This is an idea from the Idea Factory on Spuffyfantasy.com.
The idea was written:
By Lauren.
Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. They belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and who ever else own BtVS. Please don't sue me.

**************************************************
William watched as Buffy took a step back. He could not figure out why she would be distancing herself from him. He was about ask her why when she just turned on her heel and walked to the kitchen. He stood there for a bit trying suss out what was wrong. Finally he just gave up and decided to just ask her why she had jumped away from him. When he got to the kitchen though he stood shocked. He hadn’t really taken a good of a look at her in the foyer. Now as the sun gleamed upon her petite figure from the window he noticed the changes in her. Her hair was incandescent, almost pure gold.. He also realized her figure had filled out while he was gone. He couldn’t help but stare at her as she flitted around looking for something. He had always thought she was pretty from the first day that he’d met her, but he had never seen her like this. He couldn’t pinpoint why he was all of a sudden seeing her as a woman instead of a little girl. He wondered why he had ever even thought of her as a little girl. She was only two years younger then him. He watched as she pouted her lower lip out, looking for whatever. William found himself wondering what those lips would taste like. He just wanted to pull her to him and... He was quickly knocked out of his dream world as he realized with a start she was standing right in front of him.

“Huh? What did you say?” he asked, realizing she had spoken.

“I said that I’m sure you don’t want to hang around me all day... especially with the fact you have a girlfriend to surprise with your homecoming.”

William felt like he had been hit in the gut. He had totally forgotten about Faith for a minute. He wanted to hit his head against a wall. He had just been thinking ‘bout kissing one sister while dating another. He felt like such a git. He and Faith had been going out for two and a half years now. Yeah, it hadn’t been all the greatest, especially in the last year. Still though, he loved her, didn’t he? It was too much at the moment. Buffy was right- he should go find Faith, and forget everything that had been going through his mind about Buffy. It had all been a fluke nothing more.

“Yeah I would like to see her. How has she been anyway?” He knew last time he had been back Faith had been having some problems. She had gotten involved with a tough crowd since he’d left for England to go to college. She hadn’t only gotten into the crowd, though, she had gotten into drugs, too. That was another reason why he would push the sudden feelings for Buffy that had risen in him away. Faith didn’t need him ditching her for her sister. First, it was wrong, and second, it would probably send her right back to the drugs.

“She’s been doing well, from what we can tell. She hasn’t been coming home high anyway. It also seems her grades are coming up. Mom takes that as a good sign. Me, I’m not to sure, I think she is hiding something, but so far I can’t figure out what. Let’s put it this way... if she is back into drugs, mom will be heartbroken. So I’m hoping it’s just my imagination.” William just shook his head, understanding where she was coming from.

“Well where can I find her?”

“Oh she has a new apartment down there on Oak. She has been getting help from one of her teachers lately. I think that’s over at four, though. If you do get to her place and she’s not home... here.”

She handed him a key to Faith’s apartment. William gave his thanks for the information and quickly left. He knew he was going to have to forget these feelings or else a lot of people would be hurt in the process.

*******************************************

William had decided to surprise Faith with a little more then just himself. He had stopped by the flower shop and bought a dozen red roses. He had also bought a balloon that said “surprise” across it. He found himself in front of the apartment complex. He had buzzed a few times but had gotten no answer. He decided instead of waiting out front he’d go in. He opened the front door with the key that Buffy had given him. He walked in and immediately was in the living room.

Faith hadn’t done much with the place yet, but William figured she had probably just moved in not long ago. He found the kitchen to the left of the living room. He decided he’d put the flowers in water. He searched the cabinets for a vase and couldn’t find any. Then he remembered that she normally kept flowers on her night stand. He looked around the apartment again and realized there was a hall off the right of the kitchen. The first door he came to led into the bathroom. There where only two other doors in the hallway. He was about to open the next door when he heard a noise behind the last door. As he got closer he thought he recognized Faith’s voice. He got a big smile and threw open the door.

“SURPRISE ” William greeted

“Oh Shit ” Said a black man.

William had been the one to get the surprise. There on the bed lay a black man with Faith straddling him. William just stood shocked in the doorway looking back and forth between the two people. Faith just turned her head gave William a big smile and said.

“Wanna join? I’m sure there’s enough room for you, too.”

William ran out of the apartment and never looked back. As he got outside he bent down by a bush and lost his stomach. He had never seen this coming. Yeah, they had their problems, but he never thought she’d cheat on him. He closed his eyes and tried to stop the nausea. All he kept seeing though was Faith turning around and smiling like she thought he would actually accept to join them. He had to get out of there, so he hopped in his rental and sped out of the parking lot.*************************

Faith was walking towards downtown. After the day she had, had she knew what she needed. She contemplated over the different things that had happened that day. She couldn’t believe William had shown up, and how had he gotten in anyway? She had planned on breaking up with him. It just hadn’t been working out, he was just too proper. She wanted to be able to take what she wanted and then drop the guy without him clinging round. That just wasn’t William, and she had known that. It was probably better that he found out this way instead of her just breaking up with him. Just then William’s face from earlier floated into her mind. She started to feel bad for him, and that just wouldn’t do. She wanted to not care, she just wanted the world to disappear. That was where she was headed, to make the world evaporate away if only for a little while. She came up on the small apartment building, and buzzed the apartment for Riley’s place. She knew that he would have some of the good stuff. Also, when it came to Riley, you didn’t have to pay with money if you were of the female persuasion.

“Yeah, who’s there?”

“Hey, it’s Faith. Wondering if you had time for company?”

“I don’t know, is this social or business?”

“Let’s say it’s more of the playful business.” A buzz was heard and then Faith opened the door to the apartment complex. When she reached his door, it was already opened. She stood there a moment until Riley spoke up in a husky voice.

“You coming?”

“Not yet but I better be soon.” Faith chuckled the answer. Faith walked through the door and Riley closed it after her. Faith would get what she wanted that night and more. Just some of it ...she wouldn’t want at all.

*******************************************************

William sat in a bar in L.A., whose owner and bartender was a guy named Lorne. You could always count on Lorne knowing the latest gossip. William hadn’t come for gossip tonight, though.

“Hey Lorne, whiskey and keep it coming. I wanna be pissed before I leave tonight.”

“William what the hell happened to you? You look like you did when Dru cheated on you.”

“Pretty much same scenario just a different chit.”

Lorne just shook his head and stared at the man in front of him. As he watched William he realized that it had been years since this same man, a boy then, had walked in here trying to pull the wool over his eyes. It had been six years since that fall out.

*Flashback*

Lorne was watching the bar and had just seen a kid walk up to the bar. Lorne could tell the kid was having problems. Lorne seemed to almost be able to read people, and if he was reading right this kid could use someone to talk to. He flagged Gunn over from his break.

“Hey we got a minor at the bar, take over here. Oh and bring two cokes to my office when you get a lull.”

Gunn nodded his head and started working. Lorne walked up behind a kid that couldn’t have been more then fourteen or fifteen. He tapped him on the shoulder.

The kid turned around and looked at Lorne. “Hey kid, come on you don’t belong here...let's get you in the back.”

The kid’s eyes got as big as saucers, but replied. “I’m no kid.”

Lorne just shook his head. “Hey, come on, don’t make me call the cops. Come on back to my office and let's chat. I might just forget about this whole thing.”

William nodded his head and followed after the man. When they got to the office, Lorne pointed to a leather chair in front of the desk. William sat in it and ducked his head.

“So what’s the story kid? You don’t look like you tried this before so what made you try tonight?”
Before he could answer there was a knock on the door and Gunn walked in with the two cokes. He sat the one on the desk and handed the other to Lorne. Gunn left right away to get back to the bar.
“So you going to answer me, or do I have to make you sing?”

“How would singing make me talk?”

“It’s called The Greatest Hits of Manilow on repeat ‘til you answer my questions.”

William chuckled at that and threw back, “Oh, that is torture. Fine...I’ll answer your questions. It was because of a girl.”
*End Flashback*

William had sat there for the next hour and told how he had found his girl Dru cheating on him with some guy. It seemed that when William didn’t go all the way she decided to find it some where else. Lorne had become sort of sounding board for William from that night on. Now William once again sat in front of him because of some girl. This time though he didn’t have the excuse of age to stop William from drinking.

“Come on William, you know that won’t help.”

“Lorne, don’t start. Either you serve me or I will go someplace else. At least if I’m here you can watch me, right?”

Lorne nodded and started pouring the whiskey for him. Four hours later when the whole story about this Faith girl was out on the table, Lorne cut off the alcohol.

“William where you staying?”

“In Sunnydale with some friends, since Giles and Tara are out of town.”

“You want me to drive you back there?”

“That'd be great, but how will you get back?”

“I can get a cab back here no problem.” Lorne got William in his coat and in the car. As they hit Sunnydale’s town limits, Lorne woke William up and asked the address for where he was staying.
“1630 Revello Drive two blocks from Gile’s place.”

Lorne shook his head to acknowledge he could find it. He parked in front of the house and went around to help William to the door. They hadn’t even made it to the porch before a short blond came running out. Lorne remembered seeing William flash pictures of her when he’d come to visit. He realized though that no picture would ever do her justice.

“William what happened?” Buffy gave Lorne a disapproving look.

William was out of it so Lorne answered. “He got a little drunk because of a girl? Someone named Faith.” Lorne notice Buffy take a double take at the name but she continued to help William in the house. Once William was laying on the couch though Buffy started asking questions.
“Did you say Faith?”

“Yeah she pretty much pulled a Dru on the poor guy.”

Buffy was seething. If she got her hands on her sister she was going to kill her for doing this to William. They may have grown closer together, but if she had cheated on him that was going to be a rift in that relationship.

“You look familiar...Oh wait, you're that Lorne guy, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, the one and only. You're Buffy right?”

“Yeah. William told me a lot about you. He said something about you knowing how to torture really well.”

Lorne let out a laugh and smiled down on the blond. “Well, I have my ways, I guess. Anyway, I have to get back to L.A. Can you take care of him?”

Buffy nodded her head yes and called him a cab. Within thirty minutes Lorne was gone and Buffy was trying to move William up to the guest room. She finally got there and flopped him on the bed. She took his shoes off and started to unbutton his blue shirt. When she looked back at his face his eyes were open and staring into her own. She was frozen in that moment and she watched as William slowly inched towards her lips. Next thing she knew they where in a passionate kiss and she didn’t want it to end. She was the first to break free, because she needed to breathe. As she stared at him, she could see his blue eyes growing darker from lust, she knew this wasn’t good. He was hurt and she had been hiding too many feelings for him. She told herself to just get up, walk out... but she couldn’t.

“William we can’t.”

“Yes, we can. Thanks to your sister, I’m free and I love you.”

Buffy sat shell shocked in front of him. Did he mean that or was it just the talk of a drunk man. Before she could figure it out he was kissing her and she was lost. She had one more thought, that this wasn’t right, before her mind went completely blank.


A/N: I want to thank Lana my beta she does a terrific job. This story would probably be boring if I didn’t have her. Also I want to thank Clockstopper for reviewing. I want to apologize for the length of time between updates I had computer problems. Hope to have the next chapter out within the week.