Setting - Season 5 after "Out of My Mind" but before "Fool for Love”.

They were both surrounded, and there was no means of escape. Buffy scanned her surroundings and panicked. There were six of them, they were huge, with horns and a purple skin. Vampires she could handle, but not this. There was also no possible way for either her, or Spike to kill them. Spike was standing behind her, but she could still feel his gaze upon her and it was unsettling.

Look at that tight little ass, Spike thought, cocking his head to get a better look. When she turned to look at him, he snapped his head back up.

"Mmm?" He questioned innocently.



"Mmm? Spike? Mmm? What the hell are we going to do?" She asked.



Buffy stood her ground. She was poised, ready to fight. It was not helping her confidence though. The demons were closing in and quickly. Only earlier that night, it had taken both her and Spike, close to an hour to take down just one of these guys. What were they going to do with six of them?

"Grab 'em,” the head demon commanded.



"American? They speak American." Buffy cast a sidelong glance at Spike.



"No, luv they speak English" he slowly sounded out the words.



"You’re awful calm Spike. Why?" she asked.



They both began to back up, swiftly realizing that it was useless, as the demon behind them was less then three feet away.



"I'm sure you've got a plan slayer... right? Planning something in that pretty head of yours?" Spike more pleaded, than asked.

Before Buffy could answer, the demon from behind grabbed her by the waist, and covered her mouth with its scaly hand. She let out a muffled scream, kicking and punching to no avail.

"I got you slay-"



Spike was punched in the face so quickly, that he didn't even see it coming. He lay flat on the floor, out cold. Buffy screamed his name, she bit down on the demon’s hand, regardless of any danger to herself.


The huge demon grabbed Spike and lifted him up by the scruff of his neck, the way a mother cat picked up her kittens. He did not stir and if he wasn't a vampire, Buffy would have assumed him dead. Not that this would have bothered her normally, but she needed saving here.

"We only got one set," The demon that was holding Spike up told the head demon.



"I realise this. I thought we would only have the slayer," He paced obviously uncertain in what he should do.



"We could just kill him," Spikes captor suggested, shaking Spike, who limply swung in the cool night breeze.



"No, no. Master will be pleased with two...very pleased," He walked up to Buffy, who was once again silenced, by a rough scaly hand.



"I know you are a champion, but is he?" He nodded in the direction of Spike.



Buffy furiously shook her head. He only laughed in her face, leaving fresh spittle in places, Buffy desperately wished she could wipe off. She struggled again, but the demon nearly twisted her arm right off.

Okay Buffy be still what's the worst that can happen.’ She thought trying not to panic.



"’Cuff her," the head demon handed her captor a set of silver handcuffs.



‘I had to think that didn't I?’ She questioned herself.



The head demon paced around, as though he were looking for something. He stopped short in his tracks. Leaned over and picked up a long piece of rope. He handed it to Spike's captor.

Buffy struggled against the cool metal of the handcuffs. The demon tolerated it for about five seconds, before he swiftly thumped her over the head… All went black.

Thanks for reading! Please Review for me!