Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Jace and Neo for the beta. Please let me know what you think of it!
Chapter One - Angel

Angel paced back and forth in front of her, angry as a bull. "A C fucking minus!" he exclaimed, repeating the same sentence he’d been saying for the past twenty minutes.

Buffy lay sprawled out on his bed, more interested in filing her nails than listening to his whining. As soon as he’d opened the door, he’d been practically foaming at the mouth over the C- his English professor had given him. She couldn’t care less, her grades weren’t something she had ever been particularly concerned about. But Angel went psycho over anything under an A. He was in his senior year at UC Sunnydale, majoring in Pre-law with a 4.0 average. Buffy was a junior, but had yet to stick with a major. She was much less goal oriented than Angel, which didn’t seem to bother him at all. In his eyes, he’d be making enough money to support them both once he got out of law school and his father gave him a corner office at the family law firm. Buffy didn’t know it yet, but Angel had their entire future mapped out for them.

"Creative Writing, a goddamned elective, and he gives me a C fucking minus!"

"There’s a party at Delta Omega tonight," she told him after watching him pace a little longer, hoping his tantrum was finished.

"Are you even listening to me?" he asked, finally turning towards her. He shoved the paper under her nose so she could get a better look at the ‘C’ scribbled in red ink at the bottom.

Buffy rolled her eyes in exasperation. "Well, did you try to get him to change it?"

"Of course I did," Angel replied balling up the assignment and tossing it into the trash can next to his desk. "And do you know what he had the fucking nerve to say?" He paused dramatically, even though he wasn’t actually waiting for her to answer. "He said it lacked creativity and to try to use more imagination next time." He kicked the chair he was standing next to angrily.

"Chill out, it’s just one grade."

"No, it’s not just one grade," Angel insisted. "The last two papers were B’s. I’ve got law school to think about. I’m applying to Harvard, Buffy. Nothing less than a 4.0 will get me in."

"Okay, I get it, it’s the end of the world if you don’t ace this class," Buffy replied sarcastically. "What are you going to do about it?"

"I’ll think of something."

***

Professor Spike Thompson locked the door to his office, more than ready to get home and into bed. He’d spent much of the afternoon and evening meeting with students concerned over their grades. Normally, he loved when students used office hours to their advantage but today was a different story. Today they’d all been whining and horribly annoying and he’d wanted so badly to just rip up their papers and tell them to get the fuck out.

What he needed was to go home, have a nice strong drink and get into bed.

As he made his way to his car, he noticed a group of students walking down the path towards him. They were loud and apparently drunk, probably heading to or from a party. He tried his best to ignore them, and he did so well that he forgot about them all together and bumped into one of them roughly.

He reached out to steady the petite woman he’d almost knocked over, looking her over as she winced from the contact. "I’m so sorry."

She nodded and was about to move foward with the rest of her group when Angel O'Toole appeared at her side.

"Professor Thompson?" he asked with a big smile. "I know you said there was nothing you could do about my grade, but now that we’re out of the classroom and you’ve had time to think it over..."

Spike, clearly annoyed by his student’s interruption, turned his attention back on the tiny blonde. "Are you okay?"

"She’s fine," Angel spoke for her, eager for the conversation to return to him. "Now, about my grade."

"Mr. O’Toole, this is neither the time nor the place for this discussion. My decision on your essay was final, but if you feel the need to discuss it further you know when my office hours are." Glancing once more at Buffy, he suddenly realized how much skin her dress revealed. Clearing his throat, more than anxious to move away from the couple, he muttered "Good night," and continued hurriedly down the path.


***

"I know now."

Buffy looked over at Angel. He was laying on his back next to her, and he’d been so quiet she thought he was sleeping.

"You know what?"

"How to change my grade."

She pulled the sheet tighter around her naked body and rolled onto her side facing away from him. He was drunk and she was tired. "Yeah, how?"

"I’m gonna get him fired."

Buffy rolled over, actually interested to hear how he’d manage that. "Again, I say how?"

Angel draped an arm over her stomach. "You," he told her before drifting off to sleep.

***

"Oh, no, this is so not what I meant when I told you to get him to change it."

"C’mon, Buff. I’m not asking for a lot here."

"Ruining a man’s life is a lot, Angel!"

"Like you actually care about anyone else," he scoffed. "You’ve fucked-over, half this campus to get what you want."

Buffy folded her arms across her chest. "But this isn’t about me. It’s your problem, not mine. Fix it yourself."

"I need you for this to work. One time that’s it."

"You think he’s just going to fuck a student. Even I’m not that persuasive. It’s going to take more than one try, Angel."

"Just think about everything we’ll have once I’m working for my Dad. He won’t take less than Harvard, Buffy. Think about all the expensive cars and clothes and houses we could have." He watched her face happily as she pondered what he was telling her. "Does fucking one stupid teacher seem like so much for all that?"

"I could get expelled!"

"You won’t," Angel assured her. "You’ll look like an innocent victim."

Buffy thought about it for a few minutes before sighing in defeat. "Fine, I’ll do it. But only once."

"That’s all I need."