Chapter 2

Sitting on the edge of the bed, Spike watched Buffy pace through the sparse room. After the meeting that Quentin ran, announcing her presence and reason whys she was there, Buffy was shown to her room. Then, it was announced that Spike would not be allowed to stay at the council’s headquarters. Without missing a beat, Buffy announced that he was staying in her room and if anyone had a problem, they could quit the council and save them the time and hassle of firing them at a later date. No one protested. Giles was set up in a room across the hallway.

So there she was, like a caged animal, planning and scheming in her head. No words needed to be spoke as the link through the claim was wide open and each knew what the other was thinking. With his sensitive hearing, Spike heard the buzz of bugs around the room, ready to pick up their conversations in hopes to use against them. But, they didn’t need to voice their thoughts and the council did not know about the claim. Her initial wounds were all but healed, leaving a raised white scar on her skin. Without looking closely, one might even miss the little bruise. But, Giles knew. He talked to both before they left for the airport. The fact that a Slayer has never been claimed by a vampire, let alone a master vampire worried Giles. Words like thrall and dangerous weapon were thrown from his mouth. Buffy understood his concerns, in actuality both her and Spike worried about the same things, but their faith in their love superceded any doubts. After Giles revealed his worries, he let the subject lie. There was no arguments about how it was wrong, no way to change the past.

Buffy flopped onto the bed next to Spike. The sun was still high in the sky, leaving him to inside activities and therefore leaving Buffy inside, too. Both decided to practice the meditation techniques Giles taught them. The constant flow of feelings and perception between the two were getting to be too much for both to handle. Closing off the link and opening it up bit by bit helped them deal with processing all the information that they shared.
~*~*~
The sunset freed Spike and Buffy to wander around the streets. The council’s headquarters was situated in the outskirts of London and didn’t have many tourist sites for Spike to shoe Buffy. The neighborhood that surrounded it was mostly business, but held a few small family owned pubs. The damp, cold air breezed past the lovers as they headed to the local pub. Spiked wrapped the duster around himself andBuffy huddled down in her pink wool coat, both hoping to stave off the cold. Stepping down the uneven cobbled steps, Buffy entered another world. The quaint town pub was dark, yet homey. With few residents in the area, the pub was virtually empty. Buffy suspected that some of the council’s workers were in the pub. Spike followed Buffy in, and headed to a table in a dark corner. Sitting her down, he went up to the bar and ordered their drinks. Good English ale was hard to come by in the states and Spike couldn’t wait to taste it again.

The couple mulled over their drinks, talking about inane things. “Brrr. You know, living in Hawaii had really thinned my blood out.”

“You lived in California, pet. It wasn’t that thick to begin with.” Spike chuckled. Buffy was enamored with the dancing light in Spike’s eyes. His baby blues looked more cobalt in the low light of the pub and it set a secret thrill through her.

“It was cold!” Buffy argued, “You know for that one week a year, it’s cold.”

“Yeah pet. Sunnydale was absolutely frigid.” Their hands intertwined as they enjoy the slight reprieve of getting the council reorganized.

“Hey, are you making fun of me?” Buffy pouted. Her eyes twinkled letting him know she was still joking around with him. Spike groaned when her lip quivered, giving it’s best try at being noticed.

“Come here, love.” Spike hauled Buffy around the table and sat her in his lap. She snuggled deep into his embrace, wiggling her ass on top of him. “Hey stop that!” Spike’s arms wrapped around her waist, holding her tightly. “You’re teasing me, again. Didn’t anyone ever tell you not to tease a vamp?”

Buffy moved so she could face him, she stuck her bottom lip out in mock indignation, “You started it, you big bully.”

“Hey there,” Spike lifted his leg up, making her body shift closer to his torso. “None of that.” Buffy smiled at him and nuzzled his neck when she got close enough. “I’m only your big,” he thrust his hips up, grinding his burgeoning erection on her thigh, “bad,” another thrust, “bully.” With another grind, he continued, “And don’t you forget it.” Spike moved his arm that was holding her, making her squeal as her torso was dipped. Smiling, he brought her back up and nuzzled her neck. Spike only thought that this was the life he wanted to lead forever. His slayer on one hand and a cold English Ale in his other.
~*~*~
Night passed slowly for Giles. He stayed in the Watcher library, looking for references of vampire claims and their consequences. Except one researcher that wanted to know if he could help, no one bothered Giles as he looked through the texts. The clock chimed two, alerting Giles that he needed to go to sleep. Research on claims could wait, it had to wait.

Stepping out of the library, he was met with a jovial Spike and Buffy. They just walked home form the pub arguing who won at darts. Spike insisted that he won and Buffy insisted that she did. “I know you don’t want to admit it, pet, but face it, I won.”

“You so did not!” Buffy laughed as they rounded the corner, running into Giles. “Omph, Giles! Hey there, look, its Giles.”

Spike smirked and helped the tipsy Buffy stand back up without swaying. “Yeah, pet, you won, you can’t even stand without swaying.” Rolling his eyes he looked apologetically at Giles. “Sorry about that watcher, she’s not sued to the English ale, yet.” Giles shifted his feet and brought his handkerchief out to clean his glasses. “Just getting her to bed so she can sleep it off.”

“Uh, yes. But, your room is down the opposite corridor.” Giles motioned between them.

“Spike, you got us lost? See, I’m not the drunk one, you are! ‘Trust me, Slayer, I know where we are going.’ Uh huh, you’re drunk face it!” Buffy whipped around to accuse Spike, but lost her balance and started to fall. With quick reflexes Spike hauled her up and over his shoulder.

“Yeah, pet. I’m the one drunk. Let’s get you to bed, yeah?” With a slap to her ass, he motioned for Giles to lead the way to their rooms.

“Hey put me down, YOU! Big! Bully!”

Spike followed Giles down the corridor with Buffy on his shoulder, “I told I’m your big bad bully, love. Do well to remember that.”

Giles turned down another hallway, and whispered harshly, “It’s past two in the morning, do be quiet.”
Stifling a giggle, Buffy enjoyed the ride back to her room.