’re a vamp now… or that *I * am your Sire?” he shout and this time his eyes flashed yellow.
Buffy felt a shiver down her spine.
“ Don’t use that word!” she summoned him, trying to punch him, but he blocked her hand.
“ Which one? * Sire* ? I use it as much I bloody please! It’s true, Buffy: I’m your Sire and you are my Childe. There’s an unbreakable powerful bond between us and you or anyone can’t do anything about it!” he said, grasping her other hand, too.
“ Now, I’ve got a power over you that you can’t even begin to imagine: I could snap my fingers saying just two words and you would fall helplessly in love with me…”
Buffy started to fear, then she felt him loosening his grip.
“… but I didn’t , I don’t and won’t ever do it. Don’t ask me why, you already know the answer!” he said, looking at her serious as never.
“ Because you love me!” she admitted with the same seriousness.
“ Yeah, and I respect you. I’d never done such a thing. It wouldn’t be you and I don’t want a lame copy of you to love me by command… Already tried the robot!” he added, with a smirk of his.
“ If it ever comes the day you’ll love me, I want it to be because you feel it, without any charm, any brainwashing…” he explained, kissing her forehead, glad that for once she hadn’t tried to punch him.. or worse, avoid him.
He wanted to do more, but it wasn’t the rightist moment to push his luck.
“ Look, Buffy, I don’t know and I still don’t remember what happened last night; but I’m more than sure I could never force you to do something against your will, no matter how bloody drunk I can be!”
“ So, what do you mean? That it was my fault? That I forced you to do it? I could never do such a thing, no matter how much whiskey I can drink!” she struck back.
“ What if somehow I had told you something that made you want to follow me? Or what if you had told me something that convinced me you needed that?”
“ Yeah, sure. Just like if I had complained ‘bout my life, you had suggested me to let you bring me in your world and I had willingly accepted it!”
They looked at each other and they end up splitting their sides with laughter, despite the gravity of the situation.
“ Naaah, it’s absurd!” they exclaimed at unison.
“ Maybe a spell… or a prophecy…” Spike suggested.
“ It could be everything! All I know is that normally, when two people got very drunk, sure, they do stupid things they mostly regret the morning after, but they never do something like this. I mean, couldn’t we just have some totally drunken sex and wake up with a big hang-over and a huge embarrassment?”
“ Don’t know ‘bout you, but I’ve got a bloody hangover and you chasing me yelling mad at me didn’t improve things…” he muttered, massaging his temples.
“ My head is going to explode, too!” she said, sitting on the bed.
“ Buffy, I’m sorry for you if you don’t like it, but I can’t say I regret it. I wanted it for so long…”
“ For some strange reasons, I’m not surprised at all. It’s like you had already told me it, I wonder when…” she explained, confused.
“ After all, it’s not so tragic: I mean, sure, now you’re a vamp, but there aren’t so many differences with the old Buffy..”
“ You think? I can’t stay in daylight anymore, so, excuse me, but I see it as a BIG DIFFERENCE!”
“ It’s not a problem: just ask me and I’ll run to L.A. to steal that famous ring from Mr. Perfect Hair and I won’t fail this time!” he said.
She burst out laughing.
“ What?” he asked, afraid that she was doubting ‘bout his skill.
“ The way you called Angel, it’s fun… but I guess it’s the demon making me laugh..” she justified.
“ You know, I’ve got lots of names for my ‘ Daddy’: Peaches, Poof, Party Boy…”
“ Party Boy?!” she frowned.
“ It’s pure irony, pet!”
“ Oh, right, sure. Any other name?” she wondered, not wanting to admit to herself she was having a good time.
“ Sure! Brilliantine-Slave; Dejected 24/7 … and that’s my fave: B.B.B. I dare you to find out what every ‘ B’ stands for..”
“ Mm.. between ups and downs… I know you for something like almost five years. I guess I’ve learned something ‘bout you: I bet the first one is ‘ Bloody’!”
“ Very good!”
“ Well, the second… mm.. sad, grieving, mourning… wait, I got it: ‘ Broody’!”
“ Impressive, pet!”
“ Thank you. Let me think about the last one… ‘ Bloke’? Naaah, too banal. ‘ Brain-dead ’? It suits better to Harmony…”
Due to her terrible hangover, racking her brain was the last thing she needed.
“ I give in, tell me!”
“ Simple: Bloody Broody Big-Jaw!”
“ Oh, C’mon! He has not a so big jaw…” she commented but some giggles escaped from her mouth.
“ Yeah. Just like Dumbo has not so big ears…” he struck back and Buffy resumed laughing madly.
“ It’s still the demon..” she clarified between laughter.
“ Yeah, who dares to doubt ‘about it?” he observed sarcastic.
“ Anyway,… Dumbo? Don’t tell me the Big Bad watches Disney Movies!” she teased him.
“ It was only an example!” he defended.
“ Yeah, yeah. After all, that’s coming from a Master Vampire who has never missed a single episode of ‘ Passions’!” she laughed.
He smiled.
“ Look. Just a quarter ago you were desperate and mad, and now you are splitting your side with laughter! I’m quite good to make you smile…”
“ You’re right, Spike. You have brought the smile back to me, and I’m not talking just about now: since when I’ve come back, you’ve been the only one who didn’t suffocate me with attentions. I guess you’re born to cheer me up… and, of course, also to be my personal punch bag when everything goes wrong!” she said, making him laugh for her last remark.
“ Then, I just wonder why you’re not punching me right now, sweetie!”
“ I wonder the same!” she smiled, approaching him.
“ Spike?”
“ What?”
“Ow.”
“ Ow?!”
“ Ow. Ow. OOOW!” she screamed, smashing herself against the wall, clutching herself.

TBC