And The Next Bit....



Buffy had arrived 'home' to a cacophony of concern. After having solved her second problem by buying a rather beautiful red scarf on the way home, she decided to stick to as close to the truth as possible.



She'd met the commando guys. They tried to zap her. She got away. She fell. (Little fallacy) She hit her head, felt dizzy and spent the night in a out of reach cave. Sorry.



Buffy sighed in relief as Willow finally pulled Xander away, giving the slayer some time to re-group. She was this close to knocking Xander out. Honestly, he was getting like a parent what with all his accusatory questioning. "Wanker." Buffy growled under her breath, then jumped, startled by the knocking on the front door.



She crossed the room and accepted the thin-stemmed red rose and folded slip of paper with a frown and thanked the delivery boy and shut the door. Moving back to her bed she lifted the rose petals to her nose, inhaling the delicate fragrance as she unfolded the note, examining the unfamiliar hand.



She frowned then smiled and moved to retrieve her shower things, intent on washing before she left. The note was replaced on the bed, the flower just next to it.



Sunnydale Hotel.



I know you don't have classes tomorrow.

Room 48. Forth floor.

Midnight.



***



Buffy sighed and straightened down the thin satin dress that hung around her body. She'd left a note for Willow saying she'd be at her mother's and not to worry before leaving the dorms.



The surprisingly impressive hotel loomed before her. She took a step, then paused before cursing her anxiety and walking into the foyer. She gratefully noted that there was no hotel staff about, ready to deny her access, and headed for the elevator.



The doors pinged open on the forth floor and Buffy stepped out into the carpeted hallway. The glanced at the door in front of her and then to her left before determining that 48 must be down the hallway to the right.



The slayer raised her hand to knock on the door and then jumped slightly as a soft kiss was placed on her neck just above the scarf by cool, firm lips. One leather-covered arm wrapped itself around her waist while the other hand moved to unlock the door as he continued to kiss her neck.



Spike pushed open the door, silently urging the slayer to walk in before closing it behind them. He dropped the keys and his jacket on the table by the door before pulling the slayer into his arms. As his mouth met hers', he lifted one hand to unwind the silk from Buffy's neck. It fell soundlessly to the floor, forgotten as the vampire lifted the slayer in his arms and carried her to the bed.



***



Buffy smiled peacefully and snuggled back in her sleep. Spike kissed the top of her head, pulling her further into his embrace, possessively enclosing her body with his own.



It was three am. Nearly two hours until sun-up. If Spike thought about it, Sunnydale probably wasn't the best place for a vampire to live. What with the late sun downs and early sun-ups. Why would one want to come here, never mind return?



The slayer moaned his name in her sleep, holding his arms tighter around her body, and he smiled.



"This is a pretty good reason." He murmured, and ducked his head pressing a kiss to the fresh bite mark on her neck. He couldn't believe that she actually let him bite her, never mind actually bare her neck for him.



His eyes roamed her neck, wondering why he felt no desire to drain her. Surely, having tasted her blood (which was sweeter than any other slayer) the demon inside him would have wanted to at least.



But no. The demon just seemed sated with the knowledge his mark was on her neck. No part of that made sense. Or at least not the sense he was ready to admit.



***



Buffy sighed contentedly as the hard spray massaged down her back, warming her fatigued body. She closed her eyes and leaned her head against the cool tiled shower unit.



Spike smiled as he watched her. He swallowed convulsively as she bent down to retrieve the complimentary bottle. His eyes roamed over her naked form as she raised her arms to lather her hair in shampoo. She turned to wash the suds out of her hair and he inhaled sharply. Her eyes still closed she leant back against the tiles and sighed.



The vampire slipped inside the shower cubical, pressing his body against hers as he began to kiss her.



Spike pulled her up to his eye level and her legs wrapped around his waist as he slid in and out of her hot, wet core. Spike slipped his mouth from the watery golden skin of her breasts up to claim her mouth again in an attempt to quieten her cries of pleasure. Buffy moaned loudly against his mouth as he rocked his hips forward on to her clit.



She could feel her impending orgasm and as his mouth moved to her neck she bit down on his shoulder, hard. With a strangled shout of her name Spike came, sinking his fangs into her neck. At the touch of his fangs Buffy came, screaming his name.



Spike moaned as her powerful blood flowed over his tongue and he lowered a hand between them, fingering her slippery clit. Within seconds she came again calling his name out once more. Spike slid them down to the floor of the tub; her legs still wrapped tightly around his waist, his cock still deep within her quivering core. As he lay back against the bath Buffy collapsed against him. He retracted his fangs, and as he carefully soothed the bite with his tongue



He eventually removed his head from her neck and Buffy pressed her body further onto his as he kissed her again. Using the arm that wasn't around Buffy, Spike steadied himself, pushing them into a standing position.



He wrapped a towel around the slayer's shivering form and quickly dried himself off. Both reasonably dry they adopted the two plush beige robes hanging on the back of the door and crossed back to the bed.



Buffy picked up the remote as she slid back under the covers, sliding the now damp robe off her now dry body. She giggled, looking down at her belly and making a shushing sound as her stomach rumbled and flicked on the television.



"Hungry, pet?" Spike picked up the menu from the bedside table and passed it to her.



"Mmmm, thanks." Buffy accepted the menu and threw her legs over the other side of the bed and crossed to the phone on the little glass table. She was shocked by the offer but tried to act as normal as possible as well as control her fast-beating heart. Picking up she dialled the kitchens taking a shaky breath, asking for some breakfast and leaving the room number at the desk.



She crawled back onto the bed and sat, looking at Spike who was towel drying his short hair. *This is insane.* She watched a water droplet slide down his naked chest, her eyes moving lower. She swallowed heavily and dragged her eyes up to his just as he looked at her. "So, this is a step-up from a crypt." She commented.



"Figured I could do with a change."



"How about a different hair colour? You've had that...for what? Thirty years. You gotta be bored of it. How about I re-dye it? There’s some great..."



"Not a fucking chance, love!" Spike growled at her, flopping back onto the bed.



"Someone’s touchy about their bleached locks!" Buffy giggled as he growled at her then let out a little squeal when she saw a film she recognised on the movie channels.



"What?" Spike asked, unconsciously drawing her into his chest before he began nuzzling at the base of her throat.



Buffy sighed at the attention and leaned into his touch, "I like the movie."



"Which one?" Spike looked up then scowled at the TV. screen. "No bloody way! Give me the remote, pet. I'm not watching that."



He made a grab for the remote but she eluded him. Spike attempted to wrestle the remote away from the slayer but she held it tightly, wriggling out of his grasp. Spike tackled her, sending them both flying against the pillows as he began to tickle her.



The knock on the door broke into the slayer's hysterical giggles and the vampire pressed a hard kiss to her lips, removing the remote from her grasp as she lay breathless. Buffy sat up as he crossed the room and wrapped the discarded robe around her body, cringing at the dampness of the material.



Spike opened the door and withheld a frown when he found the redheaded receptionist carrying the breakfast tray.



"Hi, you ordered some, uh...breakfast?" She breathed, staring hotly into his eyes as she trailed one hand up and down the doorframe.



He could smell her arousal and inwardly Spike wondered how he was going to explain some horny receptionist to the slayer but Buffy's voice saved him.

"Spike? Who is it?"



"You're breakfast, love." Spike responded, attempting not to laugh at the woman’s' face as he beckoned her in.



The red head walked in, glared at the slayer before placing the tray on the chest at the bottom of the bed and walked out without another word, shutting the door behind her.



"What was that about?" Buffy frowned at the woman’s' hostility.



"Beats me."



"Most does." Buffy commented and Spike snorted as he tried to hold back unwarranted laughter at her quick answer.



Buffy reached forward and plucked a grape from the fruit bowl before snagging a piece of toast and lying back. Spike walked back to the bed and flopped down next to the slayer. Buffy threw the half eaten toast back onto the tray then attempted to lean forward to retrieve the glass of orange juice. She growled when she found she was trapped under the wet robe that was twisted around her body. After attempting several times to remove she finally impatiently tore it from her body.



"Better, love?" Spike asked sarcastically as the slayer lay back, juice in hand.



"Much, now give me the remote."



"No."



"No?" Buffy raised her eyebrows.



"No." Spike shook his head as though in need of something to strengthen the argument.



"Fine I'm off, see ya around." Buffy placed down her glass and made to move off the bed. She'd barely stood before Spike had her pinned under him.



"You're mine and you're not leaving over a fucking remote!" Spike growled, leaning down to give her a biting kiss.



When she broke for air, Buffy forced out the words as he slid inside her. "Possessive baby?"



"Very." Spike growled, claiming her lips again. Buffy whimpered and mewled against the force of his lips as he slammed into her over and over again. Spike could feel himself nearing release, but wanting her to come first he lowered his hand to her clit, flicking over the swollen nubbin.



Buffy ripped her lips from his to scream his name as she tightened like a vice around him and he clamped down on her neck as he too found his release.



***



"I don't like the whole, 'silver can kill you' but 'crosses don't do a thing' bit." Buffy stated half way through the film, , from her position on the bed; wrapped in Spike's arms. "Or the whole, 'sunblock'll make the whole thing vamoose'."



"I don't like it period." Spike grumbled, pissed off that he was watching this crap.



"Why ever not?" Buffy feigned ignorance and he growled at her causing her to laugh as she turned her head back to the television screen. Buffy watched as the black woman on the screen removed the two round plasters from the puncture holes on her neck and she frowned. "If you get turned you should die then rise then I stake you, not screw around with the whole did she 'catch' it thing." Buffy commented.



Spike leant down and gently kissed the mark on the slayers neck, smiling as Buffy arched back into him, tilting her neck in a way that showed complete trust in him. Trust that, by rights, she shouldn't have given and he shouldn't feel the need to prove he warranted.



"You know..." Buffy began, shivering as Spike's hand cupped her breast, his thumb rubbing over the nipple.



"Hmmm?" The vampire asked, swirling his tongue across her shoulder and up her neck in intricate patterns.



"I'm not gonna be able to wear a scarf forever. They'll know something’s up."



"I'll be good." Spike purred against her throat as he nudged her legs apart, sliding slowly into her from behind.



"Fat chance." She hissed as he began to slowly move in and out of her and began to meet his thrust with her own, pushing herself back onto him. The gentleness of his lovemaking in complete contradiction to that just an hour or so before.



***



The annoying bleeping sound woke the slumbering Slayer at five pm. Buffy quickly switched off the noise, thankful that it hadn't woken Spike, and carefully retracted herself from his embrace.



She was just refastening her last earring when Spike woke up. He sleepily reached out beside him, frowning when his arm hit thin air. He sat up and looked across at Buffy who was combing her hair by the mirror.



"Where are you going?" He asked sleepily when he noticed her state of dress.



Buffy turned around, "Hi, you're awake." She crossed over and sat by him, leaning down to kiss him while she slipped on her sandals.



The slayer broke away and stood up, moving to get her bag, "Willow'll come looking for me in an hour after some Wicca thing and I'm meant to be at my moms."



She turned around, to find him right behind her. He gently cupped the back of her head with one hand, pressing a tender kiss to her lips. Buffy sighed and sagged against him as her tongue played with his. Forcing herself away she re-did the zip of her dress that had managed to come undone during the kiss and kissing him one last time left the room, "I'll see you later?"



Spike nodded. "Bye, love."



***



"No, I had a really great day. Back in my house but sans parent was very therapeutic!" Buffy half lied. She felt bad but she doubted Willow would understand what was going on with her and Spike...not that she had any idea herself.



Fortunately the wound on her neck had healed but she still had bite marks on her breast and inner thigh. *As long as I don't have trouble covering them I don't care!*



"So, you gonna come to the Bronze tonight? Dingo's are playing!" Willow asked, breaking into her thoughts.



"Sounds fun."



Willow got up, "Well, I have to go meet Oz. How about I meet you there - an hour?"



"Sure - I'll do a quick sweep first then come on down." Buffy got up, showing Willow to the door. She watched as the witch walked out into the night and closed the door.



Seconds later there was a tap at the back door and with a frown she crossed to the door. Her frown turned to a fake-smile when she saw who was there and opened the door, "Come in."



***



Spike growled, viciously throwing the cigarette stub to the ground before he lit yet another cigarette and continued his pacing back and forth in front of the tree near the Summer's kitchen window.



_-_-_



"So, how long are you here for?" Buffy asked attempting to smile, attempting to react how her visitor would expect her too. Attempting to ignore the fact that he had a super sense of smell and could probably smell her new lover all over her.



"Just tonight. I came to warn you actually." The slayer need not have worried since Angel was making sure he inhaled through his mouth to speak, not wanting to smell another man on the woman he loved.



"Warn me? About what?" Buffy's 'slayer' mode switched on and she prepared herself for the possibility of big bads heading her way.



"Spike."



"Spike?" She squeaked. *Stay cool, Summers. Let him finish.* She coughed to clear her throat, mind and buy her some time. "What about him?"



"He's here, in Sunnydale."



"I, uh know." Buffy said, not meeting his eyes raising Angel's already suspicious mind at the thought of his childe being back.



"You know?" Angel growled, standing up.



"Yes, I've seen him."



"Is he dead."



"Of the 'un' sense."



"Buffy..."



"What, Angel? He's your childe wouldn't you have felt it if he'd died. Why couldn't you have called, why the trip? You were fine to get that Irish guy to call last time. What’s so different now." Buffy asked, taking the defensive at the old vampire's aggressive mannerisms.



"Because Spike is dangerous and he's..."



"I have fought him before, I don't see what the..."



"Yeah, fought him. Never killed him." Angel interrupted her, a hint of jealousy in his voice.



"There weren't any opportunities! The first time my mom was there, the second there were all those children and the third I needed him to get Willow and Xander back. The only other time I needed his help was in saving the world from being sucked into Hell." Angel look down shamefully at her words and Buffy sighed. She glanced at the clock on the wall. "Look Angel, I'm going out. Thanks for the heads up but..."



"You're fine."



"Yeah." She watched as Angel made his way to the back door.



"Next time I'll call."



"I think that would be best." Buffy replied, a hint of regret in her voice. Angel nodded sharply before leaving the house.



With a heavy sigh Buffy moved up the stairs and crossed to her bedroom. She lit the candle on her dressing table and shed the dress she was wearing, moving to her cupboard to choose a different out fit.



She discounted the cool air as a change of breeze through her open window and continued rummaging through, unable to decide. She finally selected a thin-strapped cotton dress that was as deep as the night’s sky in colour. She crossed to her dressing table, holding the dress in front of her half nude figure as she examined her choice.



Her spider senses tingled as she turned, the dress clutched against as she knew she wasn't alone. Standing less than a meter away was a leather clad figure whose eyes were burning in their intensity.



Buffy dropped the dress to the floor as he pulled her into his arms and his mouth came down upon hers. Spike slid his hands down her body, grabbing her ass and lifting her up. He placed her softly on the bed, lying over her as her legs wrapped around his waist.



As he slid his lips to her neck he growled in her ear, "What was he doing here?"



"He...aah...wanted to let me kno-oh y-y-you were back." Buffy replied as he slid a hand inside her panties, thrusting a finger in and out of her as he stimulated her clit.



"Is that all?" Spike growled, shoving her underwear down her legs and positioned his suddenly free cock at her entrance. He thrust inside of her, capturing her shriek of pleasure in his mouth as he involved her in another heavy kiss.



When Buffy broke away to breathe he repeated his question, jealousy evident in his voice, "Is. That. All?"



"Yes...ye-ye-ye....SPIKE!" The slayer exploded into orgasm, screaming out her lover's name.



***



Elsewhere her scream was heard and a dark figure ran back the way he'd come, fearing the worst. And being about to find it.




TBC....

A/N: Thanks for the reviews - updates came a little quicker this time, right? Please do R&R! It completely makes my day!