Author's Chapter Notes:
I dont own the characters, only the storyline.
Buffy began to methodically gather up her torn clothes, and quickly found something else to put on. As she began to button up the collared shirt she had just pulled on, her hands began shaking so badly that she could not manage to secure the buttons. As her tears began to flow down her cheeks, Buffy wrapped the shirt as tightly around her as she could manage, and curled up into a ball on the bed.

Down the hall, William entered his own darkened chamber and sat down on the edge of the bed, trying to will his heart to slow down. "What have you done?" Her words haunted him. What had he done? He was sure that she responded though, how could she perhaps it was merely hope that created an illusion, an illusion that would destroy him all over again. She had to have felt it.

In an attempt to soothe his restless mind, he closed his eyes and concentrated on her. While his inner vision had always been limited to brief glimpses, something about her made it possible for him to view her as if he were in the room with her. In his mind, he saw the pretty young blonde sobbing on the bed. As he watched her, he reminded himself that she was merely a tool to gaining the very thing that had alluded him his entire life, and unlife: his freedom. When he opened his eyes to block out the image, the guilt eased. He hadn't meant to do what he did, but her body, her spirit, had called to him, and the urge was stronger than anything he had ever known. The power that he felt while he was inside of her was unlike anything he had ever experienced; for the first time in a hundred years, he had been alive. The feeling still excited him, and he couldn't help but close his eyes to view her again. When he did though, the sight of her caused something inside of him to break. You've destroyed her, he thought. That idea brought him to his knees, and he did something else he hadn't done in a century: he cried.

When she awoke the next morning, Buffy sat up in bed quickly, anxious to get Willow's opinion on the hideous nightmare she had had. When she realized that she was alone, and that it had all been real though, she felt as if she had been struck. Even though she knew she would find it locked, she still attempted to open the door. She banged several times, even called out for help, but somehow knew that no one would hear her. She was alone, she could feel it. It was like someone had placed her inside of a bubble: the real world didn't exist for her anymore, just as she didn't exist to the outside world. She felt like crying, but she had no more tears left. As she turned back to the room that had overnight become her prison, she suddenly felt unclean. She could feel the caked blood on the inside of her thighs, and immediately blocked the images of the night before from rushing back into her head. She strode into the bathroom, and began running the shower. She needed to wash away the pain, the lonliness, the confusion. She reentered the bedroom, and, looking around her, grabbed a towel and quickly stripped the clothes from her body. Just as she secured the towel around her front, she felt him. She spun to face him, challenge flashing in her green eyes.

"What the hell do you want?" She spat. "Back for round two?" He merely gazed at her though, his cool blue eyes raking over her barely clothed body. "Fuck you" she whispered heatedly, and walked into the bathroom, slamming and locking the door behind her. Once on the safety of the other side, she leaned her back against the wall. She was trembling with fear, realizing that her feigned bravery might only serve to anger her captor, which could mean serious problems for her. Shaking her head, she dropped the towel and stepped into the welcoming heat of the shower. As the rivulets ran down her legs, her back, her chest, Buffy closed her eyes and leaned under the spray, so that the stream pelted her face. As she stepped back from under the water, she bumped up against him.

Spinning around so quickly that she almost fell, Buffy struck out at the man. He grabbed her arms to steady her, but then made no effort to release her.

"I dont know who the hell you are, but--" her voice broke, all out of fake bravado. She swallowed the scream that was rising in her throat, and settled for a heated glare at the man in front of her.

"William. I am William" he whispered, kissing her shoulder gently. "A locked door can't keep me out, I am surprised you didnt figure that out yet. "

"Clearly you cant be stopped. So why dont you just fuck me and get it over with? If you are gonna do it anyway, its better you just get through it quickly so you can leave" she said, her voice dripping with venom. She nearly took a step back though when William's eyes flashed red. He pulled her closer, and ground his hips up against her.

"I could, but that's not what we both want" He said, his voice velvety and smooth.

"I dont want this" she said, shoving him back with her hand. He didnt even so much as waver though, and instead kissed her hard, searing her lips and sending a lightening bolt through her system.

"Thats not what your body says" He whispered into her ear, kissing her neck once more. His hands slid up her waist to cup her breasts, as he teased his thumbs over her nipples. "Here" he said, when the little peaks had formed. "Or here" he said, as his right hand slid down to cup her between her legs. Buffy couldn't fight the shudder that rippled through her at his touch, she felt the heat pool there and knew he could feel the dampness there. He kissed her lips again, hard, recognizing the point when she began to yield, when she leaned into the kiss, tilting her hips further towards his touch. He nearly came right there when she returned his kiss, the shock nearly electrifying him. He shocked himself though by beginning to tremble. "No" he whispered, and stepped back from her. Buffy looked at him in horror, realizing that she had just given in to him. What startled her more was that he turned and strode out of the bathroom, the muscles in his magnificent body rippling with tension and anger.