Author's Chapter Notes:
same as before...
The old man finally finished his studies, now completely convinced that he had perfected the spell that would grant him his freedom, and the power that he had sought all of his life. The blood of an innocent, a willing sacrifice, would unlock a power over the grave of biblical proportions. Her blood would open a portal, and her death would open the gates to both heaven and hell, allowing him to sap energy from both. When the blood ran out, the portal would close, keeping it trapped with him, in the world of the living. He thought back to the night of his death, and how he had despaired at the thought that this would never come to be. It wasnt until the evening that the young woman entered the gates of the cathedral that he dared to hope.


* * *

The dark haired woman had hurried into the building, not stopping until she threw herself at the feet of the altar. She had remained prostrate there for some time while the old priest watched from his invisible shadows. As if in a trance, the woman murmured incoherent phrases until all at once her head shot up. Her grey eyes scanned the darkness, but seeking what he did not know.

"The pixies told me you would be here" she said. Still, the older man remained hidden from sight though, waiting for the strange woman to continue. "They wrote signs in the stars, they told me darkness would swallow the light." Recognizing that she was merely crazy, the priest began to recede back into nothingness, but was stopped when her voice dropped.

"A willing sacrifice of innocent blood will open the gates to the power of everything" she said lucidly, staring directly where he was. Finally realizing that this woman had some sort of a gift of second sight, he allowed himself to take corporeal form.

"That is right, where did you hear that?" He asked, stepping out of the shadows. The tall, dark woman showed no sign of shock at his sudden appearance and merely looked at him, with something resembling boredom in her eyes. "The pixies told me" she said simply.

"So why are you here?" He asked, his voice dropping.

"In order for the darkness to swallow the light, the day must be lured here, into the light" she said, her voice oddly enticing him.

"You mean the innocent, I need a way to get the innocent to make the sacrifice?" he asked impatiently, aware that, despite her riddles, this woman had some strange knowledge.

"I can give you the key" she whispired seductively. The older priest moved closer to her, drawn in by her dark aura.

"How?" he whispered back, his lips now next to her ear. The woman took a step back.

"The question is why." She informed him, her madness now gone, revealing a perfectly sane woman. "I give you what you need, and you bring me back, once you have achieved it." Recognizing the same darkness in her that he harbored within, the priest nodded his head. "Now wont you ask how?" She sing-songed, stepping around him in a small circle, tracing a hand around his chest, his upper arms, across his back, and around again. The priest, conceding to her game, nodded.

"How?" he dared to ask. The long-limbed woman stepped back in front of him, placing her hand flat over his heart, and then sliding it down until it rested over his cock, which immediately hardened in response. The woman ran her tongue over her lips, grasped him fully with her hand, and leaned up to him, purring in his ear. "My name is Drusilla. I'll show you how."


* * *

He hadn't seen her, until the day when she re-entered the building with the group of people, dragging her son before the altar. She had smiled at him then, and nodded, and he understood. William was his son, the product of their joining that night, and he was to be the lure. Gifted with angelic looks, and a passionate personality, he was exactly the sort of person to illicit an undying loyalty, and would be the method of gaining his immortality. William was merely a pawn, and held no meaning to either the priest or his dark lady. It wasn't much longer that he would have to put up with the annoyingly sensitive youth. Once he had achieved his greatness, William's blood would also be spent, to call the dark princess back from her grave.




Buffy had drunkenly stumbled home with her friends, suitcase in tow, and had made the decision, in her inebraited state, that she had been the one dreaming. 'It was all a bad dream. No ghosts, no cathedral, no ghosts...' she thought, her confused thoughts colliding. 'Beer good, Buffy bad' she thought. When Angel had taken her into his arms and begun kissing her back at the hotel though, her thoughts, and her body, quickly faded into unconsciousness. She had woken out of her stupor, realizing that she was in Angel's bed, and she was kissing him back. 'Oh god' she realized, 'he is in me!' Sure enough, as Angel caressed her breasts and her arms, he had just entered her, and was now pumping himself frantically in and out of her.


"Oh Buffy you feel so good. Mmmm, thats my girl. Oh Buffy, Buffy..." He grunted as he thrust, but Buffy's mind was far away, attempting to catch up.

'I was drunk, we came home, I obviously climbed into bed with him, how did this happen?' she thought, dazed.

"Buffy, God Buff...I'm gonna...I'm gonna...ugh, ugh, ugh" Angel continued his thrusts, not even aware that she was only going through the motions.

'When is he gonna finish already?' Buffy thought bitterly to herself. As if on cue, Angel stiffened and emptied into her. He remained motionless on top of her a moment, before rolling off and pulling her closer. He kissed her forehead.

"Buffy, you're beautiful. I love you." he whispered, genuine in his words. It saddened Buffy to realize that Angel, despite his kindness and affection towards her, simply did not make her feel like HE had. "Buffy?" He asked, drowsily, as she untangled herself from the sheets.

"Bathroom!" She chirped, realizing that if Angel had really known her, he would have heard the false optimism in her voice. Too content in his own bliss though, Angel drifted off to sleep.

Buffy closed the door behind her, and quickly approached the shower. Once it was hot, she stepped under the spray. With a bar of soap, she quickly cleaned off her shoulders and neck, where he had kissed her, and then slid her hands down to where he had...entered. Slowly, she realized the meaning of what had just happened. She had had sex with her boyfriend, and it meant nothing to her. The tears that she had never spilled now began to flow freely under the fine spray of the hot shower.

'Angel has always been the man in my life' she thought miserably, 'and now I could care less if he touches me. What has happened to me? What did HE do?' She cried, but now her thoughts turned in a different direction. "He did something to me. William made me different! He told me to leave, but he cursed me, or cast a spell, or something. He ruined me!' She wailed internally. Squaring her shoulders and wiping her eyes, she made a decision. She was going to go back. She was going to force him to undo what ever he did, somehow she would make him. Then she would meet up with everyone in time to go home, and she and Angel could go back to normal. She stepped out of the shower, yanked a towel down, and quickly left Angel's room to get her stuff. 'I swear on my life William, you are going to pay!' she thought bitterly.