Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for being so long in updating - they should be coming a lot faster now :)
With a feral snarl Spike forced out the words by her ear, moments before he came. "You're Mine, slayer." He clamped down on her jugular, claiming her once again as his. Buffy arched against him before collapsing on the bed, her body wracking with shudders.



Spike eventually raised his head from her neck and stared down at her flushed face and sated, dazed eyes. He brought up a hand and brushed away some of the hair from her face. "Mine." He whispered, pressing his lips back to hers.



Buffy broke for air minutes later and he buried his face in her hair as she stroked the back of his head. "Yours." She whispered quietly. She smiled as she heard him purr once and closed her eyes.



***



At the window brooding yellow eyes closed themselves to the blood tears that now filled them. He forced his human face back to the forefront and jumped down from the roof and back to where he'd parked his motorcycle. It was time for the angel to return to his city.



***



Buffy finally found the energy to push at Spike's' shoulders and he moved off her. He frowned when she crossed to the dressing table and looked at the mirror reflection of herself. She sighed when she saw the twin punctures at the base of her throat.



Crossing to the cupboard once again she was about to discard the original dress when she took another look. They were low enough for her hair to cover them, a little make up and bingo no more vamp lover who insists on biting her on the neck.



Retrieving some new underwear she dressed, curling her hair so that it covered the mark. Standing up she looked over at the vampire who had readjusted his clothing and lay with one hand propping him up, watching her.



"Where are you going?" Spike asked, pulling her back on to the bed.



Buffy leant down to kiss him briefly before pulling away, "The Bronze. Oz's bands playing there."



"Oz? The wolf?"



"Yep. I'm gonna be all supportive.."



"Of the wolf?" Spike interrupted, his eyes narrowing.



"Of Willow." She clarified, giving him a look. "I was meant to be there twenty minutes ago so I better go."



"Want me to drive you pet? The cars around the corner." Spike offered as she got up.



Buffy considered it for a moment, "Okay, thanks."



***



"Wow, ever clean your car?" Buffy asked, rolling down a window.



"Every decade." Spike answered, so seriously said causing the slayer to burst out into giggles.



***



"Thanks." Buffy said as Spike pulled up around the corner from the nightclub. Spike pulled the slayer across the seat, pulling her on to his lap, pulling her lips on to his and pulling her tongue into his mouth.



Buffy moaned, sliding her hands up his chest, gently scratching at his chest with her short nails. As the kiss intensified Buffy pushed him away before they just had sex in the car.



"I have to go." She grabbed her purse and got out of the car, giving him a cheeky wave she sashayed into the club.



Spike sighed, watching her hips sway until she was out of sight before slamming his head into the steering wheel. What the fuck was wrong with him? *I'm a master vampire. Not some pussy-whipped puppy. Or Angel. Bloody Fucking Hell!* He'd come back to kill her...and hadn't....again.



Having said that, this was better than the last time his cock quickly reminded. But he was a demon. Why wasn't his demon fighting this? Stupid fucker was actually all for it - what was he doing? Marking her? *Does she even know what it means?* Probably not. Spike wasn't sure if he was happy about that or not. At least it covered his feelings for now.



Slamming his fist into the steering wheel with a growl he slammed the car door and stormed into the Bronze.



***



She was sat in the corner, smiling at the witch and whelp as they went off to dance to the fast music, on one of the two comfy sofa's that surrounded the coffee table.



Spike stood in the shadows, only a few meters away, his blue eyes the colour of a stormy sea at night as he watched her. He frowned as some muscular kid walked up to her. The vampire growled low in his throat, his face changing as the slayer eventually got up and walked to the dance floor.



***



Buffy inwardly sighed, "Okay, Riley." She put on her best 'I'm really happy about this' smile and let him take her hand to lead her to the dance floor.



The commando moved them into the classic dancing position, attempting to pull the slayer closer but found he couldn't so he left it.



"So, where were you the other day?"



"Oh, I...uh, wasn't very well so I just rested." Buffy lied as quickly as possible, keeping his body at arms length now having a completely different vampire's senses to worry about. She very much doubted Spike would be as calm as Angel would.



"Oh, I'm sorry. You're feeling better?" Riley asked with a gentle smile.



"Yeah, than..." Buffy's voice trailed off when she noticed an angry set of yellow eyes on her.



"Are you okay?"



"What? Oh, yeah just thought I saw some one I knew from LA."



"LA?"



"I used to live there before we moved to Sunnydale." Buffy explained.



"Oh. Well, let me tell you, you missed a real riot in psychology. Professor. Walsh set a practical experiment. If you don't have a partner..."



Buffy sent him a commiserating look, "Sorry, Willow got the notes and stuff for me. But thanks."



"Sure thing." Riley moved them a little further into the dance floor, attempting once again to wrap his arms around her as a slow song came on.



"Um, do you mind if I sit this one out?" Buffy said hastily as the love song rolled around the room and couples everywhere pressed closer to each other. She quickly moved out of his arms, attempting to smile up at him.



"No, of course. Would you like something to drink?" Riley asked, trying to catch her eyes but found they were focused behind him. He turned and saw a furious looking white blonde man stalking over to them.



"Do you know him?" Riley asked as Buffy paled.



"Um, yeah. Riley, I don't know how to say this but maybe it would be better if you could...." Buffy sent him a helpless look and he caught on.



"No, sure. You don't need any help with this guy?" He asked, big brotherly.



"No, he's just...a little possessive."



"I'll be at the bar if you need me." Riley said just as the pre-mentioned blonde arrived in front of them.



Spike grabbed Buffy sharply by the arm causing her to hiss from the pain caused by the sudden movement.



Riley turned around at the sound. "Is there a problem here?"



"Not yet." Spike growled, scowling at the boy, and he pulled the slayer closer.



Buffy met Riley's eyes and nodded that she was okay, "I'll see you tomorrow, Riley." The commando nodded slowly then tilted his head towards the bar before heading back there.



Buffy spoke before Spike had a chance to, her eyes scanning the dark room to insure that none of her friends had witnessed the exchange. "What are you doing here?" She hissed.



"Who the fuck was that?" He growled at her.



"Spike! Now isn't the time! You know Willow and Xander are here; are you crazy?" Buffy hissed back at him, her eyes still scanning the darkness.



"Certi-fucking-fiable!" Spike growled, tugging her lips to his. Buffy moaned and her eyes fell shut as the room tilted and the world melted away, wrapping her arms around his shoulders as he pulled her closer still, lifting her off her feet.



Buffy broke away a few breathless minutes later and Spike hugged her to him, placing soft kisses along her jaw line as he inhaled her scent. He growled happily when the slayer sighed and tilted her neck for him.

Buffy's eyes slowly opened, immediately and unwittingly watching as Riley spoke in rather concerned terms with Willow and Xander. She watched as Xander stood, trying to see where she was.



Quickly, Buffy pushed Spike away dragging him from the club. She could hear her friends worried voices a few meters behind them though she knew they couldn't see them as Willow asked where they were.



Buffy turned down an alleyway and Spike pushed her up against the wall, his mouth down on hers. "Spike...they're...coming!" Buffy hissed against his mouth between kisses.



Extending his senses Spike sighed, knowing that they'd come around the corner within thirty seconds. He pushed away from Buffy, "Hit me."



"What?" Buffy frowned her brain still a little lust-fuzzy.



"Hit me." Spike said, his face morphing just as they rounded the corner. Buffy got the idea and punched him in the face, not bothering to use her full strength. He blocked her next swing and aimed a kick for her head. Buffy ducked, knocking his feet out from under him. She caught the stake that Willow threw her from their position, several meters away - giving her fighting room.



Buffy grinned evilly at him and straddled his waist, holding the stake over his chest although nowhere near his heart. She ground herself down into his erection, her knees pinning his arms. He thrust his hips up and growled at her.



"Spike, so...I thought I told you to leave....you know I'm sure there was a 'never come back' clause in our deal somewhere."



"Really?" Spike feigned confusion. "I'll be sure to check my paperwork, pet."



"What are doing back?" Buffy asked, trying to ignore the hand that slid up her thigh on the side away from her friends. "Here to cause more trouble? Killed Trick by the way."



"I heard. And I do love trouble." He grinned up at her, his demon slid away and he threw her off of him. She landed gracefully, rolling to her feet by her friends. She watched as he jumped twenty feet up on to the top of the building and gave her a cocky salute before disappearing from sight.



"Great." Buffy muttered as she turned back to her friends.



"Buffy are you okay, why didn't you stake him?" Willow asked her suddenly.



"I don't know...I don't know what’s happening, I'm so tired I just thought..." Tears filled her eyes as the truth of the whole situation hit her.



"Its okay Buff, you'll get him next time." Xander put a comforting arm around her. After his last bollocking from Willow he'd realised that maybe the whole stress of slaying and managing a 'normal twenty year old' life with college and guys was a little much for the slayer. Buffy sighed when her perceptive hearing picked up a quiet growl and her senses informed her of the blonde vampire's presence.



She smiled up at him, moving out of his arm. "I'm gonna go home. Will, do you think you could collect work for me tomorrow? I only have one class. Mom's still away - I was gonna pop in, check the house but I think I just wanna sleep for a day."



"Sure Buffy!" Willow smiled, sympathetically at her friend. "Do you want me to drop off anything - clothes or something?"



"Nah, I still have stuff there. Do guys need me to walk the rest of the way with you?"



"Nope, I'll take our resident witch home after the bands all done don't you go a-worrying!" Xander smiled at her.



"Thanks Xander. I'll call you later." Buffy said to Willow, reclaiming her bag from the Wicca.



"Sure."



***



Buffy trudged up the stair and pushed open her bedroom door, collapsing on the bed then wriggling out of her clothes from her position. With a sigh she closed her eyes and allowed all the tension to drain from her body as she waited for Giles' inevitable phone call of concern.



Her hand moved out, hitting the play button on her CD player, allowing soft music to flow through her bedroom and her mind as she turned on her side sighing again. She felt the bed shift as a new weight lay behind her and her lips turned up into a tired smile.



"Why were you crying, love?" Spike murmured, wrapping his arms around her as he moulded his body to hers.



"What? Oh, nothing...I'm just tired."



"Tired?"



"Of lying."



"About what, ducks." Spike asked, kissing her neck.



Buffy rolled on to her back, glaring at him incredulously, "I got a bad mark in my math test! What do you think I've lied about?"



"What’s the big deal, pet? You've never lied before?" Spike frowned at her.



Buffy tried to glare at him but when he simply raised his eyebrows she sighed. "Spike. Not telling them I'm having sex with a soul-less vampire is one thing - understandable even. But when said soul-less vampire turns up when he knew the people who I'm not telling him about are all there..." She trailed off giving him a pointed look.



"Did they suspect anything?"



"No, but if Giles was..." The phone ringing cut off Buffy. She reached over to pick it up saying, "Now this is Giles, shut up!"



"Mums the word." Spike nodded and gave her a devilish smile that made her trust him as far as Xander could have thrown him.



"Hi Giles. No patrol was pretty slow. She did...well, yeah. No I was gonna tell you...I don't know what he wants, doubt he's looking for another t-oooh-ruce." Buffy slapped Spike's hands as they skimmed her sex, having already slid up her thigh. "Hot cup. I'm just way tired Giles. No, I didn't see them. Alright I'll come round tonight - I'll even bring popcorn! Of course not. Very serious matter. Totally agree. No, sir! Night, Giles."



She replaced the phone and was immediately involved in a heavy kiss. She pushed him away as she regained her breath, "I'm tired. Go away!"



"Slayer!" Spike wined, trying to kiss her again. She stopped him and he pouted.



Buffy giggled at him, "I wanna sleep now. If you'd let me sleep properly yesterday..."



"You slept for hours!" Spike exclaimed.



"I need more!"



"Pet." Spike said slowly, trailing a finger down her body. "I can't fuck you in the day...unless you come to the hotel and..."



"Come back later then." Buffy interrupted through a yawn.



"No." Spike murmured, he pulled Buffy into his arms and pulled the cover over her. He smiled when as she turned in his arms, laying her head against his t-shirt clothed chest. Her hand moved to untuck the shirt, and slid her warm hand up his cool chest as she sighed.



When her breathing turned to that of a deep sleep - unlikely to be woken - Spike gently moved her off him. He crossed to the open window, shutting it and blocking out the sunrays that the morning would bring. Pulling off his clothes he dumped them in a pile in the corner of the room. Crossing to the bed he lifted the side of the cover and slid in next to Buffy. The slayer moaned in her sleep and curled up next to him, looping her leg in between his she lay half on top of him, her arm flopped over his chest.



Spike sighed, the sound coming out as a little purr when the slayer moaned his name. Closing his eyes he let himself slip asleep, pulling the slayer's naked body into his even more.



***



"Spike?" Buffy spoke softly as she awoke, expecting to find him next to her. She frowned and extended her senses. No vamps, no running water, no TV., no nothing. *I thought he stayed.* With a sigh she turned around, smiling at the cracks of daylight that streamed in the window, her blinds not being adequate enough to keep the daylight out.



She frowned as her gaze turned to the rest of the room. A leather duster, jeans and a red shirt lay in the corner next to some combats. "Spike?"

Ashes falling to the ground flashed through Buffy's mind as she gasped, hesitantly lifting up the side of the sheet next to her.



Tears filled her eyes as she pulled back the cover. A small shriek erupted from her parched throat as she regarded the ash particles that lay down the bed.

Her hand shot out and hit the bed, her brain denying what her eyes could see.



She heard a familiar evil sound behind her and turned to see Angel laughing at her.



"Not Angel." He said, darting forward and making a grab for her.



_-_-_



"Spike..." Buffy whimpered, tears streaming down her face. The blonde vampire frowned down at her, pulling her closer to him as he gently stroked her hair.



"Shh, love. Its okay...." He whispered soothingly. He jumped as her body jerked suddenly and her eyes opened as she let out a small yelp.



"Slayer?" The British voice forced her unseeing eyes into focus and Buffy finally stared back into the concerned eyes of her mortal enemy. She wrapped her arms and legs around him, burying her face in his neck as she tried to force the tears to stop flowing.



Spike continued to stroke her hair, whispering more words of comfort as she continued to silently sob.

Eventually the tears stopped and she curled back down on him, not bothering to move from her position of straddling his waist she fell back asleep.





TBC... Soon!

Please do review!