[Reviews - 230] LikedPrinter
Summary: Sequel to In League with Serpents. Spike and Buffy make a strange discovery during what should have been a routine search. While the Scoobies try to identify their find, Spike tries to figure out where he stands with the slayer. If only strange dreams, a matchmaking coatl, a teenager’s idea of “help,” and the vampire’s own insecurities would stop getting in the way. Runner up for Best Alternate Reality at the Fang Fetish Awards, Round 3. Nominated at the Spark and Burn Awards, Round 1 for Best WIP, Best Buffy Characterization, and Best Original Character, the Fang Fetish Awards, Round 3 for Best WIP and at the Love's Last Glimpse Awards, Round 16 for Best WIP, Best Plot, Best Spike Characterization, and Best Original Character.
Rated: 15
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Horror
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 28 Completed: Yes
Word count: 70385 Read: 54392
Published: 04/11/2006 Updated: 01/26/2007

1. A Skeleton in the Basement by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 12] Liked (2655 words)
I'm finally caught up with RL and my posts on other sites, so here's the beginning of that sequel I promised you guys. I have two new betas who tagteam under the name Pamp3rs. Thanks guys! As always, feedback of any kind is much appreciated.

2. Ventures by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 8] Liked (1782 words)
Big thanks to Pamp3rs for the betaing and to everyone who reviewed the last chapter. Two points to the person who can find the (extremely oblique) Firefly reference. As always, I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the chapter.

3. Dancing Lessons by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 9] Liked (2232 words)
In League with Serpents picked up two awards at the FFAs. I would like to thank whoever nominated me, you really made my day! Thanks also to everyone who reviewed the last chapter (the feedback helped me get past some nasty writer's block) and my fantastic beta, Pamp3rs.

4. Retrieval by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 5] Liked (2196 words)
I want to thank everyone who is taking the time to review this story. Your comments mean the world to me. Another huge thanks to the tagteam known as Pamp3rs, even though they make fun of my "archaic" spellings. ;-)

5. Once Bitten by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 5] Liked (1967 words)
I'm currently in the middle of taking/giving final exams, but I'm far enough ahead with my writing that I'm still sticking to my posting schedule. Maybe the reviews will rescue me from a psychotic episode when it sinks in that I am grading papers when I should be studying for my own tests... I hope everyone enjoys it. Huge thanks to my betas, Pamp3rs, for keeping me honest (at least in the fic writing department), and to everyone who has been reviewing. You guys are great!

6. The Arms of Morpheus by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 7] Liked (2354 words)
School's over for the semester, so hopefully I'll be able to write more. This chapter was a little odd to write, so I'd love to hear what you guys think. Thanks to Pamp3rs for betaing and to everyone who has been reviewing!

7. Debriefing by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 7] Liked (3730 words)
Trying my hand at kicking writer's block. Hopefully I'll be able to eek out the next few chapters on time and thus avoid a lynch mob. Huge thanks to Pamp3rs for the editing and to everyone who has been reviewing!

8. Boiling Point by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 5] Liked (2582 words)
Thanks again to everyone who has been reviewing. It's much appreciated. Thanks also to Pamp3rs for catching the worst of my spelling boo boos.

9. Likeminded by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 7] Liked (2089 words)
Writer's block really bites. For whatever reason, this chapter was the very devil to write. So says the bald spot on my scalp where I have been tearing my hair out. I hope it turned out non-lame. Thanks again to Pamp3rs for editing and to everyone who has been reviewing.

10. Loose Ends by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 6] Liked (1954 words)
Writing a chapter a week is HARD! I think I liked the whole write story then post thing better, but oh well. Too late now. The block is getting a little less ornery, I hope. (Thanks Pamp3rs!) I want to thank everyone who has been reviewing. It means the world to me.

11. Jolly Holiday by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 7] Liked (2859 words)
I'm this close to being done with my field research for my thesis, so I'm pretty certain I can get back to my regular posting schedule now. I hope I haven't chased any of you away with the long wait for this chapter, and I'd love to hear what you think of it. For those of you going to WriterCon, I'll see you guys in a few days!

12. Vessel by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 11] Liked (2672 words)
I've picked up another beta, Schehrezade, for your reading pleasure. Pamp3rs is still proofreading as well, and I want to extend a huge thanks to both of them. I'm back in town, so I should be able to pick back up my regular posting schedule. I hope I haven't chased too many of you away with my long absence.

13. Confessions and Cocoa by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 8] Liked (2621 words)
Thanks once again to Pamp3rs and Schehrezade for the beta work. Thanks also to all of you who are still reading and reviewing. The feedback really makes my day.

14. Something Old, Something Rotten by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 8] Liked (2527 words)
Thanks again to Schehrezade and Pamp3rs for beta'ing. This chapter kicked my butt from here to next month, so if it doesn't suck, blame them. If it does, blame me.

15. Telepathosis by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 7] Liked (1906 words)
This chapter is a little on the short side. Sorry about that, but moving cross-continent and starting my second semester of grad school has been kind of keeping my occupied. Thanks again to Schehrezade and Pamp3rs for proofreading everything. Thanks also to everyone who has been reviewing!

16. Magnetism by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 9] Liked (2577 words)
Writer's block is still kicking my butt, but I think things are going a little better now. Thanks again to Schehrezade and Pamp3rs for proof reading, and to everyone who is still reading. I hope I haven't scared you all off with my erratic posting schedule.

17. Buried Deep by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 6] Liked (2621 words)
I wanted to thank everyone who has been reviewing. I know I've been posting a little sporadically as of late, and I'm thankful it hasn't chased everyone off. Thanks also to Schehrezade and Pamp3rs for betaing and all around encouragement.

18. Connecting the Dots by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 6] Liked (2569 words)
Writing this chapter felt like pulling teeth. I still hated it until schehrezade_1 and pamp3rs got their hands on it. The only reason this chapter doesn't suck is their help. Thank you guys so much!

19. The Juniper Tree by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 11] Liked (2652 words)
My muse is being moody and psychotic. One second, I can't write anything, the next, this chapter just falls out of my fingers. Ack. Thanks as always to Pamp3rs and Schehrezade, the bestest betas evah! Maybe you guys will like the ending of this chapter a little more than my last few. ;-)

20. Bonding by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 9] Liked (2708 words)
Well, I'm going to thank Pamp3rs and Schehrezade for the awesome beta job, but you guys might not want to. See, this chapter didn't have a cliff hanger until they stepped in. ;-) Fair warning.

21. Mixed Signals by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 9] Liked (1763 words)
Here's some cliffie relief. I hope you guys like it. Thank again to Schehrezade and Pamp3rs. I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this one. hope you guys like it.

22. Facades by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 11] Liked (2906 words)
Thanks as usual to Schehrezade and Pamp3rs. Sorry about the long wait for this chapter. I've been travelling so much lately that I just couldn't seem to find the time to breathe, much less post. I hope I haven't chased too many of you off with my absence.

23. Murphy's Law by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 9] Liked (2215 words)
Real life has been kicking my rear. I hope I haven't chased you all off with my erratic posting schedule. Thanks to Schehrezade and Pamp3rs for the proofreading.

24. Sleep Like The Dead by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 8] Liked (1984 words)
Thanksgiving and getting engaged (squee!) have conspired to steal my limited attention span. Apologies. Thanks as usual to Schehrezade and Pamp3rs for the helpful suggestions and grammar flogging.

25. Circles by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 7] Liked (3069 words)
Apparently using fic writing as a motivator for term papers really works for me. Here's the next chapter, which is a lot less late than the last few. Thanks as usual to Schehrezade and Pamp3rs for being the bestest betas ever!

26. The White by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 6] Liked (2914 words)
Sorry about the long absence guys. I was tag teamed by writers' block and real life. Don't know what it is about me and fight scenes, but I suddenly become waaaay more anal than usual. Hope I haven't chased you all off by being gone for so long. Thanks, as usual, to my betas, Schehrezade and Pamp3rs.

27. Doubtless by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 7] Liked (3283 words)
Thanks to Pamp3rs and a special birthday shout out to my other beta, Schehrezade. You guys are the best!

28. Unexpected Blessings by weyrwolfen [Reviews - 20] Liked (2998 words)
Here endeth the story. Before anyone decides to stone me to death, yes i'm intending on revisiting this 'verse, probably many times. Huge thanks to my awesome betas, Schehrezade and Pamp3rs, and to all of you who have been reading and reviewing!