Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks again for all your reviews, you guys rock! Since this is only my second foray into the realm of fiction, and my first spuffy fic, your feedback is really a great help. keep up the good work!
Buffy threw her things into her suitcase, anger helping her to bury the pain. "Who the hell does he think he is?!" She spat, throwing the last items in before zipping up the bag. Quickly, she dragged the luggage out into the hallway, and raced towards the doors, towards her freedom.

'Why am I that upset?' she thought. 'This is what I wanted anyway.' But she couldn't shake off the feeling that she had been betrayed, that she had been used and rejected. She had seen such pain in his eyes, then such passion, such kindness, but the coldness was something new, and it hurt her. 'He kidnapped you, raped you, and then made a whore out of you after you stupidly fell for his pity-play. Get a grip Buff!'

Bitterly, she channeled her fury into getting herself out of there. When she finally burst out into the sunlight, being free for the first time in over a week held no joy. Buffy was angry that she didn't feel more elation at leaving this place, after all, she had purchased her freedom with her body, 'and my heart' she silently and sadly added. Instead of turning around though, she yanked out her purse, grabbed out some money, and began walking straight towards the street, without even so much as a backwards glance. "Damn him" she said, before squaring her shoulders, lifting her head, and putting him out of her mind.

Within a few hours she was nearing Oxford, thanking god that Giles had had the sense to give them all their individual tickets along with their itinerary. She prayed a silent prayer that the group hadn't changed plans as they pulled into the tube station. As she was disembarking, she heard another couple discussing tourist attractions with the driver.
Luckily she tuned in, for the driver gave them directions towards a St. John's college, which happened to be only two blocks away. Hoping against hope that Gile's intense love of all things academia might draw her friends near, she began dragging her suitcase in the direction in which the couple had set off. After walking down some quiet side-street, Buffy finally approached the main street. To her right spanned a long road with numerous shopping possibilities, in front of her a large statue and a small cemetery that looked ancient, to her left a row of more serious-looking buildings, and slightly off center, was the main entrance to St John's.

She sought out a porter at the front desk, and inquired about a group of Americans that most likely came through on a tour. Unfortunately, the older man explained that they had a number of tour groups come through, and many of them match the general description that she gave. Disheartened, Buffy pulled her bag over to the bench out front, and sat down tiredly, leaning her head in her hands, tried to come up with a way to contact her group without knowing their location.

"Now that girl was hot!"

"Oy, I saw her first!"

"You can have the redhead."

"'M More partial to brunettes. The redhead had a boyfriend anyway." The two guys chattering away animatedly in front of her quickly grabbed her attention. A hot brunette? A redhead with a boyfriend?

"Um, excuse me, were these people Americans by any chance?" Buffy stammered. The two young men glanced at her appraisingly, and nodded.

"At the Bird and the Baby." One of the piped up. Looking around though, Buffy saw no such place.

"Excuse me?" She asked, confused.

"Sorry, this bleedin ponce meant to say the Eagle and Child, its the local pub. Right across the street there, there were a bunch of 'em. We were just headin to the Lamb and Flag though, the pub right here. Why don't you join us?" The shorter one offered, winking.

"Um, no thanks. I have to go find my friends. Thank you though!" Buffy lept up, dragging her bag as if it weighed nothing. In her excitement, she almost managed to get herself hit several times, but finally burst into the pub. Immediately spotting Willow's hair, Buffy hurried up to her friends, recognizing Xander, Cordelia, Willow, Oz and Riley. As she approached, a hand grasped her arm. She spun to face Angel, who was just returning from the restroom.

"Hey Buff, glad you could join us!" He said happily, giving her a peck on the cheek. At her name, Willow turned around in her chair, grinning somewhat drunkenly.

"Buffy, you should try this Stringbow, its great! And it's not at all strong" she slurred out. Oz placed a steadying hand on his girlfriend's shoulder. Buffy merely stood in disbelief.

"That's Strongbow, Will. Plannin on going somewhere Buff?" Oz asked, a tiny smile playing across his face.

"I..." Buffy began, not sure what to say.

"We arent leavin for London for another two days there Buffy, why didn't you leave your bags at the hotel?" Angel asked, rubbing her shoulder affectionately. Buffy remained rigid though, unsure of what was going on.

"Hotel?" She asked, confusion written across her tired face.

"Yea, you know, the place where we have been stayin all week" Angel offered.

"Here Buffy, have one of these!" Willow handed over a mug with something amber liquid inside. "Its cider, and beer, a ciderbeer! Get it?" Willow giggled, clearly approaching intoxication.

"What hotel? I think she has already been drinking!" Angel slapped her lightly on the back, laughing as he took the mug from Buffy's trembling hand. Buffy, beginning to realize that her friends had never known she left, had no apparent knowledge of what had happened, felt a sinking feeling in her gut. They would never believe her, not if they thought she had been there with them all along. Even here among them, she was alone.

"On second thought, hand me that beer." She stated flatly, grabbing the mug out of Angel's hand and draining the entire glass quickly.