Chapter 7: Face to Face

SUNNYDALE 2082


As Spike traveled through the graveyard and out onto the street after running into Clem he had on thing on his mind, ‘I’m going to ring out this Slayer’s neck. How dare she walk in when she wants and decide to FINALLY help.’

The barrels of fire were starting to burn out in the main streets and it was getting darker. However, it didn’t matter to Spike; he hunted better if it was dark anyway; easier for no one to see him.

---------------------

After leaving Whistler in the alley Buffy approached the gang of vampires that were huddled in the middle of the street. Her hands swayed back and forth as she neared them. In one hand she carried her stake, firmly grasped in her hand.

”Well, well, well…what do we have here?” a vampire said as he spotted Buffy walking near them, with no intention to stop.

Buffy came right up to the nearest vampire and punched him straight in the face, and knocked him down. Another vamp took a swing at Buffy but she ducked and kneed him in the stomach and hit him on the back to knock him down. Every vamp stepped up and tried to take a piece of Buffy but had failed. She didn’t kill them with her yet thought she wanted to play with them first, get back into the game that she hadn’t played for so long.

The first vampire Buffy knocked down gets up from the ground and faces Buffy, “Who are you?” he asked as they circled each other.

”Guess…” she said as she pulls out her stake.

”The Sla—“ the vamp didn’t finish his sentence, Buffy staked him and he burst into dust.

The sound of motorcycles came from behind Buffy made her turn around to see six demons on bikes coming straight towards her. The leader on the bike stopped a few feet in front of Buffy and got off the bike.

”A Slayer…guess this is my lucky day.” The demon said.

The rest of the demons on bikes circled Buffy on there bikes, and the crowd of vampires started to create a circle so Buffy had no way of escaping. Then the bikers got off there bikes and walked near the circle. Buffy surveyed the demons and vampires around her and saw she was in trouble. The fight now was one to about fifteen.

“Feeling lucky…Slayer?” The leader smirked at Buffy.


------------------

In the distance Spike heard the sounds of battle. He instantly thought this was his lead to meeting up with the Slayer so he grabbed the chance and started to run down the street, turned the corner and saw the huge fight. Demons were being tossed into dumpsters and lying on the ground. Spike couldn’t see the person that was tossing the demons and vampires like rag dolls so he started to walk forward.

--------------------

Buffy punched and staked the vampire to her side and kicked one of the demons a few feet in front of her. She took a moment to stop and catch her breath but then she felt a hand on her shoulder, turning her around. She was face to face with the leader of the demon bikers and he took the opportunity to grab her by the throat and lift her in the air.

“You made a big mistake coming here Slayer…” the head demon said as he stared at Buffy face in his hands. Buffy was struggling, and tried to use her hands to break free of the demons grasp but she had no luck.

“The Hellmouth belongs to us and you alone can’t do anything about—“ the demon stopped in mid sentence and dropped Buffy to the ground for some reason.

The demon leader looked as if he was he pain. He turned around and there was an arrow sticking out of his back. He turned to see who his new attacker was and saw down the street Spike pointing a cross bow at the demon. Spike lowered the cross bow down and stared at the demon.

“Spike…” the head leader said.

”Razor…” Spike said.

”I see you’re back in town…” Razor said.

”I am.” Spike said and glanced down at what he figured was the Slayer on the ground, coughing from lack of breath.

Razor followed Spike’s eyes down to the ground to look at Buffy, “She’s a pretty Slayer…” Razor looked up at Spike, “Come to fall in love with this one too?”

Spike didn’t answer and started to walk forward. Razor also walked forward too and they started to fight.


------------

Buffy’s eyes were blurry and she felt dizzy from her lack of breath. She looked up at two fighters in the dark and tried to adjust her eyes to see who her rescuer was but couldn’t focus on the face. Her head slummed down to stare at the pavement and she coughed a few more times.
---------

Razor and Spike held each others necks with there hands but Spike was quicker and stronger, so he got the upper hand and snapped Razor’s head and threw him to the ground. Spike leaned on his knees to rest, he took this time to look up and see the girl still on the ground.

Spike straightened up, “You know luv, you shouldn’t really be here without backup…”

The girl still was on her hands and knees on the ground, not looking up.

Spike started to walk forward, “I’m impressed you took out that many by yourself…but it was still a stupid move.” Spike stopped when he was in front of her. He looked down at the girl with no pity. “Get up.” Spike said with a pitch of anger in his voice.

Buffy slowly started to get on her feet, with her hair blocking some of her face. She started to move around Spike so she could walk away, but Spike didn’t let her go that easy. Spike quickly grabbed her hand and made her stop and face him.

Buffy’s eyes were harsh and in pain. Her lip started to tremble, which had blood on the corner.

When Spike saw Buffy’s eyes he instantly let her arm as if it was fire. His eyes grew wide in disbelief. He didn’t notice her pain or anger at the moment, he was focused on that she was right in front of him. Alive. Breathing. Buffy.

The moment ended when Buffy turned her face away and started to run down the street. Spike didn’t go after her, his feet seemed to be heavy and he didn’t register what was happening. He just watched as Buffy continued to run.


TBC…Next Chapter Spike goes after Buffy. Don’t worry Spuffiness from here on.