Ch. 1: Gifts Galore

"Happy birthday, Buffy!" the gang yelled out as Willow brought in a cake glowing with candles.

Buffy smiled at the close group of friends surrounding her and tried to repress the sigh that was threatening to escape. She knew she should be happy to be loved by them, she knew she should enjoy life and not be hung up on the fact that everyone was coupled except for her, and she knew that having a man would not make her life perfect. Yes, she knew all these things. But she also knew that she was spending more and more time with her big pink dildo and that her weeknights were far too boring for her liking and that her desire for a steady boyfriend was only surpassed by her desire to get laid. Those were the facts and she was sticking to them.

"Cut the cake!" Xander exclaimed, already sucking the icing off one of the many candles she had just blown out.

"Xander, calm yourself. I thought you were going on a diet?" Anya reminded him as she snatched the candle away from his mouth.

"Diets are not allowed on birthdays, and Buffy's cake is all yummy with chocolate!" Xander protested. Buffy snuck him another candle while Anya was throwing the other one away. Then she began cutting slices for everyone.

"I can do that," Tara offered. "You go eat your cake. There are strawberries, too." She deftly served everyone, and Buffy enjoyed letting others serve her.

"You know, if it weren't for the chronic depression and accidents that tend to occur on my birthday, I'd really get into the whole slave-for-Buffy thing. It feels natural." She grinned with chocolate smudged on her lips.

"Uh, Buffy, you have some--" Willow motioned with her hands. "You might wanna wipe it."

"Why? No one to impress or anything," Buffy grumbled as she wiped her mouth. "But I'm not going to let that rain on my day. Nope. Today I'm going to be perky Buffy."

"So let's open gifts!" Anya suggested. "Gifts always make me happy."

Buffy tore into the pile of gifts that sat on the table in front of her. First was Willow and Tara's gift-- a fluffy terry cloth robe with her monogram and fluffy slippers to match. "Ooh, awesome!"

"We thought, since you liked taking baths so much, this would be nice to slip into afterwards." Willow hugged her friend while Tara offered a smile as she brought in more food.

"It's perfect! And so soft. This is really a great gift. Thanks," Buffy said sincerely. She smiled again, her heart warming at the sight of the two girls so obviously in love with each other. Again, she buried that slight twinge of envy at their intimacy and ease with one another and turned to the next gift.

"That one's from me," Dawn said, the youngest of the group. "Well, us--me and Andrew." She blushed slightly as she included the young boyfriend in the group. They were a new couple, still a little awkward but cute, and Dawn was enjoying having someone actually pay attention to her and not to her beautiful older sister.

Buffy opened the box to reveal a bundle of dvds--Pride and Prejudice, Fight Club, Chocolat, and Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings. Buffy's eyes widened as she took in all her favorite titles. "Dawn! This is so awesome! My men--Johnny, Colin, Brad, and Orlando!" Buffy grinned madly as she and her sister hugged and began squealing over the hotness of certain actors.

Xander rolled his eyes and tried to make some comment about women, but Andrew didn't pick up on the cue.

"Yeah, I personally think that Johnny's the hottest of all of them. What?" he said when Xander gave him a look of disbelief. "I'm comfortable enough with my manliness that I can appreciate a hot bod with a great face. You don't have to be gay to appreciate Johnny Depp." He moved over to the couch where Buffy and Dawn were still swooning and joined them.

"Yeah, Xander. You have to get over that fear of acknowledging hot guys or I'm never going to be able to play out that threesome fantasy," Anya commented.

"And it can't be two girls and me why?" he replied, his eyebrow raised.

"God, Xander, we've already been through this. It has to be two men if I'm willing to do it. Buffy--" Anya called out as she ended her discussion with Xander. "Stop mooning over those men and open our gift!"

Buffy reluctantly put down the dvds, promising Dawn that they'd watch Fight Club and drool over Brad Pitt's body together next weekend. She fingered Anya and Xander's gift tentatively. "Is it safe to open it? We do have some younger ones present."

"Hey, I'm a college girl! I could go rent porn if I wanted to, so don't go prudish on me," Dawn retorted.

"No, it's safe. Well, for the most part," Xander added under his breath.

"Okay, I was just checking," Buffy said. Last year she'd opened her gift to reveal various sex toys--and she used them quite liberally--but it had been a bit awkward opening it in front of her baby sister. She knew that Dawn wasn't a baby anymore, but it was still a little weird. She ripped the wrapping paper and found a plain white box. She opened it up to reveal a colored glass sculpture.

"Wow, it's beautiful," Buffy commented, looking at the various swirls of color and gentle sweep of its shape. "Where'd you get it?"

"Oh, we saw it at this antique shop. I know you love art, and this one just called out to me for you," Anya replied.

"It must be an abstract modern piece. But it sorta looks like--well," Buffy stopped herself.

"A penis," Andrew stated as he stared at the colors reflecting in the sculpture.

"Of course!" Anya commented, slapping her thigh. "That's why it called out to me. I can't believe I didn't notice that right away."

"I'm surprised, too," Buffy said, her finger lightly caressing the piece. "But it's crafted beautifully."

"Yeah, it's supposedly a special kind of glass-blowing technique--that's how they were able to create different colors and still have the smoothness of the glass. Anyway, that's what the shop owner said. I was planning on getting you something else from a different store, but I was drawn to this one. Do you like it?" Anya asked.

"Yeah, I do. And I don't think you need to get me anymore of those other kinds of gifts from that other store," Buffy said pointedly.

"Fine. I was just trying to help, since you haven't really dated anyone since, well, Riley." Anya sighed and rolled her eyes, dismissing the ex-boyfriend who had been a clear mismatch for her friend.

"I'm well aware of my lame dating life, but thanks so much for reminding me. I just haven't met many people who interest me. And you guys are not doing a very good job finding men for me," Buffy replied, starting to clean up the wrapping paper.

"We're working on it," Willow said, giving her a hand with the trash. "Tara and I are picky, though. We don't want to set you up with just anyone."

"Exactly. Willow and I have a specific screening process, to keep out guys like Parker and Ben. Unfortunately, that doesn't leave many people."

"Ugh, don't remind me of those guys." Buffy made a face, remembering the brief flings she'd had with both and the discovery that both were only interested for reasons that didn't go beyond her body.

"Don't worry, Buffy. Your man will come soon." Anya smiled as she sat in Xander's lap. Willow and Tara reassured her as they held hands. Even Dawn and Andrew offered sympathy as they leaned against each other on the couch. Buffy sighed inwardly and tried not to let her lack of love life bother her.

***

She waved goodbye and finally closed the door to the chatter and laughter of her friends. She had enjoyed herself, but Buffy was still glad to have the apartment all to herself. The past week had been extremely busy, her latest client at the advertising agency making her work extremely long hours and weekends. With that account finally closed, she was taking a long-anticipated vacation--not to anywhere in particular, but not to work. The week stretched before her, and she luxuriated in the idea of holing up at her apartment with a good book, taking hot baths, and maybe biking out in the sun by the beach. The lack of planning appealed to her, since her normally structured life was starting to throttle her.

She gathered up the various gifts she had gotten and put them away. Dvds went on the shelves, robe and slippers went in the closet, glass sculpture? She handled the figure with care, wondering how the artist had formed it. She sat on her bed and leaned back, staring at the sculpture. Lightly running her fingers down its shaft, Buffy dryly laughed at the thought that this was the closest thing to a penis she'd touched in months, almost years. The shape enthralled her, and she sat mesmerized with her hand sliding up and down, the glass cool to her touch.

Slowly and mysteriously, a mist began to emanate from the head of the sculpture. Buffy's eyes widened as she watched the mist swirl around her and take shape in front of her. Though she felt a little frightened, she was frozen and unable to move away.

The mist transformed itself into a man--a beautiful man dressed only in slinky black pants, his abs gleaming and his striking blond hair highlighting the lovely features of his face. She gawked at him, and his blue eyes sparkled with amusement at her gaping mouth and surprised eyes. As she tried to process this new presence in her bedroom, he took the opportunity to peruse her body. He nodded in appreciation of her petite form, her large hazel eyes, her tousled blond locks. He smiled at her and waited for her reaction.

"What the fuck?" Buffy burst out when she finally found her voice.

"Well, we'll decide on positions later, but I thought I might introduce myself first." He grinned as her eyes widened even more with his nearing presence.

"Who are you? And how did you get here? Is it this glass thingy? And why are you coming closer?" Buffy began shrinking back on her bed, fear starting to take hold of her.

"Don't be scared, luv." He reached out his hand to her. "Name's Spike. Or, if you want the full title, William of the Genies of Sexual Healing, Master Lover and Slave. But the nickname's Spike." When Buffy hesitantly held out her hand to shake his, he gently squeezed it reassuringly, deftly brought it to his lips for a delicate kiss, and then caressed it before letting go.

"Wha?" Buffy was still rather inarticulate, utterly confused by the presence of this half-naked hottie who had magically appeared. Even while he was speaking she couldn't help but study his body. He was tan, but not too dark in that oddly unnatural way that many muscle man were. He was golden, healthy, fit. His black pants hung low on his hips and loosely clung to him, looking both extremely comfortable and flattering. His face was chiseled, cheekbones topped by deep blue eyes that seemed to dance and spin and call out to her. When she finally focused on his entire face and not pieces of it, she realized he was laughing at her, amused by her inability to speak but adept ability to stare. She blushed and then shrank back even further on the bed.

"I realize this may seem very odd to you, but if you can tear your eyes away from my luscious body for a moment I'll explain how this works." He smirked at the girl's attempt to hide her gaze and then continued. "As I was saying earlier, I am one of the Genies of Sexual Healing. I am here to grant you three wishes, as long as they fall within my guidelines."

"You're a genie? And I get three wishes? How on earth did Anya find me a gift genie?"

"She didn't. The PTB concoct a way for me to fall into the hands that they choose. It usually means that they feel I'd be good for you."

"PTB? Pat the Bunny?"

"Oh, I'll pat the bunny. Don't you worry about that," he replied with a curled lip. "PTB stands for the Powers that Be. You know, the big ones up there. I'm just doing my duty."

"So I get three wishes?"

"Yup, but not just any three wishes. There are rules that must be followed."

"Rules?"

"Yeah, because I'm a particular kind of genie, and apparently the PTB felt that you needed my kind of wishes. So please, sit back while I explain how this works."

"Works?"

"Yes, works. You'll find that if you merely listen to what I have to say rather than repeating it, you might not have so many questions." He grinned at how she started to say something and then shut her mouth quickly.

A screen magically materialized before them, and Buffy watched closely, entranced as images began to appear.

"Rule the first: All wishes must be sexual in nature. I am specifically a sex genie, so any wish that falls outside my realm will be invalid. Don't try; you'll just end up wasting my time and, if I'm not feeling particularly giving, you'll end up wasting a wish." As he was explaining this first rule, images of Spike and Buffy in various positions began flitting across the screen, enticing her with the possibilities.

"Rule number 2: You have one week to express your three wishes; if, by the end of the week, you have not used all three, they will disappear with me. In other words, you can't just keep me around and ogle me for as long as you want--one week, and then I'm gone."

Buffy nodded mutely, still fascinated at seeing herself on the screen--no sound, just image after image of naked bodies writhing in pleasure--her naked body. Spike, pleased at her absorption, cleared his throat to focus her attention on him again and then continued.

"Rule number three: Special effects are only allowed one at a time and are then disabled. In other words, there are certain special effects you can utilize, but you're only allowed to do it one time. So, some of the special effects are--" He paused while he transformed himself into Johnny Depp. "Morphing into another person. Either famous--" He morphed into Angel, the man to whom she had lost her virginity-- "or from your past." He then reverted back to his original form. "That's one possibility. Another is, if you'll redirect your focus to the screen, acting out a fantasy in a particular place or time." The screen showed Buffy in a corset, her hair all tousled, in the arms of Spike, who was in breeches and a coiffed do, their arms entwined around each other. That image gave way to the couple on a beach, basking in the sun, nakedly cavorting in the waters and falling onto the sand with lustful enthusiasm. This picture then became a dark, moonlit scene with Spike sporting vampire teeth, pursuing Buffy, who was eventually tackled onto the ground, breasts heaving.

Buffy was still speechless. Each scene was rife with sexuality, and she could feel herself getting wet with the opportunities before her. She shifted her legs and felt the moisture pulse with desire. Licking her lips, she breathed, "Go on."

Spike briefly nodded and handed her a stapled stack of papers. "This will show you all the possible options for special effects. Just remember that you're only allowed one at a time, and you're only allowed each once."

He paused while she skimmed through its pages, noting where her cheeks flushed with anticipation. He turned off the screen and folded his arms against his chest. "For the record, I'm completely disease-free, incapable of impregnating you, and visible only to you. You don't need to explain me away; the PTB will ensure that you're not under suspicion. In fact, since you have this week for vacation, you won't even need to take off of work. And with all this comes the lovely parting package of everything we do on dvd. That's right, you get to keep a lovely souvenir of our jaunts to keep you warm at night. Digital quality with surround sound and zooming capability with each screen cap--all for your enjoyment. And from the looks of it, you'll enjoy that immensely." He stared down at her smugly with a suggestive look on his face.

Buffy bit her lip to keep from protesting, since it was obvious how much she'd been engrossed by the screen. "Um, I think I need a little time to process all of this." She took a long look at him, his eyes and cheeks and lips and chest and abs--memorizing his form to help her decide which special effects to use.

He understood that look and politely bowed. "I shall be downstairs, watching the telly, if you don't mind. Take your time browsing through the pamphlet, and holler if you have any questions. I will be ready to begin when you are."

Buffy watched as he walked away, noting the curves and definition of his ass. She shook her head to clear it of the lustful thoughts and began reading through the guide.

"This year's birthday might be pretty fucking awesome...with pretty awesome fucking." She giggled a little and flopped onto the pillows on her bed. Buffy felt that she should be a little concerned, that she should consider the possibility of evil being the source of such a gift and question the origin or at least the legitimacy of this kind of experience. However, she quickly dismissed it when she thought of the great sex she'd get to have--her bed having been barren for quite some time. If it were evil, she'd die with a smile. Grabbing a pen from her bedside, she lay down and began choosing her options.

There were descriptions of so many different positions and places and time periods that Buffy was starting to get dizzy. She definitely wanted the fantasy option where she could choose a different place, but then within that option were a variety of different situations, unless she wanted to go for the surprise option, where Spike would probe her mind and choose what he thought would best suit her. She definitely didn't want to be with someone from her past. She shuddered at the thought of being with her less than stellar ex-lovers. The thought of being with someone famous did intrigue her--if she hadn't been so attracted to Spike on his own. There were simply too many other tantalizing options to pursue; she didn't want to waste one when she was considerably attracted to the genie's lithe form without any effects.

She started chewing on her lip as she read on. She'd always wanted to have sex on a beach, but the thought of being completely exposed with nowhere to hide if caught, however thrilling, was simply too much to attempt. Scenarios of being kidnapped and ravished by a pirate, seducing a trembling scholar in a quiet library, being a dominatrix with a whip, making love under the stars out in the woods or by a waterfall--there were just so many to contemplate. And then there was the deluxe surprise option, where Spike chose everything based on his own intuition coupled with various conversations they were to have. She slowly began checking her preferences.