Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took such a long time. Any ways, this chapter it clearly shows that Liam is quite the brute. It's not my best chapter...I might rewrite it later.
Chapter 9

Liam was standing on the quarterdeck looking over his ship. He hated to be surrounded by sea, but he wasn’t going to give up his search.

Suddenly someone shouted: “Ship! At starboard!”
Liam grabbed his spyglass and stared at the horizon. The ship is approaching. He’s sailing under a Dutch flag. The captain gives the sign to ignore the ship. When the ship is very close, the flag changes to a black flag. It shows a skull and bones. Under it is showed an hourglass.

“Pirates!” Liam roared still looking through his spyglass.
The captain took the command. “Prepare to attack!” It was a busy thing on the decks. Men were running around.
“No obvious behavior!” the captain shouted. In an instant the men were calm. The pirates apparently didn’t notice the men on deck, because they were still approaching.

Suddenly the other ship turned around.
“Try to catch them!” Liam yelled to the captain. Orders were given and soon the Bloodhound had caught up with the other ship.

The pirates were attacked and overthrown. Liam had yet to decide what he was going to do with these robbers. He was sitting in his compartment, behind his desk, when he suddenly had an idea.

“Get me the captain and bring him to the galley. Every one there is to be removed.”
The man, who had to obey orders nodded and went off.

Liam walked over to the galley and waited for the captain to be brought in. The pirate was roughly pushed down the ladder.
The men wanted to leave again, but Liam gestured that they had to stay.

“What do you know about Captain Pratt?” He asked in a low voice.
“Who?” the pirates’ captain asked nervously.
“He’s better known as Spike the Bloody, or Bloody Spike.”
“I don’t know anything I swear.”

Liam took a step forward a looked the captain straight in the eye. “Tell me good captain, what is your name?”
“I’m Captain Brook, sir.”
Liam started circling the captain. “Alright, captain Brook. I’m sure you’re not fond of pain, are you?”

The scared shook his head furiously. “So you’re going to tell me what you know about Captain Pratt.”
“I may not be fond of it, but I’m not scared either.” Brook shouted.

Liam pulled a painful face. “Wrong answer.”
With a flick of his finger, one of his men came forward and started pulling out fingernails. The captain shrieked and cried with pain. Blood was spilled on the floor. Liam watched it, smirking.

“I’ll tell you!” Brook screamed after a small 5 minutes.
“Good.”
“The rumour is that Spike left Africa for Asia. I believe he’s now on the Indian Ocean. It’s also word that he traded his ship on Madagascar.” The captain panted.
“What’s the name?” Liam inquired.
“I don’t know.”

On Liam’s’ sign the torturer started to pull out another fingernail.
“AAAAAAH! I’ll tell you!” the captain yelped, “He sails a ship called Le Coeur de l'Océan.”

Liam smiled and sounded truly sincere when he said: “Thank you, untie him.”
“Thank you!”

Before Liam climbed the stairs, he turned around and said: “Kill him.”
There was a scream and a thump. The once so brave captain had left his life.

All pirates were interrogated. Some answered freely, others were forced like the captain. All died. After Liam was done, the corpses were thrown on the other ship and it was set to fire. The flames ate and digested the whole ship.
Liam felt satisfied.

*^*^*

Buffy woke up with a small scream.
“Damn it, Summers.” Faith mumbled, turning around in her hammock. Buffy got up and put on some clothes. She felt restless and needed some fresh air.

On the deck, every one left her alone. They knew the new member was suffering from bad dreams and not because they were marauding other ships. The whole crew was informed of the situation. Some had left, not willing to take the risk. Others, like Faith, were loyal and stayed.

Ever since they left Africa Buffy was suffering from nightmares. No one, except William, knew what they were about, but if they shook her up so bad, they had to be awful.

She walked around for a bit and breathed in the cool air.
“Hey, you couldn’t sleep.” A low voice said behind her. Buffy turned around and stared right into Williams’ face.
“Neither could you.” She whispered back.

“Had that same dream again?” The blonde shook her head.
“It had Liam in it, but this time it was different. It’s always different, but his ways never change.”

“What changed, pet?”
“Instead of hanging them all except the captain, he questioned all of them and pulled out finger nails and that kind of things. Anyways, every single one of them died.” Buffy said with a shaky voice.

William wrapped an arm around her shoulders. She leaned with her head against his chest and let out a breath.
“Did you see any faces?”
“No, just as always.”

Suddenly exhaustion overtook her and Buffy started sobbing softly. He wrapped his arms around her petite body and embraced her. Soothingly he rocked her and sang an old lullaby his mother used to sing for him.

[i]Hush, hush, time to be sleeping
Hush, hush, dreams come a-creeping
Dreams of peace and of freedom
So smile in your sleep, bonny baby [/i]


Buffy looked up and smiled: “I didn’t know your mother was Irish?”
William kissed her softly and answered: “She isn’t, my great grandmother was. She always sang it my mother, who in her turn, always sang it to me.”

She snuggled against his chest and said: “I wish we didn’t meet each other again, in this way.”
“My too, love, me too.”

*^*^*

The next morning, Buffy was exhausted. But against all the wishes of the crew, she did her job. She was part of the crew and she had her duty, she told them, so they had to accept that. Gunn didn’t offer her to study that day and Buffy was grateful for it.

Instead she helped some of the crew, who were new, with the mending of their clothes and such. One boy, Colin, who had just turned 14, had come with them after they had attacked the ship he was on. Buffy had been his guardian ever since, because the other liked to tease him about his pre-teens. She treated him like a little brother and he called her his big sister.

They were on the main deck and she was showing him how to mend his pants. Colin picked up very soon and she could start some chores of her own.
While they were working they started talking.

“Are you involved with Captain Spike?” He asked curiously.
“Yes, I am.” Buffy replied with honesty.
“Are you married?”
She shook her head, “Not yet, but I’d like to. First we have to make sure we’re safe from O’Connor. And now we’re certainly not.”
“Why?”

“Because, brother, I’m afraid that if O’Connor catches us, he’ll kill William in the most horrible way.”
“He wills any way, if he manages to catch us.”
“Yes, but you can never be to sure.”
Colin shrugged and said: “Whatever you say…”

TBC


[i]A/N: The lullaby in this chapter actually excists and is called Smile in Your Sleep. It's from Ireland, so that's why Buffy asks the question.[/i]