Chapter 19: Ask the Wizard

Buffy sat on the edge of Spike’s bed, holding a piece of cloth to her neck to stop the bleeding of her bite mark souvenir that Angelus gave her. She was still pretty shook up about the whole experience.

Spike entered the room barring bandages. Before he went over to her, he just stood by the doorway and simply stared at her, thinking about how Buffy’s luck has been so rotten lately. It seems that all Spike’s been doing since she got back has been watching her suffer.

Spike took a deep breath and moved across the room and kneeled in front of her. Buffy slowly took the cloth away from her neck. Spike frowned and clutched his jaw when he saw the two punctures indented into her skin were still bleeding.

“I don’t understand…” Buffy started, “The last time I got bit by Dracula I didn’t bleed this much.” She finished.

“That’s the only thing you don’t understand?” Spike raised an eyebrow and started sorting through his bandages.

”Well that, and how the hell could Angelus bite me in my sleep.” Buffy admitted.

”My thoughts exactly…” Spike said and started applying bandages to her neck and taping them down.

Buffy stared at Spike as he continued to tend to her wounds gently. “He knows…” Buffy said.

Spike met Buffy’s eyes. “What?” he asked.

”He knows I’m alive.” Buffy explained.

”We don’t know that for sure.” Spike tried to make her feel better.

”Spike he knows…he bit me in my dream and drank my blood.” She exclaimed and got up off the bed and moved away from Spike.

Spike let out a long sigh before standing up and facing her.

”Luv even if he tasted your blood it doesn’t mean that…he doesn’t know that…” Spike stopped when he realized he didn’t have a good argument in his defense.

”Face it he knows and he’s going to make sure that I don’t stand in his way…” Buffy drew that conclusion.

”Buffy—“ Spike started but was interrupted by her.

”Now that I’m alive he knows I’m a threat…or…or maybe he doesn’t think I’m a threat…or…” Buffy was jumping to many conclusions but Spike stopped her.

”Buffy?” Spike said softly, hoping that his tone would get her attention. And it did.

Buffy looked up at Spike.

”Get some rest…we’ll figure this out in the morning…I promise.” Spike said.

”I can’t sleep! He could come after me in my dreams again and drink more or—“ Buffy started going hysterical.

Spike stepped up and grabbed her shoulders, “Hey…hey…” he said softly.

”He’ll come after me and—“

”Shhh….” Spike brought her to him. Buffy took the comfort, not realizing that Spike was still shirtless.

After a moment of silence between them, and Spike just comforting and holding her she stepped back and said, “Can I stay here…with you tonight?”

Spike was taken back by the question, wondering if he heard her right. “Uhh…alright” he answered.

Buffy walked around him and sat down on the bed and lied back on top of the covers. Spike went around to the other side of the bed and lied down too. Both of them stayed on there side of the bed, making sure there was plenty of space in the middle between them. They didn’t sleep a wink. Spike and Buffy just stared up at the ceiling.

Las Vegas…

Angel exited out of his bedroom and walked down the hallway towards the elevator while buttoning up his shirt. After his little dream and taste test of slayer blood he was fired up and wanted answers. He entered the elevator and pressed the button to floor number twenty, where his two wizards were staying.

After the meeting earlier in the evening, about Angelus wanting to get rid of the sun, Eli had a little trouble getting to sleep. He didn’t want the sun to go away and was against the idea completely. He was still part human and liked the sun. But for his own safety, Eli played dumb and didn’t say a word to Rufus or anyone else about his doubts.

When Angelus came into the Eli’s suite the wizard had just dozed off from spending part of the night trying to get to sleep. Eli was wide awake when he heard the sound of glass shattering. He reached over and turned on his bedside lamp and saw Angelus standing by his doorway staring at him. Eli then looked over and saw pieces of glass of what was a vase covering his bed sheets.

”Get up, get dressed, and come with me.” Angelus stated.

Sunnydale…

Spike kept his eyes glued up towards the ceiling for hours, letting out sighs and listening to the wind hit the window. He didn’t glance away until he felt Buffy shift from her position on the bed.

Buffy had fallen asleep after two hours of lying still, wide awake. She turned over in her sleep and faced Spike. He looked over at her and noticed she was in a deep sleep. After staring at her for a few moments he saw her let out a shiver. He instantly sat up and took a blanket that was at the foot of the bed and moved closer to her to cover her. However as soon as Buffy was covered with the blanket she moved closer to Spike and cuddled near his body.

Spike stiffened when she moved closer to him. He looked down at her small figure and noted to himself that this was the closest he was ever to her in a hundred years.

He relaxed gradually and rested his head back on a pillow, which placed his chin centimeters from the top of head. Spike could feel the heat coming from her body and hear the gently intake of her breath. The feeling of being so close to Buffy relaxed Spike to the extent that he began to drift off to sleep with ease.

Las Vegas…

Eli and Angelus walked into the dark and empty conference room quietly. In Eli’s hand he was carrying a suitcase.

”…I’m not sure if I remember how to do this…” Eli said nervously as he took a seat in a chair and set his briefcase down on the table.

“Well, we won’t know until we try now will we?” Angelus said with smirk and two hard pats on Eli’s shoulder.

Eli let out a sigh and started to open his briefcase as Angelus traveled over to the big picture window and looked out at Vegas in the nighttime. As Eli was set up his things he glanced over at Angelus.

”It’s a beautiful site…” Eli said gave an unsure laugh and smile.

Angelus turned to Eli, “Not as beautiful as it is in the day.” Eli and Angelus stared at each for a moment and then Angelus turned back to the window and sighed, “But being a vampire doesn’t give me those opportunities to enjoy that.”

”Yeah…” Eli laughed, “I guess that’s a disadvantage for you.”

”It won’t be for long…” Angelus said while staring out the window.

Eli looked up at Angelus’s turned back, “Yeah…I guess…”

Angelus turned around and walked up to Eli’s briefcase and pulled an object out. It was a crystal ball. “So this thing really works huh?” Angelus asked while studying the ball really close and then tossing it up and down as if it were a baseball.

Eli started to freak out when Angelus started using the crystal ball as a toy, “Gentle…please…gentle.”

Angelus stopped tossing the ball and looked over at Eli and smiled. “Think fast.” Angelus said as he tossed the crystal ball up. Eli scrambled and caught it in his hands.

“Well, lets get this over with…tell me if I’m right or if I’m just having pleasant morning breath…” Angelus said and crossed his arms against his chest.

Eli sighed and sat down in the chair and placed the crystal ball on a small silk pillow. The wizard chanted with his eyes closed for a few minutes. Angelus in the background rolled his eyes at the silly words that came out of the wizard’s mouth. Eli opened his eyes and leaned forward and looked into the crystal ball.

”I see a town…” Eli started as he looked into the crystal ball.

”Go on…” Angelus said.

Eli paused and continued, “The town seems to be trashed—out of control, unkempt…” Eli paused and waited again while looking in the ball, “I see a house…”

”Who’s house?” Angelus asked.

”I…I don’t know…there is a girl…” Eli said.

At the word ‘girl’, Angelus started to move towards the ball.

”The girl is full of power and is very important.” Eli continued.

Angelus looked inside the ball and saw nothing, “I don’t see a thing” he sneered.

Eli glanced up at Angelus, “I…it only works for me…only one person can look inside at a time.”

Angelus glared at Eli, “Tell me what she looks like.”

Eli looked back into the crystal ball, “Umm…she is small and petite…blonde hair….”

”Green eyes?” Angelus asked while not staring off in a distance.

Eli shook his head, “I don’t know…she’s sleeping…she is with a…a man.”

Angelus quickly shot his head down towards Eli, “A man?”

”Yes…uhh…he’s umm…sleeping next to her.” Eli described.

”Describe him…” Angelus demanded.

”He’s wearing…black…and has…bleached hair by the looks of it, but that can’t be right. Can it?” Eli shook his head.

Angelus let out a breath that seemed more like a growl, “Its right…”

Eli looked up at Angelus for an explanation. However Angelus just shook his head at thoughts that were swarming in his head.

“Spike…” Angelus mumbled in a tone that seemed distasteful.

’Buffy and Spike together…’ the thought bounced around in Angelus mind. ‘She’s alive and she’s with him…’ The thought for some reason sickened him to the point where he felt like he was going to burst. Angelus felt the need to break something. He glanced down and took the crystal ball and threw it at the wall of the room, which startled Eli.

“Umm…” Eli said after a moment.

”Get to bed…we have a long day tomorrow.” Angelus stated as he started walking out of the conference room.

As soon as Eli was alone he got out of his chair and walked around the table to the broken crystal. He frowned at the site of his old crystal ball destroyed into a million pieces within a matter of seconds. Eli crouched down and started to gather pieces one by one.

TBC……